• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's been a huge very controversial day in the Cs pro scene.
Via reddit

The day started with VP disbanding , after which GuardiaN said "The reason is, some of the guys are gonna merge with some other team and one guy".
This was followed with news that the Golden Five were no more and that Loord has retired.

News then broke that Markeloff had left Na'Vi. In the statement from Na'Vi the following team was put forth:

Markeloff (ex-Na `Vi)
Adren (ex-VP)
Angel (ex-VP)
Dosia (ex-VP)
Fox (ex-VP) - questionable

According to rumours Edward was offered a place but he decided to stay with Na'Vi. This means that Kucher, and Adren are free agents, and Pasza, Neo, Kuben, and Taz's future is uncertain.

However, the team put forth in Na'Vi's statement does not follow what GuardiaN said, meaning that it might not be the correct team. If we go by what GuardiaN said, an expected lineup would be 2 players from ESC, 2 players from VP, and Markeloff.

Virtus.Pro have issued a fierce statement slamming the actions of their players: ""We are waiting for Virtus.pro and Na´Vi organisations to further comment on this matter, we want to stress the fact that VP's players have signed their contracts until the end of the year and now they are leaving autocratically, blackmailing us with unsatisfying conditions.

"Considering not only their misbehavior and devil-may-care attitude, but also potential involvement of a Na`Vi player in a newly-built roster, we decided not to take part in this inadmissible dialogue which led to team’s dismissal.

"At this moment, we can see that these players, who have been provided with paid LAN trips for the whole year and a modern training center with all needed help, have left the project for a few hundred dollars just because they want to play with Yegor Markelov."

Basically some big name players have left top teams to form a super team without really asking their sponsors.

Zeppelin

Alright, so I've been playing around with this game some more. I've noticed something is different from 1.6 when it comes to movement. When you're for instance strafing and stop to shoot it seems like you're still moving for a while after having released the key, compared to 1.6 where you stop instantly. I noticed this yesterday when trying to shoot out the ventilation grills on B on de_nuke yesterday. My bullets ended up everywhere but where they were supposed to be, and I'm confident I would have gotten them had I've been playing 1.6 (I've done this a billion times).

Are my eyes deceiving me, or has anyone else experienced this? Interesting if true, it makes the game slightly less forgiving in this regard.

TheExodu5

Banned
Yeah the innertia might last a little longer. You can still do what you could in 1.6: move in the opposite direction to stop faster.

Ultimatum

Banned
Is the GAF server still active? The one in the OP says it's a TF2 server now. Also if it is still active, what time to people normally play?

NiP has competition.

Yesterday saw Virtus.pro remove their CS:GO squad while Yegor "markeloff" Markelov departed from Natus Vincere. They were rumoured to team up with former Virtus member Dauren "AdreN" Kystaubayev in a new Kazakhstan based project.

Now Sukhariev has been confirmed as the fifth player in the roster, proving early reports of Sergey "Fox" Stolyarov or former DTS and Virtus player Emil "kucher" Akhundov joining being incorrect.

Edward rounds up Astana Dragons

Now the team funded by Kazakhstan E-Sports Federation has been announced with the name Astana Dragons. The roster consists of three former Virtus.pro members and Na`Vi's two biggest stars.
housed in Kiev, Ukraine, similar to how Natus Vincere got started in 2010. Their first event will like
The team will bely be DreamHack Bucharest, and they plan to attend all the big events that are coming up.

Astana Dragons:

Dauren "AdreN" Kystaubayev
Kirill "ANGE1" Karasiow
Mihail "Dosia" Stolyarov
Ioann "Edward" Sukhariev
Yegor "markeloff" Markelov

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Does anyone else lose frames after playing for awhile? Mine will go from averaging 240-270fps to averaging 170-220fps. It does affect the experience a lot. A CS:GO restart fixes it, but I shouldn't have to.

Accidentus

Neo Member
Does anyone else lose frames after playing for awhile? Mine will go from averaging 240-270fps to averaging 170-220fps. It does affect the experience a lot. A CS:GO restart fixes it, but I shouldn't have to.
Memory leak has been a problem since the last update. Not sure what's taking Valve so long to fix it.

Clydefrog

yep. it's super annoying. especially when the server you play at is constantly full and takes a while to find a free spot to get back in.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, I've had it where maps I normally get a high framerate on suddenly tank, especially when smokes or explosions go off. A restart fixes it, but man, this shouldn't be happening at all.

I was a big 1.6 player back in high school and I just bought this for $5 in the Steam sale. I'm loving it! I hated Source but GO feels a lot more like 1.6. Never thought I'd get back into CS.

Donos

I was a big 1.6 player back in high school and I just bought this for $5 in the Steam sale. I'm loving it! I hated Source but GO feels a lot more like 1.6. Never thought I'd get back into CS.

Good to hear. Asked the same in the Steam thread. Played CS from first build till 1.6 and then for ages and had also a pretty long clan time. Didn't like Source at all. Just bought CS GO and looking forward to trying it tomorrow. Guess i have to readjust from BF3.

Any GAF servers? Playing from Germany so a Euro Server would be nice.

