• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMoth

Just saw someone posted a spoiler thread, have some people really got the game already? Goddamn I am jealous. Hopefully I can stay strong and ignore all the videos and reviews the next 10 days, I was keeping up with most of the coverage until a few months ago but I think I've forgotten most of it so I can go in suitable fresh.

SJRB

Gold Member
Aw shit, don't watch the Gamespot video guys. There's nothing inherently wrong with it but it ruins a moment I had rather experienced first hand.

I was trying to think up what would be a good OT title a week or so ago and I came up with "The Dark Souls of Sequels." The actual title is eerily similar to what I was imagining...Mindjob!

I've fought the hype back pretty well until now, but Dark Souls is my game of the generation so I can only remain chill for so long. I'm starting to crack and get excited at last....It's gonna be a long week!

Another heads up for spoiler-dodgers: there's a screenshot of an early game boss in the most recently released Game Informer. I wasn't expecting it and wish I didn't see it.

zewone

Launch party in San Francisco this week:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/1zku3r/ds2_launch_event_in_san_fran_ca_this_week/

Hey guys - We're having a DS2 launch event in San Francisco, CA this week. We'll have the playable game there, a free drink for the first 50 people, and a raffle with a ton of cool Dark Souls Swag. I know it's short notice and far away for lots of people but if you're in the area you should come hang out!
I'll check back to answer any questions.
Pasting the text that I used on Facebook below -
We're having a Dark Souls II Launch Event in San Francisco, CA this week and you're invited!
What: Dark Souls II Launch Event
Where: 46 Minna St. - San Francisco, CA - 94105
When: Thursday March 6th, 6:00 PM -11:00 PM PST
Why: We'll have kiosks with playable versions of the game, 1 FREE drink on us for the first 50 people, and a raffle with tons of great prizes (Games, T-shirts, Collectibles, and more!)
(You must be 21 years of age to attend) Line starts at 5:00 PM - We'll see you there!

feel

I still think that I'll have no problem waiting for the pc versi-
1618418_3078367559518_2034631594_n.jpg
JUST KILL ME NOW

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Really excited, like my #1 most anticipated. should be getting mine soon.

Though kind of disapointed it didn't come out months ago in Japan so I could easily reference online all the info I'll need to beat it since I'll get lost and need help constantly :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Really excited, like my #1 most anticipated. should be getting mine soon.

Though kind of disapointed it didn't come out months ago in Japan so I could easily reference online all the info I'll need to beat it since I'll get lost and need help constantly :)
Now you can play it the fun
omg wtf is going on
way and get that OMG I DID IIIIIIIIT feeling that's 10x greater than the other one :D

K.Sabot

So has the speed of the running animation vs the amount of terrain traversed been corrected in final builds? I haven't been watching anything and I hope they fixed that awkward sliding.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So has the speed of the running animation vs the amount of terrain traversed been corrected in final builds? I haven't been watching anything and I hope they fixed that awkward sliding.

I heard it was a bit improved but still sorta the same.

GUMBY SOULS LET'S GO

Seance

Banned
I'm going deprived. No reason for me not to even if i want a strong focus in one particular magic or another because of how every attribute is key.
I'm thinking str weapons with some hexes and miracles thrown in.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Idk... but they seriously increased the movement speed. It kind of annoys me, but hey... I love souls so whatever I guess.

Dresden

Amazon upgraded my order to one day shipping, but I had one day shipping already. Ah.

Might go digital for this one.

Evolved1

Amazon upgraded my order to one day shipping, but I had one day shipping already. Ah.

Might go digital for this one.

I already paid off my Gamestop steelbook... but listening to my PS3 rev up while playing DS has me seriously considering digital.

Idk... don't really know what to do.

Jobbs

Banned
Amazon's strange.

My preorder that I made ages ago with prime 2 day shipping gave me a march 13 delivery date.

I changed it to one day shipping, and it became march 12th delivery date.

I said fuck it I'll just buy digital on day one and changed it back to free two day shipping.

And then it became March 11 delivery date.

Dresden

Just tried the shipping speed change thing and it worked. Shifted it back to one day shipping again, now set to March 11th. So strange.

I already paid off my Gamestop steelbook... but listening to my PS3 rev up while playing DS has me seriously considering digital.

Idk... don't really know what to do.

Yeah, that's a concern too. My PS3 sounds like it's dying whenever I put a disc in (admittedly the last time I did this was like a year ago). I need it to last until P5. :(

Clevinger

Just tried the shipping speed change thing and it worked. Shifted it back to one day shipping again, now set to March 11th. So strange.(

I have two-day shipping and Amazon said it'd get here on the 13th. I just switched the shipping address slightly from one that had my state initialed to one with my state typed out in full and now the delivery estimate is the 11th. Saw this (changing your shipping address) worked for some other people on DK2's reddit.

Hopefully it actually works, but if not oh well. Maybe it's just a little bug until it figures out the real estimate.

I have two-day shipping and Amazon said it'd get here on the 13th. I just switched the shipping address slightly from one that had my state initialed to one with my state typed out in full and now the delivery estimate is the 11th. Saw this (changing your shipping address) worked for some other people on DK2's reddit.

Hopefully it actually works, but if not oh well. Maybe it's just a little bug until it figures out the real estimate.

Worked for me too, I didn't have to change shipping address though. Just changed to 1day and back to 2day

Spring break starts Next week for me and Ill have this game, SouthPark and be picking up my PS4...I will see no one next week, family and friends be damned. lol

The shipping trick worked for my strategy guide, my game still says "Delivery estimate: We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date."

I'm just going to pick it up from the shop downstairs from work, I think.

Evolved1

Been thinking about staring class... I know it doesn't really matter in the long run, but actually in Souls games I usually role-play a little bit, so the original identity of the class does kind of affect how I play.

My current most-played builds in Souls are no-shield Dex'ers... I was thinking Knight and avoiding shields, but now I'm considering a build where I use a shield but don't allow myself any scale armor.

Decisions decisions.

Yeah, that's a concern too. My PS3 sounds like it's dying whenever I put a disc in (admittedly the last time I did this was like a year ago). I need it to last until P5. :(

I still have my 40GB PS3 from launch and it makes a few noises from time to time.

I don't think I would mind that much if it croaked if the PS4 had backwards compatability. But since it doesn't I can only hope my launch model will keep trucking along.

fedexpeon

Banned
Should I upgrade from 2Days Prime Shipping to 1 Day shipping?
Sure, it says 3/11 - 8PM for Prime....But I might get it earlier with 1 Day right?????

Saw that GS stream. Man the game looks amazing even on the PS3. Whoever has been taking screenshots for the press needs to look for a job in a different field.

Afrodium

Banned
I'm thinking of going all melee this time around. I'm going bandit because there's no wasted points in faith, int, or adaptability. I plan on making an agile build that can roll around enemies and then smack them with a gigantic sword.

Remember guys, kill any NPC with a shotel :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped that trope this time around and made the shotel-wielding NPC seem evil but actually helps you in the end. Players would kill them on sight to save themselves the trouble later.

MilkBeard

Quite literally Namco Bandai Games.

They don't even bother anymore.

A lot of publishers are doing this now. Too bad Atlus or Xseed aren't publishing because you know they'd be doing something more fancy. First print run is the Limited Edtion though, so that makes up for it.

A lot of publishers are doing this now. Too bad Atlus or Xseed aren't publishing because you know they'd be doing something more fancy. First print run is the Limited Edtion though, so that makes up for it.

Yeah, it honestly does not bother me since tutorials are so long and detailed beyond w/e words there would be in the manual anyway.

Anyway I just went to preorder this even though I'm still on the fence about it... my usual places are all out of preoders. Is it a sign!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom