• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

There are no destructible environments, really. You can shoot some glass and monitors. But that's about it.
There's some fancy 'cloth' physics feature in the game though, that reacts to both wind, your player's interaction and shooting. Also applied to the grass. Which looks fucking stunning in motion!

btw, what's the word on the tessellated toad?

Shame about the lack of destructibility, that impressed me in the orignal Crysis more than anything else. I remember when I punched a wall as I was spamming melee and it just collapsed, causing the house to tumble a bit. I gasped very audibly :D

Really excited to see the wind affected grass, that sort of stuff is just so impressive to me given the variables it has to react to. We live in a crazy age, and yay for cloth physics. I spent far too long in Borderlands 2 just shooting flags down.

I am also wondering as to the inclusion of tessellated toad. He was in the multiplayer alpha right?

HelloMeow

AfTBKQv.png

That explains.

Phinor

I mean I've seen all kind of stories about Origin but to experience it yourself is something else. You wake up to play Crysis 3 and EA has managed to remove our Crysis 3 copies from our accounts entirely. If I was one to post gifs, I might actually consider using not-bad-obama.

haikira

As someone who has stood up for Origin, i sure have egg on my face. It's not the end of the world admittedly and i'm sure it'll be fixed soon enough, but it's still very disappointing. Was hoping to play some of this before my night class. I guess i'll go back to farming in Metal Gear Rising while i wait for this to be fixed.

scitek

Oh for fuck's sake. I was just playing, about to go to bed so I closed Origin, saw this problem you guys were mentioning, and opened Origin back up to see I have the same problem. And if I try to launch it from a Steam shortcut it asks for activation. What a bunch of idiots.

I don't know what it is but I'm not impressed by it graphically. Looks like Crysis 2 with grass

KZ2 impressed me more and thats on an old hardware

I mean I've seen all kind of stories about Origin but to experience it yourself is something else. You wake up to play Crysis 3 and EA has managed to remove our Crysis 3 copies from our accounts entirely. If I was one to post gifs, I might actually consider using not-bad-obama.

Don't think I'll put my origin back in online mode any time soon.

Metal-Geo

Dangit. Still 6 more hours of work. Really curious if I'm hit with this problem too. Or if I can login into Origin in offline mode. (Which I was able to do yesterday by just yanking out my internet cable)

KKRT00

Heh, i got into offline mode yesterday and then blocked Origin in Firewall, but today i've got info that 'unexpected error occurred' and i need to login, so go online and after those posts i dont really want to, even via vpn ;\

Can someone confirm that even on VPN Crysis 3 is not showing in client?

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Is the Origin problem occurring with retail games too or is this a case where people found a way to download it early and EA put a stop to it?

haikira

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Is the Origin problem occurring with retail games too or is this a case where people found a way to download it early and EA put a stop to it?

Pretty sure it's happening for retail copies too, going by comments on the EA forum. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with early unlocks, as the game should still be in your list before release. I'm in the UK and the release day for me is Friday, but i should still have the game in my list with the option to preload. There's just nothing for me.

Xbudz

Well what a shit way to handle the launch of a game!

I am in the middle of making breakfast- set aside time to continue playing...
when *Poof!* Crysis 3 is not available under My Games anymore.

China is hacking again?

crayman

Jeff on GB mentioned that they probably weren't getting a review copy as they hadn't agreed to some weird review event process. I wonder if other sites refused as well

http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/post/43081202534/so-whos-reviewing-crysis-3-man-i-played-the
So, who's reviewing Crysis 3? Man, I played the multiplayer beta on both console and pc... It looks terrible on console. There's like a thick layer of FXAA anti-aliasing. Looks blurry as hell.

Dunno. They held an event for it and implied that only outlets that went to the event would receive an early copy of the game, so I sort of said “fuck that.” We’ve been too busy getting a site launched to jump through a bunch of stupid, Metacritic-focused hoops. If something shows up before release I might take it on, but if not then it comes out the day I leave for the Sony thing.

Xbudz

Ok, i just needed to login locally. Origin is still in offline mode and game is in My Library :)

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to fix mine.
It's a relief other people are having the problem- but what an embarassing way to launch a game.

Oh for fuck's sake. I was just playing, about to go to bed so I closed Origin, saw this problem you guys were mentioning, and opened Origin back up to see I have the same problem. And if I try to launch it from a Steam shortcut it asks for activation. What a bunch of idiots.
same thing happened to me :(

crayman

He posted this as well: http://jeffgerstmann.tumblr.com/pos...nt-mention-any-crysis-3-coverage-review-quick
Anonymous asked:
You didn't mention any Crysis 3 coverage/review/quick look for next week. Did they just decide to not send you a copy because you're mean jerks?

We do not have a copy of Crysis 3, though I should qualify that by saying that we didn’t ask for one, either. After getting something that suggested that the only people getting early copies were people who went to an early multiplayer event, I sort of got disgusted. This is how they tried to handle Crysis 2, also.

In any other situation, I probably would have still gotten in touch with EA about it, but we had a site to launch and a bunch of other event stuff to deal with. I’m not even sure if GameSpot got a copy in or not, and they went to that event.

Heard it was kind of bland, which fits with what I played of it back at E3, but that was obviously a long time ago. Maybe I’ll check it out when I get back from the Sony event, maybe the rest of the guys will buy a copy and get a Quick Look going or something.

Xbudz

@Crysis on Twitter responded to me:

@xbudz We are looking into this matter right now. Please continue to be patient with us and we will update you as soon as we know more.

*cries*

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So you haven't been to the High-Res PC Screenshot Thread lately.
See, that thread is interesting, but I have never been able to reproduce that quality on my system so it's almost like a thread of bullshots.

Even when downscaling from a high resolution and cranking up the AA, the end results are not even remotely as clean while playing plus those high resolutions really hurt performance.

Now it's just funny the people who completed the console versions some days ago, had to go all doomsday on the forums "OMG IT'S ONLY 5 HOURS, would my playtime lie?!" and then this ...

I saw a stream that lasted 4 hours and the guys was able to finish the game. And a youtuber needed under 5 hours to end the game and this guy didn`t cut his deaths.

The game is short.

Top Bottom