• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

liquidfox00

Neo Member
Just finished it in 5h 0min 53sec 26.64% completion on soldier difficulty. Don't like it at all, C2 was good but this is just meh. The game feels like an overedited video.

What does the completion rate mean then. Are they just collectibles or did you skip some side missions or something?

Completed about 30% of the side missions, discovered almost no intel, collectables. Can somebody explain me wtf is with the upgrades slot machine thing, i really don't get how this thing works.

Spazznid

I doubt it. My 590 was really chugging along in the beta. Had to play it on Medium. Looks really good on that though.

My 580 did very well on all max with Fraps. Very well as in about 60fps not recording with fraps, 30-40 while recording and 55 while recording with Mirillis Action!.

DieH@rd

Banned
Completed about 30% of the side missions, discovered almost no intel, collectables. Can somebody explain me wtf is with the upgrades slot machine thing, i really don't get how this thing works.

You can unlock various upgrades, and then save your current selection into few presets [one for action, one for sneaking, etc].

Moff

You probably shouldn't play it. This is the "Die Hard 5" of the Crysis franchise.

woa woa, whats going on here? when did we go from "only 5 hours campaign but big levels" to "die hard 5 of the franchise"?

what exactly does that mean? whats bad about crysis 3?

Sethos

Banned
Can't wait for more people to get their hands on the game. I hate people's pre-launch opinions, always the same doom and gloom bile. Need some nuanced opinions.

nashb81

Neo Member
You probably shouldn't play it. This is the "Die Hard 5" of the Crysis franchise.

Wait, Die Hard 5 is bad?

My 580 did very well on all max with Fraps. Very well as in about 60fps not recording with fraps, 30-40 while recording and 55 while recording with Mirillis Action!.

Hmmm. Judging by what others have said as well, seems like the problem was on my end.

stn

To anyone who has beaten the game, please just answer "yes" or "no" without going into detail:

Are there boss fights in this game? Is there a final boss?

Metal-Geo

So nothing much has changed from the beta driver? I was quite satisfied with the performance. Just hope they fixed the SLI problem this time. It was quite puzzling for me to get SLI working for the MP beta.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I don't know how others feel but I'm having a hard time with the level design. It seems too clustered and busy to spot enemies. I kind of wish the console versions didn't have motion blur or less effective.

I loved the stealth in the other two games but this feels odd. I'm using the bow alot but still seem to get discovered easily. Majority of the time regardless of how stealthy I am the enemies spot me instantly.

Story wise it all seems to rushed and your thrown into the deep end right away. So far I'm kind of dissapointed by what I've played. I still need to complete and check out multiplayer.

Dachande

So what's the final deal with how long this lasts, then? Is that 5 hour total accurate? I really enjoyed 2 and would happily play this, but I'm not going to pay full price for a 5 hour SP campaign I'll never touch again.

scitek

So what's the final deal with how long this lasts, then? Is that 5 hour total accurate? I really enjoyed 2 and would happily play this, but I'm not going to pay full price for a 5 hour SP campaign I'll never touch again.

Well, we have one person above saying it took him 5 hrs to complete the campaign, but he only had a 26% completion rating. Sounds like there are a lot of collectibles and things to get after the fact, if you're into that sorta thing.

kharma45

And this is why I support Nvidia. Up to 65% improvement with SLI is amazing.

Or it just shows how bad the SLI profile originally was. Same for AMD, their latest beta driver sees a Crossfire performance improvement of 40% as well it bringing a 50% improvement when 4x and 8x MSAA are enabled on all set ups.

Ricker

I can't wait for some people who really play a game,you know like doing side missions,exploring,finding collectables,reading text logs and story,not skipping cut scenes to have a better idea of the lenght...I find it hard to believe its 5 hours long,considering that Crysis 2 was close to 20...

Dachande

Well, we have one person above saying it took him 5 hrs to complete the campaign, but he only had a 26% completion rating. Sounds like there are a lot of collectibles and things to get after the fact, if you're into that sorta thing.

I wonder if multiplayer achievements or stats tie into that completion rating.

Also, extra stuff through the game is cool if it's integrated well and relatively meaningful. If I'm literally just finding hidden trinkets underneath tables in tiny side rooms, I have a lot less impetus to go after that kind of stuff than if it were a whole new area to traverse with enemies to fight.

It also depends on how this guy played the game, I suppose. Playing them stealthily and like a bastard is naturally going to make the game last longer than if you charge into every area with maximum armour turned on...

Zeth

They make things works, what an amazing company.

When you consider how many people with SLI said it ran like shit, the upgrade seems less impressive. But yeah, it's always nice to have timely drivers that improve performance for new games.

Hoping the full game runs better than the beta, I was around 40-60 fps on my i7 2700k and 7870 crossfire set up at 1440p. To be honest I don't really like the Crysis games I think the gunplay is awful but oh well lets see what this brings to the table and If I hate it I have a month to save up for Bioshock Infinite.

Here's a 2nd batch of MP footage from the review event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6LrLlpVs1g

Nice video. What's the FoV at in this? It seems wider than the default.

The default FoV was pretty tight. I stretched it slightly vertically and horizontally. Now I realize I probably didn't need to do that.

This is from the Xbox 360 version? What is the framerate like?

If you played the beta, how would you compare the framerate?

I found the framerate more than adequate, though I did wish I was more prepared with a PC that could've handled this. This version on Xbox 360 *looked* like it was consistently at 30fps but never got smoother than that.

I didn't play the beta, so couldn't compare.

4seconds in and someone is camping in a corner of a room ADSing at a doorway.

Ah console gamers, never change.

The review event that this was recorded from only had Xbox 360s (and only two PCs).

iNvid02

i havent touched crysis in ages, what are the essential tweaks you guys recommend going into 3?

i got hud_hide 1 and 0 binded to keys so far

Eideka

Banned
Where is the Crysis 3 performance thread ?

I just installed the new Nvidia driver and I'm impressed by the performance improvements in FC3 and AC3.

The beauty of PC gaming.

iNvid02

Where is the Crysis 3 performance thread ?

I just installed the new Nvidia driver and I'm impressed by the performance improvements in FC3 and AC3.

The beauty of PC gaming.

it just doesnt make sense to day one these games anymore, give it a few months and the price goes down while performance goes up

still, cant help myself. at least nvidia got the driver out in time, 65% boost for this is insane

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Damn, the short length and the high requirements are sure a setback for my anticipation. I only have a GT680, yes, only ONE, damn.

how come people play it alread ony pc? are those press releases or have they found a way to play it before its released in asia?
You're better off with just one card. SLI is a waste unless you're more interested in benchmark numbers than actual visual consistency.

Vitor711

Asia unlock is a go

If the VPN client stops telling me that the trial server is full, I might finally get to do this...

EDIT: And now they've apparently changed the password but haven't update the free trial page.... Well this isn't going well.

EDIT 2: Turns out I was copy and pasting something other than the password, my bad...

You're better off with just one card. SLI is a waste unless you're more interested in benchmark numbers than actual visual consistency.

I don't know man, I used to think this based off of my sub-par experience with SLI 8800GTs, but after building a rig for my buddy with 2 GTX 670s, it seems like SLI has really come a long way.

Top Bottom