• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

oldmario

long shot but is anyone in the uk pre-ordering this on ps3 from game or direct from ea and would be interested in selling their crysis 1 pre-order bonus code? i know i could use a code from another region on the region specific psn but i'm after one that will be on my main account

I haven't played on console yet. On PC, with a core i7 3770 and a 7970 with everything but shadows turned up to very high, I had to artificially cap my framerate at 40 and externally force vsync to make it playable. Otherwise the framerate just swung around too much. The cap and the vsync kept it at 30fps for the bulk of the game. At the end I actually had to lower my resolution to 720p (from 1080p) to get it back to playable framerates again.

Well you just made me more confident in my decision for a third 670.

Gbraga

After seeing it running on the Xbox 360 I have no more worries about how it'll look at 60fps on my PC, I already really liked what I saw there, even if I can't get very high settings, it'll still look pretty damn good.

Vitor711

After seeing it running on the Xbox 360 I have no more worries about how it'll look at 60fps on my PC, I already really liked what I saw there, even if I can't get very high settings, it'll still look pretty damn good.

I've heard some amazing things about those console versions. Which is surprising considering how much people ripped apart the beta's visuals.

Still, as long as I can have everything on high on my PC at over 30FPS, I'll be happy. That's the one nice thing about having 'consoles holding us back' - stuff just tends to get optimised better.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I've heard some amazing things about those console versions. Which is surprising considering how much people ripped apart the beta's visuals.

Still, as long as I can have everything on high on my PC at over 30FPS, I'll be happy. That's the one nice thing about having 'consoles holding us back' - stuff just tends to get optimised better.

People still don't know the MP is gimped compared to SP. It's said over and over but ignored. The screens we have had for weeks are clear but some of the vids or streams I saw this evening or afternoon made me happy. Even on basic settings people who can play this game should enjoy the eye candy.

Zeth

Preload complete!

Though I don't know much about using VPNs and I don't want to pay any more than I already am to play it half a day early :/

People still don't know the MP is gimped compared to SP. It's said over and over but ignored. The screens we have had for weeks are clear but some of the vids or streams I saw this evening or afternoon made me happy. Even on basic settings people who can play this game should enjoy the eye candy.

Maybe this time there'll be a fallout over it...
They keep outsourcing the mp to that awful crytek UK studio (it's them again, isn't it?).
Crysis 2 mp was amateur central with garbage netcode, being able to play the mp with the pirated version and cheaters all day every day since day 1.

Crysis 3 mp looks like made by some C team, which is what they are.

I'd argue the exact opposite.
-Games not being made for dx11 api from the ground up (you lose a lot of performance here)
-excess performance on pc means you can half ass it and still get 'acceptable' performance on pc since even a low end gaming pc is currently 4-5x more powerful.
Just look at the rare multiplat games that are ACTUALLY well optimised:
DMC runs at 200-300 fps , as does portal 2 ,batman AA (physx garbage aside), dead space 1.
Most ports like sonic &sega, far cry 3 ,just cause 2 , prototype 2 etc either run way worse than they should or have fundamental flaws (stutter, uneven frametimes, frameskipping, laggy mouse input)

Don't confuse assets/textures/effects designed with very very weak hardware in mind with well optimised.

CryptiK

Australia is such a rip off $99 for the Digital deluxe edition :S I hate Origin at least with steam you could get it gifted at a cheaper price. Even GMG is region locking now :(

I want a pm... :(

download the free version of the app, you can find the username and pass on the site under the free trial tab. once you've installed, enter info and then just spam the connect button until you get through. after that just select the Korean server and once you're connected launch Origin and unlock.

make sure to put Origin into offline mode before you unlock. if the app manages to go back online you won't be able to unlock it a second time. have fun!

http://www.flyvpn.com/

(I hope that's clear enough for you, I'm tired as fuck right now and I'm about to crash)

stufte

download the free version of the app, you can find the username and pass on the site under the free trail tab. once you've installed, enter info and then just spam the connect button until you get through. after that just select the Korean server and once you're connected launch Origin and unlock.

make sure to put Origin into offline mode before you unlock. if the app manages to go back online you won't be able to unlock it a second time. have fun!

http://www.flyvpn.com/

(I hope that's clear enough for you, I'm tired as fuck right now and I'm about to crash)

Nope, thats great, thanks!

If I find out that a game like Colonial Marines is bigger then Crysis 3 I am going to laugh my ass off. No matter what people say, a -4/5 hour game from the guys who created Crysis 2 is beyond their own achievements. That will almost make it a PC benchmark test.

sp3000

If I find out that a game like Colonial Marines is bigger then Crysis 3 I am going to laugh my ass off. No matter what people say, a -4/5 hour game from the guys who created Crysis 2 is beyond their own achievements. That will almost make it a PC benchmark test.

It's like they decided they should make an actual tech demo after years of people calling their games tech demos

Moff

Damn, the short length and the high requirements are sure a setback for my anticipation. I only have a GT680, yes, only ONE, damn.

how come people play it alread ony pc? are those press releases or have they found a way to play it before its released in asia?

How's the enemy AI?

I'd rather have a well-paced 5 hour campaign (eg: Modern Warfare 2) than a 5 hour campaign that's nothing but action (eg: Black Ops).

I'm curious too. I could replay Call of Duty 2 and Modern Warfare because they were very well-paced, and fun games. I loved tackling them on higher difficulties.

AI decent, i would say. Nothing special. Not bad, not great. Its ok. Also the bow is fun to use, no more need for sniper rifles or such stuff.

Will nvidia release official drivers for this, I am currently on 3:10.90, should I upgrade to the BETA drivers that were released for the Beta?

sinnergy

Metroid Zero Mission I finished under 4 hours, first time, great game on GBA. Play time doesn't mean shit..

It's about the experience.

antitrop

I doubt it. My 590 was really chugging along in the beta. Had to play it on Medium. Looks really good on that though.
I have a 590 and an overcocked i7 and I was able to get ~45-50fps on all the highest settings, w/ shadows turned down a bit. Not sure what went wrong with you.

Everything on Medium would have given me locked 60, easy. Did you update your Nvidia drivers to the newest version when the Beta came out?

nashb81

Neo Member
I have a 590 and an overcocked i7 and I was able to get ~45-50fps on all the highest settings, w/ shadows turned down a bit. Not sure what went wrong with you.

Everything on Medium would have given me locked 60, easy. Did you update your Nvidia drivers to the newest version when the Beta came out?

Whoa! Everything on High? And yeah, I did update my drivers. But then again, this was when my card was really dusty so that may have caused a problem.

antitrop

At 2880x1660 the FPS unfortunately dropped to the teens.

I was able to run Crysis 2 at that resolution with 50+ fps maxed out. Might have to play Crysis 3 at just 1080p, instead.
In the 3 Beta, at 1080p I was able to almost max it out completely and never drop below 40. I expect after a couple of patches and another Nvidia driver update or two to get similar performance to Crysis 2 without the downsampling.

A GTX 590 is more than enough for this game, your processor must be a bottleneck.

Just finished it in 5h 0min 53sec 26.64% completion on soldier difficulty. Don't like it at all, C2 was good but this is just meh. The game feels like an overedited video.

Top Bottom