• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded my version to the collectors last night. I am SO FUCKING READY TO DIE! Not watching any streams though, but those that did. Tell me it looks worth the hype. Just give me the Jack Nickleson nod!

http://imgur.com/a/iCHZD

Comparisons of demo build lighting versus PS3/360 lighting.

Little bit disappointing. I'm assuming (hoping) the PC version will look more like the demo build and hopefully we get PS4/Xone releases in the future (crossing fingers).

What the hell, Demo looks so much better, they just needed to dial back the black crush, not remove all shadows entirely :(

Oni3298

The PS360 version looks better? Unless you want to see nothing but crushed blacks everywhere. Final build looks a lot more vivid and realistic.

Oh come on. The atmosphere that the lighting in the original brings is so much better than the PS3/360 versions. It just looks more flat now...

Don't get me wrong either, this isn't a make or break thing by any means, but it was just something the game seemed like it was going to deliver on from a lighting standpoint.

elhav

Indeed here comes the double dip. I don't care, I'll finish my first playthrough on my PS3 and then jump on the PC version for a PVP build...

Just come out already!

I think new consoles tempered my hype for this game but after briefly glancing at some streams, I can't wait!!!!

A bit disappointed by the new soul sucking sound though. Not as satisfying, strange that they changed it.

Horns

Any indication if I should preorder the 360 or PS3 version?

I'm currently leaning 360 because of DS1's performance.

d0nd

just anecdotal stuff from giantbomb they are wanting to buy PC and for day one maybe hitup their platform of choice

i'm doing day one digital ps3 (mainly because i have an ssd on it and i like the speed)

Gorillaz

I think I might be able to get a copy early, one ma and pa shop usually has some things early and might resell. Well see i'll keep yall posted

Not until DF does a comparison, go with whatever you want breh

Getting PS3 day one, I'll double dip for PC. Not waiting over a month just due to graphic/FPS upgrade, I'll live with how it is now.

Plus the fun of it is everyone is starting fresh at once, everyone trying to piece together everything

ironcreed

Banned
I upgraded my version to the collectors last night. I am SO FUCKING READY TO DIE! Not watching any streams though, but those that did. Tell me it looks worth the hype. Just give me the Jack Nickleson nod!

jacknicholson.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Dark Souls II is mine. I'll be posting spoiler free impressions here... if I can pull myself away from the game that is

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dark Souls II is mine. I'll be posting spoiler free impressions here... if I can pull myself away from the game that is

Creamium
shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
(Today, 06:25 PM)

jk, which version?

If anyone can get a early copy on PS3 today and ship out overnight, I can pay pal today. Trying to see if I can get this by Saturday. Just PM me if its possible. I have good feedback in the buy/sell/trade thread. :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

I'm trying to avoid spoilers... but I would love to hear specific on how dual wielding works. Specifically parrying.

Lots of speculation.... need the facts.

neoemonk

Don't feel like digging the post up since I'm on my phone, but to the person asking if anyone can finish Dark Souls without going online for a wiki, yes it is possible.

I played the game online so there were messages, so I don't know if that diminishes the accomplishment or whatever, but I played without a wiki and then went back after. I missed a lot of stuff.

I'm not one of those people that beat every boss in one or two tries either. I did most of them at least five times, sometimes more. I remember spending two days on O&S before finally winning. It probably took me 30 attempts.

It took me about 80 hours over four months to finish the game. I never figured out humanity or covenants.

To be fair I played Demon's Souls prior, and used a wiki for that, so I wanted a fresh experience.

My point is you don't have to be good or even smart to be able to finish a Souls game. Just persistent.

Got my black armor edition preordered for ps3 at gamestop, just preordered the pc for 40 bucks thanks to gmg. Now I'm ready for nonstop dark souls 2 for at least a few months lol.

Gorillaz

GS managers at times break street date for big games, but it's obviously for themselves and they won't announce that to the world. No way in hell a normal customer will get it unless they have connections.

but those small less known shops are usually the ones that will sell maybe 5-10 copies of a big game the weekend before it releases and possibly for 10 dollars more. You gotta know how to work it tho to get that done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom