• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 3 |OT| 1. Nomad / 1.5 Psycho / 2. ??? / 3. Prophet

Do the ridiculously spread out checkpoints in the console version ruin this for anyone? Once I died after clearing out an area because I accidentally fell to my death and another time I died getting to the damn because a bunch of soldiers spawned next to me and I had no suit energy left. Both time I lost 10+ minutes of progress. Speaking of spawning I watched an enemy spawn right next to another one. You would think that you wouldn't see that in a modern game.

so how does the PS3 version compare to the 360 version?

I know with C2 they both have there disadvantages and advantages(ps3 better AF, ect), with 360 holding a slight framerate advantage. Is it basically the same this time around? I'm seeing some reports that the PS3 version is blurrier, but with C2 you couldn't really tell the difference even though PS3 had a 12.5% resolution decrease.

Just bought this off the origin Australia store, but it won't let me pre-load, says it has not released yet. I thought you could pre load?.
Hmm

CryptiK

Prophet: I think the ceph are still here
Psycho: There's no more ceph they're all gone
Prophet: I don't know man
Psycho: Trust me
*ten minutes later get attacked by ceph*
Prophet: WTF man
Psycho: oh you meant those ceph
He clearly states that the only ceph that are left are savages he doesn't say they are all gone.

Tankshell

Was enjoying this game until I realised that you basically can't play stealth... totally absurd that enemies instantly spot you from across the other side of the map the moment your camo runs out. Even if you are crouched in high grass or shadows! Pathetic!

Far Cry 3 did this oh so right. Crytek should have learned something.

Yeah that's shitty, but they lose you again the second you re-cloak. Lol

Did you play 1 or 2 by chance? Totally the same deal. They have super human senses!

Does this not really annoy more people here then?

I am thinking about restarting the game and not even bothering to put points into upgrading the suit stealth abilities. Will just beef up the armour and combat abilities instead as it seems that was how the game is designed to be played.

Is there dialogue missing in a scene early on in the game, or did I just miss something?

*huge long pause*

Psycho: Ah, I promised her I wouldn't tell another living soul.

*another really long pause*

Psycho: Ah well, guess I didn't go back on my word, eh?

What's he referring too? He's not supposed to tell anyone who that woman is? I'm not sure if my game scripting just got messed up, but there was like a solid 30 seconds between each of Psycho's lines here.

Tankshell

Is there dialogue missing in a scene early on in the game, or did I just miss something?

*huge long pause*

I think that is just Crytek's idea of dramatic/comedic timing.

I think that is just Crytek's idea of dramatic/comedic timing.

I guess that must be it. Like, I understand the joke - Prophet isn't "a living soul," technically - but I had no idea what these lines are referring to. Is it just the existence of that woman that's supposed to be a secret?

Moff

I am thinking about restarting the game and not even bothering to put points into upgrading the suit stealth abilities. Will just beef up the armour and combat abilities instead as it seems that was how the game is designed to be played.

it was also on my list of the games faults on the last page, but I wouldnt say stealth is broken because of that. its still very very useful and makes the game ultra easy.
just use "hard" cover when you reload energy and not grass. its not that terrible.

but the game is too easy, no matter how you play it, even on posthuman. but then again, all crysis games were. the nanosuit abilities are just incredibly powerful.

Moff

I guess that must be it. Like, I understand the joke - Prophet isn't "a living soul," technically - but I had no idea what these lines are referring to. Is it just the existence of that woman that's supposed to be a secret?
no, psycho and her have a secret relationship, thats what he meant. he didnt say it, only implied it.

CryptiK

*huge long pause*

What's he referring too? He's not supposed to tell anyone who that woman is? I'm not sure if my game scripting just got messed up, but there was like a solid 30 seconds between each of Psycho's lines here.
Nope Im pretty sure you missed out on "Your mic is stuck on Romeo actual"

*huge long pause*

I think Psycho's line where he says she is "different" is supposed to imply that there's something going on between them and that's not what he was supposed to tell anyone. It was very poorly delivered, but that's how I read it immediately.

Just beat it for the first time on Superhuman difficulty. Good challenge. Stealth is still really powerful.

Played pretty well on my PC

GTX 680
I7-920 @4.0Ghz
12 gbs ram
Maxed out with FXAA

Averaged between 45-65 fps. Depending on the environment. I did have 4 driver crashes though, which was annoying. But other than that, I really liked it. I look forward to playing the MP. I loved the beta.

Prophet: I think the ceph are still here
Psycho: There's no more ceph they're all gone
Prophet: I don't know man
Psycho: Trust me
*ten minutes later get attacked by ceph*
Prophet: WTF man
Psycho: oh you meant those ceph

I could also do without all the psycho interaction.
"uhh my knee is hurt"
"they skinned me, *cry"
GET IT! HE DOESN'T HAVE A NANOSUIT

Also, it's pretty ridiculous (on superhuman at least) that if you arn't cloaked, everyone pretty much sees you immediately... even over long distances.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
My GTX580 is not going to like this when i boot up this game. I hear him cry when i say Crysis 3..poor thing.
I'm also using a GTX580.

Either go for medium level details and get 60 fps constant *OR* use Inspector to enable half refresh mode and go for a locked 30 fps at Very High.

Either way, you can achieve a rock solid framerate.

Yes. I can't believe it wasn't mentioned in any of the reviews. It's pretty severe.

135132051269.gif

I probably shouldn't be, but the ego in the opening splash screens annoys me.

"A Cevat Yerli Game"? Who the f are you? You make mediocre games, and I'm pretty sure you had a team of programmers.

"Achieved with Cry Engine 3". What an achievement. It looks like pudding on the 360, not to mention the stuttering.

Okay. Sorry. I'm done.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I probably shouldn't be, but the ego in the opening splash screens annoys me.

"A Cevat Yerli Game"? Who the f are you? You make mediocre games, and I'm pretty sure you had a team of programmers.

"Achieved with Cry Engine 3". What an achievement. It looks like pudding on the 360, not to mention the stuttering.

Okay. Sorry. I'm done.

It was hilarious in Crysis 2 as well. He desperately wants to be some sort of game design legend.

That's not unbalanced or broken, that's literally the point of the game: it's all about player expression and creativity. Yes, you can kill guys with ease, but balancing the game so that killing guys is a challenge would miss the point.

You know exactly what I meant. You're being anal about the definition of words there.

It is unbalanced. The developers of Dishonored said so themselves that they weren't concerned with balancing the game. They were concerned with providing skills that the player could exploit for fun.

PC version here. I can't seem to get past the first level where you have your first opportunity to hack a system.I successfully hack the system bit the door doesn't open. Anyone else having this problem on PC?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

It definitely bothers me. I was really hoping they would address that issue with the AI. :(

ttocs

PC version here. I can't seem to get past the first level where you have your first opportunity to hack a system.I successfully hack the system bit the door doesn't open. Anyone else having this problem on PC?

I had an issue on the PC where you have to shoot out the tower guns with that alien weapon. It wouldn't register me hitting it. I got out of the game, got back in and it worked. Try doing that and see if it helps.

I had an issue on the PC where you have to shoot out the tower guns with that alien weapon. It wouldn't register me hitting it. I got out of the game, got back in and it worked. Try doing that and see if it helps.

I tried that and it didn't work. I even started a new game but thanks either way.

I thought I would love the bow but I'm just not really enjoying it as much as, say, the bow in Far Cry 3. I don't know what it is about it. Maybe I should be using the different ammo types more.

Salz01

So those that played both on the PC and Xbox, is it a huge difference? I looked at some of the side by side comparison videos on you tube, but can't tell. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

ttocs

I tried that and it didn't work. I even started a new game but thanks either way.

It's still happening even after starting a new game? That is really odd. Most of the issues were just session specific for me. Have you tried contacting EA?

@Salz01 - Yes, there is definitely a difference. I'm playing on medium/high on the PC and my brother has the 360 version. I was over his house yesterday when he was playing and you can definitely see the difference. But that is to be expected. It's a gorgeous 360 game though. If you have nothing to compare it to, the 360 is amazing, but when you try to compare it to a high end PC (or even mid grade) it's obvious. If you have a PC and it can handle the minimum specs, that is where you should play it, unless you are into Xbox multiplayer and/or achievements. Just going on looks though, the PC is the clear winner.

Salz01

It's still happening even after starting a new game? That is really odd. Most of the issues were just session specific for me. Have you tried contacting EA?

@Salz01 - Yes, there is definitely a difference. I'm playing on medium/high on the PC and my brother has the 360 version. I was over his house yesterday when he was playing and you can definitely see the difference. But that is to be expected. It's a gorgeous 360 game though. If you have nothing to compare it to, the 360 is amazing, but when you try to compare it to a high end PC (or even mid grade) it's obvious. If you have a PC and it can handle the minimum specs, that is where you should play it, unless you are into Xbox multiplayer and/or achievements. Just going on looks though, the PC is the clear winner.

Ok, thank you for the feedback.

So those that played both on the PC and Xbox, is it a huge difference? I looked at some of the side by side comparison videos on you tube, but can't tell. Don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

Having not seen any 360 footage i can confidently say the PC version looks/is far superior.

Top Bottom