• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crusader Kings 2 MP Community Thread of Count, Duke, King, Emperor and MGO

fanboi

Banned
Guys, I have some bad news. I just reviewed my schedule for the coming weeks turns out that I have quite a few obligations on tuesdays and thursdays. This means that I'm unfortunately unable to play with you guys regularly on those days and so in turn I'm afraid I have to withdraw.

That said: fanboi, if there's talk of a new game, don't hesitate to sent me a message about it on Steam. I still would like to play a multiplayer CK2 game, but for now I just don't see it working on a regular basis for me on the proposed days,

Ok, sad to hear!

Will be intouch for next game, will most likley be a EU4 game which you are free to join as well!

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I have started a few different games of ck2 the last few days, and my demesne limit keep changing for all games i start. Why is that?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Partially scales with your Stewardship.

phoenixyz

I have started a few different games of ck2 the last few days, and my demesne limit keep changing for all games i start. Why is that?

Besides stewardship (state stewardship, so your council and wife also factor in) it depends on your rank (count, duke, king, emperor) and the level of legalism in your capital.

fanboi

Banned
Guys, I will try hosting tomorrow.

Hopefully it will go well.

Do anyone know what happens if I cant host and we need to change? I am thinking of the DLC I have and the new host, do they need to be the same?

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
In response to your other question, I think we should be okay with switching hosts as long as the new one has all the relevant expansions: in this case, Sword of Islam, The Old Gods, etc. In the absence of the cosmetic DLC, faces will revert to their "vanilla" look and the music just won't play. I think otherwise it should be compatible. But I don't have direct experience with that situation and I'm just basing this on single player, where turning off all but the most necessary DLC doesn't have an effect on the save file. By the way, assuming we ever play to the 1300s (which I doubt will get that far), I would suggest turning off the sunset invasion if you have it.

phoenixyz

In response to your other question, I think we should be okay with switching hosts as long as the new one has all the relevant expansions: in this case, Sword of Islam, The Old Gods, etc. In the absence of the cosmetic DLC, faces will revert to their "vanilla" look and the music just won't play. I think otherwise it should be compatible. But I don't have direct experience with that situation and I'm just basing this on single player, where turning off all but the most necessary DLC doesn't have an effect on the save file. By the way, assuming we ever play to the 1300s (which I doubt will get that far), I would suggest turning off the sunset invasion if you have it.

Afaik the non-gameplay-DLC (music, faces, troop skins) are individual for every player.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I'm still thinking about the dynasty O'skiller. The first ruler would be named Morfe. the heir would be M.G.

fanboi

Banned
How do I do that? And can I change the name of it later?

You change it before we start the game, there is a icon for it.

ALSO, IF SOMEONE CRASCHES ETC AND LEAVES THE GAME WE NEED TO RESTART THE WHOLE GAME SINCE CK2 USES THE OLD CHECKSUM LOGIC WHICH SUCKS ASS

Morfeo

I'm still thinking about the dynasty O'skiller. The first ruler would be named Morfe. the heir would be M.G.

Not sure I quite understood, but being in the same company as MGO is always pleasing :) Be warned though, that may peace-keeping skills are pretty terrible in this game.

Fitz

I was planning on having a little Rurik practice before tonight, but I ended up playing Shattered World mod all week, so I'm going in blind!

Haly

Can I swear fealty to the Empire of Mgo On Which the Sun Never Sets yet.

Morfeo

I was planning on having a little Rurik practice before tonight, but I ended up playing Shattered World mod all week, so I'm going in blind!

I was planning to learn the game, but ended up playing Dark Souls going in completely blind - and what an experience that was!

Morfeo

So I started as the leader of the Oghuz tribe, a west-turkic confederacy that still practiced the paganistic tengrism at the start of the game.

The tribe dominated the khazak steppe just north of the old perso-zoroastrian centeres of Samarkand and Bukhara, east and south of the stronger confederacies of Cumania and the jewish Khazaria, mostly around the Aral Sea.

I controlled way to much land at the start, so I away four beyliks to various tengri nobles that didnt like me that much, to get their trust, and also recruited some advisors to help me rule the kingdom. I then married the daugther of the High Chief of the Cuman tribe to the north, to secure my northern borders and gain an important ally. (this may sound trivial, but just to get this far took me about half the playtime of today, and fanboi had already won two wars and entered his third by that point)

Unfortunately, this new ally quickly led me into a war with Khazaria, that we lost big time, where my father-in-law had to give up a ton of beyliks to the heathens in the west.

Anyways, an emissary from the south arrived with an interesting book and a strange but alluring faith talking about only one God and his Prophet, and tired of offering fur to the forest bears and whatnot, I decided to let him stay in my land and tell me about this book and his faith. Of course, I couldnt read, but he learned me that, giving me the trait of "Scholar", and I became so impressed by his words that I eventually got completely convinced in the truthness of his message. There is only one Allah, and Muhammed is his prophet was the new slogan that now was to be preached from the newly-erected Minaret in my capital.

Now, my wife and a few nobles converted as well, but most of my advisors, my father-in-law, my vassals, my subjects and even my two year old son decided to keep their fate. Especially that little boy was extremely irritating, he didnt even speak properly, but that stupid steppe-religion was something he had to keep. This all led to a some pretty heavy problems at the court, where I already had problems with way too many zoroastrians, so advised by some new noblemen I invited from the south, I decided to tolerate the heathens from now on, but only favour people of the true faith in the future.

After this, I saw that my southern neighbours the Saffarids which controlled some of our turkic motherlands, had problems with zoroasterian rebels, so I offered them to stand togheter in peace against the heathens, but when they refused, I did the only thing a good muslim with honor would do: move my army south to take what is legally mine! This war went pretty well thanks to their army already being in great trouble, and I could finally reunite our turkic beylerlik.

I then took two more wives in good islamic tradition, had three more sons (and one daughter), all with the true faith (meaning it doesnt look good for my stupid tengrist son who now has a sunni teacher), and went on the Hajj to become a wiser man. After this, I founded the Beylerlik of Turkestan meaning I now have all the prerequisites to found a kingdom of my own.

So all in all I am pretty happy even though I have no clue about what I do, a few questions though:

1. I started with an army of about 3000 which doesnt seem to reinforce, how can I get such an army again?
2. All my temples are now controlled by tengri or zoroastrian people, should I work towards getting them controlled by Sunnis? Does this even matter?
3. Does the duchies also count towards your demesne?
4. What do I use the money to except creating titles?

Mgoblue201

Can I swear fealty to the Empire of Mgo On Which the Sun Never Sets yet.
You can be my court jester.
1. I started with an army of about 3000 which doesnt seem to reinforce, how can I get such an army again?
2. All my temples are now controlled by tengri or zoroastrian people, should I work towards getting them controlled by Sunnis? Does this even matter?
1. Event troops will never replenish. They are only available for certain rulers at the start of the game.
2. You can use your court imam to convert them, or if you have medium crown authority you can revoke their titles for free. Otherwise, I believe they will naturally be replaced by people of your religion over time (I'm not sure on this). Religious unity is always a good thing, because your vassals will have a higher opinion of you.
3. No, but you can only hold two duchy titles at once before you receive an opinion hit with your vassals.
4. I like to save a certain amount of money in reserve for hiring mercenaries. If you have a very large surplus, then you should probably start building improvements in your counties.

Haly

Levies aren't standing armies. They're obtained from provinces using the Raise Levy button in each province screen or Raise Vassal Levies and Raise Personal Levies in the military tab. They cannot reinforce until they go back to their home provinces.

Retinues, on the other hand, work much like EU4 troops and constantly reinforce. You'll find the Retinue tab to the left of the Land Levy tab in the Military screen.

Religious unity is decent but not necessary.

No, only direct land holdings.

Use it to build buildings in your territory. Click a province, and then click a holding to enter the build menu.

You should focus first on your capital, which you're always the Count of and will stay within your dynasty unless lost through war. Note that all benefits from buildings get filtered through the tax system. For example, as the Count of Uppland, you get the full benefits from the capital of Uppland and any buildings you build in it. However, if your vassals own the other holdings of Uppland, then any income and armies those holdings produce trickle to you as a percentage, or tax. Therefore, you should focus on building in the holdings that are directly controlled by you, as shown by the portrait beside it.

Morfeo

Thanks for the answers, makes it easier to know how to progress next time.

One more question though, the ruler of the magyars (Kingsnake?) decided to settle down. I guess all steppe nomads can do this, so can I do it as well? If so, what is the prerequisite, and where can I find the option?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
With so much stupid stuff you own on steam, there is NO WAY you should pass on this (and join us!)

My steam library is the digital equivalent of this

biblioteca-joanina_2705752k.jpg

Haly

Oh my god, I made the biggest mistake.

I landed all my heirs.

FUCK.

Going to have to plot the shit out of them.

Morfeo

Oh my god, I made the biggest mistake.

I landed all my heirs.

FUCK.

Going to have to plot the shit out of them.

This sounds like it will turn into a nice civil war :)

Anyways, my wife always want me to change Qadi - where do I do that?

Mgoblue201

The game was really laggy for me. I accidentally misclicked and spent 400 gold on mercenaries I didn't need.

Fitz

This sounds like it will turn into a nice civil war :)

Anyways, my wife always want me to change Qadi - where do I do that?

If you've got a wife/concubine of another religion, you should be able to swap via a decision in the intrigue menu.

Top Bottom