• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Dragon |OT| This Orta be good

Alx

I hadn't realized that your partner dragon was in fact a profile from other users. Friends seem to be cheaper to recruit, even. :)
Is there some shared benefit of using someone else's dragon as wingman ? Do they get part of the loot/XP, like in Forza ?

So I assume there is a demo for this game like every other XBLA game, right? Did the patch fix any of the major issues a lot of people had with this game?

So I assume there is a demo for this game like every other XBLA game, right? Did the patch fix any of the major issues a lot of people had with this game?

Sadly, no. Devs hated being forced to make demos for XBLA so MS dropped that requirement. I'd really like to try this game first.

Alx

I agree, it's the game that got the most playtime on my console. It may be a bit confusing and frustrating at first, while your dragon is weak and the attacks filling the screen are confusing, but once you start to know what you're doing, it's really good.
I don't think the infamous microtransactions are an issue either. Or not any more, I think a day one patch has added balance. But with the money/items you get from missions, daily rewards and (I suppose) wingman collaboration, getting all the dragons seems perfectly doable without spending real money.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The more I play, the more I can see the genius and annoyance of everything that's going on in the game's design. Later stages really start to feel more solid to me, both as if they're designed a bit better, and as if they expect you to put more work into what's going on, with more active dodging, more active beacon-grabbing, and those tighter, more nuanced bullet-dance athletics.

This game's "General movement" feels so much different than the traditional "React from everything, as you're the center of the screen" design that most games like this have. Its more like you have to be constantly aware of your movement, as the game itself is spinning the camera around and asking a lot more of your responsibility. Plus needing to aim separate from movement with each stick, which the game design actually depends on.

I finally faced "The Bloated Anomaly", and I have to say, I do wish it had the classic PD style "Enemy is locked at center, and you have free movement" feel to it. It's still BASICALLY that, but your ability to shift your view is much greater, so you have to push yourself towards facing him more. It is finally nice to get to accelerate / decelerate manually though, and I loved the scale of the battle.

For me, I finally got the default dragon maxed and up to rank 2, while I have another that I could rank 2, if I had the drops. The Day 1 dragon and a wind one have some levels, and I really got into a bit of score grind to level up the windy. So I purchased a good wingman, and blitzed a few old stages. This actually really made me appreciate the game's personal design; It's like Monster Hunter or an RPG light, but I don't find it anyway near as aggravating. It's actually kinda pleasant, more like a background motivation, rather than a demanded hiccup in your normal play.

The elements and attacks actually really remind me of Phantom Dust. And when I went from "Puny 3 lock, you barely help VS swarms..." to 8-lockon blast that have stronger sound, bigger graphical flare, and start making those waves feel like fodder rather than focus, I really grew to appreciate the strength I had acquired, ha ha.

This game would benefit from a straight "Arcade Mode" where you could straight progress through "Stage 1, 2, 3, etc" style stage design, and take on each thing, with a straight full power Bloodskin. This should be an option in all games that now offer grind and growth, that didn't in the past.

Good look, SAB CA. I can't wait to dig into it later, but I have to say that, in my brief time with it so far, the heavy dragon you control in the beginning hurts first impressions a bit. I found myself half-dodging with my head via Kinect and switching to bumpers in more heated moments. Looking forward to playing more.

Bloodskin gets decent movement speed in a few levels, and I feel fairly at home with him once he starts being able to move. By that point, I also appreciate the big, dumb "Dodge? Why, I have max HP!" style tanks one gets later on. And being able to Ampule up a dragon to give them the stats you feel they're missing, does seem to help. I had 19 or so "Agi & Def Up!" ones just SITTING there after a while, and they quite helped with some of the lack of dodge I was experiencing...

EDIT: Alright, I think it's been decided. I'm going to have to get this system for this game I think. Music is god-like. I think I may pick up the system when D4 drops. D4 and Crimson Dragon were the two main games I was interested in from this system. They're probably not going anywhere, right? For some reason I thought D4 was a launch game because otherwise I'd start hunting for one right now, lol!

Probably not going anywhere, but there's probably a time where sales won't really matter much for the game anymore, and it's fate will be decided, ha. There's about 7k on the leaderboards currently. Which really... isn't horrible, especially for a brand new release on a brand new system...

D4 is said to be a Feb. release. I believe they said it's to be episodic? So I really wonder how it'll turn out...

Played for about twenty minutes earlier.

