• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martian

Just got a StatTrak Glock from opening up a case!

Those things go for like 13 euros, so nice!
I wonder if anyone actually buys them, though. I mean 13? Its a lot

Sparse

Dammit I don't think I have on my current account. The account is 5 years old but i'm not sure if I bought css straight away.

Snap, which is a little annoying. If it's not a one time thing that'd be nice.

Just got a StatTrak Glock from opening up a case!

Those things go for like 13 euros, so nice!
I wonder if anyone actually buys them, though. I mean 13? Its a lot

Someone will buy it~.

Uiki

Hmm, I guess I'm eligible for that medal. I joined in 2007 with CS:S.

What is it exactly? Like the Operation Payback coin?

5yearcoin.3a0b59365cbb1ff12b7bca1ad61dc2be650e950c.png

Uiki

GAMEPLAY

SSG08:
Reduced price from 2500 to 2000.
Reduced standing and crouching accuracy recovery times.

Reduced Molotov price from 500 to 400.

Reduced Incendiary Grenade price from 850 to 600.

Reduced Glock damage from 33 to 28.

Fixed bug that NiP discovered where the aimpunch experienced when compensating for recoil was incorrect.

Third person silenced muzzleflash light brightness is no longer a portion of unsilenced brightness, instead it is now completely removed.

Chickens are no longer scared when moving silently near them or shooting near them with silenced weapons.

Fixed a bug where removing/adding a silencer would also drop a magazine on the ground.

MAPS

Fixed map placed weapons not working properly.

Aztec:
New connector between A and B bombsites.
More cover in underpass.
More cover in overpass.
More cover at bombsite A.
Changed cover at CT side of bridge.
Removed railings on bridge.
Added player collision inside large vegetation models.
Removed collision on some props.
Clipped stairs.
Reduced fog.
Reduced noise in textures.

Train:
Tweaked shower room.
Moved ladders to ends of traincars.
Made T entrance into bombsite A wider.
Reduced size of CT sniper position.
Removed some cover from CT sniper position.
Blocked visibility under electrical box at bombsite A.
Blocked visibility through yellow barrels at bombsite A.
Brightened textures near bombsite A.
Removed some wires at bombsite A.
Blocked visibility under traincars.
Rearranged trains at bombsite B.
Widened back of bombsite B, T side.
Replaced cover at back of bombsite B, T side.
Clipped stairs.
Optimizations.
Fixed radar naming.
Blocked visibility through concrete bags near Ivy.
Brightened door near Ivy.
Removed railing at top of ladder.
Brightened environment light.
Reduced fog.

Inferno:
Fixed missing collision in an area in mid.
Made railing at back of bombsite A easier to see through.
Widened doors in construction.
Reduced wall penetration in construction.
Removed wall supports in apartments hallway.
Increased C4 explosion radius to make it consistent with other maps.

Nuke:
Fixed a bug in ramp room.
Widened door in rafters.
Fixed some radar naming bugs.
Increased C4 explosion radius to make it consistent with other maps.

Mirage:
Added more light to CT window into bombsite B.
Fixed some graphical bugs.
Removed small trashbags that could be mistaken for players.

Dust2:
Made it easier to spot enemies at back of long A, CT side.
Removed center scaffolding in tunnels.

UI

Added warning message for when there is a new update available.
Fixed Main Menu for 21x9 monitors.

Weapon Case Unlock Animation:
Fixed animation stopping on an item when the connection to the item server is actually unresponsive.
Fixed animation not closing if error dialog occurs.
Fixed animation restarting if space bar was pressed.

In-game previews of StatTrak™ weapons and unusual knives now correctly display those attributes in the name.

Weapon target ID text now colors the weapon the color of its rarity.

Fixed StatTrak HUD element for knives hiding.

Fixed Tooltip backgrounds disappearing when browsing Workshop maps.

Fixed Matchmaking 'ACCEPT' button not reappearing after you accept a match and not everyone accepts.

Fixed spectator player panels were showing up when they shouldn't be (wrong team, wrong mode, etc).

Fixed the spectator panel not using the new knife icons properly.

Moved the “flashed” icon from the center of the screen, made it more subtle and added fringe fades for when your target is flashed when connected via GOTV.

Fixed Rescue Kit displaying as Defuse Kit in hostage maps.

Fixed pause menu missing entries.

Fixed item drops displaying for 'Unknown' players.

Fixed formatting of AWP kill award text in Classic Competitive.

Teammate’s names now always show overhead during freeze time.

Additional work on inventory, addressing edge cases where HUD positions would not update properly after a weapon had been added or removed.

MISC

Added "Five Year Veteran Coin" awarded to players who were a member of the Counter-Strike community for over 5 years.
Fixed Overwatch not displaying new cases after viewing one case.
Fixed extended delay in the end of Classic Competitive games that had GOTV spectators.
While watching matches in GOTV, the Autodirector is paused, not deactivated, if the spectator follows a specific player.
Added weapon_m4a1_silencer and weapon_usp_silencer FGD entries for map makers.
Fixed several exploits affecting dedicated servers.
Added a server convar sv_quota_stringcmdspersecond to allow rate-limiting client string commands.
Reduced memory usage on dedicated server.
Fixed weapon switch and knife swing animations being choppy at low ping.
Stability fixes in shaders
Identified a memory allocation bug involving nVidia Geforce Drivers version 320.49 or earlier. We suggest that you update to the latest beta driver version 326.80.

:slowclap:

Clydefrog

OHHHhhhhhhh

not being able to see under the trains on de_train will be big. i'm excited to see the new aztec.

and gotdamn that's a cheap scout!

Martian

Anyone else having crazy FPS issues since (even before) this update?

I spoke to some people in the servers I played on, and they had some problems as well

feel

Wow Valve doing work!

Will get my 5 year coin in November, unless this is an anniversary only thing.

edit-

Love that they finally did something to Aztec, I really enjoy playing in that map (atmosphere, nostalgia, etc) but it was so unbalanced!

Wow Valve doing work!

Will get my 5 year coin in November, unless this is an anniversary only thing.

edit-

Love that they finally did something to Aztec, I really enjoy playing in that map (atmosphere, nostalgia, etc) but it was so unbalanced!

Nah. You get it when you hit 5 years. Traded 2 whatever skins for a case and finally got my Dragon tattoo Glock. Unfortunately not StatTrak though.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Got my 5-year coin, whee. And these patch notes are great. Looking forward to checking out Train and Aztec.

I wonder if there is a way to check how long we've owned a game?

Edit: Aug 3, 2009$19.99 Purchase Counter-Strike: Source

Dammit. See ya next year coin.

Should never have switched accounts.

I got the Half-Life CD pack for a birthday in 04, so I had HL1, CS, Blue Shift, TFC, and Opposing Force. I also had Day of Defeat, but I don't know if that came with it.

With the exception of maybe 5 hours of TFC, CS 1.6 was the only game I played on Steam until I downloaded TF2 when it became F2P in the summer of 2011. I should probably play some of those other games, but they probably haven't aged very well.

KingKong

The market prices for the common skins have really dropped. Just bought like 10 skins for a dollar fifty. Too bad AK doesnt have a really common skin, the M4 zebra is 30 cents but AK skins are at least a few dollars

Uiki

Hmm...have you tried the new glock?

I got like 4 or 5 matches and it seems that on pistol rounds nothing has really changed.

Maybe less accuracy (it's like shooting lasers) would have been ideal.

Update looks nice. Look forward to playing a long session tonight since no work tomorrow. Maybe I will finally get a drop too.

Does anyone else wish you could search casual matchmaking for Defuse AND Hostage missions? Instead of having to choose.

Cool got the 5 year badge. Although i knew I would as it was the first game I bought(since a friend got my account banned that I created the day CS1.6 launched) on a new account in 2007. Back then all I played was CS.

Hmm...have you tried the new glock?

I got like 4 or 5 matches and it seems that on pistol rounds nothing has really changed.

Maybe less accuracy (it's like shooting lasers) would have been ideal.

From what I played last night the Glock still kills in one headshot and is extremely accurate so nothing really changes here on the competitive front. In casuals (where body shots are more common) this might make a difference in the pistol rounds.

From what I played last night the Glock still kills in one headshot and is extremely accurate so nothing really changes here on the competitive front. In casuals (where body shots are more common) this might make a difference in the pistol rounds.

Casual players or semi-casual players is body shot playground. So this will make a huge difference.

Uiki

I was referring to competitive pistol rounds. In casual pistol rounds Ct can buy a five seven, so they are not so unbalanced like the competitive ones.

With kevlar i think that you need 6 shots to kill. With helmet you need 3 headshots. So yeah, it makes a difference in all the other rounds except in the pistol ones...which sucks :/

Yeah, too bad I lost my first account through steam friends and second account by logging into a site that wasn't valves. :(. The second time was a really dumb one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom