• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT++| Bearer of...Seek...Seek...Lest

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Getting really sick of the Twin Tigers (or maybe just the run to them) on NG+.

What's the cheesiest way to kill them? Hexes? Summons makes it much worse, since the second tiger will enter the fight much earlier.

I beat them with a summon. I think I fluked it, as we did it on the first try. We managed to kill the first twin *just* as the second one came into play. We might have got lucky.

The key thing is focus on the removing the first pet from the game as soon as possible. He has much less HP.

I beat them with a summon. I think I fluked it, as we did it on the first try. We managed to kill the first twin *just* as the second one came into play. We might have got lucky.

The key thing is focus on the removing the first pet from the game as soon as possible. He has much less HP.

Yeah, the first couple of times I managed to get the first down really fast, but have kept failing everytime after that. Lack of concentration due to frustration I think, haha.

I'll maybe try summoning again, but I don't see many signs around there. (I don't think many people want to co-op through Frigid Outskirts these days.) I typically summon Feeva and Vengarl just to take the aggro from the reindeer, and then Black Crystal them before the fight.

Just want to get them done, since I'm looking forward to starting NG+2. =\ (Have some fun ideas for that.)

MG310

I used Feeva and Vengarl on NG++

They can take a beating and do a fair amount on damage...though the most important thing is that they can keep both Tigers from doing the lunge + 2 swipes on you at the same time.

I tried to keep both tigers alive as long as I could...that way when the surviving one turned on his health regen he only had about 15-20 percent of his health left.

ElTopo

Banned
Intentional, could be. Idiotic for sure. Playing through DkS1 now I'm amazed at how accurate the hitboxes are in that game. Not even in terms of rolling and iframes, but generally when running about.

No commandgrabs that suck you into it after you've clearly evaded it, no "shockwaves" from flattening attacks.. Even the PVP hitboxes are better, with less phantom hits and BS like that.

f1ojpGe.gif

Good times..

What kind of Halberd is that?

Nere

Just got some free days from army and was thinking of trying the 3rd DLC. Played the other 2 I liked the first one but not the 2nd how is the 3rd one? Worth playing it?

Mistel

Banned
Just got some free days from army and was thinking of trying the 3rd DLC. Played the other 2 I liked the first one but not the 2nd how is the 3rd one? Worth playing it?
The third is the best of the three dlc argubly lots of exploration, some decent weapons and armor, and alright level design. Some enemy's are a bit meh and there's reskins though.
Kooks like the Black Knight Halberd. It was my main weapon for most of DS1.
It is a black knight halberd.

Intentional, could be. Idiotic for sure. Playing through DkS1 now I'm amazed at how accurate the hitboxes are in that game. Not even in terms of rolling and iframes, but generally when running about.

No commandgrabs that suck you into it after you've clearly evaded it, no "shockwaves" from flattening attacks.. Even the PVP hitboxes are better, with less phantom hits and BS like that.

f1ojpGe.gif

Good times..

Ah the good times when melted and ashe were actually melted and ashe

Mistel

Banned
Should I infused the Wrathful Axe and with what? I dont care about its slow special attack.
It's not the strongest in terms of raw damage so infusing it shouldn't hurt that much you'd get B/D/B scaling with a 207/254 split. Its got a slight elemental damage orientation once infused over physical about it really.

You'd be better off with a mastodon or an old knight pike both deal higher damage once infused with regards to elemental and physical.

He is an insanely difficult, but fun and rewarding fight. I had to co-op to kill him, but one day I will solo him. I think the lowest I got him was to the K in Knight.

The 5% one was when I had a partner and they were really good, rolling constantly able to dodge everything and probably did 60% of the damage. At the end though he was just relentless on me and my shield is only 85% fire proof. :\

The 5% one was when I had a partner and they were really good, rolling constantly able to dodge everything and probably did 60% of the damage. At the end though he was just relentless on me and my shield is only 85% fire proof. :\

Lol how he is a fire based boss but ends to be dark element damage.

Rolling into him helps surprisingly with a decent amount of I frames maybe try that?

I keep getting so close and then either the person I summon dies or he just goes into like roid rage mode on me until I'm die when he's almost dead.

edit: I haven't felt this bad about a game in a long time, god dammit.

My current stats:
SL:242
VGR:30
END: 35
VIT: 38
ATN: 25
STR: 67
DEX: 26
ADP: 11
INT: 5
FTH: 58

Using Red Iron TwinBlade +10, Chlo ring +2, Dark Quartz +3, Thrid Dragon Ring, Ring of Blades

HALP

Mistel

Banned
If you've got it wear veldstadt's helm to make him ditch the fume sword then his moveset is far more open for attacks. You're FTH ain't going to help due to the high lightning resistance fume has. Try with a strike or strike/thrust weapon the will deal more damage than your slash weapon will so something like a grand lance or a dragon tooth for example.

Roll into him, watch the backswing. Roll straight through his sword. If you keep backing away and looking for openings, eventually he's going to get you and possibly OHKO you with that slow swing or fireballs. Just roll through his sword and hit him in the back of the knee, and be careful of his 3 hit combos. I was stuck on that asshole for probably 2 hours and then suddenly I beat him with 4 Estus left when I stopped respecting him. Would be a cool boss if they hadn't just cranked his damage output up so high.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's not the strongest in terms of raw damage so infusing it shouldn't hurt that much you'd get B/D/B scaling with a 207/254 split. Its got a slight elemental damage orientation once infused over physical about it really.

You'd be better off with a mastodon or an old knight pike both deal higher damage once infused with regards to elemental and physical.
The mastodon is good with lightning? I've tried to find a halberd I like but none seems to have the gargoyle halberds awesome moveset

I keep getting so close and then either the person I summon dies or he just goes into like roid rage mode on me until I'm die when he's almost dead.

edit: I haven't felt this bad about a game in a long time, god dammit.

My current stats:
VGR:30
END: 35
STR: 67
DEX: 26
ADP: 11
FTH: 58

Using Red Iron TwinBlade +10, Chlo ring +2, Dark Quartz +3, Thrid Dragon Ring, Ring of Blades

HALP

More agility could help, I would use a Soul Vessel and change your stats to something like this:

VGR: 43
END: 40
STR: 50
DEX: 25
ADP: 19
FTH: 50

Change whatever stats you like, but the key is whatever combination of ATN and ADP that gets you 100 agility. You will have a much easier time dodging attacks with higher agility.

More agility could help, I would use a Soul Vessel and change your stats to something like this:

VGR: 43
END: 40
STR: 50
DEX: 25
ADP: 19
FTH: 50

Change whatever stats you like, but the key is whatever combination of ATN and ADP that gets you 100 agility. You will have a much easier time dodging attacks with higher agility.

Thanks I'll try this in the morning. Needed a break @.@

Murdering aliens in Defense Grid 2 now @.@

Also other than the great clubs, what are good great hammers?

Dragon's Tooth is good and has the same moveset as the Great Club (I think), or if you want some serious style, the Gyrm Great Hammer is a fun one to swing around.

---

There are a couple of gankers on the Iron Keep bridge at the moment and they're using the White Ring and the Ring of the Living to swap their host and summon colours. It totally worked, I went after the "host" the first two times I fought them and couldn't beat the pair of them. Then I invaded the real host while he was alone and saw him standing by the bonfire with his White Ring on! The next time I invaded both of them I immediately ran to where the real host was hiding (the stairs next to the Iron Keep doors) and backstabbed him for a fast win.

Mistel

Banned
The mastodon is good with lightning? I've tried to find a halberd I like but none seems to have the gargoyle halberds awesome moveset
Yes it is 287/287 split with B/B scaling for STR/FTH strongest you're gonna get in the halberd department
Also other than the great clubs, what are good great hammers?
Archdrake mace, drakekeepers warpick, dragon tooth, and gyrm great hammer. Smelter is strong but it's a slow even for a great hammer.

If experienced Souls players want to keep playing in the same way they used to now they have to invest some souls on ADP, that means they cannot use those souls to improve their strength, dexterity, faith, intelligence, etc., which make them very dangerous for new players during invasions; both new players and experienced ones had to learn what stats gave them more benefits, and that's a good thing imo.
But stats no longer matter thanks to Soul Memory, so everyone can have as much in any stat they want. Not even sure why they bothered having stat requirements on weapons any more tbh since they went this way.

Ruuppa

But stats no longer matter thanks to Soul Memory, so everyone can have as much in any stat they want. Not even sure why they bothered having stat requirements on weapons any more tbh since they went this way.

The devs obviously want people to keep leveling and leveling forever, hence the somewhat crazy stat requirements on some of the DLC equips. Builds are a thing of a distant past, and limiting your SL to a particular meta has mostly been abandoned as well. It's pretty damn sad for the PVP scene, and the most interesting PVP fights that I can nowadays find are under 1mil SM.

Tying rolls to a stat falls into the same category as the whole concept of SM: Might work on paper but is patently horrible in practice. Having heavily armored guys almost-fatroll through and into your attacks with high iframes is extremely jarring when a naked SL1 guy with fast rolls the length of a Washing Pole can't dodge anything. And that's before we get into "shockwaves" -territory.

Edit: Fun timey trickery video!

Kayo-kun

Finally beat
Darklurker
after more than 25x tries. So many human effigies wasted. I feel like a burden have been liften from my shoulders and just wanted to share it with you guys. It's my first playtrough :)

NEO0MJ

Saw some funny art, wanted to share it.

When I realized that you could only get that if you lure the boss to it I was pretty sad but when I did get it on NG+ and knew what it was I had to laugh.

Max power Hexahavelasaurus?

stupid backwards jumping cat

http://a.pomf.se/uucwll.webm

I never really payed attention to him jumping until I started helping people against that boss.

Finally beat
Darklurker
after more than 25x tries. So many human effigies wasted. I feel like a burden have been liften from my shoulders and just wanted to share it with you guys. It's my first playtrough :)

One of the better fights in the series. Wish we knew more about what it is, though.

Ruuppa

Finally beat
Darklurker

Congrats on beating one of the hardest fights in the non-DLC game! Now the real fight begins.

Mistel

Banned
Still it's 25/11 vs a suggested 25/19
25 ATT with 11 ADP is an agility of 94.5 so with that you've got bare minimum of 9 I frames maybe 10 if it rounds up that's sufficient amount. 25/19 gives you 100 agility so 12 I frame which is more favorable for most but not a requirement.

Woof, I had forgotten how unforgiving Sinh is in regards to weapon durability. I was able to hit him just eight times with my Pursuer's UGS (60 durability total) and then it was almost broken at 3 durability!

Ruuppa

Gawd dangit, there goes another Exalted+Conqueror run down the gutter. Literally. Goddamn headshooting statues and their irritating placement.

On the plus side, I can speedrun all four of the Great Souls in under 2 hours, yaaaay.

And then die in Amana.

Top Bottom