• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Bah! I can't solve this puzzle in Chapter 4 in the (pre-trial investigation)
Death Game/Escape Room because I have no sense of direction whatsoever. I don't know which way is north or south! Halp!

CrazyDude

Death Game/Escape Room because I have no sense of direction whatsoever. I don't know which way is north or south! Halp!

On the floor the upside down 4 is point towards North. Also do not forget that the 6 is actually a 9.

LProtag

Just beat Chapter 5.

I was right about who the traitor was, but I came to my conclusion from a place of suspicion and not from a place of belief and I feel awful about it ;_;

Also I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I'm pretty sure there's going to be some big connections between the two games coming up.

Vylash

keep in mind that you don't have to actually do this, just fumble around for long enough and they'll let you skip it

Pics_nao

Just beat Chapter 5.

I was right about who the traitor was, but I came to my conclusion from a place of suspicion and not from a place of belief and I feel awful about it ;_;

Also I have no idea what the fuck is going on but I'm pretty sure there's going to be some big connections between the two games coming up.

Yeah man. I honestly cried a bit when I found out. Chiaki was the last of the remaining characters that I wanted to make it out alive. Was filled with so much despair when she was revealed to be the traitor.

Moonlight

Banned
I guess I missed out on talking that much about Chapter 4 last time, but this game has gone into maximum overdrive, holy fuck. I'll say that it's probably my favourite case in the game so far. Mindbending in all the best ways.
I did totally call Mechamaru getting offed, though. The parallels between this game and the last game are making it fairly easy to assume certain commonalities and make some decent guesses based on them. That Sakura statue in Grape Tower was a little too on the nose though, haha. The game's directly addressed them, though, which is interesting. I've got my own theory on that, actually, but it leans on some Chapter 5 context, so I'll leave it out of this block.

Gundham, though. What a legend. What an inspiration. He died for what was right. He killed to live. His execution was amazing, too. That faded image of him on the horizon. May he reign in Pet Heaven. ;_;7

In the midst of Chapter 5's class trial, and I've got some theories and speculation going on. The first mostly addressing why I think they're on the island in the first place.
I think Monokuma is one of the Hope's Peak survivors - maybe Byakuya or Kyoko (god, please don't let it be Kyoko). I think maybe they've been placed into this game, to try and replicate what happened in the Hope's Peak incident, to equip these students with the hope they need to face the new world, by using 'despair' as, well, a stepladder. #NagitoDidNothingWrong, basically. They wanna try and create a 'new generation' of symbols of hope, by recreating the variables that made the Hope's Peak survivors into what they were. Aaand the Future Foundation, or whoever Usami works with, who's operation got hijacked, believes in sticking to the original plan that the headmaster of Hope's Peak foresaw, which was isolating the best and brightest in hopes of a better future?

Haven't thought this through too deeply, but Monokuma sounds personally familiar with Makoto somehow. Or maybe when Makoto came out the vault, he became really well-known or something? Or something else entirely. I kinda hope I'm wrong because it'd be soul-crushing to know that one of the survivors really did wind up walking this dark road after all the hardships they endured.

Either way, I'm pretty sure World Enders and Future Foundation being the same thing is only a half-truth. I think they might just be two sides of the same coin, or divisions in some sort of grand schism.

And I think Hajime miiight be the traitor, though. He just doesn't know it, which would tie into Monomi mentioning how the traitor wouldn't be able to come out even if they wanted. Maybe when she was cleaning out their high school memories, she plucked that out, but that... doesn't seem consistent if she's with the Future Foundation? And I might be misremembering something but didn't the initial incidents leading up to The Tragedy involve some sort of thing with the Reserve Course students? I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have, probably. He also, technically, fits in the least among the fifteen other students brought to the island. He's the only one without a 'talent', and I think that fits in with them mentioning how you could figure out the traitor just from the information there.

Only problem is that Nagito mentions that he's figured out who the traitor is already from observing their behavior or something, but maybe that was a bluff.

It would also fit into some of the parallels of this case and DR1, too, if this ends with Hajime being led into a fake-out execution, but I doubt that's exactly how it's going to go. I don't think it'd have the same impact as DR1. Less uncertainty.

I mean, the only other candidate for the traitor is... well, Sonia. She's uncomfortably suspicious, and I say this on the back of constantly expecting her to turn out to be a killer since Case 2. It's almost given me goddamn stomach ulcers. If Sonia really turns out to be a killer after all this, I think I may actually die. Hajime being the traitor is the easier reality to accept.

...but god, apropos of nothing, my list of expected survivors has been fucking annihilated. I think at the beginning, I said that I was sure that Ibuki, Gundham, Peko, Chiaki, Nagito, and Fuyuhiko would make it to the end. Turns out that I wasn't even half right. This game is pretty much the opposite of DR1 in terms of how many characters I got attached to that it's killed. Also, it's blowing my mind how Akane and Kazuichi are still alive. I was totally, totally sure Akane was gonna die simply because of how similar she was to Asahina. I thought, just like how Byakuya died in the first case, she'd die to maybe help establish an extra measure of distance from the first game, but... it hasn't happened. Kazuichi's existence in general (apparently defined solely by his large boner for Sonia) just totally baffles me and I've been trying to send psychic waves to this game this whole time trying to kill him. That he's still breathing while Ibuki is dead is just the worst. ;_;

I guess he's got that Yasuhiro Clause to him. Sigh.

wow i wrote more than i expected to

Tizoc

Somone please help me with the first PTA sequence
wtf is the sentence structure supposed to be to finish off Teruteru?

Yuuichi

Just a PSA: do be careful as I just hit a game breaking bug that forced a restart upon attempting to enter [super minor spoiler]
electric avenue
in chapter 3, I'm to salty to check how much save data I lost right now. Character just disappeared but the screed didn't change, and it rendered every button useless.

Jachaos

I really feel stupid, but what the hell is the answer to
the murder weapon in the music room for that video game
(Trial #2 spoilers)

LX_Theo

Banned
(Trial #2 spoilers)

Gravel put into the swimsuit like a bag. Shoot swimsuit at gravel comment. Yeah, I didn't get that myself, either.

(Trial #2 spoilers)

I think that's the one where you have to shoot the Swimsuit to consent with gravel? I was stuck on it for like 15 minutes. Don't feel stupid, it felt super obtuse.

Jachaos

Gravel put into the swimsuit like a bag. Shoot swimsuit at gravel comment. Yeah, I didn't get that myself, either.

I think that's the one where you have to shoot the Swimsuit to consent with gravel? I was stuck on it for like 15 minutes. Don't feel stupid, it felt super obtuse.

I... see. Yeah, that's probably the most random answer I've had so far in the Danganronpa series.

Jachaos

It makes a bit of sense once you actually know it. But I have no idea how they were expecting you to get to that conclusion.

Yeah, they explain it and it's alright but beforehand, I was literally shooting everything at anything at that point.

But uh, thanks you two! Would've taken me another 10 minutes for sure the way this was going.

Beat chapter one. Whew I did not expect that. Seriously, how could I have expected
a bone handled poker was the murder weapon? I was expecting the skewer to make a reappearance and the longer it went unmentioned the stronger my suspicion became but damn lol. Teruteru snapping was incredible. Felt bad for him in the end. That death, damn son. Wonder if Mondo butter will get topped.

You'd think having no fucking idea what's going to happen after doing your investigation would be frustrating but it's probably the best part of these games.

Moonlight

Banned
CHAPTER 5 TRIAL SPOILERS

oh my god

HOLY SHIT

FUCK YOU NAGITO

OH MY GOD.

HOLY SHIT YOU MOTHERFUCKER

YOU CAN'T STOP SHITTING ALL OVER US WHEN YOU'RE DEAD

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Gazoinks

Ch 5 Trial (End-ish? Not sure how much is left, but seems it)

HNd8dVP.gif

Nagito is an insane genius and CHIAKI IS THE TRAITOR.

NO.

NOOO.

WHY DO ALL MY WAIFUS BETRAY ME.

I honestly didn't see that coming. I thought it might be Sonia, but Chiaki seemed too cool and helpful to be the traitor. But no, they went for the gutpunch. Damn. I kind of guess when she scanned her card, but still. Sheesh.

My last hope is that it might kind of prove the FF isn't actually evil. At least, even after revealing herself, Chiaki still seems nice. We'll see.

And now I have to go to work. This is the worst cliffhanger ever. ;_;

I'm feeling the despair.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It makes a bit of sense once you actually know it. But I have no idea how they were expecting you to get to that conclusion.

It took me three game overs to get it. At least when I got around to finally guessing that, it matched exactly what I was guessing...

But yeah, Danganronpa is too open with crazy complex murder plots to have an open ended problem like that without any hints to help narrow it down.

LiK

i dunno why but trying to do all the extra stuff for the trophies seems way more tiresome than the first game.

yami4ct

Alright, done. Man finally chapter was a loooooong one. Decent ending.

Don't kill me if I say I prefer DR1 overall

Case 5 is the best case of either game, though. Super fantastic.

yami4ct

Ch 2 Trial question

what the hell is the murder weapon in the beginning of the trial? vase, fish tank?

Agree with Gravel using Swimsuit bullet. Weapon is a bludgeon combining the two

It's a dumb answer many had trouble with.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
For the collections list:

Where do I get the last movie clip? The one after the credits in the list.

Meia

What in the hell is wrong with Chapter 4?

This escape room is killing me. I get to the point where I have to input something into the computer, but there's very few hints about what the hell I'm even supposed to get it from. Obviously the index card references it, but it doesn't seem like it's enough to go on.

Top Bottom