• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

Zozobra said:
Super late to the party here. I wasn't really feeling this game when I bought it on Steam a while back, but I tried it out again the other day and I am having a blast! I think it was a matter of figuring out how the suit works and how necessary it is (at least for me) to be switching modes often as the situation requires.

I generally play the silent killer role on delta. I change suit powers 2-3 times per kill.

Cloak ­(sneak up) - Armour (kill baddies with gun) - Cloak (sneak away). Do those suit changes and kill all with in a second or two. Big satisfaction.

If I`m playing on Medium I`ll just go rambo and smash the place apart.

Dennis

Banned
Delta is a must.

Favorite tactic: Stealth sneak up to first enemy and headshot with silenced weapon. Strength, then toss dead enemy into his buddies. Mayhem.

Also sometimes I try a complete Stealth approach - at least as much as the game allows.

Darkatomz

Right.

Well, it's been about 2 years since I last played the Crysis games (got sick of the shitty framerate with a Q6600/8800GTS640mb), so I have absolutely no idea what's the best new mod for visuals anymore.

So now I got a i7 950/6870, and I've feeling it's time for a revisit. In terms of mods, I'm just looking for something that will make the game look and run better without fundamentally changing what Crysis is. I peeked around real quick, and Extreme Quality 1.34 might be what I'm looking for? But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Oh, I also came across CCC 1.31 and HP 1.31 that I remember back in the old days. These still viable choices?

[HP]

Darkatomz said:
Right.

Well, it's been about 2 years since I last played the Crysis games (got sick of the shitty framerate with a Q6600/8800GTS640mb), so I have absolutely no idea what's the best new mod for visuals anymore.

So now I got a i7 950/6870, and I've feeling it's time for a revisit. In terms of mods, I'm just looking for something that will make the game look and run better without fundamentally changing what Crysis is. I peeked around real quick, and Extreme Quality 1.34 might be what I'm looking for? But if anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Oh, I also came across CCC 1.31 and HP 1.31 that I remember back in the old days. These still viable choices?

Yep, think so. I think there's a cubans config too, but I never got around to test it.

lol at that glitch

KAL2006

Banned
Just started up this game, can someone tell me the best settings to use, optimal settings changes everything to High, but can't I change some things to Very High, what about AA and etc.

My specs are
1920x1080 @ 60Hz monitor
HD4810 1GB
Phenom II 2 X3 720 2.8GHz AM3 6MB L3
4GB RAM

KAL2006 said:
Just started up this game, can someone tell me the best settings to use, optimal settings changes everything to High, but can't I change some things to Very High, what about AA and etc.

My specs are
1920x1080 @ 60Hz monitor
HD4810 1GB
Phenom II 2 X3 720 2.8GHz AM3 6MB L3
4GB RAM

Personally i would use High @ 1080p - No AA, are you on XP ?

KAL2006

Banned
Ogs said:
Personally i would use High @ 1080p - No AA, are you on XP ?

No I am on Windows 7 64Bit

EDIT: I think I will do what you said, and stick to High settings, I hate not being able to put the settings on max though, this is the first game I will not play on max settings.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
AHHHHHH this game is fucking awesome!!!

I am playing it for the first time now and it is INCREDIBLE. First of all you have the graphics, which shit on everything from great height, including great height. Then you have the sound, which is also incredible. And the music too. The weapons, of course, are fantastic. The shotgun is like BOOOM BITCH BOOOM every time you use it and the grenades feel awesome. The suit powers are all very cool and useful. You feel heavy when you play the game. Unless you feel fast, and then you feel light. But damn if you don't ever feel powerful as motherlivingcrap.

I just played to the part where
Prophet gets abducted
and the fight in the woods against the Korean patrol was AWESOME. I felt like I was being hunted. But it was okay, because I'm badass with my shotgun going BOOOOOOOM.

I love how you have so much freedom to explore and look around this pretty world for stuff to do.

I don't know how anyone can ever go back to boring corridor runners churned out like sausage in a factory after this modern marvel. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

LCGeek

formerly sane
Y2Kev said:

I am playing it for the first time now and it is INCREDIBLE. First of all you have the graphics, which shit on everything from great height, including great height. Then you have the sound, which is also incredible. And the music too. The weapons, of course, are fantastic. The shotgun is like BOOOM BITCH BOOOM every time you use it and the grenades feel awesome. The suit powers are all very cool and useful. You feel heavy when you play the game. Unless you feel fast, and then you feel light. But damn if you don't ever feel powerful as motherlivingcrap.

Prophet gets abducted
and the fight in the woods against the Korean patrol was AWESOME. I felt like I was being hunted. But it was okay, because I'm badass with my shotgun going BOOOOOOOM.

I love how you have so much freedom to explore and look around this pretty world for stuff to do.

I don't know how anyone can ever go back to boring corridor runners churned out like sausage in a factory after this modern marvel. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

The village fight with the tanks is after that part. The game really hits a sweet spot I'm on 4th run through atm in between this and HON. Just got a hdmi cable for christmas and love how this game pops.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
^Nice impressions.

Welcome to being disappointed with every typical console FPS, form here on out.

Wallach

You really might as well play on Delta. The crosshair isn't particularly useful and the game isn't significantly harder (in some ways I feel like it's easier to actually get kills), just more interesting enemy AI/response.

Y2Kev said:

Prophet gets abducted

Freeform combat is oh so much fun, the gameplay is fantastic because what you get from it is directly proportional to what you put into it. If you're a boring person you have a boring gameplay experience, if you are tactically creative then you have an absolute blast.

Y2Kev

LCGeek said:
The village fight with the tanks is after that part. The game really hits a sweet spot I'm on 4th run through atm in between this and HON. Just got a hdmi cable for christmas and love how this game pops.
I have already fought 2 tanks in the village with the school. I think it comes before.

And it's true that freeform gameplay is fun, but the core pieces here are SO AMAZING. If this game had Mass Effect 2's weapons then who would give a shit. Instead you get FEAR's weapons.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Y2Kev said:
Yes.
Wait till you get to some of the levels after that :D

Don't be afraid to foot it out later on either, or try multiple pathways.

Wallach

Y2Kev said:
I have already fought 2 tanks in the village with the school. I think it comes before.

And it's true that freeform gameplay is fun, but the core pieces here are SO AMAZING. If this game had Mass Effect 2's weapons then who would give a shit. Instead you get FEAR's weapons.

Have they given you a new weapon yet? Fuckin' thing is amazing. MAXIMUM entertainment value.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Y2Kev said:
Shame the sequel had to die for our console sins.

Jesus Crysis indeed.
Grab the Intel SP map pack as well. Maps like Airfield, and at least 3 others are pretty damn nice.

I am a new owner thanks to Steam, I am loving this game just got to Assault, the combat is great, gameplay freedom is awesome, and taking down a chopper with a grenade launcher is so rewarding,

~Kinggi~

Banned
Y2Kev said:

Prophet gets abducted

Yeah now imagine playing this shit on max years ago like i did. Shit was bonkers.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Y2Kev said:

Jesus Crysis indeed.
Im really interested to see just how the sequel turns out. Whether it feels like a worthy followup on nthe PC or a game actually dumbed down in both visuals and gameplay cause of the consoles.
I really hope the PC version shines and gets the master race everywhere to actually want to upgrade their hardware again.

The last reason i had to upgrade my machine was to play Crysis 1 and Diablo 3 was just announced.

Y2Kev

I'm out of the dome. It's really incredible how the game seems to almost know where I'm going on the map. It is always presenting me with little skirmishes and interesting topography.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I'm playing this now on my 6950 2 gigs and this game still can't sustain 30 fps on the Ice level on very high, 1920, 4X AA. 4 years later. Just wow.

But it looks incredible. It was so ahead of its time in graphics department that I might forgive Crytek.

also Metro 2033 in DX11 with tesselation on and with very high enabled looks just as good and even more detailed sometimes. it's basically a scripted corridor shooter though.

Dreohboy

Y2Kev said:

Jesus Crysis indeed.

It will be a great game, yet for different reasons.

The only FPS this side of DOOM that I will have finished. Cannot wait for #2

I'm finally able to max the game out at 45+FPS and I'm enjoying the game much more than I did back when I was forcing my card to churn the best graphics it could at 25ishFPS. :lol

It's so much easier to chain powers together now. Speed to strength jump to FALCON PUNCH is always a winner in my book. :D

subversus

Revolutionary said:
I'm finally able to max the game out at 45+FPS and I'm enjoying the game much more than I did back when I was forcing my card to churn the best graphics it could at 25ishFPS. :lol

what card(s) do you use?

DieH@rd

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I'm out of the dome. It's really incredible how the game seems to almost know where I'm going on the map. It is always presenting me with little skirmishes and interesting topography.

I really cant wait to read your thoughts when you reach the tank battle part. I nearly shat my pants from excitement the first time i saw the mountain
crumbling. Also graphic in the area before you entered spaceship was jaw dropping IMO

Crysis > all.

subversus

Revolutionary said:
One 6970 @ 1680x1050. It has it's drops when there's an insane amount of stuff going on but it's hovering around 45 for the most part.

any AA involved?

but yeah, at this res 45 fps is possible.

Top Bottom