• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Tankshell

Was enjoying this game until I realised that you basically can't play stealth... totally absurd that enemies instantly spot you from across the other side of the map the moment your camo runs out. Even if you are crouched in high grass or shadows! Pathetic!

Far Cry 3 did this oh so right. Crytek should have learned something.

scitek

Was enjoying this game until I realised that you basically can't play stealth... totally absurd that enemies instantly spot you from across the other side of the map the moment your camo runs out. Even if you are crouched in high grass or shadows! Pathetic!

Far Cry 3 did this oh so right. Crytek should have learned something.

Yeah that's shitty, but they lose you again the second you re-cloak. Lol

Lima

Did you play 1 or 2 by chance? Totally the same deal. They have super human senses!

Tankshell

My GTX580 is not going to like this when i boot up this game. I hear him cry when i say Crysis 3..poor thing.

I'm playing on a single 580gtx. Got everything on very high except for shading, which I dropped to high as it seemed to have the single biggest impact on performance for me. Get a steady 40-50fps at 1080p with these settings.

Nokterian

I'm playing on a single 580gtx. Got everything on very high except for shading, which I dropped to high as it seemed to have the single biggest impact on performance for me. Get a steady 40-50fps at 1080p with these settings.

Is that the whole time in levels? What about heavy action sequence etc?

Anyone else playing MP? I'm warming up to the Typhoon, with the FY7 as my fallback outfitted with Reflex+Foregrip+RapidFire. Hunters Mode is really fun, but I've been having fun in all of the modes.

Really enjoying a lot of them, although team deathmatch is always what I come back to, no matter how basic of a playlist it is. Some of the new maps are really awesome. A lot of open areas, a ton of verticality to play on...I will never understand how the mp gameplay is seen as generic fps. A lot of people play this game wrong.

Performance wise with the multiplayer, I really recommend anybody that gives it a shot puts their settings way down. I get about 35 average on high, but decided recently to put everything on medium/low just to get a solid 60fps. It makes a huge difference in the responsiveness of the gameplay, and it still looks really good.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
What's the optimal AA setting? FXAA? SMAA? TXAA? MSAA? 670GTX here, playing at 1080p everything Very High. FPS takes some very nasty hits though I have SMAA Low enabled. What should I do :p

Vitor711

So I think I'm on the final boss fight (big donut stage) and I don't know if I'll ever beat the game.

It's awful. Terrible checkpoints and not using any of the aspects that make Crysis fun. I just started replaying earlier levels after my third or fourth death on that boss and my unwillingness to listen to the same scripted dialogue over and over again.

I'd certainly enjoyed the game up until now, although the earlier levels (minus the very first) were certainly the highlights.

Hopefully people will go crazy with mod tools and either populate the more open environments with more enemies (they're a little sparse as is) or just recreate the tone of the more colourful and grassy early stages.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
MP is well optimized. SP not that much. With FXAA and a crazy OC (God bless the Gigabyte Windforce) I could average over 50FPS with some drops to 30 at intense moments. All at 1080p and everything Ultra High.

Any word on frame-rates in the PS3 version for the SP campaign?

It feels like 25 FPS most of the time, but maybe that's just due to motion blur.

I also just want to post my overall impression of the game, and a cool moment.

It's an awesome game. The more I play, the more I'm baffled why some people are hating on it.

I just observed a squad of baddies grouped together, talking about their plan to kill me. So I simply stuck the middle guy with a thermite arrow, and as he screamed wildly the rest of his squad tried to back away from him.

The explosion ruptured his body into gooey chunks flying everywhere, and three other baddies were taken out in the explosion.

I was just like... "Wow".

Some other notes: The AI isn't that bad. It's certainly no worse than Crysis' AI (which I just replayed). The main theme of the soundtrack is truly a pleasure to listen to. And last but not least, I don't care if the bow is OP. I'm having an absolute blast. Dishonored also had a lot of unbalanced, broken mechanics you could abuse, but that only made the game more fun to me (just being creative with all the tools at my disposal).

Ricker

Is the sound choppy on the 360 for anyone else?

Yep,skips a lot,I even installed the game but it does the same thing...small 1 or 2 seconds with skippings...the game didn't get the usual 3 MB patch on launch day,hopefully they fix this with one.

First 5 seconds already blown away by the graphics on the 360. Its like the mgs 2 tanker level. Rain is sweeeeet.

Wait till you are welcomed to the jungle...awesome stuff right there for a 7 year old console(360)

Spazznid

My GTX580 is not going to like this when i boot up this game. I hear him cry when i say Crysis 3..poor thing.

Here's mine:
ijCutTG2MQlbY.png

Lol, that was downsampled, at 1080p, I get around 30 fps.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Oh god this bow is soooooo good. Awesome weapon.

But anybody that has played this, how recommended is it to play on Supersoldier as opposed to Veteren? I beat Crysis 2 on veteran and there was a decent challenge. But i hear this is easier. Im tempted to restart on supersoldier...

Prophet: I think the ceph are still here
Psycho: There's no more ceph they're all gone
Prophet: I don't know man
Psycho: Trust me
*ten minutes later get attacked by ceph*
Prophet: WTF man
Psycho: oh you meant those ceph

I'm not happy with having to follow Psycho so much. It's not fun just following a blip on your HUD. Someone please tell me it lets up soon. (I just finished 'Welcome to the Jungle.')

Hypron

Did you play 1 or 2 by chance? Totally the same deal. They have super human senses!

I've not played Crysis 3 yet, but I didn't have any problems with being stealthy in first 2 games... Maybe people need enemies to be completely blind and/or deaf?

DocSeuss

And Far Cry.

I'm having an absolute blast. Dishonored also had a lot of unbalanced, broken mechanics you could abuse, but that only made the game more fun to me (just being creative with all the tools at my disposal).

That's not unbalanced or broken, that's literally the point of the game: it's all about player expression and creativity. Yes, you can kill guys with ease, but balancing the game so that killing guys is a challenge would miss the point.

I'm not happy with having to follow Psycho so much. It's not fun just following a blip on your HUD. Someone please tell me it lets up soon. (I just finished 'Welcome to the Jungle.')
I'm only answering your question, but some people may find it spoiler-ish
I think that's the last level where you have to follow him.

Game really looks good on the 360. FPS seems better than Crysis 2. Predator bow is pretty awesome in SP. Really liking the Cell vs Rebel mode in MP. No kill streaks and no suit abilities. Pretty sweet.

One thing that bothers me is how inconsistent the sound is. Im playing with headphones on and some things sound very full and crisp, but other things sound rather muffled. Grenades have no pop to them, you can throw one 20 feet away and it sounds like youve just opened a can of soda or something. Then throw one 100 feet and you can barely hear anything.

But then you've got awesome suit sound effects like power jumps and the way invisibility alters your audio or the way the sounds of gunfire echo against metal walls in a confined area. Want to know what they were thinking with some of this stuff, crysis 2 had some of these issues and they just weren't fixed. This game is a delight for the senses, but ill be damned if it isnt buggy as hell.

Top Bottom