• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis |OT| Big Screens, Comfy Couches and 5.1 surround sound

At least my arrow keys make more sense than that. :D

I really do love my keyboard controls though. My brother used to say it would never work for "hardcore" games and I kicked his ass all the time at counter-strike using them :lol

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Also I remember Red Scarlet was using right mouse button for movement in L4D. Now that's strange.

Dennis

Banned
I grew up using arrow keys for PC gaming. Then all of a sudden there was this shift to WASD. So that what I use now.

shintoki said:
Odd question, do I ever get more powerful? I want to jump mountains >_>

Technically no, but the glory of PC gaming means you can make it that way! For example, I once made it possible to have infinite speed ability, and it was fast enough that I could run and then jump the entire bay right at the opening of the first level. If I hit a tree while running that fast...well, let's just say I reloaded a lot before I simply decided to stop sprinting in the forest.

Go into one of the difficulty settings that you don't use (probably easy or hard. Most people play on either Normal or Delta): steam-steamapps-common-crysis-game-config, then diff_easy (or normal/hard/bauer). Open with notepad.

Now, I would recommend copying everything in there and pasting it into a new file, so that you can always just restore it back to the original settings at some later point. Now start playing around! Here's the lines you want to change around, and two examples:

-- Player Health/Energy/Suit
g_suitCloakEnergyDrainAdjuster = 1
g_suitRecoilEnergyCost = 7
g_suitSpeedEnergyConsumption = 110
g_suitSpeedMult = 1.85

g_suitArmorHealthValue = 100.0
g_playerSuitArmorModeHealthRegenTime = 15
g_playerSuitArmorModeHealthRegenTimeMoving = 25
g_playerSuitHealthRegenTime = 30
g_playerSuitHealthRegenTimeMoving = 35
g_playerSuitHealthRegenDelay = 2.5

g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTimeArmor = 6
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTimeArmorMoving = 7
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeTime = 8
g_playerSuitEnergyRechargeDelay = 1.0

g_playerHealthValue = 200.0

g_difficultyLevel = 3
v_driverControlledMountedGuns = 0

Try things like:
g_suitSpeedMult = 3.00
g_suitArmorHealthValue = 500.0
etc.

Not sure which one is strength mode to let you jump higher, but speed with a hill/ramp or dolphin jumping out of water will make you fly.
Tweak things around and make yourself into a GOD! Then just set a new game up and select the appropriate game difficulty that you changed things around in.

Alright guys my EVGA GTX 460 just got in today and I am ready to finally play Crysis the way it was meant to. Any mods or things I should add before I start my run-through?

I finally got around to playing the end of this game after putting it down a year or so ago. That was one of the most broken boss battles I've ever encountered.

Before you go onto the flight deck to take out the 2 bosses you're told to go get the Tac Gun from the armory. I got turned around and walked onto the flight deck by accident. They blow up the door behind me, so I assumed I missed out on a cool gun but I would be able to use rockets or something on the boss. I beat the first boss and take out the turrets on the second. For the next 45 minutes I'm running around the deck listening to that lady yell 'use the Tac Gun!' over and over in my ear and trying to find one lying around or figure out how to get back inside to pick up the one in the armory. Finally I give up and google the answer only to find that the only thing you can do is reload to before you get to the flight deck. I reload, find the Tac Gun and beat the first boss. I blow up the turrets on the second boss and spend an eternity listening to the lady yell at me to lock onto the boss with the Tac Gun, but I can't get it to do anything. Finally I go back to google and find that it's possible to blow the turrets up before the game registers them as objects, so the first turret I blew up is registered as still there even though it is destroyed, and the only solution is to reload to before the boss battle again.

I haven't gotten stuck in a game because I didn't pick up an item earlier since one of the Space Quest games.

"NOMAD! USE THE TAC GUN! NOMAD! USE THE TAC GUN! NOMAD! USE THE TAC GUN!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
DennisK4 said:
I grew up using arrow keys for PC gaming. Then all of a sudden there was this shift to WASD. So that what I use now.

Same here, there was a time I was still using arrow keys in CS Beta and using space bar to jump still, looking back I have no idea how I was able to play like. :lol

CaptainAhab said:
I finally got around to playing the end of this game after putting it down a year or so ago. That was one of the most broken boss battles I've ever encountered.

Before you go onto the flight deck to take out the 2 bosses you're told to go get the Tac Gun from the armory. I got turned around and walked onto the flight deck by accident. They blow up the door behind me, so I assumed I missed out on a cool gun but I would be able to use rockets or something on the boss. I beat the first boss and take out the turrets on the second. For the next 45 minutes I'm running around the deck listening to that lady yell 'use the Tac Gun!' over and over in my ear and trying to find one lying around or figure out how to get back inside to pick up the one in the armory. Finally I give up and google the answer only to find that the only thing you can do is reload to before you get to the flight deck. I reload, find the Tac Gun and beat the first boss. I blow up the turrets on the second boss and spend an eternity listening to the lady yell at me to lock onto the boss with the Tac Gun, but I can't get it to do anything. Finally I go back to google and find that it's possible to blow the turrets up before the game registers them as objects, so the first turret I blew up is registered as still there even though it is destroyed, and the only solution is to reload to before the boss battle again.

I haven't gotten stuck in a game because I didn't pick up an item earlier since one of the Space Quest games.

"NOMAD! USE THE TAC GUN! NOMAD! USE THE TAC GUN! NOMAD! USE THE TAC GUN!

I got all the way to this part in the game to fight the
first huge walking thing on the flight deck and the boss is glitched to hell and back, it's either flying in the air or actually in the ship, wtf. I tried loading from different saves and each time its glitched like crazy, gave up and started playing WarHead

TheExodu5

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Try the arrows for movement, right ctrl for duck, right shift for jump, enter for use, delete for reload, numpad 0 for run, backspace to drop weapon, pagedown for grenades and whatever else you find easy to reach.

I've been doing PC gaming for over a decade and I've always used this for FPS. I cannot use WASD to save my life. Many people would say this is a retarded way, but I'm very competitive in all FPS games I play online, so there's no real difference. You might find it works for you!

There's a huge difference if ever you want to play a game like WoW.

I use WASD for movement, and have abilities hotkeyed to:

12345 QERTFGX
Shift 12345 QERTFGX
Ctrl 12345 QERTFGX

Dennis

Banned
Ogs said:
Found this on the GameTrailers forum, not sure if this information was ever posted -

Crysis, Warhead, Far Cry sales numbers from Crytek

It links to a PDF with Cryteks view on the future (date on the PDF is 26.05.2010), it shows Crysis sold 3+ million, Warhead 1.5 million and Far Cry 2.5 million.
Yes, Crysis is a huge franchise now. Enough with all that 'it didn't sell' bullshit.

CryTek seems to be doing alright...

Kayhan said:
Holy shit, CryTek is HUUUGE

DennisK4 said:

I used arrow keys until not long ago. I finally gave in a few years ago because there just aren't enough other keys surrounding them. Numpad 0 for reload, right ctrl to crouch, common weapons on Numpad 1 and 4. To this day, I still use middle mouse button for jumping. Before arrow keys, I used the numpad for movement. That transition was bad enough.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
BruceLeeRoy said:
Alright guys my EVGA GTX 460 just got in today and I am ready to finally play Crysis the way it was meant to. Any mods or things I should add before I start my run-through?
HP 1.3.1 or 'Very High' .cfgs is what I like
Mster is a tad darker / orange

Ydahs

Well shit. Just tried booting up Crysis and only a black screen comes up. Can't ALT+TAB out, but ALT+CTRL+DEL works and the game appears to be crashing on load.

Gonna try to update my graphic card's driver. Hopefully that works :(

EDIT: After downloading the six gigs, crashing on load and now restarting my PC, Steam is telling me I have another 1.6 gigs to download?!

Salsa

Just finished this for the first time ever

man the framerate went crazy during the ending :lol

Really liked the game, dont really know why i didnt played it before..

REV 09

Just finished Warhead. I liked it more than Crysis. The story in Crysis was better, but Warhead felt more like a game to me. The enemies and encounters were more varied. I also thought the music was better. I would rate both games a 4/5. Well worth the $10 on Steam.

dangeROSS

Picked this game up during the Steam sale over the holidays. I really like it so far. I just got out of the mountain and started the snow level. But I want to take my time and savor this game. I enjoyed aspects of Farcry 2, and I can see the similarities in this game to an extent. I like planning out how I am going to approach conflicts, and being all sneaky. And I think the way the storyline has been presented so far is well done. This game has really really impressed me and I wish I could have had the chance to play it sooner. And I am very excited for Crysis 2 now.

I'm a relative Computer Gaming noob, but I'm taking baby steps with the Left 4 Dead Series, and now this. I'm still playing it with a controller. I have to admit it makes it difficult to aim, but I feel so much more comfortable with it. Perhaps if I get one of those keyboard/gamepad hybirds I've seen I can make the transition. I'm not really comfortable using the keyboard at this point. Although I did play Quake 3 Arena back in the day now that I think about it. But it seems that ability has left me.

Apath

DieH@rd said:
Radeon 5550 is really really really low preforming graphic card. You might wanna consider upgrading.
Derp, meant 5770. And it runs everything smoothly even at max settings.

Ydahs

After installing the update Crysis is still crashing on load (black screen, nothing else) :(

Direct X and graphics card fully updated. Please don't tell me it's a 64-bit error? Company of Heroes is already unplayable from crashes due to 64-bit.

dangeROSS said:
Picked this game up during the Steam sale over the holidays. I really like it so far. I just got out of the mountain and started the snow level. But I want to take my time and savor this game. I enjoyed aspects of Farcry 2, and I can see the similarities in this game to an extent. I like planning out how I am going to approach conflicts, and being all sneaky. And I think the way the storyline has been presented so far is well done. This game has really really impressed me and I wish I could have had the chance to play it sooner. And I am very excited for Crysis 2 now.

I'm a relative Computer Gaming noob, but I'm taking baby steps with the Left 4 Dead Series, and now this. I'm still playing it with a controller. I have to admit it makes it difficult to aim, but I feel so much more comfortable with it. Perhaps if I get one of those keyboard/gamepad hybirds I've seen I can make the transition. I'm not really comfortable using the keyboard at this point. Although I did play Quake 3 Arena back in the day now that I think about it. But it seems that ability has left me.

Best game to learn mouse and keyboard with is Team Fortress 2. Play a medic or heavy. Medic just follows guys around and holds down the shoot button to heal them, you'll get a good
feel for movement and aiming since you have to be pointed in roughly the right direction, but it doesn't have to be precise. Heavy moves slow enough that walking and aiming at the same time isn't too difficult, especially once you're in combat and the chaingun is spinning. And he puts so many bullets in the air that you're bound to hit something. Sure, you wont be the best player on your team, but you'll get a feel for using the kb/m very quickly.

But don't feel bad! My first playthrough of Crysis was on a 360 pad as well, for the same reasons (first PC game I played other than like Command and Conquer back in the 90s). It just takes getting used to.

REV 09 said:
Just finished Warhead. I liked it more than Crysis. The story in Crysis was better, but Warhead felt more like a game to me. The enemies and encounters were more varied. I also thought the music was better. I would rate both games a 4/5. Well worth the $10 on Steam.

Agreed. I haven't finished either yet, but have played much more of Crysis than Warhead so far, and the little I've played of Warhead, I enjoyed it much more. I'm going to finish Crysis first before playing anymore of Warhead.

ChryZ

Ydahs said:
After installing the update Crysis is still crashing on load (black screen, nothing else) :(

Direct X and graphics card fully updated. Please don't tell me it's a 64-bit error? Company of Heroes is already unplayable from crashes due to 64-bit.
Win7 64bit here, the game runs without any issues for me.

Haeleos

This game does not get along with AVG 2011. I had to disable the resident shield to get it to stop crashing every time I changed something in a menu.

Ydahs

Haeleos said:
This game does not get along with AVG 2011. I had to disable the resident shield to get it to stop crashing every time I changed something in a menu.
Completely disabled it, issue still present.

Anyone try both the 32 bit and 62 bit versions of Crysis? I get much better frame rates with the 32 bit version. What kind of performance are you guys getting with both versions?

Peterthumpa

nextgeneration said:
Anyone try both the 32 bit and 62 bit versions of Crysis? I get much better frame rates with the 32 bit version. What kind of performance are you guys getting with both versions?
Wut? "Much better"? Gotta test this.

Also, Warhead I suppose? The original Crysis has no 64 bit executable.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ydahs said:

Tried running in directx 9 mode?

REV 09 said:

Same here. I got mocked for having that opinion though.

Ydahs

poppabk said:
Tried running in directx 9 mode?
I actually just found this solution on the EA forums. It worked :D

Now, am I missing out on any effects running it in this mode? Regardless, the five minutes I played looked great (well, as good as it'll look with my shitty monitor).

felipepl said:
Wut? "Much better"? Gotta test this.

Also, Warhead I suppose? The original Crysis has no 64 bit executable.

Yeah, I'm talking about the original Crysis here that I got from Steam. The Steam version is indeed 32 bit, but there's a workaround to make it run the 64 bit version. More can be found here:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1221787

It's weird because people are reporting different results. Some say the 64 bit version runs better but some say the 32 bit version runs better. For me, the 32 bit version runs much better than the 64 bit.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Ydahs said:
I actually just found this solution on the EA forums. It worked :D

Now, am I missing out on any effects running it in this mode? Regardless, the five minutes I played looked great (well, as good as it'll look with my shitty monitor).
You are missing out on the directx10 effects which are fairly minor, but I believe that you can activate most of them in directx9 if you do some digging. My computer was no way powerful enough for me to bother with the higher settings anyway though, so I didn't look any further into it.
You can see the differences here:
http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_5.html

dLMN8R

It's also interesting to note that 3+ million for Crysis means that it's competitive with Far Cry 2, which was at 2.9 million about a year ago.

So in other words, a PC exclusive game that was apparently killed by piracy, has sold about as much as Far Cry 2, a game that was released on 3 different platforms, to the same audience.

ZZMitch

Decided to give this game a try (after just playing some Half Life 1 :D ) and played for a bit, it is really fun!

I am runnng it at 1920x1080 with a mixture of high and very high settings. Looks amazing.

Running it on a GtX 460 1G, Core i5-760 and 4gigs ram.

While playing, the game looked really nice, so just for kicks I decided to give it a try with Fraps... it was 25-35fps mostly in the jungle. Crytek really did a nice job making the game feel smooth even at 25fps or so, I mean I really couldn't tell at all, it still seemed smooth.

Great work, really

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Put in about 2 and a half hours so far. (Bought the Collection on Steam Sale, Thanks again .Nimrod). So far it's been my most played for it. I have to say, it's been wonderful. The levels are just so bloody massive. And I love how I can basically do whatever the heck I want. I've been mainly going with Stealth. But at the same time, I've done some other great things. I turned on strength and threw a trash can in the middle. All the guards gather where it landed and I took them out with a single grenade :lol

Since this thread has been resurrected here's a mod to keep an eye on:

Russia 2028

forest_by_trainfender-d34uxks.jpg

screen34k.jpg

screen28hires.jpg

screen25s.jpg

screen29o.jpg

screen13cj.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic9.jpg

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Nice, those Russia 2028 shots look nice. Are they bullshots? I've just never seen foliage in Crysis with good AA like in that first picture... Crysis was game of the year for me when it came out, but the lack of AA on the foliage did bother me (not enough to take the enjoyment out of the game though obviously because it was my goty).

Top Bottom