• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

dammit i'm having a lot of trouble on the
bastille
boss. i've summoned people a couple times and they die! but i don't have any humanity so if it happens then i have to go farm some souls to buy some humanity from that lady in the forest giants area.... but even then she only has 2 more left!

its a tough boss :(
Which route did you take to get there?

I don't know how sensitive people are to spoilers, but if you find yourself low on humanity then consider (item name and purpose)
equipping the Ring of Life Protection.
It's a huge help when running into walls and you feel like summoning help without burning through precious effigies.
Man why did I not do more online stuff on DS1? Helping people is fun
Yeah, DS2 is a huge improvement compared to DS1's launch. PC load times make it even better.
In DS2 it's a super easy way to earn souls.

CoLaN

Going into Dark Souls 2 blind is amazing. Exploring every nook and cranny without knowing what there could be behind the corner is too good.

3 bosses down so far :D

Good to know. Must be a highly rated troll message.

Could be, but I remember having a few giving me fits because I just knew there was one there, but took a long time to find. Sometimes the opening isn't in the obvious place. I remember finding one while being summoned for co-op. I had thought I thorough in checking the wall, but when the host went by the area, I saw the opening in a place that I hadn't tried, so it can throw you off.

impact

Banned
what'd adp?

i've seen it posted a couple times already

It makes your rolls not suck. I'm at 32ADP and every other stat 10 or under *_*

dammit i'm having a lot of trouble on the
bastille
boss. i've summoned people a couple times and they die! but i don't have any humanity so if it happens then i have to go farm some souls to buy some humanity from that lady in the forest giants area.... but even then she only has 2 more left!

its a tough boss :(

I'm there right now. Look for my summon sign, I won't die

I've run into more than my fair share of those. I spent probably 5 mins attacking a wall in Things Betwixt because of a troll.

A or X (dualshock) to reveal illusions

Jintor

fuckin' chariot horse is murdering me and the poison mines aren't much better. Need to improve my damage output... shouldtn've have wasted all those souls on attunement slots...

i'm going INT/FTH right now and Lightning is so OP in this game.

also, is anyone else having an issue with activating HBAO via NVIDIA Inspector and having it tied to the UI? I like to play with the UI set to "automatically hide" except that when the UI hides, so does all the AO. it also appears over menus and prompts (which is fine, it looks kind of cool actually) but I guess this is what Durante was talking about in his tweak article.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This game seems to be doing really well. 68k concurrent players at the peak time today. makes me happy.

Ludovico

Anyone have any idea where the save file for this is kept?
Heading to a friend's house in a bit and I'd like to load up there on a separate PC.

I've already checked Documents and local apps :/

This game seems to be doing really well. 68k concurrent players at the peak time today. makes me happy.

Fantastic numbers. I expect it will hit an all-time high on this Sunday that may not be surpassed again, except for maybe right after the Summer Steam sale.

same as my GAF name. I can put a sign down in the cell with the ladder before the boss if you want, otherwise I keep getting insta-summoned

yeah if you could! im working my way there right now. im not sure how my name shows up in the game. its either frenchmovietheme or my guys name is tyrien. i think i accidentally picked a woman character and just now realized it. oh well!

Sullichin

yeah if you could! im working my way there right now. im not sure how my name shows up in the game. its either frenchmovietheme or my guys name is tyrien. i think i accidentally picked a woman character and just now realized it. oh well!

Your character name shows up, not your Steam handle.

You may have
switched your gender accidentally if you went into the coffin in Things Betwixt, if you didn't do it during character creation. You can go back there to change your gender

wrongway

Question on summoning -- I went back to the first boss (the L
ast Giant
) area just for fun to see if I could help out anyone who needed it. When I use their sign and we join up, they un-summon with the "player has returned to their world" message. Can I just not go back to help people, or do they have to be the ones to activate the boss 'door' if I've already done it?

robotrock

Banned
What type of build are you?

I am a knight/tank, basically.
I summoned the NPC help, if I kept all their focus on me, she did most of the damage from the back, haha.
Yeah, I've got a similar build. Where is the NPC? Is it
Lucatiel
?
You may be fighting them
a bit early. Try exploring for other places to go. Otherwise, strike damage is really good against them.
Probably. Is it recommended to do
No Man's Wharf
before this?

Ludovico

Anyone have any idea where the save file for this is kept?
Heading to a friend's house in a bit and I'd like to load up there on a separate PC.

I've already checked Documents and local apps :/

Trying this for now - it's not a .sav file, but this is the only thing it could be
Users/appdata/roaming/DarksoulsII

Also, that feeling when you have the soundtrack, but can't listen to it because of spoiler titles

;_;

Trickster

Holy shit, I will never defeat the
Ruin Sentinels
:((

It's actually not that hard a fight once you realize that you can
stay on the platform where you start the fight, and fight the one that's on that platform, 1v1. The 2 others won't actually engage you as long as you stay on that initial platform while killing off the first one

Question on summoning -- I went back to the first boss (the L
ast Giant
) area just for fun to see if I could help out anyone who needed it. When I use their sign and we join up, they un-summon with the "player has returned to their world" message. Can I just not go back to help people, or do they have to be the ones to activate the boss 'door' if I've already done it?

They are using the Black Separation Crystal to return to their world. They see that the boss is defeated in your world and don't want to stick around. You need to lay down your sign and have someone summon you.

robotrock

Banned
It's actually not that hard a fight once you realize that you can
stay on the platform where you start the fight, and fight the one that's on that platform, 1v1. The 2 others won't actually engage you as long as you stay on that initial platform while killing off the first one

Yeah, I've been staying on the platform. The problem isn't the first one, it's the next two. They both engage me at the same time

wrongway

They are using the Black Separation Crystal to return to their world. They see that the boss is defeated in your world and don't want to stick around. You need to lay down your sign and have someone summon you.

Ahh ok, so I just had how summoning works backwards. Great, thanks :)

Animator

Why can't I summon people anymore or draw my own sign when I am hollow?

I was helping out this dude with that knight in the forest of giants level, died just when about to kill the boss (the guy killed it when I was in the process of getting back to my world) and now I have a white soapstone sign under the health bar with a line drawn through it and the white soapstone is greyed out when I am hollow. Used an effigy to turn human and I don't see any summon signs anywhere now whereas before this happened I used to see literally dozens every room. Please tell me I don't have to restart the game. :(

Zeliard

I was helping out this dude with that knight in the forest of giants level, died just when about to kill the boss (the guy killed it when I was in the process of getting back to my world) and now I have a white soapstone sign under the health bar with a line drawn through it and the white soapstone is greyed out when I am hollow. Used an effigy to turn human and I don't see any summon signs anywhere now whereas before this happened I used to see literally dozens every room. Please tell me I don't have to restart the game. :(

Sounds like a possible network issue. Maybe reboot Steam and restart the game. Are you still seeing bloodstains and messages?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Took a couple of shots of Shaded Woods with SweetFX for those interested.
AW72M83.jpg

bsVPGpu.jpg

It does look a little better than consoles, but still is a ugly area

smashism

Does stuff in my inventory contribute to my overall threshhold weight? I'm trying to find the right words to explain it.

Say if I have a bunch of junk in my inventory, does this make me closer to the 70% weight threshold?

You burnt an effigy in the bonfire, which disables network play for ~1 hour. To turn human again, you have to USE the effigy from your inventory. There's nothing you can do but wait it out!

Everybody makes that mistake one time. :D

I had a similar type issue happen on PS3. Simply logging out and logging back in was enough to reset the multiplayer activities. I imagine it may be the same on PC.

Zeliard

Does stuff in my inventory contribute to my overall threshhold weight? I'm trying to find the right words to explain it.

Say if I have a bunch of junk in my inventory, does this make me closer to the 70% weight threshold?

No, only the stuff you have actually equipped on you (including rings). You can store whatever you want in your inventory with no consequence, except making it more of a hassle to actually navigate the stuff.

Anyone trying to beat all the bosses solo? It's pretty hard to do it with the warrior class I tell you what.

Managed to reach the
Sentinel trio or whatever they're called

I still have an aversion to levelling up from DS1. It doesn't matter anymore with how coop is dealt with in this game right?

From what I understand all the souls you gotten add up to some score that determines who you can summon or pvp with.

Yeah, I've been staying on the platform. The problem isn't the first one, it's the next two. They both engage me at the same time

If you want to know how I did it
If you stay on the platform after the first one is dead, the second one will jump up. After maybe 30-45 seconds, the third will also jump up. You can deal 3-4 good hits (15-20% hp) on the 2nd one before the 3rd jumps up. Then, go down and work on the one you started earlier, 1 or 2 hits at a time. Always keep enough stamina for 2 rolls. Also, not sure about you, but for me, 4 hits would cause a stagger. I always kept count of my hits so I knew when it was safe to use my Estus. I also would queue up 3 hits, then get full stamina, hit it a fourth time to cause stagger, then hit it 3 more times. Wait for stamina, stagger, repeat.

Took a few tries, but it worked for me. Also, I went 2 hand instead of shield. Shield just slows you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom