• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I don't know man, I used to think this based off of my sub-par experience with SLI 8800GTs, but after building a rig for my buddy with 2 GTX 670s, it seems like SLI has really come a long way.
I agree that it has improved, but it still doesn't produce the same fluidity you get with a single card. Most people seen unable to see it, however.

I agree that it has improved, but it still doesn't produce the same fluidity you get with a single card. Most people seen unable to see it, however.

Well the cases I'm thinking of is where I am unable to achieve 60fps with a 670. Of course if you can achieve 60fps with a single card adding a second is just going to complicate the matter, but for some of the games I tested it was the difference between being a stuttery mess, and a mostly liquid smooth experience.

The fact that the Crysis 3 review embargo does not expire until release day is a bit troubling.

When a game is released and the developer/publisher know it's good, you get reviews a week or 2 weeks prior to launch... more and more the trend for mediocre games is for the embargo to run till the very last second to prevent negative impact to hype.

Thoughts...

OrigiNull

The fact that the Crysis 3 review embargo does not expire until release day is a bit troubling.

When a game is released and the developer/publisher know it's good, you get reviews a week or 2 weeks prior to the game launch... more and more the trend for mediocre games is for the embargo to run till the very last minute.

Thoughts

This is just not true anymore. The vast majority of games have their embargoes for the day of release simple to make sure the hype is peaking the week of release and not several before. Go back and look at the highest reviewed titles of the last 6 months and you'll find almost all of their reviews were up the day they were released.

What is more symptomatic of a poor game is when the publisher doesn't even provide a copy of the game to the review outlet prior to its release.

I'm sure if there are any games journalists following this thread they will agree.

Eideka

Banned
11pm what time zone?

What card/s do you have?

GTX 670 Power Edition, Nvidia get a lot of shit for their practices but their driver support is top notch. Even with the same rig games now run better over time as drivers release, Batman AC runs much better now than it did back in May when I purchased a new GC.

Fantastic. Can't wait for Crysis 3 !

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned

When a game is released and the developer/publisher know it's good, you get reviews a week or 2 weeks prior to launch... more and more the trend for mediocre games is for the embargo to run till the very last second to prevent negative impact to hype.

Thoughts...

The game sucks, nothing more, nothing less.

Zeth

How easy is it to unlock using VPN? A trial will do it? I take it everyone left the thread to play, heh.

Hmmmm. You waiting for email or have you logged in and checked the "keys" section of your account. I ordered mine a month ago but got my key last week sometime. They never sent an email but it was listed on their site once I logged in.

I've been refreshing both feverishly.

I can't wait for some people who really play a game,you know like doing side missions,exploring,finding collectables,reading text logs and story,not skipping cut scenes to have a better idea of the lenght...I find it hard to believe its 5 hours long,considering that Crysis 2 was close to 20...
Neogaf.
Believe.

Just hit rank 20 in MP. Think I'm done for a while.

OrigiNull

Well hopefully they can get them out sometime today so you can preload before tonight. It really sucks if you were planning on using VPN this afternoon :(

OrigiNull

I can't wait for some people who really play a game,you know like doing side missions,exploring,finding collectables,reading text logs and story,not skipping cut scenes to have a better idea of the lenght...I find it hard to believe its 5 hours long,considering that Crysis 2 was close to 20...

Arthur who is reviewing the game for Polygon.com already debunked this on an earlier page on this thread:

I'm a stealth-mode type crysis player. My final game time was 26 minutes in armor mode, 2 hours and 57 minutes in stealth, and 4 hours and 8 minutes in "power," which is the default mode.

Also I killed 213 enemies with bows. So there's that.

So thats? 7 hours 31 minutes assuming deaths and checkpoints not included...

Mononoke

Banned
download the free version of the app, you can find the username and pass on the site under the free trial tab. once you've installed, enter info and then just spam the connect button until you get through. after that just select the Korean server and once you're connected launch Origin and unlock.

make sure to put Origin into offline mode before you unlock. if the app manages to go back online you won't be able to unlock it a second time. have fun!

http://www.flyvpn.com/

(I hope that's clear enough for you, I'm tired as fuck right now and I'm about to crash)

Quick question. Everything you said made sense. However the last bit - once you unlock Crysis 3 - do you have to stay in offline mode (Origin) until it's available in your region? Or once you unlock the game, can you close the VPN app, and go back online.

Z_Y_W_Y

Banned
So you played it?

No, but wheneven the publisher had embargo on the reviews till the very last day the games always sucked, so I don't expect this to change with C3. I've read that the game doesn't even takes those 5h to finish but something like 3.5 without the sub-quests, pretty sure reviews will complain about the game's lenght a lot, hance the embargo. Besides it's Crysis, it doesn't offer anything except graphics, so yeah it sucks in my book.

d00d3n

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already:

Is Crysis 3 playable right now using a korean vpn?

KKRT00

Quick question. Everything you said made sense. However the last bit - once you unlock Crysis 3 - do you have to stay in offline mode (Origin) until it's available in your region? Or once you unlock the game, can you close the VPN app, and go back online.

You stay offline on Origin, but You can turn off VPN app.

OrigiNull

what time (EST) is this out on origin?

12:01 am EST

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already:

Is Crysis 3 playable right now using a korean vpn?

It appears so.

No, but wheneven the publisher had embargo on the reviews till the very last day the games always sucked, so I don't expect this to change with C3. I've read that the game doesn't even takes those 5h to finish but something like 3.5 without the sub-quests, pretty shure reviews will complain about the game's lenght a lot, hance the embargo. Besides it's Crysis, it doesn't offer anything except graphics, so yeah it sucks in my book.

Do some research bra...

Vitor711

Unlocked and playing using a Korean VPN.

Performance is great.

Getting a locked 30FPS with no AA at 1920x1080 using all High, with textures on Very High.

This is running on my laptop - 680m and i7-3630qm with 4GB of RAM.

Looks gorgeous and the faces, MY GOD THE FACES. It's not quite as naturalistic as LA Noire but this game does look better than most other game's CGI movies.

First mission is underwhelming. Too many tight corridors but it really opens up after. Love the new weapons and suit upgrades remind me of the weapon crafting from Dead Space 3 i.e. doing something new and interesting with prior mechanics.

Good impressions so far. Will see if it continues to impress.

(Bear in mind that I loved Crysis 1 AND 2. While I do prefer the first, I thought the second was absolutely the best they could have done when compromising for consoles. Not the perfect sequel but a damned good game).

Also, no-ones mentioned how incredibly fast the game loads. Not even running on an SSD but level loads are less than half of what they were before.

EDIT: Turns out that the rain effects on the first mission murder performance.

Second mission in and I can turn up Objects to Very high and apply 2xSMAA (TX) and it stays at 30FPS constantly. Basically running a mixture of High and Very High and I just spent the last 30 minutes admiring the scenery instead of playing the game. When Crytek says that the next gen consoles won't look better than this game maxed out, I believe them.

Zeth

I'll be able to play MP like normal after local release, right? Just want to double check that I'm not screwing myself before I jump in.

Mononoke

Banned
You stay offline on Origin, but You can turn off VPN app.

Okay, and once it becomes available in my region - I can go back in online mode, and there won't be any issues?

Sorry, kind of a noob at using VPN to access stuff early. Usually I would just wait, but I actually have a really busy week - and Monday is the only day I have off.

DieH@rd

Banned
Unlocked and playing using a Korean VPN.

Performance is great.

Getting a locked 30FPS with no AA at 1920x1080 using all High, with textures on Very High.

This is running on my laptop - 680m and i7-3630qm with 4GB of RAM.

Looks gorgeous and the faces, MY GOD THE FACES. It's not quite as naturalistic as LA Noire but this game does look better than most other game's CGI movies.

First mission is underwhelming. Too many tight corridors but it really opens up after. Love the new weapons and suit upgrades remind me of the weapon crafting from Dead Space 3 i.e. doing something new and interesting with prior mechanics.

Good impressions so far. Will see if it continues to impress.

(Bear in mind that I loved Crysis 1 AND 2. While I do prefer the first, I thought the second was absolutely the best they could have done when compromising for consoles. Not the perfect sequel but a damned good game).

Also, no-ones mentioned how incredibly fast the game loads. Not even running on an SSD but level loads are less than half of what they were before.

Thanks for impressions.

Ghost23

Okay, and once it becomes available in my region - I can go back in online mode, and there won't be any issues?

Sorry, kind of a noob at using VPN to access stuff early. Usually I would just wait, but I actually have a really busy week - and Monday is the only day I have off.

I'm wondering the same thing as well. I just don't want to screw myself when it unlocks here.

Zeth

Uh oh. "Product key has already been used"

It looks unlocked though, and they "Play" button is lit up, but I get an activation screen when it tries to launch.

edit: ok pretty sure I screwed myself lmao. Off VPN and it looks ok though, says it will unlock tonight.

Ghost23

Uh oh. "Product key has already been used"

It looks unlocked though, and they "Play" button is lit up, but I get an activation screen when it tries to launch.

edit: ok pretty sure I screwed myself lmao. Off VPN and it looks ok though, says it will unlock tonight.

I haven't used VPN, but why would you need a product code? I have the game pre-loaded already, so shouldn't I just be good to go?

Zeth

Yeah, me too. But it wouldn't launch, asked for my code which I already used. I think I'll sit these out from now on. It appears that I should be good for my local release later though, we'll see.

d00d3n

I just bought the game. Sadly, I would not recommend other european customers to do this. The game is not available for preloading in Europe. Unless it is possible to cheat the system and download outside of vpn or if you are paying for a premium vpn service, it will be a really slow process to download the game (15 gb or so) in Europe. Unfortunately for me, I stopped paying for vpn after steam introduced their vpn proof system last fall.
It must feel really nice for the people at Crytek to prevent "infringers" like me to play their game. If not now, the fairness of the situation will become obvious in about five hours when non-paying customers start playing their game early without any restrictions. They really showed us paying customers from Europe this time!

Update: Preloading is possible in Sweden after all.

KKRT00

I just bought the game. Sadly, I would not recommend other european customers to do this. The game is not available for preloading in Europe. Unless it is possible to cheat the system and download outside of vpn or if you are paying for a premium vpn service, it will be a really slow process to download the game (15 gb or so) in Europe. Unfortunately for me, I stopped paying for vpn after steam introduced their vpn proof system last fall.
It must feel really nice for the people at Crytek to prevent "infringers" like me to play their game. If not now, the fairness of the situation will become obvious in about five hours when non-paying customers start playing their game early without any restrictions. They really showed us paying customers from Europe this time!

I'm preloading it right now and i'm from Poland.

d00d3n

Yes, without VPN, but i have digital key. Have You bought retail version?

Hunter edition.

Sorry for making a fuss. After a slight delay I now have the opportunity to preload the game. I bought the game at the Swedish origin store btw.

Top Bottom