• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Dennis

Banned
How does the game play?

Is it a return to the ground breaking gameplay of Crysis or is this more like Crysis 2?

Are there big open levels? Or are they all small corridors?

codhand

so sick of this "more open" pissing and moaning, the airpoirt runway level in warhead was straight up boring, what good is a mansion if you only use one room? go play the original Just Cause,...

Dennis

Banned
so sick of this "more open" pissing and moaning, the airpoirt runway level in warhead was straight up boring, what good is a mansion if you only use one room? go play the original Just Cause,...

I am talking Assault and Onslaught levels of the original Crysis aka the two greatest FPS levels ever made.

Zeth

I played a solid 2 hours, good news is it's not over yet! I like it so far. No better or worse than I expected really. It's a fun ride. I'm really pumped for multiplayer now. The first fps I've played online in ages was the beta, and I'm probably going to put some serious time into it when it launches.

I bumped down several settings from max and ran it at 2560x1440 with vsync on and was getting a solid 60. Looks great, but it's no MaldoHD. Hope he does work on this game too.

Vitor711

Too bad.

Oh well, Crysis 2 was an enjoyable game and this seems comparable so I should have a fun time.

I've found it to be every bit as good as two so far, if not better in some respects.

The novelty factor has worn off a little (suit does control better but it's mostly the same weapons and abilities as before) but it's still a great game. I for one loved the feel of the shooting in C2 and it's retained here. That and the bow is one of my favourite weapons in a shooter in a long time. More satisfying to use than even the one in FC3 so far. Changing ammo types could have been streamlined a little better on a 360 pad though as that's not quite as intuitive as it was in FC3.

I'm 5 hours in and have only just met the Ceph properly. I'm playing on one of the harder difficulties and, like every Crysis game before, have been stealth-ing my way through any fight that I can.

It's certainly not the tiny game it was made out to be if you play through it methodically and on a tougher mode. But then, maybe I'm near the final level already, I don't know.

Dennis

Banned
There are two sunny daytime levels (mission 2 and 3). The rest is all dark and world is going under lighting style.

Really? This is bordering on being incomprehensible to me.

You want to promote your engine but you make mostly dark levels.

Your first game had stunning naturalistic lighting and lots of different time-of-day to really show of the engines capabilities.

codhand

Lol, I just saw GamesMaster UK gave Fable III a 95.

damn, i liked C1, C2 and fable 3 =( haha,

not 95, but id say 85, i liked all the collectible keys and random stuff that happens in that game,

sorry if going forward this nullifies any points i may have or will make...

Lima

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask - is there a Delta difficulty and is that what people are playing?

How hard is the game?

Hardest difficulty is the same as in C2 which is Supersoldier difficulty.

Did you play C2 on Supersoldier? If so it is about the same.

Moff

the bow is ridicoulusly overpowered, in a very bad and gamebreaking way. I dont know what they were thinking and I'm playing on post human.

I also hate how you can tag every enemy in the next room by not even looking at them, just through the wall. this was already possible in crysis 2, but in part 3 it seems even worse because the enviroments where you actually fight enemies are even smaller now.

I am quite disappointed by now, I hope I havent seen the best yet, but given he length of the game I might even already be halfway through.

dino1980

Unlocked my GMG-version with the FLYVPN.

Im just stunned how beutiful the graphics looks. Its just insane how good it looks at ultra on the PC.

It reminds me of the first time I tried the demo of MGS2 and how blown away I was with the graphics. This is next generation for me.

scitek

the bow is ridicoulusly overpowered, in a very bad and gamebreaking way. I dont know what they were thinking and I'm playing on post human.

I also hate how you can tag every enemy in the next room by not even looking at them, just through the wall. this was already possible in crysis 2, but in part 3 it seems even worse because the enviroments where you actually fight enemies are even smaller now.

I am quite disappointed by now, I hope I havent seen the best yet, but given he length of the game I might even already be halfway through.

Turn off the fucking HUD. It's always been game-breaking. And ugly.

Gbraga

Is it possible (and legal) to copy my friend's preload so I can just buy the game and unlock it without having to download it myself?

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The play-through I've been streaming is looking like it'll total around 6 hours. I'm pre-loading 3 now, though, so I don't know if I'll actually finish 2 lol.

EDIT: I bought the Hunter Edition from Origin. The email I got said to check under "My Games" to find the original Crysis, but it isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?
Guy who has full video walkthrough up on YouTube said his videos combined from beginning to end clock at about 5 hours and 10 minutes but I know he skipped at least one cutscene.

scitek

Guy who has full video walkthrough up on YouTube said his videos combined from beginning to end clock at about 5 hours and 10 minutes but I know he skipped at least one cutscene.

I was messing around a bit at times so I wouldn't just blow through it like I could if I wanted, too. I'm looking forward to diving into this one tonight, but I'm really interested in seeing what the next game will be like since it'll be targeting next-gen consoles.

Vitor711

I'm calling BS on the level size thing here - the levels are A LOT more open ended and less linear than they were in C2. The mission areas themselves are massive by comparison. Not quite Crysis 1 levels of huge but still very impressive.

Also, for anyone worried about length - I'm on the final mission, having done every side mission I came across so far and have put in around 7/8 hours on whatever the game calls hard. I'm playing slowly and stealthily but not excessively so by any means.

This is not a 5 hour game unless you play it on easy and run through every level. Not even close.

Does Crysis 3 have an Online Pass? I can't remember if C2 did or not.

No, just a code for day 1 dlc

I'm calling BS on the level size thing here - the levels are A LOT more open ended and less linear than they were in C2. The mission areas themselves are massive by comparison. Not quite Crysis 1 levels of huge but still very impressive.

Also, for anyone worried about length - I'm on the final mission, having done every side mission I came across so far and have put in around 7/8 hours on whatever the game calls hard. I'm playing slowly and stealthily but not excessively so by any means.

This is not a 5 hour game unless you play it on easy and run through every level. Not even close.

I guess my gameclock is lying to me

Vitor711

No, just a code for day 1 dlc

I guess my gameclock is lying to me

Where in the game is the time? I measured my play through just by recording when I started and stopped playing. I can see counters for individual things such as time spent in a certain suit mode or using a certain weapon etc. but can't see anything for total game time on the stats screen.

It would be interesting to see what it says for me.

But as I said, I'm on 7 hours already and am on what I assume to be the final mission. I think I've done all of the side missions (the actual objectives, not all the collecting stuff) but, even then, those don't take long as they're usually just tasking you with picking something up on a part of the map that isn't on the critical path. Died a couple of times but not that many and I haven't been melee stealth killing everyone as I used to in Crysis 2. If anything, I'm playing a little more aggressively.

Mr Scrufff

Neo Member
Just finished it on 360, it was short but I still enjoyed it. The frame rate was a little low but it still looks pretty damn great for running on an 7 year old console. Has anyone managed to play MP on the 360 yet?

Top Bottom