• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veggy

I saw a video of the 360 version in youtube and that video had a lot of screen tearing...frame-rate looked higher than Dragon's Dogma but the screen tearing looked worse, it was like constant and there all the time which was surprising since DaS2 is being developed in-house IIRC and the previous Souls games were v-synced.

Can Veggy confirm any of the above? I guess not but hopefully it was just a bad capture because it was really distracting. :(

I didn't notice any bad problems with screen tearing on the PS3 and the framerate was mostly steady, there aren't any areas near as bad as Blighttown framerate

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I didn't notice any bad problems with screen tearing on the PS3 and the framerate was mostly steady, there aren't any areas near as bad as Blighttown framerate

SFSCl2B.gif

elhav

Remember, European ps3 friends, if you buy the game on an american account, you can download and play it on the 11th.
I decided to get the physical copy. The tin box with the soundtrack is a good enough incentive. Plus I like to actually own the damn thing.

But definitely, if I were to buy it digitally it's an american account all the way.

Shinjica

Sometimes the framerate drops a little when there's a crapload of stuff happening on screen with spells and stuff going on, but still doesn't get anywhere near as bad as Framerate town

Thanks for the info. Now it's confirmed they didnt achieved what promised, meaning no 30FPS stable.

slash3584

Remember, European ps3 friends, if you buy the game on an american account, you can download and play it on the 11th.

I will, but I have a question:

If I preorder it, and configure the PS3 automatic update to start after the game has been released on the US PSN (12:01 PST AFAIK) would the game be downloaded automatically?

I ask this in case there is not a Pre-load option, as I don't want to get home from work and wait for it to download.

derwalde

if you buy all DLC on the US store, they'll work fine. only the DLCs are region-locked (as in, they work only on games of the same region).

well then theres no reason not to buy it in the US store i guess. can anyone tell me the price pls (im too lazy to boot my ps3).

edit: thanks for the info!

halfbeast

Banned
well then theres no reason not to buy it in the US store i guess. can anyone tell me the price pls (im too lazy to boot my ps3).

59.99$

I will, but I have a question:

If I preorder it, and configure the PS3 automatic update to start after the game has been released on the US PSN (12:01 PST AFAIK) would the game be downloaded automatically?

I ask this in case there is not a Pre-load option, as I don't want to get home from work and wait for it to download.

I bought (/unlocked) the 2nd episode of the walking dead on the webstore and checked the "download immediately" option (or whatever it's called). it didn't do that until I turned on my ps3, though. I'll give it another shot, maybe there are some options on the ps3 I missed.

edit: although, updating trophies/savefiles via PS PLUS does work automatically, so it should be possible?

Seen 2 boss fights now. One on a live stream and one on Youtube. Both looked really easy. Hopefully thats just the early stuff. :/

On the other hand the UI is now really really good. Good job whoever worked on that.

Guys, I've never played Dark Souls as I was intimidated by how hard everyone says it is. How story heavy is this one? Will I be able to catch on?

Clevinger

Guys, I've never played Dark Souls as I was intimidated by how hard everyone says it is. How story heavy is this one? Will I be able to catch on?

Not as hard as people say as long as you go in with patience and thinking about strategy and not rushing through things, and keep in mind the game will kick your ass a bit before you get good at it. Not story heavy in terms of cutscenes, but there is a decent amount of story. There's little bits spread out throughout the world and you have to piece a lot of it together yourself.

Lots of friendly Souls players here can give you a bunch of tips whenever you have trouble.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
That hood.. what? Who would wear that thing? Or display it, for that matter?

slash3584

59.99$

I bought (/unlocked) the 2nd episode of the walking dead on the webstore and checked the "download immediately" option (or whatever it's called). it didn't do that until I turned on my ps3, though. I'll give it another shot, maybe there are some options on the ps3 I missed.

edit: although, updating trophies/savefiles via PS PLUS does work automatically, so it should be possible?

Yeah afaik with PS + the PS3 turns itself on at a programmed time and games that are on your download queue are downloaded automatically.

I will add Tomb Raider to the download queue and configure the PS3 to turn on when Im home to check what happens.

halfbeast

Banned
If I do this will online be limited to other muricans or is it worldwide? And does it work like on the ps4 and It will be avaliable on my EU account?

as for the online part, if it's anything like the network test (and I guess that's why they did one) it'll be worldwide. the "region-locked" severs in demon's souls was only because every region had a different publisher.

not sure what your second question is about. if you're asking if you can play the US game on your EU account, then yes. but that's not something you can do on the ps4.

Thread has more posts than the Titanfall OT ;o

I would hope those who have seen Titanfall have been left unimpressed. ;)

Not surprising seeing how many people on gaf love demon's/dark souls. I played the titanfall beta on pc and was definitely underwhelmed by it.

Picking up the physical copy at gamestop on titanfall midnight release. Always have bad experiences with digital midnight, and seeing how it comes out at 12 pst, I won't be able to download it till 3 am. Even then I could never download the game right at the time it comes out. Always takes like another hour on top of that. Can't be wasting precious dark souls time ;).

Gbraga

You'll probably miss on a lot of references, fanservice and closure people will get, but you'll still be able to follow, you can jump in on the second game for sure.

Also, the narrative in this series isn't quite as you'd expect from most games. You can finish it several times without knowing absolutely anything about the plot.

I don't see a reason to ignore the first game though, it's not one of those games where as soon as the sequel is out, the previous game is irrelevant. Just like there are people who prefer Demon's to Dark, I'm sure a lot of people will prefer Dark I to II.

Birathen

as for the online part, if it's anything like the network test (and I guess that's why they did one) it'll be worldwide. the "region-locked" severs in demon's souls was only because every region had a different publisher.

not sure what your second question is about. if you're asking if you can play the US game on your EU account, then yes. but that's not something you can do on the ps4.

Yea, on the PS4 I bought Madden and FIFA through my US account but I play the games logged in to my regular EU account. Thanks for the answeres! I will prolly doubledip on this now :p

If I do this will online be limited to other muricans or is it worldwide? And does it work like on the ps4 and It will be avaliable on my EU account?

You can totally play that game on your EU account, i've done this for GTA V and the last of us. Servers are not region locked so you can play with whoevs.

Fhtagn

Thanks for the info. Now it's confirmed they didnt achieved what promised, meaning no 30FPS stable.

When did they promise that? I remember being amused by an early interview about DkS2 where they admitted that while they are aiming for a much more stable frame rate, if they have to sacrifice frame rate to achieve something "really cool" they'd do it.

Clevinger

They didn't promise that. Stop making stuff up.

edit: I stand corrected. Though it's weird the only time we've ever heard about that is in some Spanish interview while talking about the PC framerate.

Shinjica

When did they promise that? I remember being amused by an early interview about DkS2 where they admitted that while they are aiming for a much more stable frame rate, if they have to sacrifice frame rate to achieve something "really cool" they'd do it.

Word from the director found in a previous thread

Yet there will still distinguish between consoles and computers, as the co-director of the project, Yui Tanimura, we confirmed to our searching questions that will play at 60 frames per second on PC while the rate will remain at the 30 for consoles. Yes, FromSoftware wanted this time to be very clear about it and has promised that the frame rate will not fall under any circumstances, since it is something I have taken great care and effort.

They didn't promise that. Stop making stuff up.

so probably my quote up are a dream

convo

To the people who are disappointed by the few bosses they saw, maybe you should watch more until you regret seeing the boss that seems to correspond to your skill level :p.

Gurrry

To the people who are disappointed by the few bosses they saw, maybe you should watch more until you regret seeing the boss that seems to correspond to your skill level :p.

My friend is an avid DS player. I let him borrow my ps3 to play DeS. Before he played it though, he always said how he could beat the game in one try and that it "looked so much easier than DS".

Well, as of last night, he cant even get to the tower knight.

So, while it may LOOK easy from a stream.. youre going to get your ass handed to you once you really get the game.

deadeye

I've seen too much already. Watched a few minutes of a stream last night, and saw a boss fight I wish I didn't see. I'm not clicking on anymore links!!

I'm ghost till Tuesday.

Well, I confirmed I'll be getting it Monday. Though I'd already committed to doing a design evaluation for a board game that won a local contest and is getting Kickstarted. So it will sit on my desk until the evening.

Damnit, I just realized I'm running an RPG Monday night, too.

elhav

I've seen too much already. Watched a few minutes of a stream last night, and saw a boss fight I wish I didn't see. I'm not clicking on anymore links!!

I'm ghost till Tuesday.
Why are you spoiling it for yourself? Some patience guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom