• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

Hixx

Sucks seeing flusha on a tier 3 team but that's what happens when you'd rather play with your mates than win I guess.

frbrr

afaik, the reason flusha left fnatic was that he didn't want to igl

with gtr changing his playstyle it would be nice to see armstrong in nip

Hixx

This pile on for Smithzz is getting really boring. Try-hard Thorin has always been a chore to listen to but others trying to ride his coat-tails now... Criticism is what you want from analysts and commentators - straight-up mocking is just sad.

baby

This pile on for Smithzz is getting really boring. Try-hard Thorin has always been a chore to listen to but others trying to ride his coat-tails now... Criticism is what you want from analysts and commentators - straight-up mocking is just sad.

i think thorins knowledge of the game beyond stats being severely limited by being like, a nova is what drives this behavior. he has no clue how to actual analyze whats happened so he just picks a player whos been doing statistically bad and starts railing on them so he has something entertaining to say.

and unfortunately hes so popular and has this "asshole genius" personality that hes built up that others feel the need to emulate him to help their analysis career imo

JDB

Banned
Thorin has great knowledge in terms of CS history and why certain match-ups are interesting. In terms of actual CS tactics and strats I don't think he's very useful.

JDB

Banned
febe5756e151c5175e0c0b8f0557554a.png

😂 😂 😂

TUSR

Banned
Arggg played this fucking game again last night. Got ranked in Nova3 (nubz). Is it just me or people playing competitive mode are even more stupid than they used to be. Russians and portugueses (no offense) have completely taken multiplayer, they could at least speak English.

Anyway, highlight of the night this rather mediocre retake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsPt93Exwa4&feature=youtu.be

do the spanish have something against the portugese?

frbrr

yeah, james and ddk are my favorites as well, but I think they may have a style that is way too narrow for most people, and it's not really suited for major finals etc, where a bunch of hype is needed for the casuals.

JDB

Banned
Honestly, there aren't many casters that I dislike listening to. Most of the ones in big tournaments are at least good play-by-play casters.

I've been playing csgo for a few months now and have kept it strictly causal. I feel I know the maps and call outs enough to try competitive but I'm still leery. Should I let everyone know I'm a noob at competive or am I just walking straight into being kicked by round 6? I watch tons of streams and 5v5 looks like so much fun but I'm really hesitant about jumping in. Anyone got any suggestions?

cHinzo

I've been playing csgo for a few months now and have kept it strictly causal. I feel I know the maps and call outs enough to try competitive but I'm still leery. Should I let everyone know I'm a noob at competive or am I just walking straight into being kicked by round 6? I watch tons of streams and 5v5 looks like so much fun but I'm really hesitant about jumping in. Anyone got any suggestions?

Chance to get kicked every game if u end up in a 4-man premade team. :d Might as well just jump in now. No need to tell them u are a noob, everyone is a noob. :"D

cebri.one

i really dont understand people who can run the game at native adequately that dont.

I can understand people that have played like that all their life want to keep to it. But new players who want to be pros and think that by turning sensitivity to 1, turning graphics down and playing with that aspect ratio, are somehow become global elite in 50 games is just hilarious.

Well looks like tonight will be the night. Thanks for the response.

US or EU? Add me to steam if u want.

Ludono

Yeah, Smithzz isn't even that bad, but with the amount of shittalking he gets you'd like he's literally HUNDEN

Just walk straight into it. I'm also assuming you haven't done the 10 competitive wins thingy yet?
Anyway, you will only be allowed to win 2 matches per 24h til you hit 10. During this time, the game will try to gauge your skill level and put you in certain ranks.
After this, it might still take a few games to actually get settled in a rank you're comfortable with. But then you should definitely not be the absolute worst or whatever in the server.

Also, don't get discouraged by terrible teammates. Queuing solo will make you run into people that care so much about their ranks and wins that they actually might think that it will help them get a loan at the bank or pick up a girl.

You will run into to toxic cunts. You will run into people that don't communicate. You will run into people that keep changing positions. You will run into smurfs. You will run into cheaters. You will run into derankers. You will run into boosted players. You will run into people that whine whenever they get killed. You will run into people that will blame every death on the tickrate. You will run into that will blame every death on luck, etc...you get the gist. Fucking hell, who do people still solo-queue.

Just friend the cool and fun guys and start queuing up with them. It'll make the MM experience much, much more fun.

Best of luck to you, sir.

Just walk straight into it. I'm also assuming you haven't done the 10 competitive wins thingy yet?
Anyway, you will only be allowed to win 2 matches per 24h til you hit 10. During this time, the game will try to gauge your skill level and put you in certain ranks.
After this, it might still take a few games to actually get settled in a rank you're comfortable with. But then you should definitely not be the absolute worst or whatever in the server.

Also, don't get discouraged by terrible teammates. Queuing solo will make you run into people that care so much about their ranks and wins that they actually might think that it will help them get a loan at the bank or pick up a girl.

You will run into to toxic cunts. You will run into people that don't communicate. You will run into people that keep changing positions. You will run into smurfs. You will run into cheaters. You will run into derankers. You will run into boosted players. You will run into people that whine whenever they get killed. You will run into people that will blame every death on the tickrate. You will run into that will blame every death on luck, etc...you get the gist. Fucking hell, who do people still solo-queue.

Just friend the cool and fun guys and start queuing up with them. It'll make the MM experience much, much more fun.

Best of luck to you, sir.

Thanks. I ran 1 match the other night and we got smoked. I actually led the team in frags and was MVP for the 1 round we won on T-side (doesn't say much about the team tbh). Only one other person seemed to own a mic or communicate and he kept talking about how triggered he was. Kind of funny really.

I didn't realize that Valve holds you to playing the whole match. I thought this was a great feature.

US or EU? Add me to steam if u want.
US, steam name is UF_C.

Xizk

Any Euros have any non-prime alts they want to rank up with me and Vinka? We are ranking me up so I can play prime.

Top Bottom