• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

that it is a five hour game for every play style.
Nobody ever said it was.

The idea that Crysis 2 was 20 hours so this cannot be 5 is laughable though. Like I said earlier, I played C3 in same play style as C2. C2 took me 3 times as long. But if people want to deny that, it's their prerogative. They'll see for themselves on Tuesday...

Ricker

Well if it's really 5 hours or so for the single player,guess it's the 360 version for me and a rental,while I can lol ;)... I have a PC to run this on high probably at 1920x1080 but since I am not interested in the multiplayer,60 bucks is too much.

Zeth

Ok I think I get it now. VPN trick doesn't work if you've already preloaded? Because it's already been activated in a different location. Is that what I'm seeing? Guess I'll find out when it launches.

Sethos

Banned
Ok I think I get it now. VPN trick doesn't work if you've already preloaded? Because it's already been activated in a different location. Is that what I'm seeing? Guess I'll find out when it launches.

No. Close down Origin, open FlyVPN, log in with a trial account and find a Korean server - Let it connect. Then open Origin, game's open and you can shut down FlyVPN. Doesn't matter if you pre-loaded or not.

Zeth

Then I must've botched something else entirely. When I press play, it tries to launch C3 and then asks me for an activation number which I already use to preload and which it does not accept. Sorry for the troubleshooting posts, I think I might have to wait it out.

edit: got it!
$10 later :( used up my trial attempts

Has anyone received their GMG keys? I haven't.

So I just purchased my copy from GMG and the key was right there with the receipt info. I'm pre-loading now. For anyone that doesn't know where GMG stores your keys click on your account name and in the drop down menu select 'Keys'. Also GMG is offering $10 credit or $7 cash back.

KKRT00

God my version has only Polish voice over, its so bad ;\

Graphics looks outstanding, like really amazing. Assets quality is out of this world, i dont know what people expect.
I would love to play it downsampled with SMAA 2x, because aliasing, especially shader aliasing break immersion

Ciastek3214

God my version has only Polish voice over, its so bad ;\

Graphics looks outstanding, like really amazing. Assets quality is out of this world, i dont know what people expect.
I would love to play it downsampled with SMAA 2x, because aliasing, especially shader aliasing break immersion

See if there's a system.cfg file or something in that regard, open it with notepad and searh for a line that might resemble language command, change it to English, worked with Crysis 2.

My PC copy will be shipping soon from Amazon (dat $20 promo credit). Looking forward to watching my PC cry in pain trying to play this.

Zeth

Single 680 Everything maxed but Shaders and Post Processing on high. Medium SMAA. Running pretty good at ~50fps, 1080P. Seems to fluctuate quite a bit though.
Latest drivers that were just released. Rolled back OC to stock after I got an engine/driver crash.

KKRT00

See if there's a system.cfg file or something in that regard, open it with notepad and searh for a line that might resemble language command, change it to English, worked with Crysis 2.

I know it worked in Crysis 2, but its not working here ;\ Thats the first thing i tested. Seems, it doesnt have english files.

Zeth

So now that I have it unlocked, when can I go back online without the vpn?

I think Origin is fine, it works for me without VPN now that it's unlocked. I'm just not doing multiplayer until midnight local time.

edit: all the console commands are the same as C2, cl_fov, hud_hide 1, etc which are good to know.

Eideka

Banned
I know it worked in Crysis 2, but its not working here ;\ Thats the first thing i tested. Seems, it doesnt have english files.

When you installed the game were you offered the language choice ? Origin powered games do. I remember previous EA titles that installed the game without asking you for the language.

I ended up having my Alice Madness Returns or Crysis 2 installed in French even though I ordered them from Amazon.uk.

Nothing of the sort with Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3, the installer offers you the choice of the language.

Metal-Geo

This is the most beautiful game I've ever played. Holy shit.

Running at 1920x1200 with everything on very high and SMAA MGPU (2x) on a GTX 690. Goes from 30fps to 60fps back and forth.

Looking forward to some magic configs. Cause I really, really want to play this at 2560x1600. :)

Because its more than 50% cheaper than here and I don't really have alot of cash right now...

40 USD on mexican store vs 95 USD over here

Anyways, the preloading is working now!

oh wow, didn't even know you could do something like that. lol still, giving your CC info over VPN is kind of sketchy.

KKRT00

When you installed the game were you offered the language choice ? Origin powered games do. I remember previous EA titles that installed the game without asking you for the language.

I ended up having my Alice Madness Returns or Crysis 2 installed in French even though I ordered them from Amazon.uk.

Nothing of the sort with Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3, the installer offers you the choice of the language.

I'll test it more when VPN circus end :) BTW my game is 11gb, not 14gb.

KKRT00

Ok, localization files swapping shouldnt be a problem, everything is based on two files .pak and _xml.pack, so it should be matter of only downloading those two files and changing setting in system.cfg

LEGGZZZZ

I can not wait for tomorrow. To be honest I'm buying this strictly for Hunter Mode, I had a lot of fun in the beta with, felt fresh and unique (I'm aware it's not a new concept). Can't wait to try it with all 12 maps. I might not even touch anything else though, maybe a little campaign just to see where it stands quality and tech wise.

Ricker

Nobody ever said it was.

The idea that Crysis 2 was 20 hours so this cannot be 5 is laughable though. Like I said earlier, I played C3 in same play style as C2. C2 took me 3 times as long. But if people want to deny that, it's their prerogative. They'll see for themselves on Tuesday...

Ok so it was 15 instead of 20...still a lot more then the so called 5 but hey we shall see tomorrow,not saying you are lying or anything,just upset if it's really only 5.

scitek

The play-through I've been streaming is looking like it'll total around 6 hours. I'm pre-loading 3 now, though, so I don't know if I'll actually finish 2 lol.

EDIT: I bought the Hunter Edition from Origin. The email I got said to check under "My Games" to find the original Crysis, but it isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?

Ghost23

The play-through I've been streaming is looking like it'll total around 6 hours. I'm pre-loading 3 now, though, so I don't know if I'll actually finish 2 lol.

EDIT: I bought the Hunter Edition from Origin. The email I got said to check under "My Games" to find the original Crysis, but it isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?

You don't get it until Crysis 3 comes out....

Top Bottom