• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crusader Kings 2 MP Community Thread of Count, Duke, King, Emperor and MGO

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It was a good session, finally I got the claims rolling and got 3 more provinces. I got rid of the damn gavelkind too. Too many sons, though, civil war incoming for my heir.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
Civil war was almost inevitable for me after Halfdan died. His heir was something like a 5/5/4/0/2 disaster with negative prestige, and because of gavelkind succession, I was left with exactly one county with which to fight them. Mercenaries turned the war into a rout, though, and for once the loyalist event fired for me and not for my perfidious vassals.

fanboi

Banned
Was another good session for me empire wise... (not dynasty... female homosexual ruler last of the dynasty and all that).

Hopefully I can create an empire next session.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I started by first forming the duchy of Turkestan and then also forming the Sultanate of Turkestan. Then my very wise Sultan (still bitter about that and not Khagan being my title) died, and I managed to avoid a civil war. Also liberated our turkic brothers in one of the Karluk provinces from the chinese imperialists (the Karluk/Zhetysu khanate used to be vassals of various chinese dynasties at the time), managed to convert most of my nobles and also some of my subjects to the true faith, went on the Hajji, got like 10 kids and also changed my allegiance from the tengrist Cumans-kipchak confederacy to the various perso-islamic dynasties to my south

Mgoblue201

When I had declared a prepared invasion, I didn't expect to find myself at war with half of Europe.
0FBC634B38C464DE3D4F336286AC8C4A6AE13861

fanboi

Banned
Good session tech wise, not flawless though.

For myself I think i saved my dynasty... My lesbian queen has produced two kids before turning 25. She is called the Great for a reason...

Also there seem to be a patch out soon which hopefully fixes some of the crasches.

Mgoblue201

This is an unofficial response from the Paradox community manager regarding the multiplayer issues:

Groogy determined that the remaining MP issues should be related to the memory issues that we've experienced. He is hard at work optimizing this and hopefully we will be able to release a patch for it soon.

The stability and playability of the EU4 multiplayer did improve with each subsequent patch, so I expect the same improvements for CK2. If anyone has played the beta patch, the fixes should already be available.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I did some nice progress as well. First I did my second war against the Karluk-tribe saving them completely from chinese imperialists. Then I went on a crusade against my former ally the Cuman-Kipchak Khaganate to the north (the guys that founded the Mgos Mameluks some 400 years later). While they brought in their pretty powerful western and also turkic but still tengrist neighbours, the Pechenegs, it was an easy fight for my side with one of my allies contributing about 10k troops to the war. In total, I saved 6 provinces from the pagans in these two wars, and greatly expanded the peaceful unity of the Steppes.

I also got like another 10 children, but my second wife seems to be very ambitious, so she is starting to kill off all of my sons with my three other wives. I am not sure what to think about this, on the one hand, its nice to have a few heirs in case stuff goes wrong, on the other hand, I have waaay too many now which will give nasty decadence modifiers later, so for now I just let her have fun.

Fitz

Well, since you can't continue we are discussing if we should move back one hour (start one hour earlier) since we moved the time for you :)

:O I think you've got me confused with someone else. It's my own fault for using different names everywhere.

fanboi

Banned
:O I think you've got me confused with someone else. It's my own fault for using different names everywhere.

Oh sorry!

Wrong person :p

Crabb was the reason why we changed to 22:00 CEST, and he can't continue even after we changed he told me.

Mgoblue201

Progress has been kind of slow, at least by typical Norse standards. I keep getting saddled with really bad characters and that limits what I'm able to do. Part of that is my fault: I had neglected the education of my second son, who became my heir after my first born son was injured in battle and died comatose in bed. If he hadn't become incapable, I would be in a much better position, because he had a genius son. But right now, even with the awful character, I think I'm in a good position to form the kingdom of England. If we hadn't stopped prematurely, I might have done it today.

Mgoblue201

That's the first time we haven't had a single error, glitch, or disconnection for the entire two hour period.

fanboi

Banned
So I did some investigation after some strange happenings... please feel free to help me:

My current heir (in an old save game):
8J8Zabj.jpg

My laws:
0eLe4JE.jpg

My old liege (in an old save):
ZlNhuEt.jpg

My dead daughter (old save):
sP9WMtJ.jpg

What should have happened is that QUeen Krakas male child should have inherited, not the girl.

So, how could this happen? I am quite fucked due to this now...

Also my CoA changed when I created the Fylkiate... no biggie, but that maybe is suppose to happen?

And in my current game I don't have any heir... but I have a living uncle who is of my dynasty.

Fitz

It looks like the first child is a bastard, I'd guess that's the reason.

edit: oh nvm, I see what you mean.

fanboi

Banned
Most likley this has to do with my Malé heir is Slavic...

I am in a way worse position now then during my gay ruler without kids era.

fanboi

Banned
DId some simulation:

100 years in, countries:

L3Hpsr4.jpg
[/IMG]

Same year as above, 100 years in (from our last date), dynasty:

ANStlyz.jpg

Mgoblue201

DId some simulation:

100 years in, countries:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/L3Hpsr4.jpg[IMG][IMG]

Same year as above, 100 years in (from our last date), dynasty:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ANStlyz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The Karlings always turn central Europe into a huge mess. By the way, is the map from our current game based on a slightly older save? It looks like I'm still dealing with a revolt which I already crushed.

Mgoblue201

It looks like Northumberland and Middlesex are still in revolt, but that was already over a year or two before the end of the session.

Mgoblue201

I mean the current map, not the simulation. Middlesex and Northumberland appear to be independent.

Fitz

I won't be on tonight either, got an interview tomorrow so I have to spend today revising some things and try to get to bed early.

Top Bottom