• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is going to be the best thing to ever happen to me.

If Bamco developed and released a "Dark Souls 2 console" that could only play Dark Souls 2, cost $1,000 and required video evidence of me defecating into the disc drive of my PS4, I'd be camping out right this very minute.

Excellent OT. Love the choice of font. :)

Pre-ordered the Future Press guide. Looking forward to see what From Software has in store for us.

Gorillaz

I probably will double dip if it hits next gen and possible triple if I build up a PC again. That's probably a ways off tho-

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im getting both for the reason that I have Demon's and Dark on PS3 and the little OCD in me would kill me and no PC CE to US. PC I need sexy res and better performance.

todd360

This game is going to be the best thing to ever happen to me.

If Bamco developed and released a "Dark Souls 2 console" that could only play Dark Souls 2, cost $1,000 and required video evidence of me defecating into the disc drive of my PS4, I'd be camping out right this very minute.

Well... The hype is strong in you I'll give you that.

Thinking of cancelling my Amazon CE preorder if an arrival date isn't announced soon. What are the odds of the CE shipping and actually arriving on release day? Astronomical?

Nice OT! Hype rising.

Any reports on the frame rate? I played DS1 on the 360, and oh boy... blighttown and a couple of other places were nearly unplayable.

Crossing my fingers that Gamestop doesn't screw me on another preorder.
I want that case and soundtrack! I still regret not preordering Dark Souls 1...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Nice OT! Hype rising.

Any reports on the frame rate? I played DS1 on the 360, and oh boy... blighttown and a couple of other places were nearly unplayable.
Consoles 30fps
PC 60fps

On consoles apparently still has dips but no Blighttown levels of bad.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
iwslH5UTBEQvF.png

Mine!

Persona7

Banned
Thinking of cancelling my Amazon CE preorder if an arrival date isn't announced soon. What are the odds of the CE shipping and actually arriving on release day? Astronomical?

I am pretty sure the CE and regular edition of the game has release date delivery.

Skab

My current plan is still to get this for PC. But, since there is no date yet, I'm thinking I'll redbox it for PS3 to scratch that itch once it's out on consoles.

Aww yiss. Motha. Fucking. Dark Souls 2 OT.

I'm sooo excited for this game. Kept a media blackout except for the info about classes and their starting stats. Have the stats been confirmed to be legit?

Unfortunately I'll be very busy this month so I might not be able to have much time to play right away.

Joei

Does anyone know what the new stat abilities are for? Specifically Vigor and Adaptability? Spoiler if you feel the need.

On a side note, I work the 11th and 12th and will be going nuts at work. I work 12 hour nightshifts and can't do much else but sleep and work those days. I'm going to be going nuts.

fedexpeon

Banned
A Namco USA PR guy told giantbomb in an interview that internally they knew the PC release date, but weren't announcing it.

Clever girl...Some of us will double dip for 1080/60 at a later point; but right now, that 1st day hype on console>>>>>1080/60 gameplay for me.

Does anyone know what the new stat abilities are for? Specifically Vigor and Adaptability? Spoiler if you feel the need.

On a side note, I work the 11th and 12th and will be going nuts at work. I work 12 hour nightshifts and can't do much else but sleep and work those days. I'm going to be going nuts.

Vigor is your HP. Adapability, I'm a bit fuzzy on. I hear things like movement speed/shield raise speed but I don't know for sure.

Prototype

Clever girl...Some of us will double dip for 1080/60 at a later point; but right now, that 1st day hype on console>>>>>1080/60 gameplay for me.

I'd rather have them just move on at that point and make a new Souls game from the ground up for PS4bone.

Soriku

My purchase might be delayed if the $20 preorder for Atelier goes through, as I'll be playing that first. Well, hope to get it soon enough anyway...

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Going to do 2 weeks of worth of work this week so I can pig out on DkS2 next week. Thank god for flexible hours.

I haven't bought a day 1 game since DkS. Does anyone know if 11th is the day the game will be available, or the day it gets shipped to retailers?

takriel

I grabbed one of your wonderful Dks II avatars for myself, hope you don't mind OP.

I don't think I can wait for March 14th. I will most likely download the game from the US PSN store on midnight of March 11th.

BigDug13

I just got the Lordvessel on my first DS playthrough on PC. So it seems like I'll still be hard at work trying to conquer this game by the time the PC release is done for DS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom