• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

Yeah, it honestly does not bother me since tutorials are so long and detailed beyond w/e words there would be in the manual anyway.

Anyway I just went to preorder this even though I'm still on the fence about it... my usual places are all out of preoders. Is it a sign!?

I didn't know you could run out of pre-orders for a game...maybe NB had a prediction for how much they'd sell and they wanted to be close to that target for the first print. It may have to do with limiting the Limited Edition. Who knows though.

It will be interesting come Tuesday. I want to see how Titanfall and Dark Souls II compare at the Gamestop that am going to. There were a lot of Xenoblade preorders when that came out so there are a lot of JRPG fans that buy games there.

So what are most people that want the PC version doing? Buying it for consoles or waiting? I really don't know what I should do.

If I get the PS3 version, I'll get it next week, get an awesome steel case and would be able to play along with everyone else online and avoid spoilers.

But if I wait for the PC version (which we don't really have a set date for yet) it'll look and run way better. But no case. And would probably somehow end up getting spoiled and miss out on finding things out along with everyone else online.

UGH.

Con_Smith

Banned
Was thinking of going wanderer for my first build, but after checking the starting stats and actually reading the stat changes I might go swords man or depraved.

Might even say fuck it and actually play a pansy ass mage.

Wolff

Nothing stops the hype train for this one.

f6Kvvjc.png

Mupod

Nope nope nope not watching.

I don't care about the story or bosses very much, and I'm actively seeking all information relative to items, spells and covenants. But I don't want to know ANYTHING about level layouts.

So what are most people that want the PC version doing? Buying it for consoles or waiting? I really don't know what I should do.

If I get the PS3 version, I'll get it next week, get an awesome steel case and would be able to play along with everyone else online and avoid spoilers.

But if I wait for the PC version (which we don't really have a set date for yet) it'll look and run way better. But no case. And would probably somehow end up getting spoiled and miss out on finding things out along with everyone else online.

UGH.

Waiting for the PC version and imma stay out of this thread come release day

When they started talking about how the PS3 and 360 were causing technical limitations on the enemies they wanted to put into the game; made me wish they just skipped the last gen consoles.

Ellite25

So why is my Amazon pre-order saying that it's coming on the 13th?

Though admittedly I think I'm just going to cancel and wait for the PC version anyways.

Zaventem

I have two-day shipping and Amazon said it'd get here on the 13th. I just switched the shipping address slightly from one that had my state initialed to one with my state typed out in full and now the delivery estimate is the 11th. Saw this (changing your shipping address) worked for some other people on DK2's reddit.

Hopefully it actually works, but if not oh well. Maybe it's just a little bug until it figures out the real estimate.

To anyone on that bought the game on amazon and can't get same day shipping i also did this and it worked. Changed from State initials to the full thing and now it's on the 11th.

Coldsnap

I don't think I can wait for Amazon next day shipping on this.. I need it now, the day it comes out, the second. Does Gamestop have the metal case edition?

Grinchy

Banned
Damn why does Amazon have to be sold out on the Black Amor edition. Walmart has it but they aren't letting select in store pickup and they will take forever to ship it.

Apdiddy

I saw the intro movie and....the wait's too much. I pre-ordered Dark Souls II last year as soon as it showed up on Amazon.

If FROM Software decides to make a Dark Souls II: Prepare To Die AGAIN Edition for PS4...I will be there too.

My heart is already breaking.

Badgerst3

Gotta have fast roll! Damn you wood grain ring slut!

Also want bows and maybe finally play with pyromancy.

(Is pyromancy tied to intelligence?)

Gaf- would that make bandit my class and what stat should I pump up for my rolls?

Adaptability or dexterity?

There are so few games I look forward to these days that I ended up pre-ordering the PS3 version today. I want to play Dark Souls II as soon as possible. I'll play it right up until the PC version comes out, and then sell the PS3 version to recoup the cost so I don't feel too ashamed about buying the same game twice in such a small time frame.

GooeyHeat

Gotta have fast roll! Damn you wood grain ring slut!

Also want bows and maybe finally play with pyromancy.

(Is pyromancy tied to intelligence?)

Gaf- would that make bandit my class and what stat should I pump up for my rolls?

Adaptability or dexterity?
I don't know if it changed in this game, but in Dark Souls pyromancy didn't scale with any stat; it was purely based on the spell and how much you upgraded your flame. This made it better than other magic early on, but then it falls off at high levels, although you still get plenty of time where it's pretty powerful.

Next two weeks are gonna be awesome. Dark Souls II + FFX HD. Can't get much better than that!

I can't decide what "class" to start as - I generally prefer magic classes, but I don't know. I did sorcerer in Demon's Souls and it felt very OP (but was fun). I did Pyromancer in Dark Souls and that was fun, too. Not sure if I should do another mage class or change it up in Dark Souls 2.

Xamdou

So does Act 5 have cinematics? I want to go through it at least once on story and full steam ahead on adventure mode.

There are so few games I look forward to these days that I ended up pre-ordering the PS3 version today. I want to play Dark Souls II as soon as possible. I'll play it right up until the PC version comes out, and then sell the PS3 version to recoup the cost so I don't feel too ashamed about buying the same game twice in such a small time frame.

Good idea. Think I'm going to do this. I usually start a fresh character after a few hours in, in most rpgs.

MilkBeard

I don't know if it changed in this game, but in Dark Souls pyromancy didn't scale with any stat; it was purely based on the spell and how much you upgraded your flame. This made it better than other magic early on, but then it falls off at high levels, although you still get plenty of time where it's pretty powerful.

Pyromancy scales with dexterity, I believe that affected the casting speed.

Sendero

So what are most people that want the PC version doing? Buying it for consoles or waiting? UGH.
(barely) Holding the line.

I hadn't completed DS 1 (lost my advanced gamesave) so I pushed my way through all the bosses, and right now, the only pending ones are the black dragon and Gwyn. I'm not even sure if I will complete it in the near future, as want some space so I can go to DS 2 with renovated vigor. Will be nice to revisit the original for comparison purposes.

Right now, I'm playing some Shadowrun:Dragonfall and debating about South Park. Really, my main concern is not to get spoiled, as I heard there is something quite unexpected (story/character wise?) awaiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom