• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

traveler

Not Wario
urk said:
http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=18968

Nice little tool for creating and saving custom configurations for Crysis.

CryConfSS1.jpg

Looks like the dl link is gone. Wonder why?

Anyway, it seems that mega config you were talking about yesterday is about to go up soon.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
So I switched the 4gb DDR2 800 ram for 2gb DDR2 1066 ram and GTS for GT. No point in spending an extra $70 for minor improvements when I plan on getting a 9800 GPU anyway.

VGA EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR 8800GT 512M - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$239.99)
CPU INTEL|C2D E8400 3G 775 45N R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$229.99)
MB EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 NF780I SLI R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$249.99)
MEM 1Gx2|OCZ DII1066OCZ2N10662GK R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$109.99)

bee

Kadey said:
So I switched the 4gb DDR2 800 ram for 2gb DDR2 1066 ram and GTS for GT. No point in spending an extra $70 for minor improvements when I plan on getting a 9800 GPU anyway.

VGA EVGA 512-P3-N801-AR 8800GT 512M - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$239.99)
CPU INTEL|C2D E8400 3G 775 45N R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$229.99)
MB EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 NF780I SLI R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$249.99)
MEM 1Gx2|OCZ DII1066OCZ2N10662GK R - Retail (Qty=1, Price=$109.99)

if your gonna be clocking that 8400 at something like 9x500 then that ram is good, if your not gonna be clocking it at all then go with sum 533mhz stuff with lower timings as its just a waste of money

the 780 boards are way overpriced if you have no intention of ever using sli then go with a p35/x38 based board

Naruto

Will these specs run Crysis on the highest settings smoothly? -

Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz Processor.
GeForce 8800GT 512Mb.
4GB RAM DDR2.

Thanks.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Naruto said:
Will these specs run Crysis on the highest settings smoothly? -

Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz Processor.
GeForce 8800GT 512Mb.
4GB RAM DDR2.

Thanks.

You'll get 30fps if you run it at a sensible resolution and the game will look incredible. If you're running XP, you can drop half that RAM. If not, keep the RAM and drop five frames off your average.

Naruto

urk said:
You'll get 30fps if you run it at a sensible resolution and the game will look incredible. If you're running XP, you can drop half that RAM. If not, keep the RAM and drop five frames off your average.
Really? Only 30fps? Why? Is it the video card? 'Cause I've heared that this specific card is even better than the GeForce 8800GTS 320Mb... Something because of the core of the cards, the GTS 320Mb has an older core, G91 I think, and the 8800GT 512Mb has the newer G92 core.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Naruto said:
Really? Only 30fps? Why? Is it the video card?

Really.

Maybe more like 31.4 with dips to 15ish when shit really hits the fan.

The game often drops better than two and a half million tris into the mix with gobs of post processing effects and realistic physics. And more.

Nope, not your card. The 8800GT will run everything else you throw at it without breaking a sweat. But Crysis is not everything else.

Naruto

urk said:
Really.

Maybe more like 31.4 with dips to 15ish when shit really hits the fan.

The game often drops better than two and a half million tris into the mix with gobs of post processing effects and realistic physics. And more.

Nope, not your card. The 8800GT will run everything else you throw at it without breaking a sweat. But Crysis is not everything else.
Oh, so it's the game? Why didn't you say so? It's a new computer I'm ordering and I want Crysis to run perfectly, if 30fps is all Crysis can give, than it's fine with me. Thanks alot.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Naruto said:
That's what i'm asking =.=... Why?

They built in the highest settings in order to future proof the game. The idea is that in two or three years, with the newest high end hardware, it'll still look phenomenal. And right now, at high settings, at reasonable resolutions, you can get 30fps and play a title that looks better then anything else on the market to date.

Short answer: Crytek has a time machine.

Naruto

urk said:
They built in the highest settings in order to future proof the game. The idea is that in two or three years, with the newest high end hardware, it'll still look phenomenal. And right now, at high settings, at reasonable resolutions, you can get 30fps and play a title that looks better then anything else on the market to date.

Short answer: Crytek has a time machine.
Ohhhhhhh..... I thought that it's possible to get 60fps as of now, and that my PC is too weak ~.~.... Anyway, thanks for the help.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Naruto said:
Ohhhhhhh..... I thought that it's possible to get 60fps as of now, and that my PC is too weak ~.~.... Anyway, thanks for the help.

You could SLI three of those 8800GTs and you won't be able to get 60fps at the highest settings.

dLMN8R

No current hardware can run Crysis on the "highest" settings - Very High - perfectly smoothly. Yeah, if you have an SLI setup, you'll come close, but those highest settings are meant for the next generation of graphics hardware that will hopefully drastically improve shader performance.

But that fact is pretty irrelevant considering that, on High (not Very High), the game utterly destroys everything else out there, and will run on your system at high resolutions like 1680x1050, and a good 30-40+ FPS doing so.

Shoho

Banned
Crysis sure has become a phenomenon. Its the new benchmark tool of the world and it will be for years. I think this game will have great long term sales.
If Crytek is smart, they will do expansions and continue to add free content and try to bug fix and optimize the game for and with vista and DX10!
I just saw some sick videos on gametrailers.com where they blew up 100 nuke barrels and other crazy stuff where they played with performance. shooting millions of birds in the editor and other gravity based stuff. its amazing. It really is.

Crytek, listen - Everyone will measure their power with crysis. Its now time to expand. Expand the campaign, the multiplayer. Maybe even try to encourge the modders to do some solid projects. And then bundle them. give them expousure.
Crysis is... I can't say more in this post, but this game. It really is before its time. The AI is incredible. The guns are the best I have ever seen. And the jungle areas are stuff that I want to replay for ever. Quite honestly one of the best games of all time, period.
Unlike Far Cry this game has so much more than fancy graphics. Cryengine 2,0 is incredible. Its better than Source, its better than UE3. ID and Carmack really have to shake their balls if theirs is gonna rule. holy smokes.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Shoho said:
Crytek, listen - Everyone will measure their power with crysis. Its now time to expand. Expand the campaign, the multiplayer. Maybe even try to encourge the modders to do some solid projects. And then bundle them. give them expousure.

They're already ahead of you. ;)

http://icmc.crymod.com/

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Gattsu25 said:
Depends™ have a limited capacity. I suggest wearing sweatpants with an elastic waistband.

I'm posting from the toilet. Should I take my pants off and throw the sweatpants over the top or what?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Gattsu25 said:
By all means do NOT flush the Depends™!! Put them in a garbage bag!You'll make a mess out of them. Just aim at the toilet water.

Oh yeah, my granny caused a little backup at a graduation party a few years back. I know all about the clog potential.

Doc Evils

Ok I tried the config posted and it als seems to suffer from HDR/Bloom over kill.

Is it ok if I post 1050 size screenshots? or will the mods slap me?

dLMN8R

blah, my damn Opteron 165 is so bottlenecking the rest of my computer. I have an 8800GT, but those configs don't do anything but hurt my performance :-(

Even lowering resolution doesn't help. Because of the CPU bottleneck, I get nearly identical frame rates at 1280x800 as I do at 1680x1050.

traveler

Not Wario
Doc Evils said:
Ok I tried the config posted and it als seems to suffer from HDR/Bloom over kill.

Is it ok if I post 1050 size screenshots? or will the mods slap me?

Go ahead. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, so I'd like to see some comparision shots, if you don't mind.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
bee said:
if your gonna be clocking that 8400 at something like 9x500 then that ram is good, if your not gonna be clocking it at all then go with sum 533mhz stuff with lower timings as its just a waste of money

the 780 boards are way overpriced if you have no intention of ever using sli then go with a p35/x38 based board

It's already shipped. I'll probably end up SLIing two 9800GTs or something.

Doc Evils

Scaled them down to 768. 1050 looked overkill since this forum lacks an auto scaler for images.(Hint hint)

LVL 5 settings (aka high end)

bhzvqe.jpg

11uw7ld.jpg

30u8cwk.jpg

71o6wz.jpg

aykl5k.jpg

s1rcaw.jpg

s4beo2.jpg

2mng36h.jpg

157du9f.jpg

2r6fwcl.jpg

64oysn.jpg

xyd7m.jpg

9zx3q0.jpg

119xon6.jpg

Notice the heat effecting the barrels

30kdgna.jpg

js0ot4.jpg

1fv2ig.jpg

1tmrtl.jpg

aw6jkj.jpg

148zsxc.jpg

2m28h6s.jpg

s7ew.jpg

2lsgoq1.jpg

2dujy8y.jpg

n3vfo2.jpg

152fjip.jpg

aeo27k.jpg

nmyuxc.jpg

16c2vki.jpg

flikaa.jpg

vzauqh.jpg

4hw1fq.jpg

I also have a few simple gifs I want to upload.

Yummy, now make my damn 3870x2 hurry up and be delivered (hopefully Friday/Sat wooo, nice compliment to DMC4) :D

What is the framerate like with that config?

Doc Evils

Darkflight said:
Yummy, now make my damn 3870x2 hurry up and be delivered (hopefully Friday/Sat wooo, nice compliment to DMC4) :D

What is the framerate like with that config?

If you have the system, around 20ish.

traveler

Not Wario
So I installed Cuban's config and...

29ehicm.jpg

2psoylu.jpg

24mi87m.jpg

29z622r.jpg

...yeah. (This is Level 5, btw) At least the framerate is great. :lol

I MUST be doing something wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

Doc Evils

traveler said:
So I installed Cuban's config and...

...yeah. (This is Level 5, btw) At least the framerate is great. :lol

I MUST be doing something wrong, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

DX10

Top Bottom