• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

Man, I want the knight armor that they've been showing off in every promo. Is that the warrior default set or knight default set? The little preview images in the OT seem like it's a set I'd have to find.

Which is fine. I just want to know if I can roll around in that shit at minute 0. Gonna use that set the whole game. That is easily the hypest and greatest "standard" armor I've seen for a game in a long time. Simple, not too complex or fantastical, but so slick and awesome.

Mupod

Man, I want the knight armor that they've been showing off in every promo. Is that the warrior default set or knight default set? The little preview images in the OT seem like it's a set I'd have to find.

Which is fine. I just want to know if I can roll around in that shit at minute 0. Gonna use that set the whole game. That is easily the hypest and greatest "standard" armor I've seen for a game in a long time. Simple, not too complex or fantastical, but so slick and awesome.

it's not a starter set. It was in the network test but the full game's classes are different.

For all we know you could find it 5 minutes into the game, though.

Lusankya

Fhu5cez.png

This is different from the chart posted by the OP. So, which one is true?

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
When do PSN preorders usually unlock in the UK? I have the game all preloaded and ready to go, just want to know if it's worth staying up for or if I should sleep and wait until morning :)

I pre-loaded GTAV on EU PSN, woke up in a time-zone that is 9 hours ahead, and mashed the XMB icon until it let me play. I'm pretty sure it was like exactly 9:01 AM when I booted up GTAV for the first time.

I.e. pre-orders should unlock for "midnight launch". Hope that's a helpful reference for you. Not that you would have been able to sleep anyway, right?

I don't get this new title. I must be missing something obvious.

I think it's just a dumb take on the whole "Citizen Kane of Gaming" thing that has swept the presss a couple of times. Think of it like a playful jab at the hype surrounding this game and its all-guns-blazing marketing ;)

Jack cw

So hyped for this. I havent been that excited for a game for a long time. Cant wait to get my hands on that CE.

Tilian

Banned
So, the Adaptability stat will make for faster rolling, strafing, moving etc.?

I go for fast-rolling DEX builds, so I'm trying to figure this out. The network test didn't really clarify things for me.

Steez

Would the online and trophies work as normal? Got Tuesday and Wednesday off next week, I'd be ecstatic if I could play DS2 over those 2 days rather than witing til Sarturday

Well, usually you would be locked to local servers, like it was the case with Demon's Souls (I own the Chinese version and I can only play on Chinese servers), but I remember reading that Dark Souls 2 is going to have global servers with the option to play on local servers only.

edit: Here's the quote from Tak Miyazoe:

The added option of regional matchmaking will ensure players can communicate better, while a name-engraved Ring will enhance the likelihood of friends playing together.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/...r-voice-chat-improved-friend-matchmaking.html

Trophies are going to work no matter what.

How much is it?

$60

But you need to use American PSN cards. I bought 3 $20 cards on ebay for €16,99 each, so it's still €10 cheaper.

Prototype

The stats seem to better reflect what they increase this time around. Nothing screams worthless like resistance did in DS. I also like how Pyromancy needs stat points now. Adaptability is what I'm keeping my eyes on at the moment.

Sickbean

Great OT and title. My body has never been more ready.

Got two PS3s both with the game pre-loaded, think I'm going to have to take Friday off work to play the game. It's going to be difficult staying away from spoilers for us EU people!

When is the review emargo up? (Not that I care about reviews for this)

Forkball

So people who are getting it on consoles aren't going to constantly talk about the game, thus making the wait for PC gamers even more agonizing, right?

RIGHT?

pspleasetellmebestgift

Man, you guys are killing me. How am I ever going to make it through this wait for the PC version, without a solid date even?

*cries*

BigDug13

Not sure how I feel about equipment load being a separate stat from endurance. So now to carry heavier armor while having lots of hitpoints and endurance, that's 3 stats to raise.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So do dedicated servers mean hack detection / anti cheat will likely be implemented? This was one of the biggest flaws in the PC version for months after launch.

Mutombo

I think I'm going to try a Dark Magic Tank. I need to level up Faith, either STR or DEX. Then I need to go for endurance, because I want my magic buffs to dish out a lot of damage in one hit, and maybe Equip Load/VIT, because I'm a Tank.

Then again, I might also be a speedrolling dark magic swordsman. You don't need to invest as much points in VIT that way.

Bandit might be a choice as well because it only has 1 point in INT, which you don't need anyway. You just need to level up attunement though.

It takes some getting used to, this new way to distribute points. I like that you don't need to invest points in just DEX, VIT and END, which gives more variety in the later game.

Mupod

I think I'm going to try a Dark Magic Tank. I need to level up Faith, either STR or DEX. Then I need to go for endurance, because I want my magic buffs to dish out a lot of damage in one hit, and maybe Equip Load/VIT, because I'm a Tank.

Then again, I might also be a speedrolling dark magic swordsman. You don't need to invest as much points in VIT that way.

Bandit might be a choice as well because it only has 1 point in INT, which you don't need anyway. You just need to level up attunement though.

It takes some getting used to, this new way to distribute points. I like that you don't need to invest points in just DEX, VIT and END, which gives more variety in the later game.

You need some int for hexes. Not sure how much, though.

I'm very interested in them myself but I'm not sure how I'm going to make this work, since I like to play melee and we've got all these stats to worry about. I'm used to playing low HP jack of all trades builds though...

Dahaka

I haven't finished Dark Souls yet. I platinumed the hell out of Demon's and spent over 400 hours over various characters in that game. When Dark Souls came I didn't have the time and energy for such a dedication anymore. I didn't want 2h/week sessions either so I waited and waited and waited until this day. :|

Great OT maybe its because of my resolution I can't read the text its to small and to dark for me to read :(.

SE for ps3 ordered and PC key also ordered so yeah lets do this !!!

Can't wait for the game to arrive.

Kensuke

I'm going for my usual Battle Mage. I like having close and long range options, but I don't like bows. I do like throwing fire balls and finishing off enemies up close with nimble weapons. So I'll be investing in INT and DEX.

Persona7

Banned
It's pretty stupid that we still don't have a release date for it when we're <1 week away from the console release.

Actually, it is really smart. They are going to wrangle in a bunch of sales from the impatient people who want to play it on PC. Announce the date for PC release 3-7 weeks later. Guaranteed double dipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom