• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cube World |OT| Who ever said the world was a sphere?

tsumineko

Is anyone else having trouble updating the game? I keep getting disconnected from the server.

Edit: Never mind, updated!

Atruvius

Store page is back up again.

Shame the store only accepts paypal. Someone had made a paypal account with my email address and now the email is blacklisted by paypal. :(
Would buy the game if you could use Google Wallet to pay.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just got in, seem to be doing no damage to monsters while they're fucking me up :lol

I updated the OT with the store-link and also controller-support info! It's a bummer that they only accept PayPal since I don't have it and all my PayPal having friends still aren't online, get on your PCs people! D:

Glasswork

jNZxHCP.png

Fucking wonderful...

Tried it 4 times now, more waiting I guess, damn.

Rootbeer

Banned
sigh, paypal... well i used paypal.com's option to just use a credit card... i don't know why paypal makes it so hard to use them, you have to go through so many hoops to verify all kinds of shit. I've already verified my bank account through them years ago (which has never changed) and now I have to verify a phone # that IS ASSOCIATED WITH BOTH MY NAME AND ADDRESS... something i think is highly unreasonable. I am in-between cellphones right now (long story... shared a plan with someone and it didn't work out) so I am pretty much fucked in that area...

at least i have the game now!
I've bought it but haven't recieved my auth code yet. Actually, should i expect one?
Were you signed into their website before you purchased? it should be in your "my games" section of their website now

itxaka

Defeatist
Got it to download and update, kind of lost in the game as there is nothing that tells you anything to do. Any wiki out there?

sigh, paypal... well i used paypal.com's option to just use a credit card... i don't know why paypal makes it so hard to use them, you have to go through so many hoops to verify all kinds of shit. I've already verified my bank account through them years ago (which has never changed) and now I have to verify a phone # that IS ASSOCIATED WITH BOTH MY NAME AND ADDRESS... something i think is highly unreasonable. I am in-between cellphones right now (long story... shared a plan with someone and it didn't work out) so I am pretty much fucked in that area...

at least i have the game now!

Were you signed into their website before you purchased? it should be in your "my games" section of their website now

Oh yes, it's there in "My Games" and i have downloaded it! Yay!
It's just there's a button "Activate Game Key" that i don't want to press just yet as i'm at work and i wondered if it would ask for a key i haven't received yet.

If it just enables the game then i'm happy to wait to get home :)

Got it to download and update, kind of lost in the game as there is nothing that tells you anything to do. Any wiki out there?
There's different board on their forum for different classes etc but i don't know of a wiki as such yet. Maybe now it's in alpha the closed beta wiki may be opened up. If there is one! :)

Uiki

Has anyone manage to play with the xbox360 controller?

I already create my character but if i plug in the controller, nothing happens.

Holy crap, just tried it out quickly and almost got murdered twice. I gotta head to work like the rest of you jobbers now though.

So my daughter loves der Meinkroften. Particularly the "creative mode".

I know this is Alpha (barely alpha) but I'm wondering if this is something a seven year old might like?

How much platforming is there?

Are the worlds procedurally generated?

Is there terraforming and building and such?

Ryan_

I know this is Alpha (barely alpha) but I'm wondering if this is something a seven year old might like?

As far as I know and have seen, there is no real terraforming. The emphasis is not on building since the only buildings you ca build are built via blueprints and as such, pre-configured.
The emphasis in this game is more on the combat, leveling, getting better gear and exploring dungeons, doing missions.
The worlds are procedurally generated but besides that and the fact that the world also looks kinda cube-ish, it doesn't have that much in common with Minecraft.

ys45

Damn the quest bosses are hard to solo -_-

My gear % is 100 i am lvl 4 and the bosses i tried to killed are destroying me, the first one i was not doing enough damage so i had to run and the second one i was doing okay dmg but he was stunning me each hit so he got me .

Il grind some more to lvl 5 till i get my stealth skill maybe that will give me more way to deal with encounters .

As far as I know and have seen, there is no real terraforming. The emphasis is not on building since the only buildings you ca build are built via blueprints and as such, pre-configured.
The emphasis in this game is more on the combat, leveling, getting better gear and exploring dungeons, doing missions.
The worlds are procedurally generated but besides that and the fact that the world also looks kinda cube-ish, it doesn't have that much in common with Minecraft.

Much obliged.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

lol

Well it's had a little progress but this should be on Steam. I think I would have bought it already if it was on he early access program. They're losing some sales in my opinion as I don't have money to burn other than a little bit of Steam funds.

Whooo I finally have my copy! :D It works rock-solid for me at 60fps the only bummer being my 360 pad not working and there being no music D: Otherwise it's fun so far! :)

eorl

Banned

You will find that the only similarity to Minecraft that Cube World has is the voxel design. There is no digging up blocks, but they can be destroyed through bombs and certain boss monsters. Your daughter might not enjoy it because Cube World has a very big emphasis on adventuring and exploring.

You'll die, lots. Think of CW as a open-world Legend of Zelda with a slight touch of Diablo-style action and looting and then add a whole bunch of customisation to weapons and armour. Also sprinkle in some very large worlds full of creatures and there you have it.
lol

Well it's had a little progress but this should be on Steam. I think I would have bought it already if it was on he early access program. They're losing some sales in my opinion as I don't have money to burn other than a little bit of Steam funds.
Not to sound at all rude, but have you ever thought that maybe indie titles don't necessarily need Steam. Wollay has been working on this for a little over three years now, I'm sure he has thought about putting it on Steam and probably will in the future. But for now I think its fair to hand it out via his website, even with the downtime its still a good idea.

Holy... is it just me or is this game insanely hard? :eek: I can hardly beat a bat as a warrior but I'm still willing to push through! :p

OK thought I would give this a chance since I kinda liked the look of it. As others have said there is no building in this game it is an exploration and combat adventure (with crafting weapons and potions).

First thoughts are that it is a gorgeous lovely world. I fired the game up in fullscreen 1080p and switched on my Nvidia 3D glasses and the world looks fantastic in 3D which is a nice bonus (framerate usually hovers around 100fps with odd dips down to 80fps). I can really see me spending a lot of time just walking around the world trying to find new stuff.

The negatives so far are to be "expected" the combat seem to be hella difficult (especially for a novice such as me) and actually finding out what you are meant to do is difficult no doubt a tutorial will surface when the game gets out of alpha/beta.

Overall I am loving it though as an alpha it is very polished and the guy behind this deserves all the success he can get.

Oh and I found a castle and died after finding it :-

page stretcher said:

it's their counter to the 360/xbone minecraft

No it isn't this is nothing like minecraft it only looks like it on the surface. This game is a pure exploration, combat adventure game whereas Minecraft is more a builder game with the shittiest combat and survival model they could possibly implement. The two are completely different and this comes from a huge minecraft fan.

ys45

Holy... is it just me or is this game insanely hard? :eek: I can hardly beat a bat as a warrior but I'm still willing to push through! :p

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one :p

But i guess that's the problem with generated world, i find red monster on the starting area but yesterday i found a canyon full of undead monster my lvl (blue/orange) so i grinded away !

You just need to find the good area for your current lvl .

Top Bottom