• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Persona7

Banned
Is there any way to get release-date delivery if you don't have Prime? I've already asked this, but I'm still quite unsure.

I spoke to a customer rep a few minutes ago, and he was pretty vague about the whole thing. I fear he didn't really know what he was talking about.

Currently, I have Two-Day Delivery selected as my delivery speed (I have to pay for it, since I am not a prime member), and I've yet to receive an email estimating the date of delivery.

Should I try to get another rep tomorrow, or does someone here know the answer?

I think before they let you switch to release date delivery but now they want you to cancel the order and then place the order with release date delivery. Even with prime they don't let you do it anymore. Maybe I remembering incorrectly but I vaguely remember being able to change it before. The most they can do through support is select overnight delivery if you made the order before RDD was added to the game.

Is anyone else going to solo every boss?
:eek:
mmm not sure: I always felt that the online component (the proper one, not the one based on fight clubs or arenas) is an integral part of the Dark Souls experience, in fact
I'm glad invasions in Dark Souls 2 can happen even if you're not full human

Ferr986

Watching a 360 stream and yeah the tearing is pretty rough

fuck no :(

From what Im seeing its not bad the chat says its hovering around 20 but doesnt look like that to me.

I'm watching a stream of the 360 version and the frame-rate looks sub-30 even with no v-sync.

that sucks. There were no major diferences between 360 and PS3 in DS1 if Im not mistaken.

UnrealEck

How are people getting this early? Is this another game this week being pirated several days before release?
Also, why is someone streaming it at 60 FPS when the game's only 30 FPS?

How are people getting this early? Is this another game this week being pirated several days before release?

Its not "another game" its every game really or at least a incredibly large portion. Every game is out a week or so early since distributors have to have it now to ship to all the stores so someone scoops one from there and boom its on the web.

Feindflug

fuck no :(

that sucks. There were no major diferences between 360 and PS3 in DS1 if Im not mistaken.

No you're not mistaken the differences between the two version in DaS were minor, Namco did a good job with the 360 port...it's surprising to see the in-house developed DaS2 performing like this.

Oh well I guess I'll cancel my 360 pre-order for now and play this on my PS3, if the frame-rate gets better with a patch (which I doubt but you never know) I'll get the 360 version somewhere down the line.

Didnt FROM promised a 30fps costantly?

I dont think that they specifically said that but yeah they promised that the frame-rate will be better this time around.

Also, why is someone streaming it at 60 FPS when the game's only 30 FPS?

Doesnt really change anything, probably didnt want to futz with settings he already had in his capture software.

Sickbean

Frame rate seemed fine in the beta. Not PC version fine, but still good enough for me to enjoy it.

Will give me yet another excuse to double dip for the PC/triple dip for PS4 to get that based, 60fps locked experience.

UnrealEck

Doesnt really change anything, probably didnt want to futz with settings he already had in his capture software.

I just found it funny that he mentioned it in the stream title. As if it's a plus point to attract people. He's a new streamer too (at least the account is) and changing 60 to 30 is hardly something difficult.

Didnt FROM promised a 30fps costantly?

Not to be a smartass, but I don't remember any FROMSOFTWARE game that managed to keep a steady 30fps. I'm not sure if even 3D Dot Heroes managed to do it, although I don't really recall noticing it, but all of their other games, the Souls series and Armored Core (specially)... you can certainly notice frame drops on those.

Shinjica

Not to be a smartass, but I don't remember any FROMSOFTWARE game that managed to keep a steady 30fps. I'm not sure if even 3D Dot Heroes managed to do it, although I don't really recall noticing it, but all of their other games, the Souls series and Armored Core (specially)... you can certainly notice frame drops on those.

Found in another thread

Yet there will still distinguish between consoles and computers, as the co-director of the project, Yui Tanimura, we confirmed to our searching questions that will play at 60 frames per second on PC while the rate will remain at the 30 for consoles. Yes, FromSoftware wanted this time to be very clear about it and has promised that the frame rate will not fall under any circumstances, since it is something I have taken great care and effort.

SPOILERS Icons of all items, spells, weapons and armor of the game in an Organized order:
http://i.4cdn.org/vg/src/1394101702868.jpg

Wow, huge variety of gear this time around. Not sure how it compares to the previous Souls games but it certainly feels like there's more gear to go around. I've already seen more than a few armors in particular that are quite appealing to me.

Dat last helmet on the third row... yummy.

ViciousDS

Banned
How about the PS3 version, does it also have screen tearing?

wonder if this is going to be like splinter cell and the PS3 version has the WAY less tearing.

ALSO, is the version the guy playing in the stream even legit? Because the 360 version has completely leaked to the webs.

Which means he would be playing 100% off the HDD and this could be a GTA V thing all over again.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Thread has more posts than the Titanfall OT ;o

NOTHING STOPS THIS TRAIN
1349618399963.gif

I keep jumping into this thread even though I intend to purchase on PC, but all this hype is really eroding my willpower. I should be able to finish up my Dark Souls run this weekend and then I will lose myself in Demon's Souls (if I play it offline I can probably get full black and white WT in one play through). That should hopefully take enough time to see me to the PC release.

I will solo the bosses. I have gave in many times and pleaded for help. No not this time. I will not give in so easily.

I will either observe other people defeating the bosses on Youtube or summon someone.

On most of my first playthrough I relied on help, but on the expansion I saw a video of the Artorias fight, memorised the moveset and defeated him in one try. On my second playthrough it took me about 6 attempts to defeat Artorias again. I guess I was inspired the first time I fought him.

On Dark Souls 2 I imagine I will do a mix of the two.

Sickbean

I will either observe other people defeating the bosses on Youtube or summon someone.

On most of my first playthrough I relied on help, but on the expansion I saw a video of the Artorias fight, memorised the moveset and defeated him in one try. On my second playthrough it took me about 6 attempts to defeat Artorias again. I guess I was inspired the first time I fought him.

On Dark Souls 2 I imagine I will do a mix of the two.

Artorias is a weird fight for me - I seem to either fight him perfectly or completely screw it up, nothing in between. The key is a high poise break weapon to stop him going Super Saiyan.

Facism

I will solo the bosses. I have gave in many times and pleaded for help. No not this time. I will not give in so easily.

do it bru. I always solo bosses and then help others do them afterwards. Pikachu and Snorlax were the highlight for me. Managed to beat them on my 2nd attempt, then got summed about 6 times afterwards to help others :D

Artorias is a weird fight for me - I seem to either fight him perfectly or completely screw it up, nothing in between. The key is a high poise break weapon to stop him going Super Saiyan.

I never stopped his "Super Saiyan" mode. If you know his move set, the fight is quite trivial. I think my biggest issue on my second playthrough was my timing, I rolled too soon and also got a bit unlucky with the amount of times he accumulated his buff.

But when you fight Artorias perfectly, rolling all his attacks, poking where there are gaps. It's such a beautiful fight. It's like a ballet of two very skilled warriors, by far the most enjoyable fight of the game for me.

Sickbean

I never stopped his "Super Saiyan" mode. If you know his move set, the fight is quite trivial. I think my biggest issue on my second playthrough was my timing, I rolled too soon and also got a bit unlucky with the amount of times he accumulated his buff.

But when you fight Artorias perfectly, rolling all his attacks, poking where there are gaps. It's such a beautiful fight. It's like a ballet of two very skilled warriors, by far the most enjoyable fight of the game for me.

Stopping him powering up was important to me on SL1 runs. It gave me 3 free hits anyway, plus allowed me to take at least 1 hit on the shield if I screwed something up. Super Saiyan Artorias gives no fuck to shields.

But yeah, great fight - super tense but fair. Really hope DS2 has done away with the Bed of Bullshit/Dragon God style bosses in favour of more Artorias type fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom