• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimson Dragon |OT| This Orta be good

Yuterald

It's kind of the same, the soundtrack for console game is the same music but composed differently. It seems like they added vocals to the soundtrack that weren't there in the phone game among other things.

http://www.pyramind.com/studios/201...n-scores-xbox-one-launch-title-crimson-dragon

Here's a link to the XB1 soundtrack, I believe Lost Colony used to be Hestrine.

Holy shit! That's even better then. Listening to Lost Colony right now. So hyped, system should arrive on Thursday! Thanks!

Alx

The game is getting much easier when you have friends with powerful dragons that you can recruit. :)
I have a question bothering me though, many of the dragons you can use as a wingman have an attack bonus on their competences (like "Plasma Cannon +3" instead of regular Plasma Cannon), and I have no such modifier on my dragons. Is there a way to upgrade your abilities that I missed (my first dragon is already magma), or is it just because you can't see your own modifiers ?

Sordid

I'm not very good at this really but I'm absolutely loving it, I'm kinda stuck though. I've passed every level that I can (some multiple times) and have gotten at least an A on each of them
on casual!
but the last two Forest levels won't unlock. It says I need to collect more stuff from fallen enemies.

I've replayed 4 or 5 levels since and haven't gotten the items, is it pot luck or am I doing something wrong?

I'm not very good at this really but I'm absolutely loving it, I'm kinda stuck though. I've passed every level that I can (some multiple times) and have gotten at least an A on each of them
on casual!
but the last two Forest levels won't unlock. It says I need to collect more stuff from fallen enemies.

I've replayed 4 or 5 levels since and haven't gotten the items, is it pot luck or am I doing something wrong?

If you look at the screen that appears when you have your cursor over the locked mission there should be three images of creatures with a black circle on the bottom right corner. If there is no image of a pill like thing in the circle you need to go to a mission with that enemy and defeat a wave (destroy the entire group that appears, none can escape) of them. You should get the antibody for that creature once the last one dies.

Mdk7

The game is getting much easier when you have friends with powerful dragons that you can recruit. :)
I have a question bothering me though, many of the dragons you can use as a wingman have an attack bonus on their competences (like "Plasma Cannon +3" instead of regular Plasma Cannon), and I have no such modifier on my dragons. Is there a way to upgrade your abilities that I missed (my first dragon is already magma), or is it just because you can't see your own modifiers ?

I have the same question, no idea whatsoever. :/

BTW, do you know where to find the Golden Ger Anoth seed?

Sordid

If you look at the screen that appears when you have your cursor over the locked mission there should be three images of creatures with a black circle on the bottom right corner. If there is no image of a pill like thing in the circle you need to go to a mission with that enemy and defeat a wave (destroy the entire group that appears, none can escape) of them. You should get the antibody for that creature once the last one dies.

Ah, that makes sense. I must've gotten the other ones by sheer luck, every time I finished a level another one unlocked and I figured they were unlocking in order until these 2 stayed locked. Thanks!

Alx

I have the same question, no idea whatsoever. :/

BTW, do you know where to find the Golden Ger Anoth seed?

Not really, I collected a bunch of simple seeds during levels, but I never really noticed which level/monster/condition will give them as a reward. I also bought a few item packs from the shop, which luckily gave me one seed I was missing to upgrade one of my dragons past level 10.

Yuterald

Just got my system today...let's do this.

New Gamertag is AtolmDragon98 (lol). Starting fresh on the bone, looking to add some Wingman buddies.

KAOS

Some of those golden evolution seeds can be found on the recruit duty level in coral lake east and the first forest level.

btrboyev

Just got my system today...let's do this.

New Gamertag is AtolmDragon98 (lol). Starting fresh on the bone, looking to add some Wingman buddies.

Prepare to be awfully disappointed. Panzer Dragoon this is not. However I'll PM you my gamertag if you wanna play sometime.

Yuterald

Prepare to be awfully disappointed. Panzer Dragoon this is not. However I'll PM you my gamertag if you wanna play sometime.

Hah, I went into this with pretty low expectations. I did enough research to know what I was getting into. Played a few missions already and I'm digging it. Nothing will top the old games, but I can definitely see myself thoroughly enjoying this for what it is. This is the kind of game I was looking for at launch between the PS4 and Xbone.

Oh, do I need Xbox Live to add friends? I haven't owned a 360 in years and I haven't been on Live in a long time either. I don't remember how this shit works, hah!

Yuterald

So, I've spent a few days on this game and I'm really enjoying it. It's way more RPG-lite than I expected. A lot of emphasis on grinding short, minute-long missions for items, exp and such. Game is a lot more fun when going for S-ranks and Medals, as I expected. The game's definitely got that "Sonic and the Secret Rings" thing going on though, where the controls/gameplay becomes better/more enjoyable the more you invest/play (in this case, leveling up/evolving dragons).

I don't know, this game's just clicking with me. The OST really helps (although I've read something somewhat questionable about this game's soundtrack regarding Microsoft and the Side Story cellphone game, unsure of the sources or if it's even true).

Got a question about the game, actually.

What's up with the elemental attributes? Am I right in thinking there are three types or what? I see Fire, Wind, and is it Ice or Light? Maybe I've seen a Dark element too, lol, I don't know! What do the up & down green/red arrows mean too on the enemy types for each mission? Does red indicate the dragon you're bringing into the mission will be weak to that enemy type? And does the green arrow indicate have an advantage (doing more damage) to that specific enemy type? Menus and interface are a little confusion, hah!

Alx

I think there is a tutorial about the element rules in the community thingy (the one you access with Y at the beginning).
The three elements are indeed rock-scissor-paper based, between wind, fire and light (don't remember the details, but fire beats wind). There is also a "chaos" element that is resistant to all, IIRC.
The arrows you see on mission details is about your main and secondary attacks, green arrow = increased damage, red arrow = reduced damage.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yuterald -

If you didn't figure it out by now, nope, don't need Live Gold to ADD friends, do need it to "play online games with them. Since CD just offers using their setups as wingmen, you shouldn't need god for now. Will need it when the co-op stuff comes out, though!

As far as elements, note that the Up and down Arrows represent a 25% damage Bonus or Decrease. The Dark Element is neutral, in that it just does base damage.

Taking wingmen with you, that work towards the elements, helps tons at times. For the fact they can kill the enemies soundly, and also so you'll be able to use a proper-element partner attack. Conversely, you can also use a partner dragon to make killing more reasonable, if you want to take a non-recommended element dragon into a mission, for rare grinding + leveling.

---

I really like the strategic layer of the game. It's a nice way to widen the range of people who can S-Rank clear a mission, without feeling overly cheap or simple. What some will be able to do alone and with a neutral element, others will be able to do with partner attacks, proper elements, and smart Ampule usage.

I've been tempted to get this but the little I did play of it at the XBOne launch party didn't impress me and the controls were tough as hell.. Does the control get better or is it just flawed?

Yuterald

Yuterald -

If you didn't figure it out by now, nope, don't need Live Gold to ADD friends, do need it to "play online games with them. Since CD just offers using their setups as wingmen, you shouldn't need god for now. Will need it when the co-op stuff comes out, though!

As far as elements, note that the Up and down Arrows represent a 25% damage Bonus or Decrease. The Dark Element is neutral, in that it just does base damage.

Taking wingmen with you, that work towards the elements, helps tons at times. For the fact they can kill the enemies soundly, and also so you'll be able to use a proper-element partner attack. Conversely, you can also use a partner dragon to make killing more reasonable, if you want to take a non-recommended element dragon into a mission, for rare grinding + leveling.

---

I really like the strategic layer of the game. It's a nice way to widen the range of people who can S-Rank clear a mission, without feeling overly cheap or simple. What some will be able to do alone and with a neutral element, others will be able to do with partner attacks, proper elements, and smart Ampule usage.

Yeah, I just realized you don't need Gold to add friends on Live. Wasn't sure since I haven't been on a Microsoft box in probably 3 or 4 years now. Thanks for the information. I'm starting to have a better understanding of how everything works now. I've got another question:

Why is it that I can enter some missions without having the required anti-bodies? Actually, the whole anti-body thing is confusing as hell. When there's a red pill over an enemy on the mission screen, does that mean that enemy has an anti-body that I still need? Also, are they randomly dropped from that said particular wave/enemy unit? I've noticed that "loot" can only be acquired if you wipe out an entire "wave" (or whatever you want to call it) of enemies. Could use a better explanation of how this shit works since the in-game help tab doesn't detail it too well.

I've been tempted to get this but the little I did play of it at the XBOne launch party didn't impress me and the controls were tough as hell.. Does the control get better or is it just flawed?

I don't know how I would describe this game or its controls. I really don't feel comfortable saying whether or not it's flawed since I've only spent so little time with it. I will say it seems like as you acquire/evolve dragons, the controls and mechanics open up a bit and generally "feel" better. This is definitely a different kind of rail shooter though. It's absolutely a hybrid of sorts. It's way more RPG-ish than shoot-em-up. Not a traditional arcade shooter in any sense. You'll be playing a lot of the same 2-3 minute stages in order to level up your dragons. The missions are very objective oriented too, meaning, the stages are designed to direct the player in a particular way. I would almost describe the game as waves or rounds of trials.

I will definitely echo the sentiment that there should have been a standard arcade mode. I think if the stages were more cohesive and a bit longer with traditional bosses at the end it would have resonated with more people. I guess from PD fan's perspective, at least they didn't call this game Panzer Dragoon. I look at it as an experimental spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon. I don't know, this game's working for me, hah! I'm a weird customer though. I can be sold on music and vibes alone. This game reminds me of something that would have come out alongside Phantom Dust and Otogi back during the original Xbox days and I like it for that. It's kind of hard to describe, but this game feels warm and comforting to me. I'm sure that doesn't sound too hot for most people, but it's clicking with me so I'm cool with it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

A bit of both. I don't know what you mean about "tough", it controls easy, but it's mechanics are demanding in the fact that they want you to use EVERYTHING to help you. It's not just "move, shoot, win!". It's a game with leveling, equip-able boost, and a command-able partner, so it's designed around their use.

Look at my previous post in this thread, I go in depth over control impressions, more than I'll type up again, lol.

Yeah, I just realized you don't need Gold to add friends on Live. Wasn't sure since I haven't been on a Microsoft box in probably 3 or 4 years now. Thanks for the information. I'm starting to have a better understanding of how everything works now. I've got another question:

Why is it that I can enter some missions without having the required anti-bodies? Actually, the whole anti-body thing is confusing as hell. When there's a red pill over an enemy on the mission screen, does that mean that enemy has an anti-body that I still need? Also, are they randomly dropped from that said particular wave/enemy unit? I've noticed that "loot" can only be acquired if you wipe out an entire "wave" (or whatever you want to call it) of enemies. Could use a better explanation of how this shit works since the in-game help tab doesn't detail it too well.

From what I know, you can't enter without the anti-bodies, if they're required. Maybe you saw a stage that presented "Available antibodies", and were able to enter that?

The game generally requires you have certain antibodies in order to enter a stage
explained in-story as the need to digest elements of enemies in order to be able to fight them
, and to get them, you just need to kill the enemy types pictured a few times in previous stages, in order to get the antibodies. Basically, you're beating on subspecies, in order to understand and take down the super-species.

Collecting antibodies is similar to collecting rare drops in an RPG or MonHun; just kill the enemy "waves" enough, and you'll get them. They're not exceedingly rare; the biggest reason for NOT having them is because you've not killed their entire waves enough.

I don't know how I would describe this game or its controls. I really don't feel comfortable saying whether or not it's flawed since I've only spent so little time with it. I will say it seems like as you acquire/evolve dragons, the controls and mechanics open up a bit and generally "feel" better. This is definitely a different kind of rail shooter though. It's absolutely a hybrid of sorts. It's way more RPG-ish than shoot-em-up. Not a traditional arcade shooter in any sense. You'll be playing a lot of the same 2-3 minute stages in order to level up your dragons. The missions are very objective oriented too, meaning, the stages are designed to direct the player in a particular way. I would almost describe the game as waves or rounds of trials.

Oddly enough, I kinda feel that this game just forces one to do what almost all traditional shooters eventually boil down to; A deep breakdown of stage elements, turning from "speed" and "reaction" into memorization, methodical movement, and well-laid pre-planning.

Kinda feels like a take on what Radiant Silvergun attempted.

I will definitely echo the sentiment that there should have been a standard arcade mode. I think if the stages were more cohesive and a bit longer with traditional bosses at the end it would have resonated with more people. I guess from PD fan's perspective, at least they didn't call this game Panzer Dragoon. I look at it as an experimental spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon. I don't know, this game's working for me, hah! I'm a weird customer though. I can be sold on music and vibes alone. This game reminds me of something that would have come out alongside Phantom Dust and Otogi back during the original Xbox days and I like it for that. It's kind of hard to describe, but this game feels warm and comforting to me. I'm sure that doesn't sound too hot for most people, but it's clicking with me so I'm cool with it.

In an odd enough way, I feel like this is "a game made for classic gamers". It's totally focused on gameplay, solid feedback, and evolving as one plays, both through EXP, and just growing game knowledge and ability. It just happens to have this nice layer of modern conventions that tries to ease a wider degree into what we all know so well.

It's the games greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness. The development didn't focus exclusively on one thing or the other, making it feel a bit unrefined in some aspects.

It kinda makes me sad, because I think a lot of the imperfections are the kind of difference that arise between a $15 ~ $20 game of this type, and a $50+ version. The content and ideas all seem to be there, but they're just not as refined as when you'd see something like this as a headlining retail release for a console :/ This really makes me want to see sequels, though... I really like the foundation they have here, even if it's not PD, as it can grow in it's own ways.

Yuterald

Oddly enough, I kinda feel that this game just forces one to do what almost all traditional shooters eventually boil down to; A deep breakdown of stage elements, turning from "speed" and "reaction" into memorization, methodical movement, and well-laid pre-planning.

Kinda feels like a take on what Radiant Silvergun attempted.

In an odd enough way, I feel like this is "a game made for classic gamers". It's totally focused on gameplay, solid feedback, and evolving as one plays, both through EXP, and just growing game knowledge and ability. It just happens to have this nice layer of modern conventions that tries to ease a wider degree into what we all know so well.

It's the games greatest strength, and it's greatest weakness. The development didn't focus exclusively on one thing or the other, making it feel a bit unrefined in some aspects.

It kinda makes me sad, because I think a lot of the imperfections are the kind of difference that arise between a $15 ~ $20 game of this type, and a $50+ version. The content and ideas all seem to be there, but they're just not as refined as when you'd see something like this as a headlining retail release for a console :/ This really makes me want to see sequels, though... I really like the foundation they have here, even if it's not PD, as it can grow in it's own ways.

Thanks for the info! You know, I gotta agree actually with how you're looking at this game too. I actually really like the Wingman stuff. I think it's cool how you can command your Wingman to the front and back. Now, if only they allowed for a left/right approach, this could have been a really cool evolution to the multiple angle enemy approach that the series was known for. I also like how you can pull from your friend's list too. It's got that progressive post Demon's/Dark Souls "cooperative/online multiplayer features without feeling like a multiplayer" game thing going on. As you said, there's a lot of cool ideas here and a great framework for future games (or even a proper Panzer title). More importantly for me, I just feel the passion with this game. I now own both the PS4 and Xbox One and Crimson Dragon's the only game that I can feel passionate and excited about right now.

So, back to game-related talk. I've just read something that's A LITTLE questionable about this game (and system, I suppose). I'm a completionist (at heart) and although I don't have the time that I used to have to fully complete games I still like to try and get the most out of my games. I just read that you can permanently miss dragon entries in the Database? Apparently, if you don't change attribute for each evolution stage of each dragon, you'll miss out on an entry. What's REALLY fucking weird to me about this system is the fact that your saved data cannot be deleted? Like, where is this shit stored, lol!? I can't even start over and format my system if I wanted to get a complete database, hah! So weird. Kind of hoping they patch/update the game (or system...?) and maybe include items/food that allow you to devolve a dragon, I don't know...Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, but I figured I'd bring it up because I just find it strange that my saved data is like completely hidden to me.

EDIT: So, I discovered a small workaround to the outer space save data. I created a new profile and was able to launch the game from scratch. Since I haven't played too much yet, I may just start over because that database shit's driving me nuts, hah! Man, I had no idea how strict the save/profile management was going to be on this system. Crazy stuff.

eastx

I really think they'll update the game to allow players to unlock missed evolutions somehow. It's obviously just an oversight as nobody would ever design their game that way on purpose. The game is due for an update later this month for multiplayer; maybe they'll squeeze in a few fixes then.

I only have 2 games for my Xbone (Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct) and am kind of hungry for more exclusives. I was excited for this particular game but he microtransactions put me off big time. Then the review scores were pretty low on top of it and, unlike Knack where plenty of players disagree with it's lower review scores, CD has not had that luxury.

Timu

I only have 2 games for my Xbone (Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct) and am kind of hungry for more exclusives. I was excited for this particular game but he microtransactions put me off big time. Then the review scores were pretty low on top of it and, unlike Knack where plenty of players disagree with it's lower review scores, CD has not had that luxury.
Get this game for yourself and see if you like it, at 20 bucks it's not so bad.

Alx

The microtransactions shouldn't be an issue, with the final version you can get enough money and items to keep playing without needing them. I'm well into the game, have upgraded one dragon to the highest level and another one at 2/3rds, bought all the other ones, without ever spending anything in microtransactions.
I think the only thing that could be an issue are some rare seeds that are required to upgrade your dragon at the last level, which may need a lot of grinding/luck, buy you can certainly appreciate the game without spending more than the entry price.

Yuterald

The microtransaction stuff is no different than what you've seen already on PS3/XBOX 360. It's basically the same as the the item/resources bundles you can buy/download for games like Tales of Graces f/Xillia/Vesperia. As far as I know, everything that can be bought with real money can be earned/unlocked in the regular game by just simply playing it (grinding, in this case).

As far as the impressions go, has anything that's been said/detailed in this thread done anything for you? Not that it means anything, but I bought a PS4 as well with/for Knack and I think I prefer CD from the little that I have played (despite the two games being TOTALLY different). This game just does more for me on an emotional/personal level. It's the only launch game between both consoles that I feel relatively passionate about. I'd say read some of the detailed impressions in this thread, watch some videos, sample the OST and if anything resonates with you then just check it out. I guess it's a shame there's no demo (although, I see a demo backfiring with this game as it becomes more fun the deeper you play).

I'm playing this more than anything else on the new gen of consoles. I really like the Kinect implementation, and the controls improve with better dragons and ampules.
What can be done with the artwork, which is unlocked with the limited time achievements?
Gamertag: DOBOSH

Yuterald

Made a new profile again. Add UnexpectedEnemy if you're looking for some Wingman buddies. Can never be happy with making up GamerTags/Account names, hah! I used to have a primary 360 account but I it's been 4/5+ years since I've used that one so I figured I'd start fresh again.

EDIT: Also, I just realized when you shoot at an enemy this will glow red/green depending on the attribute of your shot! Nice visual feedback to let you know you're using the wrong stuff!

