• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game follows similar rules to TF2 with the 30-60minute intervals, do you think it would be in one sitting or it would add up say 3x15min sessions? 9/10 times I am playing CS it is one quick round in between doing other things. That's the beauty of the game. For me.

DTKT

If the game follows similar rules to TF2 with the 30-60minute intervals, do you think it would be in one sitting or it would add up say 3x15min sessions? 9/10 times I am playing CS it is one quick round in between doing other things. That's the beauty of the game. For me.

It doesn't seem to use the same model for drops. It's more like 3-4 hours between items. Usually, it's one skin followed by a crate.

What sensitivity do you guys play at?

6/11 in Windows (I use raw mouse input though), 450 dpi, 2.0 in game, no acceleration or anything. Feels pretttty good so far.

6/11, 500dpi, 3.15, raw input off (MarkC fix)

Crazy high but i'm trying to cut like 0.20 per week untill I find myself confortable.

Helps that I never used an AWP in my cs life.

Huh, I should check up on this MarkC fix. Why not use raw mouse input though?

Uiki

6/11 in Windows (I use raw mouse input though), 450 dpi, 2.0 in game, no acceleration or anything. Feels pretttty good so far.

Huh, I should check up on this MarkC fix. Why not use raw mouse input though?

There are some rumors that it might be bugged with some sort of smoothing (http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1f8km4/csgo_raw_input_faulty/). And even some pros don't use it.

So I tried disabling it (I always played with raw on) and twitch aiming feels a lot smoother and responsive on my pc.

Just give it a shot, see how it feels then decide.

KingKong

a couple more things from reddit:

classic knife and double barrel and second revolver mention and C4 (???) http://i.imgur.com/m1UTs8G.png

some more icons http://imgur.com/a/3mTUP#0

Also it's funny how something as simple as skins can boost the game's popularity.
75wdHIu.png

It got back to play after leaving. I'm still not going to play as much as I used to, because I'm trying to cut video games out of my life more than before, but 4-6 games a week isn't out of the question if I don't do any other vidya games.

Need to get that shelf of books read :)

LCGeek

formerly sane
There are some rumors that it might be bugged with some sort of smoothing (http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1f8km4/csgo_raw_input_faulty/). And even some pros don't use it.

So I tried disabling it (I always played with raw on) and twitch aiming feels a lot smoother and responsive on my pc.

Just give it a shot, see how it feels then decide.

Same situation myself with G400 and raw input on. Other games it's just fine and much better than windows in but CSGO it's garbage and I miss more because of it. Some say when you use raw in mouse smoothing is on and there is a slight input delay.

So, is it two skins and two crates a week? I've been playing for quite sometime now and have yet to see anything past the two skins and two crates I had found days ago.

Had a couple annoying bugs yesterday. First my scoreboard wouldn't show up, which is a lot more of a pain than it sounds. I couldn't tell who was left on the enemy team, etc. The other problem was I kept losing my viewmodels, so I would just have a crosshair. It was like being in permanent AUG scope mode, but without the zoom. I had to restart Steam, not just GO, to fix it.

What does the stat tracker do anyway? I saw the stat tracker awp on sale for $90. crazy

Same thing that strange weapons did in TF2 — keeps track of how many kills you've gotten with that weapon.

The other problem was I kept losing my viewmodels, so I would just have a crosshair. It was like being in permanent AUG scope mode, but without the zoom. I had to restart Steam, not just GO, to fix it

That's the best way to play. You just won the lottery, then threw away your ticket...

Uiki

de_train_ve is out.

Some great changes. Some unnecessary ones. I hope that Valve will put a lot more effort into the look of the trains if they decide to add the changes. Those ridiculous wheels look stupid.

This one is almost at nuke-changes level.

I don't expect valve to pick ALL the changes made by volcano but some of this stuff would really make the map better.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
de_train_ve is out.

Some great changes. Some unnecessary ones. I hope that Valve will put a lot more effort into the look of the trains if they decide to add the changes. Those ridiculous wheels look stupid.

He overdid it. The train models are horrendous, and I don't understand some of the changes. Some, like putting sheet metal against the fence in the room in Ivy, I get and don't have much of a problem with, but adding more trains to the sites seems like too much extra clutter, whereas how it is now is pretty clear. And as for A, I'm fine with it being where Valve moved it to.

I'm not saying Train can't be improved, but he took it to Star Wars special edition-levels of alteration here, whereas what he did on Nuke was much more appropriate.

At this point, if any map needs work, it's Aztec.

Clydefrog

He overdid it. The train models are horrendous, and I don't understand some of the changes. Some, like putting sheet metal against the fence in the room in Ivy, I get and don't have much of a problem with, but adding more trains to the sites seems like too much extra clutter, whereas how it is now is pretty clear. And as for A, I'm fine with it being where Valve moved it to.

I'm not saying Train can't be improved, but he took it to Star Wars special edition-levels of alteration here, whereas what he did on Nuke was much more appropriate.

I'm with you. It's terrible.

At this point, if any map needs work, it's Aztec.

YES! It was my favorite map in 1.6 now it's a foggy rain soaked mess. Not sure what needs to be changed but I hate playing on it now.

Had a heart break earlier. Dude goes in wanting to trade a valve case for a gun. I traded him Arctic skin for an autosniper. I never used it and it sure as hell wasn't worth 2 bucks.I open it and just barely miss a purple Dragon tattoo glock which I actually want and ended up with a Ultra violet SG553.
330x192

bah.

I've opened maybe 5 cases and this has been my best get.
330x192

Dark Water M4A1-S Minimal Wear. If It was Brand new and StatTrak it would be perfect.

4.5 hours this week and 0 drops. Isn't the only reason I play the game so it isn't the end of the world but still annoying. Dota 2 has made me enjoy cosmetics.

Zemm

The anti-cheat in this game is wank. Was watching a stream this morning where one team was getting destroyed and you can literally see the guy alt-tab and turn on some hacks, came out in the 2nd half and was a killing machine. Just watched another stream which was for a tournament and it was pretty obvious one team was cheating there too, even getting called out at one point by the commentator. Really does put me off the game. In comparison I saw two (TWO) cheats from TF2 release until now, I guess people there just don't take the game so serious.

proxy.jpg

Also..Killing someone with a StatTrak Weapon then using the "show weapon" key while they spectate you to show them their place on your gun is nice. Reminds me of this scene from Gangs of New York.

KingKong

Looking at steamdb theyve spent a lot of time on the patch today. It might be too late to release tonight but then again it is an anniversary and they last updated half an hour ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom