• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair |OT| Sun, Fun, and Despair

PK Gaming

Was it underwear as well in the first game?
I don't recall, probably trauma related.

I can't begin to mention how much I hate that character.

Only in school mode. The underwear thing started in DanganRonpa 2, but they implemented into the DR1+2 remake.

"You got Chiaki Undergarments" feels extremely creepy.

I'd be more confortable with a graphical sexual scene than that.

At least now I know that Chiaki has
8-bit undergarments that are both retro and modern
I gues.

Look forward to getting Gundham's underwear~

Imouto

Banned
I want answers, dammit!

Edit: Also, seriously, murderers, STOP TRYING TO CONCOCT RIDICULOUS PLANS BY LEAVING ALL THESE GODDAMN CLUES AT THE SCENE. Slit someone's throat at night and get the fuck out of there. Jesus. This isn't that hard, people.

Finish the game.

For your "edit"
Remember, they do not want to do the killing by their own intention. It's always forced directly or indirectly. That's what good about the writing of this game.

MSMrRound

Look forward to getting Gundham's underwear~

image.php

Feep

Banned
Finish the game.

For your "edit"
Remember, they do not want to do the killing by their own intention. It's always forced directly or indirectly. That's what good about the writing of this game.
There is literally no reason why any of the first
murders could not have been done this way. I'll excuse the first, because who knew this group of misfits was in fact a brilliant amalgamation of analytic deductive minds?

Just because they were coerced to kill doesn't mean they had to do it like idiots.

Steel

Banned
Edit: Also, seriously, murderers, STOP TRYING TO CONCOCT RIDICULOUS PLANS BY LEAVING ALL THESE GODDAMN CLUES AT THE SCENE. Slit someone's throat at night and get the fuck out of there. Jesus. This isn't that hard, people.

Something the game has in common with ace attorney. Except in Ace Attorney, all the detectives are clueless idiots while all the real investigation is done by lawyers.

murders could not have been done this way. I'll excuse the first, because who knew this group of misfits was in fact a brilliant amalgamation of analytic deductive minds?

Just because they were coerced to kill doesn't mean they had to do it like idiots.

I think the convoluted analysis actually works well all things considered.

Chapter 2:
This one was kind of impulsive, so there being clues isn't that outlandish. Besides, Hiyoko was to be framed, and we all know trying to frame someone just leaves more clues pointing back to the actual killer.

Chapter 3:
Mikan just wanted to cause despair. It was intentionally convoluted and it doesn't really seem like she cared about the outcome very much.

Chapter 4:
Gundham wanted to get caught.

I think the culprits do a pretty good job at directing where they want the trials and speculation to go at first.

PK Gaming

Chapter 1-4 spoilers

The 2nd murder was literally on the spur. The culprit immediately moved in for the kill as Fuyuhiko went for the bat.

It was impossible for 3rd culprit to "slit someone's throat at night" as you suggested since they were stuck attending to their patients (it would be obvious if they did it that way). In any case, they had the perfect means of killing someone and getting away with it; it was only when the 2nd victim accidentally walked in that the trail got needlessly bigger. It should probably go without saying, but the 3rd trial was pretty unusual (the culprit would have never killed anyone had it not been for the Despair Disease)

The 4th murderer didn't intend to get away with it.

Feep

Banned
Ch. 4 spoilers:

If Gundham wanted to get caught, he would have just confessed. He's not Nagito; he didn't feel the need to create a situation where everyone had to rise to the occasion.

I think his murdering someone *was* the right move, but he took some extreme pains to hide his guilt.

Same with Mikan, really. If she didn't care about getting caught, she wouldn't have bothered with the insanity.

In Chapter 2, there were some things that were unavoidable, but Peko still tried way too much nonsense. A horrendously bad framing attempt led directly to her implication.

But whatever, I'm nitpicking, obviously this game would be boring without all the insanity

DaBoss

Ch. 4 spoilers:

If Gundham wanted to get caught, he would have just confessed. He's not Nagito; he didn't feel the need to create a situation where everyone had to rise to the occasion.

I think his murdering someone *was* the right move, but he took some extreme pains to hide his guilt.

Same with Mikan, really. If she didn't care about getting caught, she wouldn't have bothered with the insanity.

In Chapter 2, there were some things that were unavoidable, but Peko still tried way too much nonsense.

But whatever, I'm nitpicking, obviously this game would be boring without all the insanity
Chapter 4 spoilers
Gundham says that one shouldn't just give up on their life and just wait to die, which is probably why tried to hide the fact he did it. He wanted others to feel the same way.

Phii

Banned
Finished chapter 4!
I kinda like the idea of Funhouse, made me think of some interesting layouts thanks to the birdeye perspective.

For now I'm gonna rest and then uncover the mysteries in one blow!

Busaiku

I got completely destroyed by this chapter.
I'm just before the closing argument, and I really have no idea what's going besides what the characters are telling me.
I even had to use a guide cause I'm so lost on everything.

I dunno if it's cause I've got a headache or I just got hit with the stupid.
I hope I can get the latter chapters...

Jut finished chapter 3

i'm not ok .

I repeat ... this is not ok.

I do not like this turn of events.
GODDAMIT.

there is nothing i like in his chapter and it was really cool .

the 2 killed were people i liked, the culpirit was someone i liked .. the motivations are a giat WTF and that robo
t in the end

NOT ok.

and then i start chapter 4 and i have this stupid music from dangan 1 school mode ( so many angry moments )

Goodammit i'm not ok

antibolo

Banned
Jut finished chapter 3

i'm not ok .

GODDAMIT.

the 2 killed were people i liked, the culpirit was someone i liked .. the motivations are a giat WTF and that robo
t in the end

NOT ok.

and then i start chapter 4 and i have this stupid music from dangan 1 school mode ( so many angry moments )

Goodammit i'm not ok

Delicious despair. Pupupupu.

Jut finished chapter 3

i'm not ok .

GODDAMIT.

t in the end

NOT ok.

Goodammit i'm not ok

oh good. you'll despair some more. :D

Is it just me, or is the new Hangman's Gambit confusing. I am a little behind and finally had time to play. I am at the first class trial, about to do the first Hangman's Gambit....so different than the first game.

Busaiku

I am very much ok with the killer in Chapter 3.
Couldn't have been sooner.

Not ok with the dead though.
Hiyoko's death was as sad as Chihiro's. She died cause she smelled.

Syrinx

Finished Chapter 4. From what I've read in here Chapter 5 is where the shit's gonna hit the fan. Or where it's just really fucked up. Or both.

Fifty

Loved all of the first game and chapter 1 of the 2nd, but damn chapter 2 of this game bored the hell out of me. That
awful video game plot
had me skipping through text like crazy. I'm just glad it's over with and I hope it was just a hiccup, or I was just in a bad mood today :D

Loved all of the first game and chapter 1 of the 2nd, but damn chapter 2 of this game bored the hell out of me. That
awful video game plot
had me skipping through text like crazy. I'm just glad it's over with and I hope it was just a hiccup, or I was just in a bad mood today :D

Oh no.... Now I'm worried. I loved the first one.

can some one explain to me the hp system in island mode. like why if they are in the orange and i send them somewhere then the die for like three days? i don't completely understand it.

Lusankya

Oh no.... Now I'm worried. I loved the first one.

Yeah, game is crap, you should be worried.

Please don't read the thousands of posts praising the game for being even better than the predecessor.

can some one explain to me the hp system in island mode. like why if they are in the orange and i send them somewhere then the die for like three days? i don't completely understand it.
You see those arrows when selecting a location to send your guys/girls to? More arrows mean more life will be drained for collecting ressources in this location and the locations on the right can easily fatigue your characters even when they're yellow. I advise you to quickly build the item that will decrease the life drain and only afterwards all the other upgrades to speed up the collecting process.

Tizoc

They're tired. When someone's health level is low, just them sleep it out for a day.

You see those arrows when selecting a location to send your guys/girls to? More arrows mean more life will be drained for collecting ressources in this location and the locations on the right can easily fatigue your characters even when they're yellow. I advise you to quickly build the item that will decrease the life drain and only afterwards all the other upgrades to speed up the collecting process.

They're tired. When someone's health level is low, just them sleep it out for a day.

yeah, i get when the icon is on all fours to rest them but if they are in the orange how do i know if i send them to x location that they'll pass out afterwards? so should i not be bothering doing any of usami's task on my first playthrough and just collecting/making tools and shit?

Lusankya

yeah, i get when the icon is on all fours to rest them but if they are in the orange how do i know if i send them to x location that they'll pass out afterwards? so should i not be bothering doing any of usami's task on my first playthrough and just collecting/making tools and shit?

The tools/upgrades won't transfer to the new game+ of this mode, only the character levels (still helps a lot).

Basically in the beginning (while trying to fulfill Usami's wishes) also try to get all the stuff you need for the upgrades (first the less HP drain, then the other ones) as fast as possible, then this game becomes a breeze. And FYI:
Before researching the decrease life drain upgrade -> yellow characters will be fatigued after sent to a three arrow location
After researching decrease life drain upgrade -> yellow characters will never become fatigued, no matter what location.

Also creating the item "Jabba Hot Pot" (or whatever the name is, the healing item to heal the whole group) will help you tremendously.

The tools/upgrades won't transfer to the new game+ of this mode, only the character levels (still helps a lot).

Basically in the beginning (while trying to fulfill Usami's wishes) also try to get all the stuff you need for the upgrades (first the less HP drain, then the other ones) as fast as possible, then this game becomes a breeze. And FYI:
Before researching the decrease life drain upgrade -> yellow characters will be fatigued after sent to a three arrow location
After researching decrease life drain upgrade -> yellow characters will never become fatigued, no matter what location.

Also creating the item "Jabba Hot Pot" (or whatever the name is, the healing item to heal the whole group) will help you tremendously.

jesus, really? i have only done one of the things usami asked because i havent been getting enough materials.

dani_dc

Chapter 3
No, Ibuki is dead!
Why do the characters I care about keep dying?

Hajime should had checked if Ibuki was dead when he got there though, long-shot, but it was silly of him not to do that.

From the looks of it, someone ordered Ibuki to kill Hiyoko and then to comit suicide.
Let's see where the investigation leads to though.

Jintor

chapter two

Never felt like the game (or dr1) has been quite so frustratingly 'present the exact right thing I'm thinking of, not the other eight pieces of evidence that also price this point as well'.

Trying to work out va's just need on sound without looking it up. All I can think of is nagito as kirito, coach dude as Franky, I think Tara strong is hiyoko(?), and... Fuyu is really, really familiar, but I can't quite place him. Feel like I've heard him a million times though.

Jintor

Hah.
Case two

the method used to escape the front scene is an actual technique used by the ninja from back in the day.

I am on the investigation phase in chapter 5 now.

No spoilers but...pretty much all my favorite characters are dead at this point so the game isn't as much fun as DR1 was when I got to its big climax. :(

Meia

There's a 6 HP health system. The red health indicator means they have 5-6 hp, orange I think is 3-4 hp, and blue is 1-2 hp. You have to kind of keep an eye on where you sent them previous, since if you send them to a 3hp zone(the last 4 choices) and they're in the orange, well you only have a 50% chance that they'll have the hp to last the trip. Usually safer to go to a lower zone. It's why in those modes the one tool that lowers HP costs is really good, since you can always send even an orange health person to a 3 hp zone and be fine(since it'll only be 2hp).

To fulfill monomi's requests, you really need to be good at coordinating where you're sending people. Starting off with at least 4 or 5 people to clean helps too, lowering this amount as they gain cleaning levels/get tools to help. The others you just kind of need to know where stuff is found. If one thing you need is like 4 or 5 down from the top in a 1hp location, and the same thing is on the top of a 3hp location, you'll have better luck sending one or two people to the 3hp location than the one with the lower one(as the lower it is the harder it is to get at that location). Then it's just a matter of balancing where you to send people given how many of something you need. You should be able to finish a request with a few days to spare, giving you time to start making tools.

RetroMG

Cool. I want to try to finish the game today since I have the day off, but I also have a ton of studying to do, so I've got the control stick propped up and Hajime is running in a corner of
Grape House
so that I can work on the level and step trophies. (And the virtual pet ones, assuming I remember to look at it often enough.)

RetroMG

Um. What happens if I kill off my virtual pet? I've got despair maxed out to get
Monokuma,
but I'm stuck in the
funhouse
of Chapter 4 and I have no items left, so I'm pretty sure my next pet is gong to die.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Um. What happens if I kill off my virtual pet? I've got despair maxed out to get
Monokuma,
but I'm stuck in the
funhouse
of Chapter 4 and I have no items left, so I'm pretty sure my next pet is gong to die.
It'll just get replaced with a new one/you start over. & don't worry, as long as you clean up after it, you should be good. The items are only to raise its hope level.

Monokuma,
but I'm stuck in the
funhouse

The despair meter resets with new pet. You don't need any items to keep a pet alive anyway, you just need to clean the shit.

If a pet dies you just have to start over with a new pet.

MSMrRound

If you need presents to give to your pet, you can always save and quit to main screen, and access monomono yachine/vending machine via extras.

dani_dc

Chapter 3

Mikan got her memory back because of the despair disease? What?
And that made her kill people for what reason?
If she wanted to go to her beloved she could had killed herself, what was her motivation to kill others to exit the island again?

Also why go to the trouble of creating a video feed?
No one would had figure out it was Milkn since no one had an actual aliby if not for her convulted plan to create false evidence.

What a cluster fuck of a case.

The game is also quickly running out of characters I care about.

Top Bottom