• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

kinggroin

Banned
The Bow on post human is useless, unless there's some laser sight upgrade I missed.

Passed the Dam area, game is growing on me, but I really need to ditch this Phenom setup. Framerate is all over the place, though improved when I moved from 720p to 1080p.

The Bow on post human is useless, unless there's some laser sight upgrade I missed.

I actually think i'm going to lower down from post human to veteran. I'm just not having enough fun on my assault heavy playthrough using the bow. Its like: uncloak... and then get murdered from 300 yards away by an enemy that sees you through bushes. I'm hoping the AI isn't as hyper observant at a lower difficulty level.

That said, i like not having a targeting reticle when shooting from the hip in Post Human. Is there a .cfg line to remove the reticle from lower difficulty settings (where it is normally enabled)?

scitek

I actually think i'm going to lower down from post human to veteran. I'm just not having enough fun on my assault heavy playthrough using the bow. Its like: uncloak... and then get murdered from 300 yards away by an enemy that sees you through bushes. I'm hoping the AI isn't as hyper observant at a lower difficulty level.

That said, i like not having a targeting reticle when shooting from the hip in Post Human. Is there a .cfg line to remove the reticle from lower difficulty settings (where it is normally enabled)?

Lol it's in the options.

I tried that and it didn't work. I even started a new game but thanks either way.

It's still happening even after starting a new game? That is really odd. Most of the issues were just session specific for me. Have you tried contacting EA?

@Salz01 - Yes, there is definitely a difference. I'm playing on medium/high on the PC and my brother has the 360 version. I was over his house yesterday when he was playing and you can definitely see the difference. But that is to be expected. It's a gorgeous 360 game though. If you have nothing to compare it to, the 360 is amazing, but when you try to compare it to a high end PC (or even mid grade) it's obvious. If you have a PC and it can handle the minimum specs, that is where you should play it, unless you are into Xbox multiplayer and/or achievements. Just going on looks though, the PC is the clear winner.

Thanks for your help, I'll have to call once I'm off work if the problem persists.

Loginius

Nope.

Not even sure how I missed that.

No aiming reticule on post human, so I guess I just assumed.

Its the neon green stripe on the center of the left side, the outmost tip is where your arrow will go.

Is there any way to disable controller support in the pc version?
I actually do want to use a controller but I dont like the buton layout and would like to use xpadder to change it.

(alternatively a program that lets you override "some" of the built in buttons would be even better, with xpadder it plays both actions)

Ricker

Game looks awesome on the 360 but it is struggling in some parts,it's certainly not a steady 30 fps that's for sure,it varies a lot and even dips below 25 at times and there's this annoying sound skipping as well...this is with the game installed and I turned Blur off...

Also what's up with that stretching the vertical and horizontal screen in the options,you rarely see that on consoles and by default the edges where not reaching the edges of my 55 inch HDTV,so I stretched it...maybe I will try resetting it to default but does this means I will have black bars on the side and top..? what is this safe area...?

Game looks awesome on the 360 but it is struggling in some parts,it's certainly not a steady 30 fps that's for sure,it varies a lot and even dips below 25 at times and there's this annoying sound skipping as well...this is with the game installed and I turned Blur off...

Yup, I said earlier in the thread it feels like 25 FPS most of the time in SP (I'm on PS3).

Is there really an option to turn blur off?

-SD-

Banned
So... is this sort of water tech in the retail version? Note also the "waterfall".

crysis3_water3aluh.gif

Animator

I probably shouldn't be, but the ego in the opening splash screens annoys me.

"A Cevat Yerli Game"? Who the f are you? You make mediocre games, and I'm pretty sure you had a team of programmers.

"Achieved with Cry Engine 3". What an achievement. It looks like pudding on the 360, not to mention the stuttering.

Okay. Sorry. I'm done.

Really dude?

Who the f is he? Well he is the CEO of the company, the guy who came up and created the first Crysis, one of the guys who wrote an engine that was way ahead of its time when it came out and still is.

So yea I think he can put whatever the fuck he wants at the opening credits of the game.

DangerStepp

Watching the Giant Bomb Quick Look for this.

Looks great! Can't wait to play it.

Also, I saw that commercial before a YouTube video... that ish is duuuuuuuumb.

Loginius

This gif looks more like something from Halo 4 than Crysis 3, art wise.
Its a 700x350px gif from a recording of a Cryengine 3 demonstration which even has a XYZ-Slider in it.
How can you tell something about the art?
(funny note: halo 3 actually had similar water effects)

Haven't been able to play a whole lot (only on the second level) but I'm enjoying it. Soundtrack is great (especially when the action intensifies).

i7 2600K (overclocked to 4.6GHz)
8GB RAM
EVGA GTX580 (x2).

Everything set to High except for Shadows and Motion Blur (which are set to Medium). Using Textures set to Very High. Using FXAA. Haven't been recording frame rates but definately the worst experience (in terms of frame rate) would be in the first level in the rain where you can use the bow for the first time.

While not perfect, I love all the Crysis games and I keep going back to play them all. This one will be no different. (PS - Thank you Maldo for the Crysis 2 work you've done !! :))

Once I've completed this campaign I will be looking forward to a Nanosuitninja play through.

Got a real weird bug last night. I hopped off a rock to stealth gack someone from behind. Suddenly I couldn't turn or look up/down, and could only move forwards, backwards and strafe. Also my gun model was all jacked. Had to quit out and go back in. 360 version.

http://vine.co/v/b6nd7P1e79J

Plumpman

Anyone else getting some odd glitches with the guns, especially during longer play sessions (PC)?

Specifically this happened to me yesterday after 1-2 hours:

-Guns no longer replenished additional ammo from any sources, even if you grabbed a new one. I was stuck with 1 clip in my guns, period!
-Gun customization stopped working, didn't change ammo types.

KKRT00

No HUD guesstimate shooting with the bow was painful to watch. Pretty though.

That green glowing line is a crosshair, but bow is a bow, its not easy to shoot far away targets:)

@-SD-
I'm uploading some water scenes right now :) Its hard though to get good footage, with fast moving targets, but displacement of water depend of how fast object move.

@codhand
Yeah ;\, i wish i could get english voice over, polish one is so bad.

--
Ps. I dont why, but smoke from that grenade at the beginning do not move when i replay this level after death, when i reload map completely from menu, its affected by wind generated from chopper, but after death its not.

ttocs

Anyone else getting some odd glitches with the guns, especially during longer play sessions (PC)?

Specifically this happened to me yesterday after 1-2 hours:

-Guns no longer replenished additional ammo from any sources, even if you grabbed a new one. I was stuck with 1 clip in my guns, period!
-Gun customization stopped working, didn't change ammo types.

Yup, I was having issues with stuff but after exiting out of the game and starting ti back up it was fixed. I have no idea why it would do that.

Andrew.

Banned
This is one of the most disappointing games I have ever played (PS3 version)

It is the equivalent of Ass Creed Brotherhood or Revelations. It's no evolution of the series, but rather just a "here's what happens next" situation with a few additions, namely the bow.

I played up until the halfway point and I just couldn't go on any further. Not even for trophy purposes. It's just so fucking stale. The graphics aren't anything for me to write home about, yet maybe if I had never played Crysis 1 or 2 this feeling would be different. I also noticed many jags, pop in and occasions where my game would load and Prophet wasn't even holding his fucking weapon. The music, however, is superb and the sound production for the guns is right on point. Unfortunatley, that shit isnt going to carry something like this and unfortunatley, today I realized that this series really is all about the fine coat of paint you see up front and not what is underneath it all.

Maybe I've turned jaded, maybe I'm turning into a Derrick, but this game is absolute shit in my opinion. I just sold it to my friend and went and picked up Metal Gear Rising instead. Hopefully that'll help clean up this mess I got myself into.

Toa TAK

Banned
Unfortunatley, that shit isnt going to carry something like this and unfortunatley, today I realized that this series really is all about the fine coat of paint you see up front, and not what is underneath it all.

Welcome. I feel the same for the most part.

exYle

It is the equivalent of Ass Creed Brotherhood or Revelations. It's no evolution of the series, but rather just a "here's what happens next" situation with a few additions, namely the bow.

Pretty poor example given that Brotherhood is the best game in the series.

scitek

I played up until the halfway point and I just couldn't go on any further. Not even for trophy purposes. It's just so fucking stale. The graphics aren't anything for me to write home about, yet maybe if I had never played Crysis 1 or 2 this feeling would be different. I also noticed many jags, pop in and occasions where my game would load and Prophet wasn't even holding his fucking weapon. The music, however, is superb and the sound production for the guns is right on point. Unfortunatley, that shit isnt going to carry something like this and unfortunatley, today I realized that this series really is all about the fine coat of paint you see up front and not what is underneath it all.

Maybe I've turned jaded, maybe I'm turning into a Derrick, but this game is absolute shit in my opinion. I just sold it to my friend and went and picked up Metal Gear Rising instead. Hopefully that'll help clean up this mess I got myself into.

lol

There's nothing wrong with thinking any game is a piece of shit. It's how I feel about Metal Gear games.

Top Bottom