• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The P250 is amazing when the enemies don't have armor. It doesn't really serve much purpose outside of the pistol round though.

P250 is, bar-non, the best sidearm to use when you have an AWP. It has really good armor penetration.

I just made a picture of Get Right

eojg231.png

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
do you mean the five seven?

Five-seveN is an excellent pistol, but I'd rather have the P250 simply because of cost reasons.

If I found one on the ground, though, yeah I'd drop my P250 for it.

snack

Anyone know where I can get the specs of the machines they use for the Raidcall EMS One tournament? And their benq monitor too, anyone know the model name?

NIN90

That was like the most boring match ever. Fnatic in their current form did not belong in that grand finale. Too bad Virtus Pro and ESC did not attend.

spk

The P250 is amazing when the enemies don't have armor. It doesn't really serve much purpose outside of the pistol round though.

Uh, the P250s main benefit is armor penetration, that's why it's used on saves. There's no good reason to buy a pistol on 1st rounds.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
is there a chart somewhere of damage from each weapon comparing the hitboxes, and also w/ or w/o armor?

The last document I could find that had the information you were after was from last August. I'm trying to get in touch with its creator to find out if he's gonna update it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Uh, the P250s main benefit is armor penetration, that's why it's used on saves. There's no good reason to buy a pistol on 1st rounds.

Hmmm really? I guess I didn't have the stats but I've only had much success with it when the enemies don't have helmets. The accuracy is deadly but it feels like enemies don't go down too fast with helmets. Could just be me. Guess I need to use it more to get a feel for it.

Any reason to buy the deagle anymore?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm really? I guess I didn't have the stats but I've only had much success with it when the enemies don't have helmets. The accuracy is deadly but it feels like enemies don't go down too fast with helmets. Could just be me. Guess I need to use it more to get a feel for it.

Any reason to buy the deagle anymore?
No. The Five-seveN and P250 are superior sidearms.

Very useful information, like always.

Clydefrog

I thought the main difference between a P250 and Five-Seven is armor penetration. P250 does not penetrate armor well while Five-Seven penetrates like a mofo, hence the price increase. Oh and the increased clip size contributes to the price increase as well...

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the main difference between a P250 and Five-Seven is armor penetration. P250 does not penetrate armor well while Five-Seven penetrates like a mofo, hence the price increase. Oh and the increased clip size contributes to the price increase as well...

P250 does a great job with armor penetration, better than P2000 and Glock 18. Five-seveN has even higher armor penetration than the P250, though.

You should watch WarOwl's video on pistols that was linked a few posts ago.

TheExodu5

Banned
So what's the state of the deagle now, then? I watched the video and I'm told the 250 is the only one to buy, but how does it deal in long range body shots? The deagle, at least in 1.6, could still take out someone fairly easily long range since it did so much damage even with a body shot. Does the P250 compare at range?

So what's the state of the deagle now, then? I watched the video and I'm told the 250 is the only one to buy, but how does it deal in long range body shots? The deagle, at least in 1.6, could still take out someone fairly easily long range since it did so much damage even with a body shot. Does the P250 compare at range?
I think that this video is still relevant, the deagle has crazy recoil and needs three body shots/two headshots to kill, makes the P250 more useful sinds the recoil is more manageable.

Hatton Games Deagle stats video

OG Kush

Am I remembering this wrong but in 1.6 every gun killed with 1 bullet to the head right? Atleast without Kevlar and helmet, right?

feel

This might be old, but if you guys want to manually use those awesome radio messages that are heard when a bomb is about to explode ("Too late, run!!" "Goodbye, my friends.." etc) type on console

bind "n" "radio3; menuselect 7"

You can replace the "n" for whatever other key you want. Have fun randomly using the dramatic messages midmatch. I specially like trolling my teammates when I'm defusing a bomb with few seconds to spare.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
This might be old, but if you guys want to manually use those awesome radio messages that are heard when a bomb is about to explode ("Too late, run!!" "Goodbye, my friends.." etc) type on console

You can replace the "n" for whatever other key you want. Have fun randomly using the dramatic messages midmatch. I specially like trolling my teammates when I'm defusing a bomb with few seconds to spare.

Oh shit. I had no idea those were hidden radio commands. Thanks!

Timurid

I just got kicked from a server doing that... :lol

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I just got kicked from a server doing that... :lol

This is hilarious to spam while defusing.

CRAP! RUN RUN RUN! TOO LATE, RUN! *bomb has been defused, Counter-terrorists win* IT'S TOO LATE, RUN!

feel

Have you guys checked out that Office 24/7 server with the working nintendo console with playable Mario? Amazing stuff.

If you look closely at the controllers while people hold them when playing, you can notice the correct buttons being pressed, pretty insane attention to detail.

edit-

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoyGRRJgpTU

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
'Ello over here! I made a thread for the ESEA S13 LAN that's happening this weekend:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543354

CSGO matches start today (in about an hour at 6 PM EST/ 5 PM CST) with an all-star EU vs NA match - it'll determine how the seeds between the 2 regions are weighted.

I know nothing about CS and haven't played a game in the series, so if there's any erroneous info let me know. O.x

'Ello over here! I made a thread for the ESEA S13 LAN that's happening this weekend:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543354

CSGO matches start today (in about an hour at 6 PM EST/ 5 PM CST) with an all-star EU vs NA match - it'll determine how the seeds between the 2 regions are weighted.

I know nothing about CS and haven't played a game in the series, so if there's any erroneous info let me know. O.x

Subbed.

Apparently I really love the Five-Seven because of its armour penetration and how it doesn't have small clips compared to the DE. (I'm a bit of a... well, I don't take my time)

feel

Guys, halp!

I usually have to set my game to 119fps ("fps_max 119" on console) because it crashes to desktop from time to time on my pc for some reason if I let it run at 120fps, what's the file I can edit to make that change permanent so I don't have to do it every time? It's not saving when I do it from the ingame console.

edit-
lol those silly chickens

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, halp!

I usually have to set my game to 119fps ("fps_max 119" on console) because it crashes to desktop from time to time on my pc for some reason if I let it run at 120fps, what's the file I can edit to make that change permanent so I don't have to do it every time? It's not saving when I do it from the ingame console.

I think it's Autoexec.cfg, located here: SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg

EDIT: I decided to finally try my hand at making a Steam game guide:

CS:GO Hostage Rescue Spawn Location Guide

This is still a work-in-progress, so comments and criticisms are more than welcome.

Grinchy

Banned
I had never tried the Deathmatch mode until recently after someone suggested it as a good way to practice. That shit is fun. I just ran around with a pistol taking out the snipers and rifle users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom