• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

Hmm. I have a hard time believing that screen tearing is in the game itself and not related to the stream. Even with the shitty ass framerate in DS there wasn't any such screen tearing that I could see, but that was the PS3 version.

If it's in the Xbox 360 version only, then maybe a patch will come to fix it? Seems like a big problem, it's not just a minor thing. I hope the PS3 version doesn't have it.

Dark Souls II coming to PC on April 25. Like, (probably) for real this time. Namco just posted on their Facebook page.

DARK SOULS II for PC and Steam is coming on 25th April 2014!
PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.

As for console, and while supplies last, fans pre-ordering the game will receive the Black Armour Edition – containing an Exclusive Metal Case, the Original Game Soundtrack and an early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set – or if pre-ordered on STEAM® fans will get bonuses - digital soundtrack and the early access to the Black Armour Weapon Set, the Official Dark Souls™ II Artbook in PDF format and The complete Dark Souls™ II Digital Comic Book (written by Rob Williams and Andi Ewington with art provided by Simon Coleby) as digital extras for a complete immersion in the universe of DARK SOULS™ II.

DARK SOULS II will be launching Across Americas on March 11th and across Europe and Australasia on March 14th on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The game will then be available on PC and Steam on 25th April 2014.
Light a bonfire on www.DarkSoulsII.com/ to get more information about the game and pre-order offers.

Ourobolus

Banned
WTF, now my Amazon order says it will be delivered in the 13th. I should contact them.

EDIT: Re-selecting 2-day shipping speed seems to have fixed it.

MilkBeard

Holy shit, this new area in the stream looks...beautiful. Damn. Didn't think it was gonna look that good.

Okay, I'm gonna stop watching now.

Stimpack

NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN
1349618399963.gif

That's Blaine the Train, right?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Namco said:
DARK SOULS II for PC and Steam is coming on 25th April 2014!
PC & STEAM version will benefit from PC capabilities with increased texture resolution and an enhanced frame rate option. On top of that, FromSoftware have been working to perfectly adapt the game for a mouse & keyboard combo.

Bah I care not for that, as I quite enjoy playing Dark Souls through Steam with my Xbox 360 pad. It controls superbly, and I can't see any other way to skillfully play the sequel than with the Xbox pad again. Still options are good, as long as they don't force us to use mouse / keyboard.

So the 27th of April it is then...

Nice have the ps3 pre ordered, now I'm gonna pre order this as well when I get home from work. Definitely not watching any of those streams, need to go in knowing absolutely nothing. Just like I did with demon's and dark souls. The best way to play.

Now by the time the pc version comes out I will know what to do. Can't wait to play dark souls 2 in dat 1080/60. Still a shame pc isn't coming out on the same day, or I would of just got that. Just can't wait another month, so I admit Namco caught me in their trap. Still I'll happily double dip for this game.

So regarding spells: (minor spoilers)

There are 29 sorceries, 27 miracles, 21 pyromancies and 19 hexes in DS2.
Dark souls had: 28 sorceries, 23 miracles and 20 pyromancies. So all numbers are up + we get one extra spell class. Seems good, really looking forward to trying out hexes.

Orayn

Bah I care not for that, as I quite enjoy playing Dark Souls through Steam with my Xbox 360 pad. It controls superbly, and I can't see any other way to skillfully play the sequel than with the Xbox pad again. Still options are good, as long as they don't force us to use mouse / keyboard.

So the 27th of April it is then...

The store page says it has full controller support.

T.O.P

Banned
I would hope those who have seen Titanfall have been left unimpressed. ;)

Nha just not much info to talk about, anyway i'm on the fence about ps3 or 360, especially about the tearing and the frame rate, still playing DS on pc with the DSfix at 60fps, going back to sub 30fps could be pretty traumatic

I already have it pre-ordered for pc but waiting more is pretty much impossible :/

spliced

I'm so curious to know how much the stuff I've learned in DS will help me in DS2. Just stuff like how helpful using items like firebombs and dung pies can be. I'm also gonna try to keep track of things better like what npcs say, what items merchants sell and what stuff enemies drop. Can't wait.

Oni3298

http://imgur.com/a/iCHZD

Comparisons of demo build lighting versus PS3/360 lighting.

Little bit disappointing. I'm assuming (hoping) the PC version will look more like the demo build and hopefully we get PS4/Xone releases in the future (crossing fingers).

nynt9

http://imgur.com/a/iCHZD

Comparisons of demo build lighting versus PS3/360 lighting.

Little bit disappointing. I'm assuming (hoping) the PC version will look more like the demo build and hopefully we get PS4/Xone releases in the future (crossing fingers).

The PS360 version looks better? Unless you want to see nothing but crushed blacks everywhere. Final build looks a lot more vivid and realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom