• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

Do we know what's coming after Operation Fallback completes tonight? Have enjoyed playing some of these maps on proper servers so hopefully another Operation.

Do we know what's coming after Operation Fallback completes tonight? Have enjoyed playing some of these maps on proper servers so hopefully another Operation.

Yeah I don't know. I think the more popular maps should be put in the normal rotation. Could make the operations a good way to test community maps for public play.

Yeah I don't know. I think the more popular maps should be put in the normal rotation. Could make the operations a good way to test community maps for public play.

You can always cross maps of your list, so it doesn't really matter what maps they add. But with the sole exception of Favelas, or whatever it was called, not a single one of the Payback maps suit competitive matches. Most of them are style over substance.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Here's your second chance to get your gold badge, folks. :D

So, my current speculation:

-Silencers later this month.
-New Operation at the start of September.

Valve has made it clear they are aware of the desire by some members of the community for movement changes and for Cache to be made official, so I would not be surprised if either of these things happens in the near future as well, though possibly not this month. That would make a helluva comp update, though (silencers, movement, Cache).

Timurid

Here's your second chance to get your gold badge, folks. :D

So, my current speculation:

-Silencers later this month.
-New Operation at the start of September.

Valve has made it clear they are aware of the desire by some members of the community for movement changes and for Cache to be made official, so I would not be surprised if either of these things happens in the near future as well, though possibly not this month. That would make a helluva comp update, though (silencers, movement, Cache).

What happens when you get a gold badge?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
What happens when you get a gold badge?

You get people asking you every other comp match how many hours it takes to get the badge, followed by people in your lobby accusing you of idling in Payback servers.

Zemm

Is there anyway to have teammates names above their head at all times instead of having to put the crosshair on them?

Clydefrog

sooo... the Nova is weirdly accurate at long range. and it still does decent damage. Up close though it's fucking random.

M4 still remains my favorite gun. I like the aug too. In fact, I like all the CT guns way better than the T guns. :(

M4 > AK
Aug > SG553
TMP > Mac10
MAG7 > Sawed-off

oh, the glock beats the p2000 though!

Threi

notag
imo ct still wins on pistols.

five-seven is underrated.

overall though ct weapons do seem to better, but they are also more expensive.

also ak is still the ak.

KingKong

I would be soo happy if they go F2P or announce like 5 new maps. If its just silencers and new movement then this update has been way overhyped

spootime

I would be soo happy if they go F2P or announce like 5 new maps. If its just silencers and new movement then this update has been way overhyped

A revamped movement system would fix a lot of issues with this game and would be worth the hype. Just silencers and some gungame maps I dont care about definitely wouldnt be though.

KingKong

A revamped movement system would fix a lot of issues with this game and would be worth the hype. Just silencers and some gungame maps I dont care about definitely wouldnt be though.

I mean it would be awesome but people were saying it would make the game "explode". Right now it seems to be floundering, the comp scene could crumble very easily

spootime

I mean it would be awesome but people were saying it would make the game "explode". Right now it seems to be floundering, the comp scene could crumble very easily

Oh yeah. Unless its CS:GO going F2P, valve run esea-like service, and a spot at TI4, then I doubt its going to do anything for the size of the pro scene.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I hope this is coming out this week. Also, the M4A1 could mean GO will be supporting cosmetic items. Considering how customizable guns are in real life, this would fit perfectly into the game.

This week!!! Prize Pools!!!

EEXrtNz.png

Something like Dota 2 where you buy a ticket to watch a tourney?

Is there any place to download a map pack for the most commonly played maps? I just installed a new hard drive and I'd like to skip on having to redownload every map ingame.

KingKong

This week!!! Prize Pools!!!

EEXrtNz.png

Something like Dota 2 where you buy a ticket to watch a tourney?

Huh thats interesting. Not sure if ticket would work considering Dota has an amazing spectator system (which granted this patch could add) but also tickets give people unique items and a chance to get drops

KingKong

ah, weapon camos

still doesnt mean F2P neccecerely, more like buy a $5 item to get one of those items and support pro teams\

e: hmm, looks like silenced are separate weapons? thats a bit weird but I guess thats one way to balance silencers. Also, paintable. Oh man, I'm getting excited

KingKong

F2P just makes sense as a business model. It looks like they even broke down c4 into an inventory item so I assume theyll do different looking c4 models, hostages and player models later and this is the first step

Mileena

Banned
I can't tell if you're trying to disparage the game or what. GO is a good game with the potential to be a great game with the proper fixes. Also, Free2play doesn't automatically mean a game is bad. Dota 2 and TF2 are proof of that.

I'll just say that I've never played a good F2P game (yes I've played TF2) and GO is certainly not a good game. They should really be focused on patching this game instead of adding crates and hats and F2P garbage. This could be a decent game with 128tick servers for MM, fix the movement because it's super wonky and Source-like, balance the weapons ffs and add some damn maps to MM. It would really be nice if this game wasn't treated like a red-headed stepchild to Valve, but that's just wishful thinking.

KingKong

I'll just say that I've never played a good F2P game (yes I've played TF2) and GO is certainly not a good game. They should really be focused on patching this game instead of adding crates and hats and F2P garbage. This could be a decent game with 128tick servers for MM, fix the movement because it's super wonky and Source-like, balance the weapons ffs and add some damn maps to MM. It would really be nice if this game wasn't treated like a red-headed stepchild to Valve, but that's just wishful thinking.

Dota 2s F2P model is perfect. You cant really judge them by TF2, thats where they experimented on all these things.

Also F2P means more players, more money, which means more dev support and more tournaments

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Alpha knives returning? Silenced weapons? Awesome-looking weapon skins? If they ship a new map with this update, I'll be set for a while. :D

feel

I'm excited for all this item drop stuff finally hitting CSGO lol. I don't need the extra incentive to play this game, but it doesn't hurt at all.

Random things from /r/GlobalOffensive:

ibnPShviPnzqXj.jpg

ibikBis6u9e6sG.png

ibvWjNCaM7NjND.png

iH6zDJ6FbKq0H.png

ibuhQedaQvCsbc.png

ipfwINNehEfKg.png

iG4RcV15lNKOS.png

i1hXoMc2g3m2U.png

ibOm1JT5nUDY4.png

weapon_knife_m9_bayonet.e1a2b7307f6d0ef11e334078187bc3b4807eb688.png

iS8sIzMOW5eYj.png

iJ7hNgXYrxI0j.png

iLObQOyqxH6qx.png

ieUBHtENo0aGq.jpg

ihSPvM915NWpO.jpg

ib1Qx9WfpJaKpf.png

mcampbeLegendary Eagle Master 6 points 4 hours ago

Here are all the different gun skins
"paint_kits_rarity"
{
"hy_ddpat" "common"
"hy_arctic" "uncommon"
"hy_desert" "common"
"hy_copperhead" "rare"
"hy_skulls" "rare"
"hy_webs" "uncommon"
"hy_ak47lam" "mythical"
"hy_gelpen" "uncommon"
"hy_v_tiger" "common"
"hy_ddpat_urb" "common"
"sp_spray" "common"
"sp_leaves" "common"
"sp_short_tape" "common"
"an_navy" "rare"
"sp_snake" "uncommon"
"an_silver" "uncommon"
"an_red" "rare"
"am_ossify" "rare"
"aa_flames" "rare"
"aa_fade" "rare"
"so_yellow" "mythical"
"so_night" "common"
"aq_copper" "rare"
"aq_blued" "uncommon"
"aq_forced" "uncommon"
"aq_oiled" "mythical"
"am_dragon_glock" "rare"
"am_lightning_awp" "legendary"
"am_zebra" "rare"
"am_zebra_dark" "rare"
"aa_vertigo" "mythical"
"am_carbon_fiber" "uncommon"
"am_scorpion_p2000" "rare"
"sp_mesh_tan" "common"
"hy_feathers_aug" "rare"
"hy_blizzard" "uncommon"
"hy_forest_winter" "uncommon"
"hy_forest_boreal" "common"
"hy_ddpat_orange" "mythical"
"so_caramel" "common"
"so_grassland" "common"
"so_purple" "rare"
"so_sand" "common"
"so_tornado" "common"
"so_whiteout" "rare"
"sp_mesh_glacier" "rare"
"sp_spray_jungle" "common"
"sp_tape_dots_urban" "common"
"sp_tape_urban" "common"
"so_jungle" "common"
"so_tangerine" "mythical"
"cu_catskulls_p90" "ancient"
"sp_palm" "uncommon"
"cu_walnut_nova" "common"
"aq_brass" "rare"
"sp_splash_p250" "mythical"
"hy_hunter_modern" "rare"
"hy_hunter_blaze_pink" "legendary"
"hy_hunter_blaze_orange" "rare"
"sp_nukestripe_orange" "uncommon"
"sp_nukestripe_green" "mythical"
"sp_nukestripe_maroon" "uncommon"
"sp_zebracam" "common"
"sp_nukestripe_brown" "common"
"hy_ak47lam_bw" "uncommon"
"hy_blam_simple" "mythical"
"sp_dapple" "common"
"sp_zebracam_bw" "uncommon"
"hy_icosahedron" "rare"
"hy_doomkitty" "rare"
"sp_nukestripe_green_tec9" "mythical"

"name": "kill eater",
"defindex": 80,
"attribute_class": "kill_eater",
"min_value": 0.000000,
"max_value": 1.000000,
"description_string": "This weapon features StatTrak™ technology, which tracks certain statistics when held by its owner.",
"description_format": "value_is_additive",
"effect_type": "positive",
"hidden": false,
"stored_as_integer": true

Pretty hyped for this.

Aside from the 128tick servers for matchmaking, and possibly movement (I don't have an opinion on this so far), I disagree with every single letter in your post. Shame on you.

xwCbKyi.gif

Mileena

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you're a low rank that barely does matchmaking then. The game needs to be fixed, whether you think so or not. The competitive scene is almost dead and its a new game, HINT: that means its not good.

I guess they could just turn this into another pubscrub paradise game like TF2, which is likely what will happen.

Radix

Neo Member
I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you're a low rank that barely does matchmaking then. The game needs to be fixed, whether you think so or not. The competitive scene is almost dead and its a new game, HINT: that means its not good.

I guess they could just turn this into another pubscrub paradise game like TF2, which is likely what will happen.

The competitive scene is almost dead in every PC FPS.

The game does need to be fixed up a bit and this upcoming patch will certainly be interesting to see.

Judging by your posts not having you in the community for this game or any other seems like a great thing for everyone. When they do fix the issues with the game I hope you stay far away from it.

Mileena

Banned
Judging by your posts not having you in the community for this game or any other seems like a great thing for everyone. When they do fix the issues with the game I hope you stay far away from it.
Thanks, you're a great poster and I bet you're amazing at CS. Keep up the good work.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks, you're a great poster and I bet you're amazing at CS. Keep up the good work.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you really feel CS:GO is as bad a game as you're making it out to be, why are you still participating in this thread? The critique you've offered thus far has been negative instead of constructive, which isn't offering much in the way of lively discourse over the game's future.

Mileena

Banned
Because I love CS, play this game daily and want to see it fixed sooner rather than never. Not my fault I'm being attacked by people who think the game is amazing and perfect the way it is. I won't post in here anymore since yall don't like me, carry on with the Valve circlejerk and enjoy your hats boys ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom