• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Community Help Thread | Both humans and hollow are welcome!

sixghost

Quikies83 said:
Is it a good idea for me to take this route when I've not been to either areas yet? Also, their are no bonfires in either of those places right?
It's not 100% safe , but it's doable. You'll run past a
giant stone dragon that's sleeping,
whatever you do, do not
pick up the item next to his head, he will fucking destroy you
. After that there's a drake on a narrow cliff path, which you can just lock on to and block, then circle around him and run. There's another drake that you can just run past and head to the area on the right.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think you might need the master key or Watchtower Basement key to use that door.

Quikies83

sixghost said:
It's not 100% safe , but it's doable. You'll run past a
giant stone dragon that's sleeping,
whatever you do, do not
pick up the item next to his head, he will fucking destroy you
. After that there's a drake on a narrow cliff path, which you can just lock on to and block, then circle around him and run. There's another drake that you can just run past and head to the area on the right.

Also, I'm not sure, but I think you might need the master key or Watchtower Basement key to use that door.
Uggh fucking ghosts.. Where in new lundo?

sixghost

Quikies83 said:
Uggh fucking ghosts.. Where in new lundo?
You don't need to enter New Londo for the route I'm talking about. It takes you to an lift that brings you to a bonfire in Darkroot Basin. You'll have to kill a black knight on the way up though.

Big Chungus

I hit the
fire keeper in anor londor, should i kill her or use my 150k souls to absolve sins? i checke donline and all she does is keep that bonfire lit, and drops a firekeeper soul

what to do gaf?

Quikies83 said:
Finally ready to leave Q
uelaags domain
, how can I avoid not having to backtrack all the way through the blight shit and the sewers? I really need to hit a blacksmith ASAP ! Quickest way out?

Water wheel up, over the bridge in Valley of the Drakes, up the elevator to Firelink Shrine

That ring that increases the duration of sorcery effects... does that affect pyro spells? I'd love to have Iron Flesh last longer...

I would like to get some shield advice, I'm playing as the Knight, and have just defeated the
Capra Demon
. Before going any further I would like to get a new shield as it feels like my weak link at the moment, I'm still using the starting Knight one, and it's decent but I feel like I'm losing too much stamina when I block. What is my best option at the moment? I'm using the halberd as my main weapon.

sixghost said:
You don't need to enter New Londo for the route I'm talking about. It takes you to an lift that brings you to a bonfire in Darkroot Basin. You'll have to kill a black knight on the way up though.
Not to sound like a dick but don't listen to this, Quickies. You don't need to go by the
sleeping dragon
or go to Darkroot. Once you reach the top of the wooden structure on the way out of Blightown you'll see a chest. It has the key to New Londo in it. When you follow the tunnel out you'll be in Drake's valley but the door to New Londo will be just across from you are. It's only the entrance to New Londo so you won't have to encounter any ghosts and you can just take the elevator straight up to the Firelink shrine.

burgerdog

I asked in the other thread but no replies. Is there a place where I could farm twinkling titanite? If so how do I get there?

sixghost

electroshockwave said:
Not to sound like a dick but don't listen to this, Quickies. You don't need to go by the
sleeping dragon
or go to Darkroot. Once you reach the top of the wooden structure on the way out of Blightown you'll see a chest. It has the key to New Londo in it. When you follow the tunnel out you'll be in Drake's valley but the door to New Londo will be just across from you are. It's only the entrance to New Londo so you won't have to encounter any ghosts and you can just take the elevator straight up to the Firelink shrine.
Oh cool, I only popped in there for a second to look around, then went back through the Drake route since that was how I entered the place. Didn't know there was a lift over there.

Is it fine to leave your current covenant to join another one? I'm actually in the
Way of the White
covenant and I'd like to switch to
Warriors of Sunlight
for easier co-op with my friend.
Can I just join the
Sunlight
covenant at the shrine? I won't become a sinner for doing that right?

Im_Special

Okay so I'm wondering this regarding element properties on weapons, in my case Astora's Longsword which is 80/80/0/0 base damage, it's also has holy properties. Are there any enemies in which they are resistant to the magic or holy portion of the damage? Like I won't just meet with some boss/tough sob and only just scratch the guy with half damage or something because he's holy propertied him self right, I heard things like enemies being weak against fire or lightning but never them being strong against, so are there any cases like this.

Oh one other thing, how do things scale in NG+'s, does everything scale up by a flat % or is it like in Demon's Souls there it was based on your level before starting anew. And does it cap out eventually?

Septimius

electroshockwave said:
This might be a dumb question but how do I go back to the
Undead Asylum
?

Take the elevator up to the church, but jump off at the first ledge on the way up. From there, turn right onto a green patch up high, roll over to the pillar, and go pick up the key that is nearby. Then you walk aaaall the way up these stairs, and curl up as a ball in the nest, and you'll be taken there after about 20 seconds. Oh, and when you're there, be careful. The arena where you fought the tutorial boss will have a failing floor, and beneath is a mathafakka of a boss. I lost 25k souls to him, so if you do want to try taking him on, just count your humanities and souls gone. It's really hard to pick them up without dying.

Is the thing people keep calling a Pyro Glove the thing you start out with as a Pyro class? (Pyro Flame) Do we ever get a new one, or should I just make it +1, +2, etc.

Phenomic

So about to craft a certain fire weapon. Wondering if it's worth it or not.

Quelaag's Furysword. People seem to swear by this weapon is it true? I won't be able to upgrade it right away because I foolishly used my Demon Titantite, but I imagine it's still worth it. Visually it looks awesome, but I want some forum reassurance before I take the plunge.

I'm skeptical because it has lower attack power, but people seem to think it's awesome compared to the Lighting Spear.

UrbanRats

I'll copy this here:
how the hell does the agility of movements work? I read that you need to go around with 50% of your potential load, but instead i noticed that changing my heavy knight armor into a chainmail (just the torso, btw) is making me move faster even at more than 50% of my total load (still had the knight armor in the inventory) -- and if i remove some items to get under the 50%, i don't move any faster; also if i equip weapons in both the first and second slot, i move slower again.
-
Also, i found an estoc and once equipped (first slot, second slot empty) i run slow yet again, can't wrap my head around it.
The
Taurus
was so much easier once i had faster roll and sprint(running in general).

Insaniac

after the 2nd bell and
quelaag
where do I go to get out? do I proceed into the demon ruins? I already killed
ceaseless discharge
but i wanna go to the iron gates that opened.

Phenomic said:
So about to craft a certain fire weapon. Wondering if it's worth it or not.

Quelaag's Furysword. People seem to swear by this weapon is it true? I won't be able to upgrade it right away because I foolishly used my Demon Titantite, but I imagine it's still worth it. Visually it looks awesome, but I want some forum reassurance before I take the plunge.

I'm skeptical because it has lower attack power, but people seem to think it's awesome compared to the Lighting Spear.
you didn't look at the fire power did youzzz. That's where the damage comes from. So yeah if you're into swords, it can definitely be recommended. Lightning Halberd is still the best imo, but it's not too far behind.

Jonsoncao

Banned
prodystopian said:
Does the
New Londo key from the top of Blighttown
do anything if I have the key as my starting gift?
For a Dex build thief, it is pretty useful if you could access to Blighttown early in the game for the
shadow armor set(looks like ninja) and Iaido katana

elty

Just a tip:

Make sure you go to your equipment screen, and remove Humanity or Twin Humanity from the item list. Or you will be like me, using the humanity by accident. :(

2AdEPT

Jonsoncao said:
For a Dex build thief, it is pretty useful if you could access to Blighttown early in the game for the
shadow armor set(looks like ninja) and Iaido katana
NOt to mention the
curese prevent arnour PRIOR to doing the depths (sorry forget the reall name)
and a way to farm souls (giant;s fall off ledge in tunnel.) Awesome awesome place ot go early if you can as the back half of blightown has easy enemies I think compared to the depths.

Ramirez

How exactly do you get the hidden paths to show up? I saw in a video a while back where a wall just disappears and I've seen messages in game alluding to their being one nearby, but I've hit the wall and nothing happens. What am I missing?

Also, I took an elevator at the Darkroot Garden area and came out to a bridge that had a bunch of blue dragons sitting around, I'm assuming if I just rang the first bell, this isn't the area I should be in? I was too afraid to try and attack them. :p

UrbanRats said:
I'll copy this here:

The
Taurus
was so much easier once i had faster roll and sprint(running in general).

All weapons and armor add to your total equip rate. Movement/rolling speed is broken up to 5 tiers based what % of the max equip rate you are using.

0% (no armor and weapons) = Fastest
<25% = Faster
<50% = slower than a fast roll in Demon's Souls but faster than a Fat roll
<75% = Fat roll
100% = No rolling/sprinting

elohel

can the blacksmith in the undead parish use the souls of bosses? like could i get that quelaag's sword done there?

UrbanRats

razgriz417 said:
All weapons and armor add to your total equip rate. Movement/rolling speed is broken up to 5 tiers based what % of the max equip rate you are using.

0% (no armor and weapons) = Fastest
<25% = Faster
<50% = slower than a fast roll in Demon's Souls but faster than a Fat roll
<75% = Fat roll
100% = No rolling/sprinting
Where can i see my equipped rate though? i have two numbers in the stats sheet, one it's the total amount of weight i can carry and the other is the total amount of weight i'm carrying (including non equipped armours and weapons), where do i see the weight of just equipped items?

UrbanRats said:
Where can i see my equipped rate though? i have two numbers in the stats sheet, one it's the total amount of weight i can carry and the other is the total amount of weight i'm carrying (including non equipped armours and weapons), where do i see the weight of just equipped items?

Uh that is the number of your equipped items. If they are in the slots, they are considered equipped and just do the math in your head, thats what i do.

And there's no carry weight, you can hold up to nearly 2000 items in your bag i believe

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
UrbanRats said:
Nothing unequipped adds any weight to anything. You have a pocket dimension.

Trevelyon

Asked this before and didn't get an answer.

If you've cleared a boss, let's say
Gaping Dragon
in your world can you still be summoned by players who haven't in theirs?

I'm standing a point that was a hive of activity for summoning yesterday, cleared the boss in my world, and now absolutely nothing.

Trevelyon said:

Gaping Dragon

I'm standing a point that was a hive of activity for summoning yesterday, cleared the boss in my world, and now absolutely nothing.

Yes, you can still be summoned. I've had the same issues - have you leveled up a bit since yesterday?

Phenomic said:
How do you get to the bottom of
Sen's Fortress and is there a good way to kill those Demon's down there?

Stand on the platform below the swinging axe's, on the side that only has one axe very close to the edge, below is a ledge halfway between the platform and the pit. You can jump onto that and only lose ~ 1/4 health. The Demons are pretty easy to kill with Pyromancy, I've never tried Magic, and using melee it will be very hard. You might try firebomb if you're a melee heavy character, or snipe them with bows.

Raide

Trevelyon said:

Gaping Dragon

As far as I know, you join the Hosts world, so you play through their progress. If they have not killed the boss, they can summon you. Of course, this is still all based around what covenant they are in, their level etc.

Trevelyon

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Yes, you can still be summoned. I've had the same issues - have you leveled up a bit since yesterday?

Does humanity held boost the chances of being summoned? Cause I can't get summoned to save my life in the depths, now that I've cleared that areas boss.

Edit; 35 minutes of standing like a stone statue, I finally get summoned.

Speevy

Banned
Can someone tell me where the
second (if there even is one) bonfire in the Catacombs is exactly? I'm really fed up with these skeletons. I'm plenty powerful enough to take on anything in this level, but it's so incredibly tedious. I made it to narrow hallway with the scorpion guy but died there. I wish this game would just let you bypass all these annoying skeletons once you've pressed all the levers.

UrbanRats

razgriz417 said:
Uh that is the number of your equipped items. If they are in the slots, they are considered equipped and just do the math in your head, thats what i do.

And there's no carry weight, you can hold up to nearly 2000 items in your bag i believe
Hawkian said:
Nothing unequipped adds any weight to anything. You have a pocket dimension.
Holy shit, it make sense now..and i even dropped plenty of (luckly not very good) stuff. :\
Thanks a bunch. :)

Speevy said:
Can someone tell me where the
second (if there even is one) bonfire in the Catacombs is exactly? I'm really fed up with these skeletons. I'm plenty powerful enough to take on anything in this level, but it's so incredibly tedious. I made it to narrow hallway with the scorpion guy but died there. I wish this game would just let you bypass all these annoying skeletons once you've pressed all the levers.

I just ran past them. The first 2 in the small room are easy to avoid, the 3 along the ledge can be passed with timely rolls, as soon as you jump down to the bottom ledge they usually can't follow, then just roll past the 2 in the small room and do a super-jump across the gap of the bridge to get back to the one-legged dude quickly.

JoeFenix

Does anyone know where I can find
Grigs of Vinheim in Hollowed form in Sen's Fortress? He's supposed to be there, he drops a sorcery spell that I need.

Top Bottom