• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

The TF2 system works like this

The current item drop system was introduced on April 20, 2010.[1] Players are guaranteed to find items at regular intervals of 30 to 70 minutes, with an average interval of 50 minutes.
The system has a cap on the amount of playtime in which drops can occur. This cap has been estimated to be 10 hours each week. Playing beyond the cap will not yield additional items[2]. Mann Co. Supply Crates and other usable items drop on a separate timer, meaning that these items do not affect the interval between regular drops.[3][4] The system resets each player's playtime cap every Thursday at approximately 00:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)[7:00 PM EST, 8:00pm EDT Wednesday]. If a player plays less than the playtime cap in a week, their leftover time will be added to the next week, so a player who does not play for one week will receive twice as many items the following week. The amount of time a player can save up is capped at double the allotment of a single week (roughly 20 hours).

so I imagine it's pretty much the same thing (with the only difference being that they give out items at the end of the map instead of right away)

So it should be like 10 drops per week not including Crates?

Also I like that it's done at the end of the map. Makes people hang around and adds a bit of excitement to see who gets what.

jediyoshi

The TF2 system works like this

so I imagine it's pretty much the same thing (with the only difference being that they give out items at the end of the map instead of right away)

The drop amounts are so low, I'd be surprised if they carried a lot of that logic over. They must have introduced a daily cap on top of a weekly one at the least.

KingKong

The drop amounts are so low, I'd be surprised if they carried a lot of that logic over. They must have introduced a daily cap on top of a weekly one at the least.

yeah maybe, I saw people on reddit saying they were getting a skin and a crate and that's it

also I'm watching the ESEA finals, compLexity is playing cuLtivation? seriously? coL vs cuL?

I bought my first and last key today. As far as drops, I've gotten a nova skin and a crate which gave me a famas with cats(at least that is what is says they are) on it. Not really liking most of these skins in this patch. A few are okay, but most look absolutely hideous. Here's hoping the stuff the community makes looks better.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I will echo the sentiment that 1) silenced weapons should have more ammo in reserve, and 2) they should be in the buy menu, not in loadout.

Also the server I was just playing on fucked up, and now I'm stuck on Inferno. Forever.

NVM, got out. still, damn Valve.

I will echo the sentiment that 1) silenced weapons should have more ammo in reserve, and 2) they should be in the buy menu, not in loadout.

Also the server I was just playing on fucked up, and now I'm stuck on Inferno. Forever.

Why don't they just give them a clip of 25 and just remove the two original guns. You can take the silencer off anyway. They just seem redundant,

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Why don't they just give them a clip of 25 and just remove the two original guns. You can take the silencer off anyway. They just seem redundant,

I don't want any guns removed. Just alter the buy menu to accomodate the two new guns, that's all.

I don't want any guns removed. Just alter the buy menu to accomodate the two new guns, that's all.

Which would be the ideal but for some reason they think giving the ct's the option to have them both selectable at once is unbalanced? I'm really confused about how they went about this.

RS4-

I got a weapon and a case the night it came out. I got another weapon and case last night. So I'm up to 4 this week so far.

I'm at 4 as well, spread out over three days; two on Thursday, one yesterday (didn't play much), one this morning.

One crate, one case and two skins.

Omega

Banned
The worst part about this patch is people using bad weapons in games just so they can show off their skins.

All the skins are terrible anyway. Only things that are worth having are the custom knives.

I'm more excited for the workshop custom skins whenever that feature releases. Probably won't be for awhile. Too much money to be made off aesthetic whores

jediyoshi

I'm more excited for the workshop custom skins whenever that feature releases. Probably won't be for awhile. Too much money to be made off aesthetic whores

It'd still be like dota or tf2 though. The workshop would just serve as a clearing house for skins that valve would then incorporate.

jokkir

Anyone know how to improve reg? My game has had terrible reg the past few weeks and it's getting a bit annoying. I'm going to try reinstalling right now to see if that helps

NiP-Get_Right on Why there won't be 128tick servers on Matchmaking.

He said that when he was at the VALVE headquarters he talked with the crew (vitaly etc) about 128tick servers being implemented in the future.

The reason he gave why there isn't 128tick and probably won't be in the future is: around 60% of all matchmaking players are playing on hardware that ranges around 0-40 fps.

So Valve basically says that you can't expect 128tick servers when more then half of the matchmaking players are playing on very low performance machines, because it "wouldn't even register" on a cheap machine. Get Right said he thinks this is a "very good reason" for not implementing 128tick.

Well that seems like a good reason. There's always community servers and ESEA type things. Though i personally wouldn't mind if Valve added their own ESEA type paid server for extra features and 128tick servers for those of us with better hardware and the desire for it.

Zemm

I think everyone knows they won't upgrade the current servers but adding it to the next operation payback would be nice. If you buy the next payback you can matchmake on 128 tick servers, would be a nice solution.

Never thought the numbers were so high but it does kinda make sense not to spend twice as much on servers when less than half would tell the difference on their machines or even care. But Yeah an Operation Payback type deal would be awesome.

Omega

Banned
NiP-Get_Right on Why there won't be 128tick servers on Matchmaking.

Well that seems like a good reason. There's always community servers and ESEA type things. Though i personally wouldn't mind if Valve added their own ESEA type paid server for extra features and 128tick servers for those of us with better hardware and the desire for it.

I've been watching CS GO streams recently and saw people in chat saying "omg look at their game!" and sat there wondering what they were talking about. I thought they were console fanboys being sarcastic.

The ESEA casters are awful. I feel like I've seen more of the scoreboard than the actual match. Also, Curse made some really bad decisions that even a noob like me wouldn't do and could have upset NiP if they played a little smarter

Clydefrog

my game dun goofed. map loaded and started "thinking" stuff. it had loading bars for "finding sniper spots" and various other things... no one could move.

332DAE21459730B03B2EDA62D0549BA8F29DE2E2

Ghost23

Looking for a shooter to play to get my shooting fix in. I'm burnt out on Battlefield and most other online shooters, but I have never played a CS. Is GO worth $15? I regret not getting it on sale.

TheExodu5

Banned
GO is the best competitive shooter out there, IMO. Go for it.

Just be ready for a bit of a learning curve. You'll need to manage recoil and learn to burst fire, among other things, which will be challenging.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Get_Right also mentioned Valve is working on completely new maps for GO, but they are in the very early stages of development.

Ghost23

So I got the game, and I know the basics of all the game modes now, but I always play the same three maps or so. I don't know if that's just a coincidence, but how many maps are there? I also have no clue what weapons to buy with my money. Do I lose my weapons every time I die?

jordisok

So I got the game, and I know the basics of all the game modes now, but I always play the same three maps or so. I don't know if that's just a coincidence, but how many maps are there? I also have no clue what weapons to buy with my money. Do I lose my weapons every time I die?

Yeah unless you survive the round you start the next round at a clean slate. This includes armor and defuse kits as well.

Which game modes have you been playing? That will affect which maps you get.

Datamined Revolver Icon. I really really don't like the idea of more weapons and needing a loadout menu. I hope this isn't the direction they want to go.
bae834551e8af08f6adf9c6952f28b86.png

Martian

Datamined Revolver Icon. I really really don't like the idea of more weapons and needing a loadout menu. I hope this isn't the direction they want to go.

My guess it's just another skin for the deagle, no stat differences.

Although I would enjoy new weapons. Gives a varied battlefield

Not a fan of having more weapons than what fit in the buy menu. They have a hard enough time to balancing what's there and never in CS did I wish there was more weapons or a loadout option. They weapons they already have fit every role perfectly.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Can you point to the specific file path where you found this?

I'm completely fine if the new weapons are just skins over existing weapons with no stat changes.

I liked doing that a lot with 1.6/source back in the day. It got to be too much of a hassle to continue doing (and I had to remove them for competitive play), so a hassle-free application would be nice.

EDIT: My Steam name is lastflowers if anyone ever wants to play some

Ghost23

Yeah unless you survive the round you start the next round at a clean slate. This includes armor and defuse kits as well.

Which game modes have you been playing? That will affect which maps you get.

Bomb sites, the casual version. Are there some guns you should pick over others, or are they all balanced to an extent.

Also, I'm having problems finding games. It will take 3 minutes to find a game with 2 humans and the rest bots. I don't know if it's the game mode I'm playing, or there are just not many people playing.

Start with casual. The weapons you will eventually learn is the M4 on CT side and the AK on the T side. Also it shouldn't take thast long to find a match.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you kindly. It actually looks more like the Spy's revolver more than the HL1/2 one.

Im seeing alot of Idling sites for getting achievements?
Is that even legal? Its like grinding for money right?

Idling and achievement farming are legal, always have been. That doesn't mean Valve hasn't worked against the former.

Martian

Sold my first crate for 2 bucks!

I wonder if it's more profitable to open all of your crates, so you at least have a chance of something worth a lot.

Also got my first skin, but no one has sold one yet, so I put it up for 3 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom