• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

Cube World [OT] Who ever said the world was a sphere?

bizarro-world.jpg

kvothe

Really surprised they haven't been able to fix things up by now.

...Guess they just really don't want my money....
loljk, they'll still get it.

ZenVolta

TwinDuct I dont think its Wollays place to give out the game to people that havent had the best run in life. But I do think that if out of the kindness of your heart wanted to buy him a copy of the game then that would be fine.

Rootbeer

Banned
Man I really want this :| Jut woke up hoping I could buy it. Tech demo ran like butter. At $20 it's a no brainer for me if it intends to follow the minecraft model... we should see years of updates. Even if some end up being paid updates/expansions, it should be more than worth it.

Holy... seriously? o.o I will never understand this attitude I mean people waited 2 years for it but they can't wait 1-2 more days? :/

People, particularly paying customers, don't like it when this kind of stuff happens. It can permanently scar the reputation of a game and the company behind it. See: Diablo 3.

Aaron

People, particularly paying customers, don't like it when this kind of stuff happens. It can permanently scar the reputation of a game and the company behind it. See: Diablo 3.
Is this sarcasm? Diablo 3 is one of the best selling PC games of all time.

xJavonta

Banned

What? They bought it and then realized the server problems it was having when they started the game.

I'm one of those fucking people.

But this isn't the same. They didn't buy the game yet in this case.

VandalD

I don't think it's that serious. As much as I want to buy and play the game, I'm not locked out of a game I've already paid for. Technically I'm not even a paying customer yet.

eorl

Banned
Been waiting three years for this game since I discovered it in 2011 on Wollay's blog. From everything I've seen, I have very big hopes that this will most likely be another big hit like other indie titles, and will fill my game time substantially.

Can not wait, bring on the shop!

ZenVolta

Does the game have controller support?

I heard it does. But you cant make a character with it plugged in. But plugging it in afterwards works.

If anyone wants to know what pets need to be tamed.
Sheep = cotton candy
Collies = gum
Hornets(bees?) = popcorn
Moles =chocolate doughnuts
Plainrunners = milk chocolate bars
Desertrunners = caramel chocolate bars
Snowrunners = white chocolate bars
Bunnys = carrots
Bats = mango juice
Pigs = muffins
Spoilered just in case you wanna find them out for yourself.

Which is irrelevant, because the point was about the permanent scar left on the face of the game and Blizzard after 10 million people bought it in the first week. I'm not sure what planet you've been living on that everyone didn't hate Diablo 3, with much of it being attributed to that initial fuckup.

And no, we haven't paid for this game yet, but people don't forget and forgive easily, and the line between prospective customer and customer is thin.

eorl

Banned
I heard it does. But you cant make a character with it plugged in. But plugging it in afterwards works.

If anyone wants to know what pets need to be tamed.
Sheep = cotton candy
Collies = gum
Hornets(bees?) = popcorn
Moles =chocolate doughnuts
Plainrunners = milk chocolate bars
Desertrunners = caramel chocolate bars
Snowrunners = white chocolate bars
Bunnys = carrots
Bats = mango juice
Pigs = muffins
Spoilered just in case you wanna find them out for yourself.
I tamed a
Dog with a waffle
so it might be somewhat random.

Aaron

Which is irrelevant, because the point was about the permanent scar left on the face of the game and Blizzard after 10 million people bought it in the first week. I'm not sure what planet you've been living on that everyone didn't hate Diablo 3, with much of it being attributed to that initial fuckup.
I live in the world outside neogaf that either didn't notice or didn't care about the problems. All of those sales weren't in the first week. Let's not be crazy. In actual reality, the server problems had very little impact on Diablo 3 sales or the take Blizzard got from its auction house.

Twinduct

One is a AAA title that people pre-ordered for $60 and couldn't play due to server issues.
One is a two person operation that didn't have any pre-orders that closed the store when he realized he would have server problems.

Completely comparable.

Twinduct

Eh? I didnt see anything on twitter or the site. Did something happen?

Well he made a few tweets which atleast shows us he's not dead yet :p
But he released a new launcher that changes the way the game updates as the older technique was too taxing for the server.

eorl

Banned
Iv seen 3 types of dogs. Collie, Scottish Terrier, german shepherd. Maybe they all use different things.
I've got a Terrier it seems, so have a feeling that was their choice of delicious treats.

Note to self, DO NOT try to take down an ogre at level 2. It just does not work.

I just know this will become available to buy again as soon as I leave for work on Friday night. I would love them to fix it today though.

Stoze

Damn, I thought my MacBook Pro would be able to handle this, but when running the mini demo it starts at 60FPS with minimal draw distance and then ends up at like 24 and below. Hopefully there's some good graphical options and lower resolutions to choose from, otherwise I probably won't buy it.

Damn, I thought my MacBook Pro would be able to handle this, but when running the mini demo it starts at 60FPS with minimal draw distance and then ends up at like 24 and below. Hopefully there's some good graphical options and lower resolutions to choose from, otherwise I probably won't buy it.

What MBP is it? Bootcamp?

Rootbeer

Banned
My PC will be able to run 60FPS+ pretty much at all times. I do have a MBP 2010 though, it probably will struggle some. Hoping to get a 2013 MBP soon though... whenever they are announced >.<

Mognet

Those are all. AA goes up to 4x
o4DWOEo.jpg

this'll give you an idea of what to expect

Morokh

Woah ! seriously ?

Let me picture it for you : it is an indie game, and it is available in ALPHA phase.

if you expect it to work flawlessly, you're just crazy ! and even more for comparing it to D3.

tsumineko

Woah ! seriously ?

Let me picture it for you : it is an indie game, and it is available in ALPHA phase.

if you expect it to work flawlessly, you're just crazy ! and even more for comparing it to D3.

Yep yep, absolutely.

You're paying a cheaper price now for a game that will be finished later on.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Was the dev mentioning when its supposed to be purchaseable again?

Top Bottom