Donos

Lol, started a competitive game without knowing what it was and was stuck with 30mins of vertigo because i didn't wanted to get a penalty. Interesting mode though. Seemed that the teams really played as teams in comparison to casual matches.
Can i change the crosshair beside the color?
Have to adjust to the weapon sounds and footsteps but it plays nice overall.

Lol, started a competitive game without knowing what it was and was stuck with 30mins of vertigo because i didn't wanted to get a penalty. Interesting mode though. Seemed that the teams really played as teams in comparison to casual matches.
Can i change the crosshair beside the color?
Have to adjust to the weapon sounds and footsteps but it plays nice overall.

The crosshair is fully editable. I don't think you have to go back more than a few pages before you find posts containing a site and/or a video guide to configuring your crosshair.

As for competitive, it's full of bad apples, but still a great mode. Only thing I play these days. I recommend picking maps a little more carefully though.

Yeah I played my first competitive game yesterday. It's a lot of fun if you join with friends. Especially if one of your friends is an ex CPL player lol.

jordisok

Good to hear. Asked the same in the Steam thread. Played CS from first build till 1.6 and then for ages and had also a pretty long clan time. Didn't like Source at all. Just bought CS GO and looking forward to trying it tomorrow. Guess i have to readjust from BF3.

Any GAF servers? Playing from Germany so a Euro Server would be nice.

No EU server I do't think :( but if you ever want some pub teamwork feel free to add me
steam: LaunchJC

ksan

i don't understand why valve has to ruin the game by having absolutely dog shit rates on their servers, it's so much better with proper rates

Threi

notag
is the p90 acknowledged as op and needing a nerf? because i've fallen in love with it.
Its not really OP (anymore)...it just gets a lot of hate because the way to use it effectively is kinda the antithesis to how CS works (i.e. just run in guns a blazin' CoD style)

Donos

The crosshair is fully editable. I don't think you have to go back more than a few pages before you find posts containing a site and/or a video guide to configuring your crosshair.

As for competitive, it's full of bad apples, but still a great mode. Only thing I play these days. I recommend picking maps a little more carefully though.

Ok thanks, going to minimalize is as much as possible.

Selected almost all maps in competitive since i was just trying around and didn't really read carefully what it was. I also avoided Vertigo even in the CS days so that was not a pleasent 30 min :)

Sadly, the AK-47 isn't the deadly powerhouse with 3 shots anymore.

I can't connect to any server for some reason. I keep getting "Check your internet connection" message.

I bought the game before the sale was over, so I dunno what's going on...

I haven't had a problem with the P90. It's a great gun but that's why it's by far the most expensive SMG.

I'm really enjoying the shotguns in this game. I feel like they're a little better than they were in 1.6. Got the winning kill in a competitive match with the Nova lol.

feel

By the way, this is awesome (extended radio commands).
Oh fuck yeah! Thanks

edit-
Adore the "Enemy down" one. Can't wait to have someone scream over the mic "OMFG SOMEONE COMING UP CAT!!!!!!!!", make the kill quickly like it's no big deal and then just casually having my guy say "got him..". Or after getting the final kill in a REALLY tense round that is down to 1v1.

Clydefrog

Oh fuck yeah! Thanks

edit-
Adore the "Enemy down" one. Can't wait to have someone scream over the mic "OMFG SOMEONE COMING UP CAT!!!!!!!!", make the kill quickly like it's no big deal and then just casually having my guy say "got him..". Or after getting the final kill in a REALLY tense round that is down to 1v1.

my favorite is when someone asks on mic "can someone buy me a gun?" and like 5 guys say "Negative" on the radio

I just don't understand why they changed "Affirmative/Negative from C1/C2 to X1/X2. Volvo y u do this? I keep accidentally saying "Enemy Spotted."

Btw Clyde what servers do you play on? If I remember correctly from TF2 you play on West Coast servers like me.

The maps I want to see the most are cbble and mill. cbble wasn't the best competitive map, but it was always one of my favorite maps. With some changes to bombsite B it would work great in competitive play imo. Mill is mill, best cpl map.

Finally, I'd love to see them tackle prodigy. Don't even care if it would fit competitive play, I just loved playing it on public servers.

Clydefrog

I just don't understand why they changed "Affirmative/Negative from C1/C2 to X1/X2. Volvo y u do this? I keep accidentally saying "Enemy Spotted."

Btw Clyde what servers do you play on? If I remember correctly from TF2 you play on West Coast servers like me.

I play on the CaliCS servers. They have 4 total. Three are 12v12 classic competitive. One is 5v5 competitive set up just like the valve servers but with better rates.

It's a great community. Servers are usually full. Admins are good at speccing and banning hackers. We have a couple admins here on GAF :)

www.californiacs.net

they just added de_season to their rotation!

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
New Cache is out!

38CEE938F8D2D12EA9A71FB4790BCB66D4B58F14

Just went on a workshop DL spree and found Goldeneye's facility, Halo's hang em High and a bunch of other random but fun looking maps. Wish there was a community server running DM with them.

FPS Loss Temp fix from valve.
Try adding -processheap to your command line when launching the game. This should fix most of the long playing slowdowns people have been experiencing lately. The next update we release will also address these issues, but this should help in the meantime. If this doesn't have any affect, then you have something going on that we aren't aware of and you should email me (wood@valvesoftware.com) and let us do a trace on your machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom