• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT| The bomb has been planted

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I keep getting "items_games.txt does not match the server's" when I try to play on regular servers, Bravo works fine.

Just got and sold a Five Seven skin for £2.10, that will pay for a case key, apparently they didn't activate the new Bravo cases yet, at least I've never seen anyone get one and people are saying the same on the forum.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they had included another new map instead of reusing Seaside. It's a fun map and all, but I would've preferred a greater variety of maps.

Still! I'm excited this update's come and that the maps can be played in comp mode, and I'm looking forward to dumping 50+ hours into Bravo.

chessnut

I wish they had included another new map instead of reusing Seaside. It's a fun map and all, but I would've preferred a greater variety of maps.

Still! I'm excited this update's come and that the maps can be played in comp mode, and I'm looking forward to dumping 50+ hours into Bravo.

Yeah, I need cbble and prodigy in the rotation

All the maps look fantastic. Wish Agency would have maintained the bright colors it originally had though.

Does anyone know if the new skins share the same drop timer as the old weapons? Will they count as my drops for this week?

Ziek

Has anyone been surfing at all in this game? There are a couple good servers out there. Some of the "newb-friendly" ones are filled with children and trolls though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I've still not seen a single Bravo case drop for anyone in 2 days.

"If you DO have a Bravo pass, you'll get a huge boost to the likelihood of a Bravo case drop, without cutting into your regular timed finish and case drops. "

My ass.

KingKong

I've still not seen a single Bravo case drop for anyone in 2 days.

"If you DO have a Bravo pass, you'll get a huge boost to the likelihood of a Bravo case drop, without cutting into your regular timed finish and case drops. "

My ass.

sounds like they just started dropping this morning

and of course people sold the very first ones for 30 bucks and then anywhere from 15 to 25

They're down to about 12 bucks right now but I figure a case or two will pay for the price of the bravo ticket even if you get it a few days later

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Operation Bravo Case

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like they just started dropping this morning

and of course people sold the very first ones for 30 bucks and then anywhere from 15 to 25

They're down to about 12 bucks right now but I figure a case or two will pay for the price of the bravo ticket even if you get it a few days later

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/730/Operation Bravo Case

Yeah, if they're still selling for crazy money by the time I get one I'll probably sell it to pay for a few keys.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Siege map, THE Siege map? If it is, thats pretty great news.

Im still waiting on De_port as well
Yeah, it's based on the 1.6 Siege.

Finally started playing this game and got ranked gold nova II.

Does that mean I suck?

rank_images.jpg

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just got a Bravo case and it sold for £5.50 instantly. Yesterday they were going for £30 for awhile, what a difference a day makes.

TheExodu5

Banned
Out of the new maps I'm digging Gwalior. Very interesting map and reasonably balanced by the looks of it.

The worst is Ruins. B site is ridiculous.

edit: YES! I was going to hate myself for a minute. Bought a Bravo case because I was frustrated at the lack of drops. Got a Factory New AWP Graphite!!!

Reformated my PC now i'm having issues connecting to people. My ping is always over 300 now. I remember someone having this similar issue before and it was do to a regional setting being set wrong? Was that on steam or his PC?

KingKong

Out of the new maps I'm digging Gwalior. Very interesting map and reasonably balanced by the looks of it.

The worst is Ruins. B site is ridiculous.

edit: YES! I was going to hate myself for a minute. Bought a Bravo case because I was frustrated at the lack of drops. Got a Factory New AWP Graphite!!!

Ruins is massive. It feels like a Call of Duty map

I think most of the maps are decent but they're so small. Cache is probably the best one, I kind of like Siege too.

TheExodu5

Banned
Alright...so out of the new maps, I'd say Cache and Gwalior are the only ones suited for competitive play. Cache is obviously a good map. Gwalior is a bit too hectic...I think mid is just a bit too open, but otherwise, it's a pretty decently balanced map. I'm more excited about the fact that Gwalior is so different from any other competitive map out there, but still manages to be pretty playable.

Ruins is terrible.

Chinatown feels like a Modern Warfare map. The bombsites are pretty terribly designed as well.

Ali would be okay if they fixed up (a lot). It needs more than a single narrow corridor into B, and the bombsites need to be further apart. It's very CT sided.

Seaside is okay, but mid needs to be fixed up. I'm disappointed they didn't bring over Favela instead.

Zeppelin

My God the bots in this game are worthless. One would think Valve would manage to create better bots than the ones we had in 1.6 10 years ago but no. At least make them understand the concept of eco rounds and stop them from running of in the complete opposite direction than the rest of the team. It can't be that hard. Even better, just have them stay close to spawn so one of the players can pick them up after dying and actually be useful with them.

Also, the servers in this game is an absolute joke. People are getting disconnected every other game (myself included). And most of the time it's not just one person getting disconnected but a couple so I'm confident the issue lies with Valve. I honestly don't think I've ever played a game with servers this bad.

Also, did they remake de_prodigy? It's a broken map but damn it can play fast!

bs000

My God the bots in this game are worthless. One would think Valve would manage to create better bots than the ones we had in 1.6 10 years ago but no. At least make them understand the concept of eco rounds and stop them from running of in the complete opposite direction than the rest of the team. It can't be that hard. Even better, just have them stay close to spawn so one of the players can pick them up after dying and actually be useful with them.

Also, the servers in this game is an absolute joke. People are getting disconnected every other game (myself included). And most of the time it's not just one person getting disconnected but a couple so I'm confident the issue lies with Valve. I honestly don't think I've ever played a game with servers this bad.

You can use "Hold This Position" radio command as soon as freeze time ends and they'll stay in spawn until someone takes control. Don't use any radio commands during freeze time or they won't listen.

Zeppelin

You can use "Hold This Position" radio command as soon as freeze time ends and they'll stay in spawn until someone takes control. Don't use any radio commands during freeze time or they won't listen.

Huh, that useful knowledge. I'll keep that in mind!

KingKong

I played like 10 casual games on bravo and only saw one person get the new bravo case. Come on Valve I just want to make like 8 bucks!

TheExodu5

Banned
I played like 10 casual games on bravo and only saw one person get the new bravo case. Come on Valve I just want to make like 8 bucks!

I'm up to 14 competitive Bravo wins and me and my friend finally just both got a case (both in the same game).

edit: damn, this game was a bit out of my league:

So8ydua.png

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
How does the ranking work? I lost a competitive game because my team were terrible (I had 40 kills, the rest had 16 or less) and I was wondering if that hurts my ranking? I'm still on my 10 placement matches. I remember doing my placement matches in LoL and in 7/10 games I had a leaver so we lost those games so I got screwed over in Bronze, I'm hoping it's not the same in CS:GO.

How does the ranking work? I lost a competitive game because my team were terrible (I had 40 kills, the rest had 16 or less) and I was wondering if that hurts my ranking? I'm still on my 10 placement matches. I remember doing my placement matches in LoL and in 7/10 games I had a leaver so we lost those games so I got screwed over in Bronze, I'm hoping it's not the same in CS:GO.
It hurts your ranking, but you shouldn't worry. First of all, it's still figuring out your skill and won't officially assign you until you have won ten matches. Until then you'll get some weird matches. Even if the system gets it wrong at first, it will eventually correct itself. Moving up or down skill groups just takes a few matches when you are winning or losing a lot. I got placed too high when I started playing, but quickly dropped a few ranks. After a few months of playing I was back in the higher skill groups though.

Valve in possession of a crystal ball perhaps?

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just watched NiP 2005 vs NiP 2013 on 1.6, that shit brought back some memories. It amazes me how good the 2005 team still are, you can tell HeatoN and ahl still play a fair bit.

mhayze

So I just tried playing using the competitive matching system for the first time this weekend - pretty cool, overall. Some abandoned matches by others, etc., but I hope this means that it's going to be easier to find servers where people are actually trying to play a game of CS with objectives, which is still a lot of fun.

Today I got booted with a 30min cooldown - I played a game where I accidentally killed one person in round 1 (we were both almost dead, and my team mate got in the line of fire during a plant defense situation), and a very similar situation defending a defuse later in the same match, and I got booted. Now there's no excuse for a TK, even accidental, but this was actually 2 situations of doing minimal damage (first round I think I did like 10, 2nd round I couldn't see because I was insta-booted), but I would say no more than 1 bullet from an AK. I hope these things are ameliorated over time, because I don't think I've had 1 tk in the last 20 sessions I played. I understand overall this is going to cut down on griefing big time, but I hope reputation and long term stats apply.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I just tried playing using the competitive matching system for the first time this weekend - pretty cool, overall. Some abandoned matches by others, etc., but I hope this means that it's going to be easier to find servers where people are actually trying to play a game of CS with objectives, which is still a lot of fun.

Today I got booted with a 30min cooldown - I played a game where I accidentally killed one person in round 1 (we were both almost dead, and my team mate got in the line of fire during a plant defense situation), and a very similar situation defending a defuse later in the same match, and I got booted. Now there's no excuse for a TK, even accidental, but this was actually 2 situations of doing minimal damage (first round I think I did like 10, 2nd round I couldn't see because I was insta-booted), but I would say no more than 1 bullet from an AK. I hope these things are ameliorated over time, because I don't think I've had 1 tk in the last 20 sessions I played. I understand overall this is going to cut down on griefing big time, but I hope reputation and long term stats apply.

TK shouldn't be an issue once you've got better situational awareness. In nearly 200 matches I've only had a single TK cooldown, and that was because it was an AWP headshot (early on, if you did like 500 damage or so over a match, you'd get a cooldown...I believe they've fixed that).

Wait... you've been having a go at me for expressinvg the issues with this game (especially in competitive) and you've not touched it/barely played competitive in the first place?.

I would buy the new maps but I've had real issues connecting to servers.

Wait... you've been having a go at me for expressinvg the issues with this game (especially in competitive) and you've not touched it/barely played competitive in the first place?.

I would buy the new maps but I've had real issues connecting to servers.
Your critisicm has for the last few pages been sarcastic remarks I'm not against people speaking out I have done it myself but when someone just complains with every posts for page after page it simply gets aggravating to read.

You're the one that suggested it was double the cost for 128 tick servers when that really isn't the case.

Is that a reasonable criticism?

I'm sure it has been answered before, are the maps from the first map bundle available to play in other game modes? Will they be a part of the official rotation at (be it in casual)?

Notice one is in the second bundle now, does that means its been curated and removed from the others?

You're the one that suggested it was double the cost for 128 tick servers when that really isn't the case.

Is that a reasonable criticism?

I'm sure it has been answered before, are the maps from the first map bundle available to play in other game modes? Will they be a part of the official rotation at (be it in casual)?

Notice one is in the second bundle now, does that means its been curated and removed from the others?
Nope. Not available other than in community servers. No talk about any being made official but hopefully the populars ones can stay.

Man, Siege takes a while to understand. Played the original yeeeaaaaarrsss back but really couldn't say whether it is the same map or just somewhat inspired by it... Doesn't ring any bell at my end at least... Anyway, had a few nice matches on it, like playing on some new maps!

Uiki

Are there some smoke tutorials for the new cache?

I played it once in competitive and on T side was fucking hard to gain control of a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom