• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

SpudBud

Just bought both Crysis and Warhead. Started with crysis and so far I'm enjoying it. Question, What's the best custom config?

confused

Banned
Ok, I have :

AMD Athlon 64 X2 X6000+ @ 3,2 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 800Mhz
Nvidia GT220 512 MB.
Vista Ultimate x64

Would adding Ram help my performance ? At 1280x720 I now get about 40 fps on mainstream settings and 20-25 on high. i would like to be able to get around 30fps on High if at all possible with just a RAM upgrade. If the GPU needs an overhaul it'll have to wait til easter.

Also, would the patch help this ?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
More RAM would not help. CPU then GPU upgrade I would think.

Try a custom config more appropriate for mid range and that should add another 8 frames or so.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
What mods should i use to get better performance out of crysis? Not sure if the OP has been up to date at all.

I get occasional frame slowdown on Very high. Getting annoying.

Links would be nice.

So many people love these cusom configs but I absolutely despise the sacrifices they make for the improved graphics. LOD is turned to shit in most cases. The original could use a bit more contrast but that's about it in my opinion.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Chris Murphy said:
So many people love these cusom configs but I absolutely despise the sacrifices they make for the improved graphics. LOD is turned to shit in most cases. The original could use a bit more contrast but that's about it in my opinion.
Luckily you can fully customize your own :D

There was a giant image / webpage the explained every variable but I can't seem to find it.

http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11614

:D

Volcynika

Gully State said:
Little bit concerned here.. I picked up Crysis Max Edition via Steam sale and I just checked the Steam page and

Is there a 64-bit version of Crysis?

Yep. Steam does not have it though.

ugh...I can't play this game in DX10 mode at 1920x1080 (there are black borders around the screen). Any suggestions?

Spec
E8400 stock
4 GB DDR2-800 RAM

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Gully State said:
ugh...I can't play this game in DX10 mode at 1920x1080 (there are black borders around the screen). Any suggestions?

Spec
E8400 stock
4 GB DDR2-800 RAM

I have a 4870x2 and have never been able to play at 1920x1080 in DX10 because it always forces my hdtv to 24Hz mode. Neither ATi or Crytek have ever fixed this. I've pretty much given up.

You could try going to catalyst control center desktops and displays, right click on your primary monitor > configure > HDTV support and enabling all modes your screen supports. Also check to make sure scaling options is set to 0% overscan.

Why ATi actually made the redesigned CCC even more of a pain in the ass to navigate is beyond me. I really wish you could set a universal overscan setting for all resolutions and not have the bloody default at like 50%.

kitch9

Banned
luka said:
I have a 4870x2 and have never been able to play at 1920x1080 in DX10 because it always forces my hdtv to 24Hz mode. Neither ATi or Crytek have ever fixed this. I've pretty much given up.

You could try going to catalyst control center desktops and displays, right click on your primary monitor > configure > HDTV support and enabling all modes your screen supports. Also check to make sure scaling options is set to 0% overscan.

Why ATi actually made the redesigned CCC even more of a pain in the ass to navigate is beyond me. I really wish you could set a universal overscan setting for all resolutions and not have the bloody default at like 50%.

Run Regedit go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges and if the value is 1 change it to 0.

That should stop any 24HZ issues, including the infamous Crysis 24hz at 1080p bug. I figured this out myself as there is no fix on the net anywhere for it.

luka said:

Yeah mine's set at 0. It's just weird that it defaults back to 50% when running crysis dx10 at 1920x1080...

kitch9 said:
Run Regedit go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges and if the value is 1 change it to 0.

That should stop any 24HZ issues, including the infamous Crysis 24hz at 1080p bug. I figured this out myself as there is no fix on the net anywhere for it.

is this for windows 7?

xdzh1s.jpg

Anyone know what is with my Crysis not displaying the rear tires of the Hummers? It shows the rear tires of pickup trucks...and if I shoot at the rear tires of the Hummer, the rubber will shoot off as normal and suddenly the metal wheel will appear and look the way it's supposed to.

Hazaro said:
That was a 1.2 patch issue iirc.

I think the 1.21 patch fixed it?

Strange because I have 1.21 patch installed. Dunno what the deal is, I'll tinker around and see if I can't figure it out.

Edit: I changed configs and that seemed to fix it.

Sorry to double post, but hoping someone could shed some light on this. I know that it isn't possible to enable triple buffering in Direct X 10 mode using the d3d9_TripleBuffering command, but is there another way to do it? I know there's a marginal difference between the DX9 and DX10 modes, but I don't notice much of a performance hit when running in DX10 so if I could get it going in triple buffering I'd probably go DX10 over 9.

Edit: I have D3DOverrider but when I have it active it is not effecting Crysis?

Also how come there is no search function anymore?

Aesius

I keep having some nasty freezes/crashes while playing Crysis.

Specs:
1360x768 resolution
AMD Phenom II X2 550
ATI 4850 512 MB
2 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I can sometimes play for an hour with great performance, but I will get random freezes where the music loops. Sometimes it will come back to life after about 10 seconds or so, and other times it hard freezes and I have to reboot. It does that completely randomly and will sometimes even freeze while loading a save.