Seems about what I expected. Should have fun with it.

How have your opinions grown through extended play? Or have you been unable to get back to it? This game actually seems like it builds up kinda slow, but it does start to pay off more and more, as one gets deeper in.

SAB CA gave a pretty good summary of the game. My apologies if my impressions sound like a bit of a rehash. I agree with most of their points, but so far I dislike the new structure of the game.

Its interesting, but I think I actually like the structure by itself, as it seems much more aware of what's going on in modern games, than many such "classic revivals" such as these usually do. Though, like mentioned above, I do think a additional mode / unlockable option to play with classic PD forced leveling and linear progression, would be great.

The game also allows you to purchase revive crystals. They allow you to revive yourself if you lose all your health rather than failing the mission and losing the items you found during the mission. This could have been really sketchy, but the game gives you enough credits where you don't feel obligated to pay money.

I've started to get to the point where I actually get soundly beat if I make dumb decisions (such as brining a low level dragon to a later mission.), and even ocassionally by just being surprised (getting too lazy at dodging, fighting more enemies at once than expected.) Revive gems still seem pretty generous, and I've never BOUGHT one, so not too bad. It really all seems optional, and well made in the way that it encourages you to make the best of all your options, to beat trouble spots. Rather than just making one feel like they have no hope at all, unless they give into excessive grinding / micro-transactions.

Visually it looks fine but the fact that it runs at 30 fps is really disappointing and it can't even maintain that in some scenes. I would have been much more forgiving to the game if it ran at 60 fps, especially given it's pedigree as an Xbox 360 title. The fluidity that was in Orta is sorely missed here.

This really doesn't bother me too much, it feels as responsive as what it's demanding. I definitely feel more like it's a matter of design and stats, rather than feeling like the controls / fps responses isn't optimized enough to keep up with me.

VS the Giant Eel-K, it's pointed out to you that the boss sparkles before he attacks. This is a fine visual que, but I had times where I was shifted so far to the bottom of the screen in the chaotic movement, that I never saw the bullets approaching, until I was hit. This doesn't FEEL intuitive to me, because generally, you're the center of the world, and one gets a change to see everything around them evenly, but that doesn't happen in this game; it forces you to MAKE yourself reach that center, all while controlling aiming at the same time.

Still, I see the potential. I'm hoping that as the dragons level up and the amount of skills to choose from increase that the game will feel better. It's not what I was hoping for, but I think it could grow on me. Once the dragons become more powerful and responsive going for the challenges tied to each level could be more fun and less frustrating.

Definitely seems possible. A mix of stronger, easier to direct dragons + just getting better at what the game has on offer, seems to really help. Being able to take out something that you couldn't kill at all in 1 min, 30 seconds, suddenly being pushed to 21 or 47 seconds, really makes one appreciate what good planning can achieve. Beacon-grabbing seems kinda "WTH, why was that THERE?" on a first run, but if you go back with +Agility, and an understanding of the pattern they want you to fall into, it becomes a nice, low stress time to just listen to the music, and enjoy the scenery...

Bought this, but dislike the controls. I'd be a lot more into it if they patched in aim/move dragon onto the same stick, but that seems highly unlikely.

Still happy to support because we don't see many games with this type of art style or flying rail shooters anymore, but I don't think I'll play it much.

I think with the introduction of twin stick shooters and FPS becoming so significant, that aiming and movement together has fallen off. I think the game would need it's enemy waves and camera work entirely redone if it worked like older games, but I's actually love to see how it would feel like that. Much like the difference between 4 way and 8 way controls in a side scrolling shooter, of taking away the ability to aim up, to force a person to jump to platforms, I feel like the more limited method actually leads to tighter, more deliberate design. But it also can lead to a more scripted, less exciting feel...

Oh, and it's actually perfectly fine not to play this much; going through a run or 2 here and there works pretty well with it's stage structure. Just log in once each day, so you get your Daily Login Bonus! ;) Stockpiling on gems and credits this way will make it much easier to just jump in, and play the way you wish when you get that itch.

I hadn't realized that your partner dragon was in fact a profile from other users. Friends seem to be cheaper to recruit, even. :)
Is there some shared benefit of using someone else's dragon as wingman ? Do they get part of the loot/XP, like in Forza ?

You definitely get credits, but I don't think you get any exp or item drops. But I only have a single friend making use of my dragon on occasion, so you could get more if you have more people using your dragon.

