• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

FirewalkR

Zzoram said:
I never bought Crysis because my friend with it constantly crashed during the last level and we built identical PCs.

Could your friend's hardware be faulty? Could his Windows install have gotten all crapped up? Your machine should run it ok...

randomwab

Zzoram said:
I never bought Crysis because my friend with it constantly crashed during the last level and we built identical PCs.

That can't be helped. The last level in DX10 is bugged to hell, and they never fixed it. Crashed a ton for me too when I played it last month.

nubbe

The last fight with DX10 is a complete clusterfuck. It even corrupted some games files during a carsh, when I tried to load or save a game it crashed hard. Had to reinstall it.

But it works like a charm with DX9 and don't really look that much different.

Anyone still play Crysis Wars online? It's not bad. The original Crysis online was a major clusterfuck with rampant hackers, things have obviously gotten better.

Though I do find the set up annoying with having to constantly turn off and change your equipment set up upon your death. Every time I spawn why do I spawn with the fucking SMG with the laser sight on? It just screams shoot me when I try to cloak!

Xtyle

I didn't get to see Crysis in all it's glorious HD graphics until now running it on Radeon 5870. 2 year old game still looks sick.

Binabik15

bigben85 said:
I didn't get to see Crysis in all it's glorious HD graphics until now running it on Radeon 5870. 2 year old game still looks sick.

I could "only" convince myself to get a 5850 when I build my pc, I thope it´ll look decent enough coming from consoles
lulz

Is there a "demo" mode or something that tests how many fps I can expect in big fights etc? I´m not used to try dozens of settings.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Crysis was my GOTY that year... and I am still thinking of upgrading my machine to play it again with better settings.

I wish that other studio that did Warhead put out another expansion... I want more! There are so few PC titles that take advantage of what the PC can do... Crysis has been the most expensive game ever for me. Thankfully it does help me work when modeling/animating in 3D.

Their new engine looks really optimized so I can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well I just beat it and... wow.

Wow. I played on Delta, one of the most ridiculous experiences I've had this generation.

Nothing graphics wise will ever touch this game, ever. Until CE3 comes out of course.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey guys. I've got some questions. I recently upgraded from a 9600GT to a HD 5850. I wanted some eye candy. So while at Target I noticed Crysis Maximum Edition in their bin for 19.99 score right?

Well, I get home and install it auto scans to tell me that I should run it on "High" settings. Great! Just what I wanted. Boot up FRAPS (because I always do) then boot up the game. Once my feet hit the beach I'm lucky to be pulling 10 FPS. What the hell?

Here are my specs:
Intel q6700 OC'd to 3.1 mhz
4 GB DDR-2 RAM
Asus HD 5850 vid card
650 GB WD HDD
OCZ 750w power supply
Some generic DVD RW drive

How in the heck am I only getting 10 frames per second? Please tell me there is something I can do to improve the FPS. Please don't say lower the settings I've tried with everything on medium also still same frame rate.

Help I want to play this game... very much!

[Nintex]

Install the newest drivers on the ATi site, that might help. Also make sure to format your PC first if you go from nVidia to ATi.

Have you tried updating the graphics drivers on your card?

EDIT: yeah, patch the game to 1.2 as well, that should help improve performance.

RbBrdMan said:
Hey guys. I've got some questions. I recently upgraded from a 9600GT to a HD 5850. I wanted some eye candy. So while at Target I noticed Crysis Maximum Edition in their bin for 19.99 score right?

Well, I get home and install it auto scans to tell me that I should run it on "High" settings. Great! Just what I wanted. Boot up FRAPS (because I always do) then boot up the game. Once my feet hit the beach I'm lucky to be pulling 10 FPS. What the hell?

Here are my specs:
Intel q6700 OC'd to 3.1 mhz
4 GB DDR-2 RAM
Asus HD 5850 vid card
650 GB WD HDD
OCZ 750w power supply
Some generic DVD RW drive

How in the heck am I only getting 10 frames per second? Please tell me there is something I can do to improve the FPS. Please don't say lower the settings I've tried with everything on medium also still same frame rate.

Make sure your drivers and the game are up to date.

Tzeentch

RbBrdMan said:
-- Well, the obvious first thing to do is not run Fraps while playing Crysis, its not like Counter-Strike Source that runs at like 300 fps on a 5850 and you can afford the hit.

DietRob

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I'm downloading patch 1.2 now. I installed the card and drivers just 3 days ago so I doubt there are any driver updates.
If neither of those work then I guess I'll try this :

Try it in DX9 mode too; still looks great.

How do I force it to run in DX9 mode?

[Nintex]

I think the Patch should work, I bought it on steam so I had the most recent version right away but I remember the release build didn't work well with ATi cards(are any card at all).

DietRob

[Nintex] said:
I think the Patch should work, I bought it on steam so I had the most recent version right away but I remember the release build didn't work well with ATi cards(are any card at all).

I hope so! The patch is installing as I type. By the time I get done posting this message I should be able to try it out. I did check and the ATI card does have the most recent drivers already.

sohois

[Nintex] said:
Also try turning off AA, I'm running it with 2xAA at 30/40fps, while 4xAA got me 25/30fps.

You shouldn't have AA at all in Crysis, at least not standard AA.

Turn off AA completely in the menu and just turn on 2x edge AA.

DietRob

Updating to 1.2 did the trick I'm pulling 50+ fps with vsync enabled now. I should have been smart enough to realize that a almost 2 year old game would have some patches waiting for me. I guess I was just too excited to start playing.

Thanks for the help gaf.

DietRob

So I had the game running great ^^^ see post above. I played for about an hour again all smooth. I turned my pc off and went to dinner came back to play some more and AGAIN having the same issue as before I'm getting 5 FPS.

Please someone help me. I knew it was going to be a slippery slope going from nividia to ati. I soooo wanted to be wrong.

What can I do gaf? (for full info see the posts i've made just a little earlier)

Moussi

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, my first impressions of Warhead is.

HOLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY The game looks EVEN BETTTTTEEEEERRRR

Seiken said:
Well, my first impressions of Warhead is.

HOLLYYYYYYYYYYYYY The game looks EVEN BETTTTTEEEEERRRR

Some stuff does, some stuff doesn't...well the last level in crysis looks better than the last level in warhead... Overall crysis is the better game, but Warhead is a good expansion pack. The difference in production values are pretty large though. Cutscenes in warhead don't look that great, especially some of the character models.

The jungle level with the rain looks amazing, as do some of the later ice levels....train level has been surpassed in my opinion...by another game

Crysis is awesome though

Moussi

nelsonroyale said:
Some stuff does, some stuff doesn't...well the last level in crysis looks better than the last level in warhead... Overall crysis is the better game, but Warhead is a good expansion pack. The difference in production values are pretty large though. Cutscenes in warhead don't look that great, especially some of the character models.

The jungle level with the rain looks amazing, as do some of the later ice levels....train level has been surpassed in my opinion...by another game

Crysis is awesome though
haha yea. I thought the same thing. Train level is still badass in crysis though...

Hey all - I'm getting back into PC gaming (including Crysis), and I'm curious how to know what mouse/keyboard GAF uses for PC gaming from their couch.

I've got a wireless (blue tooth) mouse and keyboard, but I'm still having trouble getting comfortable. Is there a mat or stand or something that people use to make using a mouse/keyboard more usable?

Tzeentch

With a properly configured N52 pad you can roll with that one side and a mouse on the other and you're rocking. The cable length might be a problem though, depending on how far back your couch is.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
DayShallCome said:
Hey all - I'm getting back into PC gaming (including Crysis), and I'm curious how to know what mouse/keyboard GAF uses for PC gaming from their couch.

I've got a wireless (blue tooth) mouse and keyboard, but I'm still having trouble getting comfortable. Is there a mat or stand or something that people use to make using a mouse/keyboard more usable?

If I'm pc gaming from the couch I just use my 360 pad, but there is always this...

Tzeentch said:
With a properly configured N52 pad you can roll with that one side and a mouse on the other and you're rocking. The cable length might be a problem though, depending on how far back your couch is.

It's pretty far back - I don't think anything with wires will work.

The phantom keyboard looks promising. Anyone here have experience with it?

Yoshichan

Well I'm playing it for the second time on Delta and I'm stuck, wtf...?

I just met up with the doctor that freezes to death and now I'm battling the 5 power suit-enemies. I've killed them but it still says "Secure the area" etc, the helicopter won't come! I've loaded previous saves and everything!

HELP!!!!!!!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Seiken said:

I just met up with the doctor that freezes to death and now I'm battling the 5 power suit-enemies. I've killed them but it still says "Secure the area" etc, the helicopter won't come! I've loaded previous saves and everything!

HELP!!!!!!!

If they're all dead the vtol should show up. There must still be one hiding around out there, either that or the game bugged out. I've played through a dozen times on delta and that's never happened to me. :\

Zzoram

The fact that they never bothered to patch Crysis again after 1.2 is why I never bought it. Warhead I picked up because I figured it would have fixes that they should've put into a Crysis 1.3 patch, and luckily it worked without issue on my HD4870.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
You can always fly around with noclip if you are stuck, also if you open devmode I believe one hotkey takes you to the next check point.

Zzoram said:
The fact that they never bothered to patch Crysis again after 1.2 is why I never bought it. Warhead I picked up because I figured it would have fixes that they should've put into a Crysis 1.3 patch, and luckily it worked without issue on my HD4870.

Real disapointment when they announced that :( So much promise beforehand of lots of support, and there were still things that needed fixing up (DX10 reckoning crashing to hell).

Zzoram

Ogs said:
Real disapointment when they announced that :( So much promise beforehand of lots of support, and there were still things that needed fixing up (DX10 reckoning crashing to hell).

They sold over a million copies, made a profit, bitched about piracy, then abandonned support for their game. What a great developer.

They better get their act together for Crysis 2.

DieH@rd

Banned
Seiken said:

HELP!!!!!!!

Remove the silencer, and start shooting and making noise. Run around the cemetary and enemy will come.

Zzoram said:
They sold over a million copies, made a profit, bitched about piracy, then abandonned support for their game. What a great developer.

They better get their act together for Crysis 2.

Yup, pretty sure theyve reached 2 million now (they reported ages ago it was around 1.6/7 million sold). 2 million fans given the finger.

It annoyed me quite a bit there winging, when i heard it hold sold 1 million copies i thought it was a triumph. A game that most saw as only playable on the most expensive of rigs, a new IP, and PC only, still managed to sell that many, yet they bitched about it.

So looking at the Nanosuit 2.0 in the back of Game Informer... what the heck this is supposed to impress folks? Can't believe they are marketing the game this way when the suit looks no different, if anything it seems less complex looking and just simpler overall.

Dennis

Banned
c32maz.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
c32maz.jpg

What are you using to get that? I played through on all max but I wanna play w/ whatever patch/settings get you that.

Top Bottom