• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Community Help Thread | Both humans and hollow are welcome!

Pengew

Just killed
Ceaseless Discharge. When fighting him he threw some sort of gunk in my face and I dont know how to remove it. Anyone have a clue?

ShaneB said:
Thanks
And I'm glad you didn't say any names. I figured he was basically another Yurt. Makes me curious, but I have no idea who most people are just yet, so who knows. I guess it's a case of the armour being much better than the ring

It looks like you get the ring either way. But yes, if you let him do what he will, you can get the armor, which is pretty good, though I think there are better armors. The fight is fun.

elty

What kind of pre-ascended weapon do you get later on?

I only know
lightening spear and crystal halberd
. Wants to make a divine/fire one but don't want to duplicate.

Labadal

Playing a new character, and I have two questions.

1. I killed the guy that gives you the Estus flasks at the starting area. Will this haunt me later in the game?

2. Playing as a Pyromancer and I have 8 fireballs to cast. How can I increase this? I have two attunement slots, but it doesn't seem like I can put the fireball spell in the second slot to allow me to cast 16 fireballs.

Posted this in the other thread, but it got buried pretty quick:

What and where is the first main demon you should be fighting?

I've already fought: Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, and Moonlight Butterfly. I tried taking on the water dragon thing in Darkroot Basin, but it seems too strong for my melee/fire magic.

And one other question, who upgrades the pyromancer glove? I figured a regular blacksmith would do it, but apparently not.

SUBZERO-08 said:
Posted this in the other thread, but it got buried pretty quick:

What and where is the first main demon you should be fighting?

I've already fought: Asylum Demon, Taurus Demon, and Moonlight Butterfly. I tried taking on the water dragon thing in Darkroot Basin, but it seems too strong for my melee/fire magic.

And one other question, who upgrades the pyromancer glove? I figured a regular blacksmith would do it, but apparently not.

1. Asylum Demon > Taurus > Gargoyles

2. No real reason to kill the Hydra this early if it is too difficult.

3. Someone you must rescue. I forget where he is, though.

galactus_eat_world said:
Just killed
Ceaseless Discharge. When fighting him he threw some sort of gunk in my face and I dont know how to remove it. Anyone have a clue?
Gunk? What does it look like?
it might be an egg

prodystopian said:
1. Asylum Demon > Taurus > Gargoyles

2. No real reason to kill the Hydra this early if it is too difficult.

3. Someone you must rescue. I forget where he is, though.
Oh, okay. Thanks, totally forgot about that Church. Thought it was just an extra area or something for later.

Sniper McBlaze said:
Any tips on Witch Queen Quaaalalablala after Blighttown?
What are you being killed by? If it is the AOE, then you need to know when it is coming.
Have you encountered the invader Mildred, if you are Human form, you can summon her to help you.

vhfive

ShaneB said:
Thanks
And I'm glad you didn't say any names. I figured he was basically another Yurt. Makes me curious, but I have no idea who most people are just yet, so who knows. I guess it's a case of the armour being much better than the ring
You get both ring and armor if you wait

Sniper McBlaze said:
Any tips on Witch Queen Quaaalalablala after Blighttown?

If you can predict her moves, you can run in and out and attack when she pauses. I melee'd her. It was a tough fight, but as long as you can predict the attacks, she isn't that hard, you just need to be patient and don't go in too hard when there is a lot of lava around. In fact, get her away from the lava when possible.

Also, I kept trying to roll, but when I beat her it was using a shield and rolling. I had the shield up the entire time and if I missed the timing on the roll I usually got hit much less thanks to the shield.

Cloudius12 said:
Have you encountered the invader Mildred, if you are Human form, you can summon her to help you.

How does that work? I saw her, but only to fight...

prodystopian said:
How does that work? I saw her, but only to fight...
If you are in Human form, you can find her sign before the fog to the boss. Yea it kinda weird, a random invading NPC who dies, then offers to be summoned to help you. But I guess that happens often in Demon's Souls lol

Cloudius12 said:
If you are in Human form, you can find her sign before the fog to the boss. Yea it kinda weird, a random invading NPC who dies, then offers to be summoned to help you. But I guess that happens often in Demon's Souls lol

so you have to kill her first?

Orayn

Schmitty said:
Why does gate at Undead parish not stay open? Ugh now I have to go all through again.
Undead soldiers run through and pull the lever to close it again, meaning it's not a permanent shortcut.
There's an elevator that leads all the way back to the Firelink Shrine inside of the Parish itself, however.

tc farks

In Undead Parish, I killed the big knight in there, but there was another one up top shooting some lightning like thing at me...can you get to him? I went down by the blacksmith and killed the headless guy down there, should I proceed through Darkroot Garden? I'm wondering what others did at this point.

Wallachia

tc farks said:
In Undead Parish, I killed the big knight in there, but there was another one up top shooting some lightning like thing at me...can you get to him? I went down by the blacksmith and killed the headless guy down there, should I proceed through Darkroot Garden? I'm wondering what others did at this point.

You can explore Darkroot, but next for you is to kill the Capra Demon at the bottom of the Undead Burg (you will know you are close when you fight a bunch of undead assassins, they look like jawas)

sixghost

Orayn said:
Undead soldiers run through and pull the lever to close it again, meaning it's not a permanent shortcut.
There's an elevator that leads all the way back to the Firelink Shrine inside of the Parish itself, however.
Does this really happen? I've never seen it once.

tc farks

Wallachia said:
You can explore Darkroot, but next for you is to kill the Capra Demon at the bottom of the Undead Burg (you will know you are close when you fight a bunch of undead assassins, they look like jawas)

Thanks sir. I got to a fog cloud in Darkroot, but had like 4000 souls and wanted to level up so I headed back. I guess save it for later?

In Undead Berg I was looking down there after I killed the Taurus demon and did some grinding, how the hell do you get down there though? Do you go there from Firelink Shrine?

tc farks

sixghost said:
Does this really happen? I've never seen it once.

I'm spatially and directionally challenged. I looked around that parish and couldn't see how to get through to the elevator. I might have to start looking at some maps.

Wallachia

tc farks said:
Thanks sir. I got to a fog cloud in Darkroot, but had like 4000 souls and wanted to level up so I headed back. I guess save it for later?

In Undead Berg I was looking down there after I killed the Taurus demon and did some grinding, how the hell do you get down there though? Do you go there from Firelink Shrine?

Did you see those Giant Knights in Darkroot? You can fight a boss up the stairs in some ruins near there, as well as hack down a certain tree that reveals a path ;)

You get to Capra's area from the bonfire in Undead Burg, you go down some stairs to a fire and some undead dogs and those assassins.

YoungHav

Banned
Increasing Intelligence and Faith boosts the strength of the spells right?

And I notice they are parameters required to cast sorceries/miracles, what boosts pyromancy spells?

tc farks

Wallachia said:
Did you see those Giant Knights in Darkroot? You can fight a boss up the stairs in some ruins near there, as well as hack down a certain tree that reveals a path ;)

You get to Capra's area from the bonfire in Undead Burg, you go down some stairs to a fire and some undead dogs and those assassins.

Hmmm no I didn't see them yet. I just killed a few tree folk and snatched up some large souls. I was curious about Darkroot because I didn't know if it would lead me away from Undead Berg even farther. And I tried getting into lower Undead Berg before but I only found a ladder taking me back up. I know I was doing something wrong I'll give it another shot and see what this Capra Demon is all about.

Wallachia

tc farks said:
Hmmm no I didn't see them yet. I just killed a few tree folk and snatched up some large souls. I was curious about Darkroot because I didn't know if it would lead me away from Undead Berg even farther. And I tried getting into lower Undead Berg before but I only found a ladder taking me back up. I know I was doing something wrong I'll give it another shot and see what this Capra Demon is all about.

I can't remember but I think you need a key to get down to the Capra area. Try the other Dark Souls thread. someone will know.

Or search the Dark Souls Wiki site

tc farks

Wallachia said:
I can't remember but I think you need a key to get down to the Capra area. Try the other Dark Souls thread. someone will know.

Or search the Dark Souls Wiki site

Think I have it. But yes off to Wiki my ass goes. Thanks.

elty

YoungHav said:
Increasing Intelligence and Faith boosts the strength of the spells right?

And I notice they are parameters required to cast sorceries/miracles, what boosts pyromancy spells?

Upgrade pyromancer flame. It also scales with int later on.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Sen's Fortress question:

the contraption that shoots out the big boulder - you can change the direction it shoots the boulder making the other ways safe; but sometimes it reverts and the long, snaking staircase/boulder slide gets rocks again. is there an enemy hiding up there that is doing this or does it just revert by itself after X minutes or whatever? This has happened without me dying, touching a bonfire or leaving the fortress.

Brobzoid said:
Sen's Fortress question:

the contraption that shoots out the big boulder - you can change the direction it shoots the boulder making the other ways safe; but sometimes it reverts and the long, snaking staircase/boulder slide gets rocks again. is there an enemy hiding up there that is doing this or does it just revert by itself after X minutes or whatever? This has happened without me dying, touching a bonfire or leaving the fortress.
There shouldn't be. There is only one path that you can shoot the boulder that will not affect you at all.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
It has happened several times now. I'm playing offline and haven't gotten the patch, so maybe it's a bug?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
So I'm farming slugs atm. Does being human and having humanity up in the top left corner increase their drop rate? I've done 5 runs so far and I've only had 2 drops.

tc farks

24FrameDaVinci said:
How did you do it and at what class/level if you dont mind me asking?

Level 20 pyromancer. Rocking the Drake sword and Heater shield. That's really all there was to it honestly. I did some rolling while shooting a couple fireballs at him. Then busted out the heater shield and got close to the 1st one quickly. He breathed his fire and I got right in his grill for a couple heavy attacks. Put my shield up to block a few of his attacks, left him vulnerable for some more heavy attacks, like 3 or 4. At that point he was basically done I believe. The 2nd one was no problem because they weren't able to double team me as well like the 1st time. Used the heater shield to get in close to him and stayed patient, as he jumped away once or twice. Waited for his fire attack to walk up close to him and spammed hit him as close to him as possible. Only stopping to put my shield for his melee attacks. Only had to use a couple estus flasks for when I messed up and missed blocking a melee attack and got some fire in the ass once.

So I have an issue...is it impossible for me to get the Drake sword if the Red Dragon bugged on me? He died randomly and I got 10k souls but I didn't get whatever he dropped. I'm currently using a Longsword +5.

elty

RiccochetJ said:
So I'm farming slugs atm. Does being human and having humanity up in the top left corner increase their drop rate? I've done 5 runs so far and I've only had 2 drops.

According to here:

Humanity Item Discovery Rate Curse Resist
00 100 30
01 120 40
02 125 50
03 129 60
04 133 70
05 138 80
06 142 88
07 146 96
08 150 104
09 155 112
10 159
11 163
12 168
13 172
14 176
15 180
16 182
17 184
18 186
19 188 134
20 190 135
21 192 137
22 194 138
23 196 140
24 198 141
25 200 143
26 202 144
27 204 146
28 206 147
29 208 149
30 210 150
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/humanity

tc farks

24FrameDaVinci said:
So I have an issue...is it impossible for me to get the Drake sword if the Red Dragon bugged on me? He died randomly and I got 10k souls but I didn't get whatever he dropped. I'm currently using a Longsword +5.

Pretty sure it is. Once they're gone so are the droppable items.

New Londo Question:
I've drained the water and gone through the seal and gone back to Frampt, but when I enter the white fog, it's just a spiral staircase that leads to death. I tried killing the ghost at the top and still nothing.

prodystopian said:
New Londo Question:
I've drained the water and gone through the seal and gone back to Frampt, but when I enter the white fog, it's just a spiral staircase that leads to death. I tried killing the ghost at the top and still nothing.

You need a special ring that you get from beating the Great Wolf Sif.

sixghost

Brobzoid said:
Sen's Fortress question:

I don't know, but I was wondering that too. It definitely did reset though. Maybe the big Giant reached down and reset it xD.

maomaoIYP

Mafro said:
Any tips on beating the Gravelord? I'm having a lot of trouble with him.

A divine weapon kills those skeletons permanently. Once his mobs are gone, if you still have problems, just cast iron flesh and tank it out. I thought this was a horribly unintuitive boss fight.

CatPee

Sotha Sil said:
Okay, might be a common thing, but I just gained humanity in-game with my pyromancer... Is that a common thing? I was fighting an enemy, he died, and boom, +1 humanity.

This game never ceases to surprise me.

Apparently, Humanity that is lost and certain items that are dropped by other online players will manifest themselves into the enemies of your world. Kill them, and the stuff's yours. I've also gotten random black puffs near my head and gained 1 Humanity as a result, so it seems that lost Humanity also gets dispersed to other random players as well.

Alright I never beat Demon Soul but completed quite a few of the levels no problem. I've been stuck in Dark Souls early on and wondering if all hope is lost. I made it to the bonfire underneath the Dragon that breaths fire but this area and the enemies around seem to kick my ass. I'm a pyromancer but still having issues. I made it to the bon fire right near the black smith but stupidly forget to sit down and rest. Any tips and technics for fighting these knights. I played for about an hour and haven't made any progress level wise at all.

This game is so fucking cheap. I'm stuck in the swamp in Blighttown with all my best weapons broken. Now I need to go back somehow to the weaponsmith in Undead Burg, but it's fucking impossible with all the poison and all those flies... How I HATE those flies. Blighttown would be easy without them. Where to they fucking come from by the way? Atleast give me some souls when I kill them!

Anyway... Should I just restart a new character? This sucks.

Top Bottom