• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Just finished it on 360, it was short but I still enjoyed it. The frame rate was a little low but it still looks pretty damn great for running on an 7 year old console. Has anyone managed to play MP on the 360 yet?

Yes. Runs way better than the Beta

Where in the game is the time? I measured my play through just by recording when I started and stopped playing. I can see counters for individual things such as time spent in a certain suit mode or using a certain weapon etc. but can't see anything for total game time on the stats screen.

It would be interesting to see what it says for me.

But as I said, I'm on 7 hours already and am on what I assume to be the final mission. I think I've done all of the side missions (the actual objectives, not all the collecting stuff) but, even then, those don't take long as they're usually just tasking you with picking something up on a part of the map that isn't on the critical path. Died a couple of times but not that many and I haven't been melee stealth killing everyone as I used to in Crysis 2. If anything, I'm playing a little more aggressively.

Campaign screen

Vitor711

So are there any sweet set pieces in this game. Crysis 2 had some pretty cool shit in it.

This has stuff comparable to the bridge collapse and other moments in C2. Definitely up there.

I found the starting mission to be a little poor but the game gets into a decent swing as soon as you get into the actual city, which is only like 45 minutes in. It's just a shame that they didn't have the same awesome opening that C2 did.

This has stuff comparable to the bridge collapse and other moments in C2. Definitely up there.

I found the starting mission to be a little poor but the game gets into a decent swing as soon as you get into the actual city, which is only like 45 minutes in. It's just a shame that they didn't have the same awesome opening that C2 did.

Are you talking about just the opening in the submarine in C2?

Yup.

Just finished the game and imo it was a hell of a lot better than C2 in pretty much every way.

Good.

But personally I couldn't even stand Crysis 2. I played it for 2 hours on PS3 and just wasn't having any fun. The enemies took way too many bullets before dying, and I couldn't see anything (that lens flare). I now know that Crysis 2 only ran at 1024x720 on PS3, and it was a little sharper on 360 (1152x720).

I hope Crysis 3 doesn't run at 1024x720 on PS3. :/

Nizz

Checked my email and saw that Newegg has charged my card and the game should be on its way, PS3 version. I guess it'll probably get here Thursday or more likely Friday. Been playing some Crysis 2 lately just to get a feel for the gameplay you get from this series.

Moff

I'm calling BS on the level size thing here - the levels are A LOT more open ended and less linear than they were in C2. The mission areas themselves are massive by comparison.

first of all: all 3 crysis games are very linear, they're neither open world nor free roam.
and as I said, I have not finished the game yet, but I have seen quite a portion of the biodome by now. and I agree that the levels seem open ended, but they are not really, especially - like I said - the sections where you actually fight enemies. you're doing crysis 2 injustice if you say they were much smaller, just think of the first few sections of crysis 2 in battery park. these are much bigger than the abandoned train depots where I fought most of the enemies by now.
as I said, that might still change, I have not finished the game yet, but I am not impressed at all this far.

strata8

first of all: all 3 crysis games are very linear, they're neither open world nor free roam.
and as I said, I have not finished the game yet, but I have seen quite a portion of the biodome by now. and I agree that the levels seem open ended, but they are not really, especially - like I said - the sections where you actually fight enemies. you're doing crysis 2 injustice if you say they were much smaller, just think of the first few sections of crysis 2 in battery park. these are much bigger than the abandoned train depots where I fought most of the enemies by now.

as I said, that might still change, I have not finished the game yet, but I am not impressed at all this far.

How can you have seen "quite a portion of the biodome" and not be out of the train depots yet?

Also, I played through the start of Crysis 2 just yesterday and I think you are seriously overestimating how large the areas are.

Moff

I have just left the train depots, yes. I dont know how far I am in the game, but since I played a few hours and people said its only 5 hours, I guessed I've seen a representable portion of the game. if not, all the better, I always stressed that I have not finished the game yet.

I replayed crysis 2 last week with maldos mod and the first few levels in both crysis 1 and 2 offer bigger sections with enemies than crysis 3 does in the first few levels. crysis 2 also offered more ways to move around in these sections. from the getgo they were designed to use the different aspects of the nano suit. thats something I have simply not seen in crysis 3 yet.

dino1980

CHANGE FOV

To change the FOV do the following.

1 Copy your system.cfg (can be found in the root catalog)
2 Rename the new copy of system.cfg to autoexec.cfg
3 Open it in notepad
4 Delete the text in it and copy in the following

cl_fov 80
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov 80
r_drawnearfov 80

You can change the fov to whatever you like by just changing the numbers.

Wish I hadn't gotten cheap and had used GMG like I always do instead of pre-ordering a key from intkeys(40 dollars) Doesn't seem they got their copies in so the wait continues, shall have to settle for looking at everyone's pretty screens.

I think something screwy is going on with Origin. I preordered the game on the 15th and still have no preload option, and the game still reports as unreleased.

Moff

I think something screwy is going on with Origin. I preordered the game on the 15th and still have no preload option, and the game still reports as unreleased.
the date you preordered is irrelevant
the current date and the region your ip comes from is important. preload for asian/US ips is possible since friday.

Moff

I'm in the US.
I guess there is something wrong with your connection, do you mask or hide your ip in some way?
anway I'd write to origins support, isnt the game already officially playable in the us by now? you should be able to at least preload.

I guess there is something wrong with your connection, do you mask or hide your ip in some way?
anway I'd write to origins support, isnt the game already officially playable in the us by now? you should be able to at least preload.

No, I don't do anything with my connection. No VPN, masking, anything. I remember this happened for some people with Mass Effect as well.

CryptiK

Just finished it it. The story wasnt as bad as everyone has been saying. Beautiful game

Ending Spoilers
As he was plummeting towards earth I knew exactly where he was going to land.

And now he is the suit and there is no sequel set up. Looks like no more Crysis.

Also does anyone think it was weird he they refused to show Nomads dog tag you could clearly see Jester and Aztecs but never Nomad.

Did they bring back any of the building destructibility present in the first Crysis game? Also, are there any particularly impressive new physics based features? Really excited to play this soon.

Just finished it it. The story wasnt as bad as everyone has been saying. Beautiful game

Ending Spoilers
As he was plummeting towards earth I knew exactly where he was going to land.

And now he is the suit and there is no sequel set up. Looks like no more Crysis.

Also does anyone think it was weird he they refused to show Nomads dog tag you could clearly see Jester and Aztecs but never Nomad.
It's funny, because you could clearly see Prophet falling to the part of Lingshan where Nomad lost his chute in the first game.

As far as Nomad is concerned, I think it's dumb the way they dealt with him in the first place. If they wanted to kill him off they should have done it in a game, not a comic that nobody read. Also, Prophet clearly says he's doing it for three people, yet he does only mention Aztec and Jester. Maybe they're gearing up for a sequel that way :p

Concerning the series as a whole, this would be a fitting ending, but money is usually the most important factor. If this game sells better than the first two I expect the franchise will continue.

Addnan

Finished the campaign, it's a good length I think.

I want to play the multiplayer, but have no idea what will happen if I try to log in through the game since the game is not released in the UK until Friday :/

CryptiK

It's funny, because you could clearly see Prophet falling to the part of Lingshan where Nomad lost his chute in the first game.

As far as Nomad is concerned, I think it's dumb the way they dealt with him in the first place. If they wanted to kill him off they should have done it in a game, not a comic that nobody read. Also, Prophet clearly says he's doing it for three people, yet he does only mention Aztec and Jester. Maybe they're gearing up for a sequel that way :p

Concerning the series as a whole, this would be a fitting ending, but money is usually the most important factor. If this game sells better than the first two I expect the franchise will continue.
Regardless of how many sales I cant see where they could go with the story the Ceph are gone Cell is gone... The only other Enemy they had was the Koreans. I don't consider Nomad dead until I hear confirmation or see confirmation in the games

Metal-Geo

Did they bring back any of the building destructibility present in the first Crysis game? Also, are there any particularly impressive new physics based features? Really excited to play this soon.
There are no destructible environments, really. You can shoot some glass and monitors. But that's about it.
There's some fancy 'cloth' physics feature in the game though, that reacts to both wind, your player's interaction and shooting. Also applied to the grass. Which looks fucking stunning in motion!

btw, what's the word on the tessellated toad?

Addnan

Regardless of how many sales I cant see where they could go with the story the Ceph are gone Cell is gone... The only other Enemy they had was the Koreans. I don't consider Nomad dead until I hear confirmation or see confirmation in the games
theres some stuff after the credits, maybe that hints at something. I was completely out it by the time I reached it, barely remember what happened there.

Top Bottom