Is that a known issue by any chance? It is frustrating the hell out of me, because the game is quite brilliant IMO and I would love to be able to finish it without getting these damn freezes.

Blizzard

Banned
Aesius said:
I keep having some nasty freezes/crashes while playing Crysis.

Specs:
1360x768 resolution
AMD Phenom II X2 550
ATI 4850 512 MB
2 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I can sometimes play for an hour with great performance, but I will get random freezes where the music loops. Sometimes it will come back to life after about 10 seconds or so, and other times it hard freezes and I have to reboot. It does that completely randomly and will sometimes even freeze while loading a save.

Is that a known issue by any chance? It is frustrating the hell out of me, because the game is quite brilliant IMO and I would love to be able to finish it without getting these damn freezes.
You have a 4850 (like me). How is your card temperature running? With a stock cooler those things run EXTREMELY hot, and I've had mine go over 100C before when I'm not paying attention. If the dust isn't cleaned out you will probably have to have the fan cranked up to some crazy loud level like 60-70% to keep things at 70-80C or lower.

Aesius

Blizzard said:
You have a 4850 (like me). How is your card temperature running? With a stock cooler those things run EXTREMELY hot, and I've had mine go over 100C before when I'm not paying attention. If the dust isn't cleaned out you will probably have to have the fan cranked up to some crazy loud level like 60-70% to keep things at 70-80C or lower.

I'm running the fan at 65% and it's not getting over 85-90 under load. It doesn't seem to be temperature related as it will sometimes freeze as a level is loading (before any play).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
crank that shit to 100% like i do to play everything on max :lol. only crashes i ever had in crysis were gpu temp related

Aesius

Definitely not temperature related. I just tried again with the fan running at 90% and it locked up for a good 2 minutes while trying to load - then it started back up but ran like a slideshow.

Even after quitting back to the menu it still ran like ass. Almost completely unresponsive when trying to quit out of the game. Seems like a problem with the game itself rather than my hardware.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Need to replay this beautiful game soon :)

SiliconBean

Note to potential employers: mainlines heroin
I just recently bought a Asus computer from my local bestbuy which I work at So I got a decent discount. The rig is as follows:

i5-650 3.2ghz
8gb ddr3
I put a Nvidia 250 card in it

I am playing on the Gamer setting and I get up to 59 frames but it doesn't dip below 27 frames is that good performance with vsync on.

SOLDIER

I recently upgraded my graphics card to a Radeon 5770. I have all the settings on Very High and so far maintain a stable 30fps framerate.

Wasn't there a mod or something that basically made the game look just as good as it did on Very High, but also used less resources? What was the name of that again?

Also, is there a way to play the game on 1920x1080 without black borders?

Finally, is there a way to customize the 360 controller settings?

So I'm trying to reinstall the game and can't. My disc drive won't read the disc. That's a shame, because I actually have retail versions of both Crysis and Warhead with my own purchased CD keys, yet I will have to rely on the internet to have to bypass DVD instillation.

Last time I installed Crysis, it took something like 5-6 hours reading from the DVD, but it worked. The Warhead DVD never worked in my disc drive.

Some sort of craptacular disc protection, FTL.

SOLDIER

I'm getting some choppy audio while playing the game in 5.1. Is there a way to increase the audio performance so it sounds better?

Wag

I'm playing it through for the first time and the game is still lagging on my setup (especially on the in game pre-rendered cut-scenes). This is on a Q9550@3.4GHz/8GB/GTX 295 (OC), Win7 x64 setup. Playing at 1920x1200. LOL. Hard to believe an almost 3yr old game is still too advanced for most setups.

That particle mod is really nice and doesn't put anywhere near the kind of strain on my framerate that you would think from looking at it. The only thing I don't like about it is the exaggerated particles you get from shooting walls, floors/ground, and water. If he toned those down a lot then the mod would be just about perfect.

Sorry for the bump but i have a quick question.

I finished Crysis vanilla settings and now I want to try the configs and Mods.

I have a 5870 i920 what mods and configs should i use? also is there tutorial online anywhere on how to install configs etc...

bhlaab

MisterAnderson said:
xdzh1s.jpg

Anyone know what is with my Crysis not displaying the rear tires of the Hummers? It shows the rear tires of pickup trucks...and if I shoot at the rear tires of the Hummer, the rubber will shoot off as normal and suddenly the metal wheel will appear and look the way it's supposed to.

The patch it what caused it. You must have installed the patch and then loaded a save from the first map.

The patch did something to back wheels so now your save with the old wheels precached makes them not show up. Start a new game or get to the next level and it will be fine.

jett

D-Member
Recent C2 news made me reinstall Crysis...and I find myself suffering from weird stuttering every few seconds, the hell? I didn't have this problem when I played the game before. I've applied the latest patch. Anyone know what could be causing this?

edit: nevermind a buggy quicksave was the cause. :p

Top Bottom