• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

Steel

Banned
Chapter 5 spoiler:

So yeah, just noticed something interesting when Nagito visited the group at the stalls after exploring the last island. It's actually something that bothered me about his name from the beginning: Nagito Komaeda's name and Makoto Nagi's name have all their letters in common except the e and the d in Komaeda's. Otherwise it's just a rearrangement of the word, which is odd considering the name itself is Japanese.

Been thinking all along that Nagito is Makoto, so I could have some confirmation bias.

Ah I see. Yeah just figured it out. Forgot to hit triangle every time in the end. -_-

...I hate it when games like this make me feel so stupid. XD

No problem, happens to everyone. In the improved Hangman's gambit section for awhile, I kept hitting x to try to put the letter in the word, and couldn't figure out how to actually use the letters I combined.

What am I supposed to spend all my coins on?

I'm just spending them one by one with the tree in the beach. Is there a list of stuff characters like or events I can trigger with them?

pariah164

I'm just spending them one by one with the tree in the beach. Is there a list of stuff characters like or events I can trigger with them?
Yep. You get items from the machine, then give them as presents to your fellow students to complete their Report Cards. There's a guide in the OP. Some items also trigger extra CG scenes.

Trophy spoilers:

There's also a trophy for getting 999 Monokuma coins.

ramyeon

Yeah there is, it's in the OP.

Speaking of which. I missed the bonus scenes triggered with items. What did I miss out on?

Steel

Banned

There's a vending machine in the supermarket that sells the items that trigger events for 50 coins a piece. You can get them from the Yachine too, with some luck. You have to speak to specific characters at specific times to trigger the events though, I only triggered two of them and I bought nearly all the event triggering items.

Tizoc

Oh good Monokuma
the memory erasing thing revealed just like that? I am loving this, but man poor Usami/Monomi =/

NotLiquid

Another thing that bothers me in this game is the audio compression during cutscenes.

The execution scenes had such crisp audio in the predecessor, why do they sound like they're running on a really low bitrate here? It's so muddled and I can barely hear the music, which is usually my favorite part during those scenes. It's like they weren't updated during the transition from PSP to Vita.

Meia

Chapter 4, monokuma theater:

Holy shit the writing in this game is fucking god tier. Of COURSE the morse code is going to reference A Christmas Story!

Be sure to drink your kumatine

I can't. #dead

LProtag

Chapter 5 is getting crazy, I'm just starting the investigation.

Speculation on probably some end game stuff, in case you don't want to see my thoughts at this point:

I think I know who the traitor is. I don't think Nagito knew and I think someone took advantage of that...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 4, Daily Life:

I laughed harder than I should at the "virgin blood" exchange between Gundham & Sonia. Also DAMN time to finally learn how the first game ties in!

Edit: Hey, so I'm hearing there's some kind of glitch/bug when trying to collect one of the hidden monokuma dolls in this chapter? Anyone wanna explain that? Think I've seen some people here mention it.

Chapter 3 Trial end:
Ha ha, I knew Mikan was no good! Though I will give the writers props for hiding a devious killer behind the cliche clumsy fanservice character.

Chapter 4 Daily Life spoiler

why is the game talking around akane and nekomaru's obviously sexual relationship? I just had a double homocide on the last case, why can't we just say two people had sex? It's oddly conservative.

FluxWaveZ

why is the game talking around akane and nekomaru's obviously sexual relationship? I just had a double homocide on the last case, why can't we just say two people had sex? It's oddly conservative.

Huh? They totally didn't.
It was platonic, if they're actually in love in the first place.

Meia

Wow, I missed these too. I didn't even know they existed.

Is there a list of them anywhere? Are they on Youtube?

Chapter Three:

I know if you have a Toy Camera on you you hold a kind of concert in memorial of Mahiru held by Ibuki, Hiyoko, and Chiaki.

I saw a list somewhere with a list of the gifts themselves, let me copy it down.

Here we go:

# 061 Toy Camera - chapter 3
#104 Replica Sword - chapter 1
#105 An An Aan - chapter 1
#106 Man's Nut - chapter 2
#111 Summer Festival Tree - chapter 3
#113 R/C 4WD Battler Taro - chapter 3

As was the case with DR1 with these, you have to talk to someone specific at one certain point in the chapter above. Unfortunately, I have no idea who the people are in each, or when. :(

CrazyDude

Do neko's social link event to find out what "it" is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, I missed these too. I didn't even know they existed.

Is there a list of them anywhere? Are they on Youtube?
Someone posted them, let me find them.

Also, guys, I know we're being really good with spoilers, but perhaps try to be a bit more specific as to WHERE in the chapter you are? Luckily, I'm a bit into Ch. 4, but I clicked a spoiler relating to that chapter only to see who gets killed. Least I didn't spoil who was the killer...

FluxWaveZ

Also, guys, I know we're being really good with spoilers, but perhaps try to be a bit more specific as to WHERE in the chapter you are? Luckily, I'm a bit into Ch. 4, but I clicked a spoiler relating to that chapter only to see who gets killed. Least I didn't spoil who was the killer...

That would be good, but you should also avoid clicking on any spoiler that is nebulous like that in this thread. There are a lot of them, and I probably would have been spoiled all over the place if I was clicking on them, too.

Huh? They totally didn't.
It was platonic.

Chapter 3 and 4 spoils
i just sat through a conversation where akane was talking to neko about using his newfound electric powers to stimulate her. And they keep using "it" in quotes. And in chapter 3, when "it" was brought up, akane even says he was her first or something if that nature. Is this just a red herring and it turns out not to be sex? Because it seriously seems like sex.

FluxWaveZ

Chapter 3 and 4 spoils
i just sat through a conversation where akane was talking to neko about using his newfound electric powers to stimulate her. And they keep using "it" in quotes. And in chapter 3, when "it" was brought up, akane even says he was her first or something if that nature. Is this just a red herring and it turns out not to be sex? Because it seriously seems like sex.

Wait, did you not get the scene where
it is explicitly conveyed that "it" refers to Nekomaru massaging Akane back in chapter 2, where Kazuichi drags Hajime to where both of them left to do "it"? Besides, Nekomaru offers to do "it" to Hajime during a Free Time event.

Wait, did you not get the scene where
it is explicitly conveyed that "it" refers to Nekomaru massaging Akane back in chapter 2, where Kazuichi drags Hajime to where both of them left to do "it"? Besides, Nekomaru offers to do "it" to Hajime during a Free Time event.

Haha, i guess not. Silly danganronpa writers and their misleading shenanigans.

Fey

Banned
just started chapter 4, loving this game, goty etc.

I just dislike the Hangman stuff in this game. I definitely do not remember it annoying me this much in the first one. And I'm 99% sure I have no idea what I'm actually doing during the PTA sections. Logic Dive is good fun though, so far.

Moonlight

Banned
THE CHAPTER 5 INVESTIGATION MUSIC

IsGUUvk.gif

IxJl3hs.gif

Meia

I'm somewhat annoyed by the FFVII snowboarding game(aka logic dive) being in this as a trial game, but eh.

I think the thing that kills the hangman game is them giving you no letters at all to start with(or maybe that's just it set to Mean). Usually resort to trial and error for the first letter, at which point i have an idea of what to fill in.

The last part of the PTAs where you have to put the 4 things into a combo is highly annoying as well.

CrazyDude

just started chapter 4, loving this game, goty etc.

I just dislike the Hangman stuff in this game. I definitely do not remember it annoying me this much in the first one. And I'm 99% sure I have no idea what I'm actually doing during the PTA sections. Logic Dive is good fun though, so far.
PTA I just mash the x button and press the R button when the blue bar is full and continue to mash the x button.

FluxWaveZ

This logic works 0%, because
the difference here is that Hajime had no intention to do what he did—being dragged by Kazuichi—while Makoto volunteered to do it in the other scenario.

PTA I just mash the x button and press the R button when the blue bar is full and continue to mash the x button.

Do you never have to press the triangle button anymore? I've been doing that while holding the x button and that seems to fire.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That would be good, but you should also avoid clicking on any spoiler that is nebulous like that in this thread. There are a lot of them, and I probably would have been spoiled all over the place if I was clicking on them, too.
Yeah, I'm partly to blame because I like going back & reading impressions left by other users because I finished the chapter or section and go back to read them. & to be fair, again, most people are being really good with spoilers by stating if it's during the trial, investigation, they finished the chapter, etc.

I haven't kept up with this thread in the fear of spoilers, so idk if anyone has come across this bug yet. I'll leave this here as a PSA:

This happened in chapter 4. I hadn't saved for a while too, I fell through the floor to an unreachable area... Could not fast travel either because there was an event going on... Just as a warning I'll put the location of it in spoiler tags, and leave this warning if you donut want to look at it, in that chapter, save often.
The bug happened in the Strawberry House 2F right after you first wake up from the sleeping gas, in between the two giant tea cup things by the wall there. I fell through the floor, inside the Final Dead Room, which is inaccessible. You won't be able to move from there, or fast travel. You will have to load your previous save...
Hmm, this must be the glitch I've heard of. I'll have to hope this doesn't happen to me since I'm in this spot.

& still trying to find that list of how to get those bonus scenes. I'll say this while I continue to find it: You need to get all 6 of those items from the vending machine that costs 50 coins each. You MIGHT get lucky & get them from the Yachine at the beach (I got the manga one), but it's rare.

Edit: & JUST as I post this, I found it.

PK Gaming

This logic works 0%, because
the difference here is that Hajime had no intention to do what he did—being dragged by Kazuichi—while Makoto volunteered to do it in the other scenario.

I'm just teasing

It's another one of those special item event scenes

FluxWaveZ

I'm just teasing

It's another one of those special item event scenes

That makes sense.
I also did want to know exactly what "it" referred to (although perhaps not that forcibly, especially because I wanted to talk to everyone else during that scene when, suddenly, Kazuichi), so it worked out in the end.

Tizoc

Wawawahwawa wawawawawahwawa
That's what Monokuma's theme sounds like to me :V

yami4ct

Chapter 5:

Holy Shit!

Man, that's pretty violent even for Danganronpa. Lucky Student's luck ran out, huh. I suspect that this won't be the end of Nagito, somehow.

Past

Are there any missable trophies in the game? Or is it like DR1 where you can go back and get any trophies you missed on your playthrough?

yami4ct

Chapter 5 Investigation:

Hmmmm, everything sure is pointing to Sonia. Comes from a country that specifically was pointed out could have something to do with the FF. She know's a disturbing amount about weapons. She was gone at key times when the killing could take place

Red herrings or actual clues. Time will tell.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sigh* Damn it, Ch. 4 (Free Time spoilers):
I made it so I only had to hang out with Chiaki & Akane 2 more times each to max their relationships, but the game won't let me cuz Chiaki is thinkin' about stuff & Akain is going crazy for food.

Screw you,
Gundham
. (spoilers for the whole game)

Why? ;-; I thought he was gonna make it. And then for some reason his execution just made it harder on me. I guess my favorite characters are always doomed from the start :( I wonder what will happen to Chiaki, then. Maybe she's the mastermind lol

todd360

Screw you, Gundham. (spoilers for the whole game)

Why? ;-; I thought he was gonna make it. And then for some reason his execution just made it harder on me. I guess my favorite characters are always doomed from the start :( I wonder what will happen to Chiaki, then. Maybe she's the mastermind lol

C'mon guys don't say character names then go into a spoiler rant. It implys stuff. Even if what it implys isn't true.

Top Bottom