Caayn

Love it. Finally completed it couple days ago. And I must say that experimenting with dragons is pretty fun. Used the free DarkShoulder Chaos a lot in the beginning due to his high attack power, but once I leveled my Silvertail Radiance to its max I ain't going back. It only has half the power of Darkshoulder Chaos, but its attack are fired much more quickly and the gaint boost in agility is very welcome in the later levels. (Especially when going for the "no damage" medals)

Silvertail Radiance + max level + Flash Ray = godlike

Anyway, just checked the dragon database and I've got a lot of empty spots. Are those for future DLC packages? Or am I missing something? I've got every dragon and the few evolution I still need aren't going to fill up all those empty spots.

Love it. Finally completed it couple days ago. And I must say that experimenting with dragons is pretty fun. Used the free DarkShoulder Chaos a lot in the beginning due to his high attack power, but once I leveled my Silvertail Radiance to its max I ain't going back. It only has half the power of Darkshoulder Chaos, but its attack are fired much more quickly and the gaint boost in agility is very welcome in the later levels. (Especially when going for the "no damage" medals)

Silvertail Radiance + max level + Flash Ray = godlike

Anyway, just checked the dragon database and I've got a lot of empty spots. Are those for future DLC packages? Or am I missing something? I've got every dragon and the few evolution I still need aren't going to fill up all those empty spots.

I believe that if you change a dragon's elemental attribute it gets another slot in the database. Not sure if that applies to each dragon's evolution or not, I can't see how you could go back and get ones that you missed if that was the case.

Timu

Best dragon for me to use for attacking so far:
ibbtezENcBGjwi.png

Yuterald

Going for S-ranks and Medals is a lot of fun. I actually think these Timed Challenges/Achievements are cool too. Just got the one for getting 80% Hit Rate on 15 East Lake Missions tonight and killed two birds with one stone while getting all S-ranks and Medals there. Good stuff.

Caayn

Going for S-ranks and Medals is a lot of fun. I actually think these Timed Challenges/Achievements are cool too. Just got the one for getting 80% Hit Rate on 15 East Lake Missions tonight and killed two birds with one stone while getting all S-ranks and Medals there. Good stuff.
Haven't been keeping busy with the timed challanges but the achievements are really nice. Not to easy and not to hard to obtain them all. I had fun going for the overachiever achievement.

markom58

Neo Member
My first attempt at CD I struggled with the controls a lot and subsequently the game fell off my radar. Tried again today and now I think I got a better handle with the controls and the game is starting to be fun. Looking for experienced wingmen :)

Gamertag: markom58

http://sdrv.ms/JikDmz

Yuterald

Haven't been keeping busy with the timed challanges but the achievements are really nice. Not to easy and not to hard to obtain them all. I had fun going for the overachiever achievement.

Yeah, I'm still working on Overachiever. Only other Achievement I'm missing is the one for getting Player Level 40. Trying to S-rank every level and max out the available dragons as I work towards that level too. So much fun.

Neifirst

I think I'm entirely done with reviews. This was one of the games that originally attracted me to the Xbox One, but I put off picking it up once it started getting torn a new one.

What a fantastic game! Just enough callbacks to Panzer Dragoon and addictive RPG hooks to keep me playing. The kinect implementation is pretty cool too, especially the "assault!" bonus.

Please add me if you want another wingman to choose from: WhiteStocking78

Caayn

Yeah, I'm still working on Overachiever. Only other Achievement I'm missing is the one for getting Player Level 40. Trying to S-rank every level and max out the available dragons as I work towards that level too. So much fun.
Good luck :) And good choice to safe the Level 40 for last. You'll need about 40k for each lvl in the upper 30s.
By the time I posted this you probably already have it...
I think I'm entirely done with reviews. This was one of the games that originally attracted me to the Xbox One, but I put off picking it up once it started getting torn a new one.

What a fantastic game! Just enough callbacks to Panzer Dragoon and addictive RPG hooks to keep me playing. The kinect implementation is pretty cool too, especially the "assault!" bonus.

Please add me if you want another wingman to choose from: WhiteStocking78
Yeah it's strange that games such as Crimson Dragon and Max TCoB get reviewed way lower than lets say a CoD Ghost.

In the midst of doing this myself, those beacon missions are a pain. The tutorial mission was the worst so far for if you missed one restarting the mission has you having to sit through 5 minutes of lead up again to get to that point.

Well my first impressions of this game were terrible, but I tried it again today. I love it now. I think the game's cheap presentation really hurt it for me initially.

KAOS

I think this game recently got an update. Any word on future DLC? Loving the the live achievements for art work(wish more could be done with them)!

Yuterald

Good luck :) And good choice to safe the Level 40 for last. You'll need about 40k for each lvl in the upper 30s.
By the time I posted this you probably already have it...
Yeah it's strange that games such as Crimson Dragon and Max TCoB get reviewed way lower than lets say a CoD Ghost.

Hah, I haven't gotten Overachiever yet. Just got a few new Xbox One games for XMAS so I'll be a bit busy across the board.

Alx

Well my first impressions of this game were terrible, but I tried it again today. I love it now. I think the game's cheap presentation really hurt it for me initially.

About the presentation, I'm sad that we didn't get the same menu as the one that was shown for the 360 version, the one that takes place in a desert valley and you can see a character sitting in a chair. It was much more original than that "control room" or whatever it is.

*edit : this one
201255112016_8.jpg

Timu

About the presentation, I'm sad that we didn't get the same menu as the one that was shown for the 360 version, the one that takes place in a desert valley and you can see a character sitting in a chair. It was much more original than that "control room" or whatever it is.

201255112016_8.jpg
Whoa that looks cool actually.=O

So I had a few moments where I wasn't disappointed with this game and was really enjoying it, but being a Panzer Dragoon fan, the disappointment won over in the end. The game looked beautiful at times and the musical score was absolutely stellar, but I just couldn't get over the lackluster presentation and uneven art direction (human designs looked terrible!). I also believe the game would have been better off stringing together the levels all into one rather than letting you choose each mission. The RPG stuff was fun, but most of the experience felt disjointed. Now I think we'll never get another Panzer Dragoon style game unless it's Kickstarted. I'm pretty sad right now...

Caayn

201255112016_8.jpg
Wow, never saw that. I like that way more than the dull and boring command center we got now. It also fits the very first menu you get more

Yuterald

Just mopped up all 1000/1000 Achievements. The no damage medal on the final boss was super frustrating until I maxed out that neutral/void element dragon (which took forever). I also S-ranked every stage along the way. I still have three dragons to max out though in order for my database to be (temporarily) complete. Had so much fun this. Definitely going to be a late entry into my top 10 games of 2013. I think I'll hold off on maxing out the other dragons until they add more to the game. I'll probably try and get some of those challenges done over the next few weeks too (Christ at 100 bosses though...). More updates/content, please!

Caayn

Haha congrats on the 1000GS! The final boss was super easy, just pick a dragon with a high agility and you can easily evade every attack he can throw at you.

More content would really be nice.

Yuterald

Haha congrats on the 1000GS! The final boss was super easy, just pick a dragon with a high agility and you can easily evade every attack he can throw at you.

More content would really be nice.

I was using some max wind attribute dragon the other night begrudgingly before I switched to that void guy. Some (or all?)of those streaming/laser skills that you can learn at max level destroys bullets which helped a lot with those no damage medals. At max level you can completely decimate bosses/enemies, if you are using the right attribute. There's a few things I'd like to see added to this game. It would have been cool if there was an arcade mode that didn't have any RPG elements, more like a traditional Panzer Dragoon title. Like, completely redone levels so that they flow better with new/different enemy types, etc. (or maybe just make a Crimson Dragon 2 that feels more in line with the other titles). I'd also like them to patch/make available the Side Story OST somehow, but I doubt that's ever going to happen, hah!

Top Bottom