I am absolutely loving this. No complaints. Controls are perfect by me. I just cant see why you would have the dragon and reticle move simultaneously. Easy to dive into. I kept playing until player lvl 7 on my first game.

I felt best about this game when I just kinda dived in, and started leveling and trying to perfect my runs a bit more. It's pretty enough that I WANT to do this, and I also start to find stages that just leave me smiling after running them, because they actually each feel pretty unique.

Getting to a stage that drops a full list of items not only from normal progress, but also from killing all the waves perfectly... while giving 7k+ EXP, or the moments where you totally ace a beacon-collecting section perfectly on the first try...... feels good!

LTWheels

Been really enjoying this. I feel like the fact that reviewers have had to review so many launch games in a short period of time has helped in it getting a poor score. This is a score based game based upon replaying the same levels over and over. Can see that being a pain when reviewing launch games.

I've enjoyed unlocking new dragons and trying out new skills to see how they perform. My favourite dragon so far has been the 3rd that you unlock. It's the first light dragon. Tons of agility but next to no defence.

I've not found the camera swings to be that bad. Generally if you are still trying to kill the enemy as the camera starts swinging it means that you are too late and that your level is not high enough to attempt to 100% that area.

Yuterald

The more I play, the more I can see the genius and annoyance of everything that's going on in the game's design. Later stages really start to feel more solid to me, both as if they're designed a bit better, and as if they expect you to put more work into what's going on, with more active dodging, more active beacon-grabbing, and those tighter, more nuanced bullet-dance athletics.

This game's "General movement" feels so much different than the traditional "React from everything, as you're the center of the screen" design that most games like this have. Its more like you have to be constantly aware of your movement, as the game itself is spinning the camera around and asking a lot more of your responsibility. Plus needing to aim separate from movement with each stick, which the game design actually depends on.

I finally faced "The Bloated Anomaly", and I have to say, I do wish it had the classic PD style "Enemy is locked at center, and you have free movement" feel to it. It's still BASICALLY that, but your ability to shift your view is much greater, so you have to push yourself towards facing him more. It is finally nice to get to accelerate / decelerate manually though, and I loved the scale of the battle.

For me, I finally got the default dragon maxed and up to rank 2, while I have another that I could rank 2, if I had the drops. The Day 1 dragon and a wind one have some levels, and I really got into a bit of score grind to level up the windy. So I purchased a good wingman, and blitzed a few old stages. This actually really made me appreciate the game's personal design; It's like Monster Hunter or an RPG light, but I don't find it anyway near as aggravating. It's actually kinda pleasant, more like a background motivation, rather than a demanded hiccup in your normal play.

The elements and attacks actually really remind me of Phantom Dust. And when I went from "Puny 3 lock, you barely help VS swarms..." to 8-lockon blast that have stronger sound, bigger graphical flare, and start making those waves feel like fodder rather than focus, I really grew to appreciate the strength I had acquired, ha ha.

This game would benefit from a straight "Arcade Mode" where you could straight progress through "Stage 1, 2, 3, etc" style stage design, and take on each thing, with a straight full power Bloodskin. This should be an option in all games that now offer grind and growth, that didn't in the past.

Bloodskin gets decent movement speed in a few levels, and I feel fairly at home with him once he starts being able to move. By that point, I also appreciate the big, dumb "Dodge? Why, I have max HP!" style tanks one gets later on. And being able to Ampule up a dragon to give them the stats you feel they're missing, does seem to help. I had 19 or so "Agi & Def Up!" ones just SITTING there after a while, and they quite helped with some of the lack of dodge I was experiencing...

Probably not going anywhere, but there's probably a time where sales won't really matter much for the game anymore, and it's fate will be decided, ha. There's about 7k on the leaderboards currently. Which really... isn't horrible, especially for a brand new release on a brand new system...

D4 is said to be a Feb. release. I believe they said it's to be episodic? So I really wonder how it'll turn out...

[/I]

Aw man, these impressions aren't helping, lol! I was THIS close to ordering an XBONE from Microsoft's eBay store today, but they went so fast before my indecisiveness could figure itself out, lol! I don't think there's any way for me to avoid Microsoft's boxes (no matter how hard I try). I still own my original XBOX stuff for games like Otogi, Orta, Gun Valkyrie, etc. and I'll need to reinvest in a 360 at some point because it looks like Bayonetta's not going anywhere, among a few other exclusives I loved for that system (Dead Rising 1, Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey, etc.) Oh well, just gotta suck it up and get one!

KAOS

Despite the weak graphics, shoddy control and horrible reviews. I've been enjoying Crimson Dragon (Grinder Dragoon... btw enjoying Ryse as well)! I would've loved the controls from Orta but at this point I would just appreciate a patch that lets the barrel roll work in conjunction with the navigating direction. Instead of left or right buttons.

The Raiden like Silvertail Dragon is my favorite of the bunch!

Early level
http://sdrv.ms/IzcfPX

Boss Fight
http://sdrv.ms/IzcnPp

Yuterald

Despite the weak graphics, shoddy control and horrible reviews. I've been enjoying Crimson Dragon (Grinder Dragoon... btw enjoying Ryse as well)! I would've loved the controls from Orta but at this point I would just appreciate a patch that lets the barrel roll work in conjunction with the navigating direction. Instead of left or right buttons.

Early level

Boss Fight

Man, this is the kind of Japanese launch game/support I was looking for. Love everything that has to do with Panzer Dragoon and this game looks really cool the more I see it. God, THAT music too. I really wish I would have pre-ordered a system when I had the chance, hah! I picked up a PS4 instead with Knack and while I enjoyed my time with the game, it's missing that special something that makes me get excited about playing games. I know to keep my expectations in check when I play this (I understand that it doesn't hold a candle to the original Panzer titles let alone Orta), but it looks like it would scratch that certain itch that's hard to describe. Listening to this game's OST and seeing videos, it just makes sense to me, hah! Can't wait to play this eventually.

T.O.P

Banned

Early level

Boss Fight

Wich dragon is that?

Is your first skill the basic you get with it or it's a drop?

i need that badly lol

JoeFenix

Got a chance to try this game out today and I absolutely hated it. As a Panzer Dragoon fan this is a gigantic disappointment.

I guess if you already had an Xbox One and were REALLY curious it might be worth picking up but this feels like such a sloppy effort, from the graphical issues and lack of style to the average music to the questionable controls.... so many problems....

I would have bought an Xbox One if this was anywhere near as good as Zwei or Orta but this isn't even worthy of being compared to those games. A real shame, even the basic dragon movement is horrible!

-PXG-

Controls are wonky and take getting used to. The only thing really jarring is the camera. It moves and rotates too much. I get it. They wanted to make it feel more natural, being surrounded by enemies and not just moving in a straight line. Still, it's all over the place.

I am pleasantly surprised how much depth there is.

Alx

Can always just get Bloodred Dragon on the Vita. It's $1.99 or something.

It's awful, but hey...

He can also buy Crimson Dragon : Side Story on Windows Phone for a few bucks... it's quite good and keeps some of the feeling of the full game.
(I'm slightly disapppointed that there's no shared features between both games actually, like a money bonus or an unlocked dragon for those who own the phone game)

Timu

Took some 1080p shots:
ibuMxv1xlYXsMm.png

iu5fEgBt31oMa.png

iSKQknKy5x2qE.png

i2wkP93Oya9R4.png

KAOS

T.O.P.
That's a Silvertail Dragon in it's final evolution form; the Silvertail Radiance. It's primary attack is lighting vision with a pretty big targeting reticle. It has the second highest agility behind the Snow Wing Dragon.

For an arcade release I think the game isn't that bad. It does a decent job of paying tribute to the Panzer series, It's deep and has plenty of replay ability. The music is above average and the controls get wonky on certain boss/levels where the camera tracking gets all out of whack. It's not perfect but it's the only thing available for those needing a Panzer fix!

Yes Boss!

SAB,

To answer your question, no, I've not gotten back to it. I been meaning to try it again but my One has been sitting idle (and putting out heat, mind you) for the last week. I've been playing Mario. I'll try to hit it up tomorrow.

eastx

Does anyone know what the kickback reward is? Today I received one following my daily reward upon starting the game.

Alx

I think it's because of people using your dragon as a wingman, you get a share of the earned money. :)

Man, this game is garbage...I wanted to like it so bad. I was hyped when I played it at E3. But sitting down with it and really digging in reveals how flawed a game it truly is.

The controls are junk. The dragons and story are uninspired. The gameplay, even for an "on-rails" shooter feel REALLY on-rails. I barely feel like I am affecting anything aside from rolling around the screen once and awhile. I'd say it has more in common with Tomcat Alley than it does Panzer Dragoon.

The music's nice. The graphics are okay, not offensive. But not impressive either.

The story is complete garbage. I had to shut the spoken dialogue off because it was downright horrible.

I just read some of the reviews in the OP and I have to agree 100% with what Edge said.

As a launch title, for something to gnaw on, it's serviceable. But I couldn't reccomend it to anyone, not even the curious Panzer Dragoon fan.

The story, not that I imagine anyone was ever coming to the game for it, really jumps the shark at the end. They constantly hit you over the head that there is some kind of twist coming down the pipe but what they end up revealing is on the same level as Indigo Prophecy's "Purple Clan".

Yuterald

Holy shit, is there a mission/segment that's called Beneath the Earth's Crust? That's some launch-core stuff right there! Naming missions/areas along those lines is big-deal-city for me. Like, I would have bought the system IMMEDIATELY if I knew that was the case. I think this game is the coolest looking/sounding launch game across both next gen consoles. So jealous of those who are playing this right now!

Hestrine is probably my fav track too, just from browsing a little bit of the OST.

On level 3 I guess. Paths branch after 2.

I am loving it so far. Hope the game finds some success. Would love to see more old Sega games come back with or without their original properties.

The control while stiff is more like PD than Rez or CoE. Based off memory. Have not went back to play any of those.

I like being able to use different dragon's. I hope upgrading isn't too much of a grind.

Will probably be the next game I play. Beat Ryse and Ghosts so far since launch.

Draikin 2

The story, not that I imagine anyone was ever coming to the game for it, really jumps the shark at the end. They constantly hit you over the head that there is some kind of twist coming down the pipe but what they end up revealing is on the same level as Indigo Prophecy's "Purple Clan".
Actually, the storyline was the thing I was really looking forward to, more so than the gameplay. I'd expect Panzer Dragoon Saga fans to have equally high expectations. For someone to compare it to Indigo Prophecy's story, which I thought was downright laughable, is more than a bit worrying.

Also, apparently it's not possible to save the game in offline mode, which goes very much against what Microsoft promised us.

eastx

Hey Timu, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed some of your screenshots for my Crimson Dragon review. Microsoft never shows the UI in their shots, which means they usually do a poor job of representing what a game really looks like.

If anyone is interested in how Crimson Dragon compares to the Windows Phone game, I probably compared the two titles more than other professional reviews.

WPCentral Crimson Dragon review

Actually, the storyline was the thing I was really looking forward to, more so than the gameplay. I'd expect Panzer Dragoon Saga fans to have equally high expectations. For someone to compare it to Indigo Prophecy's story, which I thought was downright laughable, is more than a bit worrying.

Saga was the only story-heavy game in the series, and it's unfair to expect a downloadable rail shooter from the same people to reach anywhere near the same quality of storytelling. That said, I agree that they dropped the ball as far as making an interesting story or universe for Crimson Dragon. Thankfully the gameplay and creature designs mostly hold up IMO.

Victrix

*beard*
30 fps/leveling/microtransactions are not things I wanted associated in any way shape or form with panzer anything

Much sadness :<

ajim

Game isn't nearly as bad as some make it out to be. I'm really enjoying it thus far despite its flaws.

well worth the price imo.

eastx

30 fps/leveling/microtransactions are not things I wanted associated in any way shape or form with panzer anything

I guess you never played the Sega Saturn, PC, or Playstation 2 games then? It's not like the series has a history of 60 fps frame rates. Orta is the only one to hit that number. The Panzer Dragoon games have always stood out more for their artistry than technical prowess.

The microtransaction complaint doesn't hold up too well either. Everything can be bought with in-game currency, so the IAPs don't hurt the gameplay at all.

JoeFenix

Not even 30fps most of the time...

Even the menus have texture pop-in, this game just feels like crap to me.

Much sadness indeed :*(

T.O.P

Banned
Yay unlocked the third dragon (yup KAOS, it's an awesome dragon)

Got him to level 9, i'll evolve him tonight

Game is freakin addicting atm

ONI5

Neo Member
Can't wait till they link this with Crimson Dragon : Side Story, so I can increase my credits on the go.

sinseers

Sadly, no. Devs hated being forced to make demos for XBLA so MS dropped that requirement. I'd really like to try this game first.

That alone pretty much guarantees less potential XBLA sales across the board. This is going to come back to haunt them devs in the long run..........

Mdk7

I've played it yesterday, game is nowhere near as bad as reviews said it is.
It's not a masterpiece either, but it's definitely enjoyable.
I'll post some more impressions later, and write my review soon (unfortunately only in Italian). :p

Listonosh

Glad to see fellow GAFfers impressions on this game. Really didn't want to listen to reviews that much, but at the same time hesitated to buy it yet.

My main question is, does being familiar with Panzer Dragoon games make this game more enjoyable? I've never played any of the old PD games so this would be a fresh start for me.

I remember when i was number 4 in the world in this game but i got massively lazy I am probably lower now but im pretty sure i can get back up there in the scoreboard

amazingly addicting game

Microtransactions are useless you make so much money and get so much crystals - i don't even understand why it's in the game - basically everything is for free if you play the game good enough.

Glad to see fellow GAFfers impressions on this game. Really didn't want to listen to reviews that much, but at the same time hesitated to buy it yet.

My main question is, does being familiar with Panzer Dragoon games make this game more enjoyable? I've never played any of the old PD games so this would be a fresh start for me.

Well I will try to answer that the best I can. I am not a huge PD fan, played them but don't remember much aside from shooting, dragons, and cool shit. My buddy came over who is a huge PD fan and he absolutely loved it and understood what they were refrencing, etc in the game and he has to get the game day one when he get's his console.

So yeah, can work either way it seems. As for the the negative reviews, not sure why... it's a arcade rail like shooter, extremely pretty at times, and fun. Nothing outstanding, but for 20 bucks... not bad either.

Listonosh

Well I will try to answer that the best I can. I am not a huge PD fan, played them but don't remember much aside from shooting, dragons, and cool shit. My buddy came over who is a huge PD fan and he absolutely loved it and understood what they were refrencing, etc in the game and he has to get the game day one when he get's his console.

So yeah, can work either way it seems. As for the the negative reviews, not sure why... it's a arcade rail like shooter, extremely pretty at times, and fun. Nothing outstanding, but for 20 bucks... not bad either.

Nice thanks! I think I may just get it later today. I bought LocoCycle despite the mediocre/bad reviews and I actually really like it.

Yuterald

Ugh, can't stop listening to Hestrine. Favorite part is from 1:57 to 3:20. So much passion. Haven't heard music like this in the longest time. Going to need this music to quell my appetite until I get the system. WTF with people saying the music sucks...what gives?

Timu

Hey Timu, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed some of your screenshots for my Crimson Dragon review. Microsoft never shows the UI in their shots, which means they usually do a poor job of representing what a game really looks like.
I don't mind that at all.=O

Mdk7

I'm really digging my time with the game, but i'm having troubles finding some rare materials to make my dragons evolve at second evolutionary stage.
In that, the game is pretty unclear and implicit on where to farm the resources (i need the golden seed to evolve the dragon that almost looks like a parrot, pardon me but i forgot the breed name).

Yuterald

Yo, so I bit the bullet this evening and bought an Xbone from Amazon (lol!). This will be my first game and because my curiosity has gotten the better of me, can someone confirm whether or not the track Hestrine is in the Xbone game or just that Side Story phone version of the game? I didn't realize that the upload on YouTube says "Side Story" which I thought was like a mode or something in the full game. The music sounds way too good/cool for a phone/pad game, lol! So that I'm not utterly disappointed when I play through this game, does anyone know the deal on the OST between both games? Like, can all music found in Side Story also be heard in the Xbone game?

Yo, so I bit the bullet this evening and bought an Xbone from Amazon (lol!). This will be my first game and because my curiosity has gotten the better of me, can someone confirm whether or not the track Hestrine is in the Xbone game or just that Side Story phone version of the game? I didn't realize that the upload on YouTube says "Side Story" which I thought was like a mode or something in the full game. The music sounds way too good/cool for a phone/pad game, lol! So that I'm not utterly disappointed when I play through this game, does anyone know the deal on the OST between both games? Like, can all music found in Side Story also be heard in the Xbone game?

It's kind of the same, the soundtrack for console game is the same music but composed differently. It seems like they added vocals to the soundtrack that weren't there in the phone game among other things.

http://www.pyramind.com/studios/201...n-scores-xbox-one-launch-title-crimson-dragon

Here's a link to the XB1 soundtrack, I believe Lost Colony used to be Hestrine.

Top Bottom