• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Does anyone else find it odd that you can sell the drops on the marketplace? I believe in TF2 and Dota 2 you can only sell things that you've purchased or got as a pre-order bonus

Does anyone else find it odd that you can sell the drops on the marketplace? I believe in TF2 and Dota 2 you can only sell things that you've purchased or got as a pre-order bonus

The way items are distributed in this seems much different than the way they do drops in either of those games. For one, you can't buy any of the skins in the actual CS:GO store. Only the keys. The drop rate also seems way lower than either game, at least in my experience.

KingKong

The way items are distributed in this seems much different than the way they do drops in either of those games. For one, you can't buy any of the skins in the actual CS:GO store. Only the keys. The drop rate also seems way lower than either game, at least in my experience.

Yeah that's true. I'd be interested to see how the drop rate works, the FAQ said it was based on time but it seemed like people only got drops at the end of the map. As far as the drop rate, it didn't seem too bad: I played 3 maps of Operation Payback maps (which took maybe 45 mins total) and there were 5 drops overall.

I'd be curious if it's just at the end of the round and if it's based on how long people played, how many drops happen at the end of a classic comp game that took an hour?

Radix

Neo Member
Skins are selling quick

Thanks, Valve.

O4XjM9j.png

Omega

Banned
So, I've played maybe 2 hours today with zero drops. Has anyone figured out the system yet?

I've noticed that it's a 2-3 hour period and people got drops in back to back games. It happened all day when I was playing.

No one ever got just one drop.

chessnut

I just made a quick $6 selling a case and a mac 10 skin. I've gotten both of mine in competitive matches.

Where have yall been getting yours?

DTKT

I just made a quick $6 selling a case and a mac 10 skin. I've gotten both of mine in competitive matches.

Been trying Arms Race since it's fastest game type and drops always happen at the scoreboard. Though, for some reason, I've played for a good 2-3 hours and zero drops for me. I think something is broken or I'm just unlucky.

I think having bots also prevent anything from dropping. Not sure though.

jediyoshi

Mine have been in payback mm, though I've eventually seen drops at the end of community server matches

Got this thing, factory new
Prices look all over the place so far http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/StatTrak™ AUG | Wings (Factory New)

Also a heads up for people buying keys, they're still cheaper on the market
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/CS:GO Case Key

Radix

Neo Member
Most people I have talked to have only been able to get 2 drops. I guess there's some kind of unknown time limitation.

feel

Is there a guide somewhere of item rarity? I got a purple lighting painted AWP, written with red letters ingame.

edit-
I don't want to sell it but since I'm going to bed and won't be using it I put it up for $230 on the market (I don't see other listings for it) just in case someone out there is crazy/dumb enough to buy it lol

Does anyone know if there's a incendiary only map? I want to get the 100 incendiary kills achievement, which is the last one I need in that category. They're kind of hard to come by though, after 244 hours I am at 2... Easy to abuse it by either doing it with a friend or play on a map designed to farm incendiary kills off of bots, but I would rather not resort to that. I remember there were one or more HE only maps back in 1.6. Is there anything like that in GO?

Is there a guide somewhere of item rarity? I got a purple lighting painted AWP, written with red letters ingame.

edit-
I don't want to sell it but since I'm going to bed and won't be using it I put it up for $230 on the market (I don't see other listings for it) just in case someone out there is crazy/dumb enough to buy it lol

I think red is the rarest, not quite sure though.

jediyoshi

I think red is the rarest, not quite sure though.

Guessing just by the order from the crate description, from least to most rare

Blue
Purple
Pink
Red
Yellow

And then each weapon also has an 'exterior' rating, not sure the order

Battle Scarred
Field Tested
Well Worn
Minimal Wear
Factory New

I expect the value of everything to drop pretty dramatically pretty quickly. Hopefully get a few drops when I get home to make a few dollars. Then once everything is 50c just hold onto all my drops.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Got a FAMAS and an eSports crate, sold 'em, got almost $7 total. Thanks, Valve!

I played for exactly 3.5 hours before I got my first drop. I did it during Demolition, but I don't think it matters.

I let the game idle for about an hour in a "Test" idle server, and doing so now while I finish up work stuff, and at some point this morning I got a crate from that.

KingKong

you can sell drops from Dota2. Chests and mythical items

Do mythicals drop? I thought you could only get them from chests. Either way you cant sell your commons/uncommons/rares (wish you could though, I'd snag a bunch of items for cheap).

Like right now if you want a skin, there are a ton for 50 cents on the steam market. I bought this one because I thought it's one of the nicest skins around for 80 cents http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Five-SeveN | Jungle (Field-Tested)

jordisok

That jungle skin is real nice, are all skins available on all guns??

Played today for first time in about a month, no drops :( but rank went up so not bad!

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update for 8/15/13
Enabled loadout access in Competitive warmup so users can change loadout to match the map.

Increased Competitive warmup from 90 to 120 seconds.

Loadout is now accessible in Deathmatch at all times.

Added link to Community Market in the inventory.

Fixed a bug that prevented access to Steam Workshop maps from community servers.

Fixed a case when ending a competitive match could take a long time before sending players back to lobbies.

Fixed a regression where libstdc++.so.6 wasn’t included in community servers depot.

Fixed a memory leak when displaying web content in integrated webbrowser.

M4A4 and P2000 Achievement/Stat descriptions now include their silenced counterparts

Clydefrog

The whole loadout thing is ridiculous and anti-CS. It only applies to two guns! They should have just altered the buy menu to include the two new additions.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I could see the MP5 / MP7 and Scout / SSG 08 coming back in a loadout fashion.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Some of the people that play this game are unbelievable, in the worst way possible.

In what way? The rampant elitism? The deliberate ignoring of the good things Valve's done? The constant whining, moaning and bitching? Or is it the sheer frustration of dealing with assholes in-game?

If you play on public servers a lot, voice_enable 0 is your friend; if competitive matchmaking, make sure you lobby up with friends.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
In what way? The rampant elitism? The deliberate ignoring of the good thing's Valve's done? The constant whining, moaning and bitching? Or is it the sheer frustration of dealing with assholes in-game?

If you play on public servers a lot, voice_enable 0 is your friend; if competitive matchmaking, make sure you lobby up with friends.

I have fun with it. The best part is when they're on your team and complaining, you win and carry the team, and then you're against them the next match and win again (just happened).

Omega

Banned
Does this game not save Open Mic settings?

Everytime I get on I have to manually switch it and it's always default to Press to use mic.

when I was playing last night some guy said it was two a week and the week resets on Thursdays

Well shit that would really suck. I'll see how I do today.

From the FAQ:
Q: How do I earn decorated weapons by playing the game?
A: Weapon drops are awarded for play time over the course of a week. As your play time increases, the drop rate will slow down. The drop rate will reset when the week rolls over.

So maybe there isn't a hard limit but it just gets less and less likely till the reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom