• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive |OT4| Overwatch is filled with cheaters

So...

Vue is showing the Eleague Final on 3rd Dec in the UK.

https://www.myvue.com/film/eleague-cs-go-2016-season-2-finals

This was on the synopsis for anyone interested:

"On the night, you will receive an exclusive swag bag, a chance to win one of 20 Cloud Stinger headsets courtesy of ELEAGUE sponsors HYPER X and one of 5 gaming box subscriptions."

Is it worth creating a Viewing Party Thread?

They did this for ESL Cologne 2015 and a friend of mine went. Turned out only one other person turned up and so it was him and some randoms dude watching the final 😂

TGMIII

This is really interesting, in case anyone can be bothered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UAHa6R1ep0

Behind the scenes on how the production at IEM worked.

That's the tour they give to VIPs and booth owners.

I got to see it at ESL Cologne and spoke with the lead producer for a bit. A guy on our tour kept asking how much everything cost which you could see was getting old to them very quick. At one point he asked how much the production truck cost and someone snapped back "If you have to ask, you can't afford it".

They take you out behind the stage during a live game and you get to look out from just behind the side of the stage and they show you where commentary sits, the casting desk and everything else. It's obvious a lot goes into the events but seeing it in person really puts things into perspective.

Ludono

xposting from the PC thread!

My early Christmas gift to myself is a pimped out PC :D (Financed by selling most of my CS:GO skins)

Here are the parts so far, it's nearly done (some parts are still in shipping, won't arrive until December)

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For €241.48)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (Already Owned)
Motherboard: Asus Z170 PRO GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (Purchased For €112.04)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (Purchased For €98.96)
GPU: KFA2 GeForce GTX 1070 EXOC SNIPER PCI-E Gaming-Grafikkarte, 8GB GDDR5, schwarz (Purchased For €436.99)
Case: Corsair SPEC-ALPHA ATX Mid Tower Case (Purchased For €46.53)
Power Supply: Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply (Already Owned)
Storage: TO BE DETERMINED

cebri.one

cs-go-mit-russen.gif

This pretty much sums up what my few last few matches on competitive have been.

24hr competitive cooldown really sucks. I guess I understand the reason behind Valve putting it in but there has to be a better way to control for Smurfs. I'm at 5 wins and its going to take me at least another week if not more to finally get to 10. Why not a 5 hour cool down? Or a 12? Having to wait a whole day to even get in another competitive match, while the entire goal is to get to 10...is just self-defeating.

cHinzo

24hr competitive cooldown really sucks. I guess I understand the reason behind Valve putting it in but there has to be a better way to control for Smurfs. I'm at 5 wins and its going to take me at least another week if not more to finally get to 10. Why not a 5 hour cool down? Or a 12? Having to wait a whole day to even get in another competitive match, while the entire goal is to get to 10...is just self-defeating.

At least u only need go through this process once. :d Imagine getting banned at least twice, needing to go through a week each time to get a rank and then rank up 20 levels and maybe get a new phone number just to play with the legit people.

baby

straight up debated uninstalling the game when i read the patch notes

valve has done almost everything that ive seen suggested and thought "thats retarded i hope they never do that"

this is like twitch plays pokemon but reddit develops a game instead

rugioh

Banned
The group lobbies are actually a solid idea, but everyone is too busy memeing and bitching about the gloves to start getting this shit going. As someone who has a very erratic gaming schedule being able to drop into a 5queue at any time would be really useful. Lately in my MM prime queues the population has been so sparse I've been getting MGE's and shit in a LEM queue.

I launched CS:GO first time in a while an in game I noticed that my beloved Hotline Miami music kit wasn't playing. I cannot select it in the loadout either. What gives?

Top Bottom