• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

Up to the second encounter with the P
ursuer
. This dude's pretty awesome. I have quite the knack for getting caught by that overhead swing, though. :[

Levyne

Banned
Easily.

Also I joined the
Blue Sentinels
and equipped my item but I never got summoned to help... Sucks.

Oh. I'm also in that Covenant but I don't know what it does :/

I want to kill this boss again as a phantom, just to be summoend once but I am just waiting :/. There were tons of markers on the ground before I put mine down.

Oh. I'm also in that Covenant but I don't know what it does :/

I want to kill this boss again as a phantom, just to be summoend once but I am just waiting :/. There were tons of markers on the ground before I put mine down.

As i understand it, people don't get invaded much in ng. So we are kinda useless for now.
Blue bros <3

A shame about lack of invasions, I saw quite a few not too long ago... Also Levyne, which boss are you trying for?

Echoplx

Is it a bad idea to upgrade the normal weapons like the mace? I've been using it and it's been great so far, just don't want to screw myself over.

finalflame

I'm also wondering about the ENB shown a few posts up...didn't the creator come out as a total douchenozzle saying how much he hates the Souls games and how they're fundamentally broken and essentially shit? I'm really dressing up what he said, as from what I saw, it was mostly an unintelligible rant.

Zom

Banned
Deactivating Durante's downsampling tool made it work again... I don't get it. It was working absolutely fine last night.

Oh well, at least I can keep playing.

The crash on launch bug is totally random for some people, the only thing that "fix it" for me is win+P comand, but no fullscreen for me at the moment.

xBladeM6x

Be careful of going up and down elevators when summoning in jolly cooperation. You will bounce until you die. Was hilarious. xD

Sober

Wow the first Bastille boss is tough as hell. I only soloed the first Forest boss, the second one was tough as hell and just jolly co-oped that one even though I must've killed it as a phantom half a dozen times so I could've probably soloed it.

Umm...I am just blowing through these levels... is that normal?

I've beaten

Last Giant
The Pursuer
Dragonrider
Old Dragon Slayer
Sentinals
Lost Sinner

In a few hours. I'm level 44 now with around 70k souls in my hand. IDK WHAT TO DO

finalflame

Umm...I am just blowing through these levels... is that normal?

I've beaten

Last Giant
The Pursuer
Dragonrider
Old Dragon Slayer
Sentinals
Lost Sinner

In a few hours. I'm level 44 now with around 70k souls in my hand. IDK WHAT TO DO

Keep playing the game? Did you solo all the bosses? Go spend your souls to upgrade equipment/level up your stats to use stuff you might have but not be able to use yet.

Keep playing the game? Did you solo all the bosses? Go spend your souls to upgrade equipment/level up your stats to use stuff you might have but not be able to use yet.

I just feel like I'm rushing. Maybe I am. I solo'd everything except the last two. Thats when I really felt that I was rushing.

I'm kinda lost to be honest on what to make my character. I have a mace, some heavy armor but I felt it was a little too close to my old build so I deciced to learn how to cast?

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i hate the
gargoyles
boss

i hate respawning bosses with a passion, i guess you're supposed to hate them but i was hoping there were not gonna be any in this game :(

i feel like i missed something in forest of giants and i shouldn't be here yet

finalflame

I just feel like I'm rushing. Maybe I am. I solo'd everything except the last two. Thats when I really felt that I was rushing.

I'm kinda lost to be honest on what to make my character. I have a mace, some heavy armor but I felt it was a little too close to my old build so I deciced to learn how to cast?

Hmmm, well if it's your first time through the game, I recommend checking all the rooms, paths, item descriptions/etc. Pay really close attention to weapon stats and how they scale. Decide what you think you want your playstyle to be like, but don't worry about min/maxing your build the first time around, it ruins the fun!

I don't know if this is your first Souls game, but if it is, definitely absorb the areas and really take time to think about the world around you! FROM puts a ton of lore in the world itself, and especially in item descriptions. I haven't beaten DS2 all the way yet (started playing on 360, then waited for PC release), but I know what you mean with "feeling like you're rushing it".

I'd say just take your time and don't worry about how your build comes out, or progressing to the next area until you feel you've completely explored the one you're in. If you want to start casting, you just need to level Intelligence and buy a catalyst and sorceries. I'm not sure who sells a catalyst but I'm sure you can find one, and as for sorceries, the guy
in no man's wharf sells them, he's on the docks before where the ship was.

impact

Banned
Wow the first Bastille boss is tough as hell. I only soloed the first Forest boss, the second one was tough as hell and just jolly co-oped that one even though I must've killed it as a phantom half a dozen times so I could've probably soloed it.

You can't really afford to block a lot of their attacks so get that ADP up and l2dodge

Of course you could just go the sissy way out and summon help, which makes the fight a joke. I'm helping people right now on em and getting instant summoned at lvl 50

The contrast and saturation are way too high.

Yup, needs some fine tuning, but I am liking where this is going.

You still got a long way to go, so don't worry about it. You can also pace yourself by doing some Co-op and PvP.

zkylon

zkylewd
You can't really afford to block a lot of their attacks so get that ADP up and l2dodge

Of course you could just go the sissy way out and summon help, which makes the fight a joke. I'm helping people right now on em and getting instant summoned at lvl 50
what'd adp?

i've seen it posted a couple times already

Hmmm, well if it's your first time through the game, I recommend checking all the rooms, paths, item descriptions/etc. Pay really close attention to weapon stats and how they scale. Decide what you think you want your playstyle to be like, but don't worry about min/maxing your build the first time around, it ruins the fun!

I don't know if this is your first Souls game, but if it is, definitely absorb the areas and really take time to think about the world around you! FROM puts a ton of lore in the world itself, and especially in item descriptions. I haven't beaten DS2 all the way yet (started playing on 360, then waited for PC release), but I know what you mean with "feeling like you're rushing it".

I'd say just take your time and don't worry about how your build comes out, or progressing to the next area until you feel you've completely explored the one you're in. If you want to start casting, you just need to level Intelligence and buy a catalyst and sorceries. I'm not sure who sells a catalyst but I'm sure you can find one, and as for sorceries, the guy
in no man's wharf sells them, he's on the docks before where the ship was.

I beat DS1 with a strength build that's why I'm hesitant on doing the same thing

Are there character build guides out? I feel really shitty with this but I guess I can always respec now right

sikkinixx

Helping out as a phantom is a blast. Especially since the miracles heal others as well. Problem is I'm 4 hours into the game and already level 50. Still using the mace and club combo because durability is fucking borked in this game. I've cleared the first two paths in the game and still using pretty much all original equipment. Doesn't feel as exciting to find stuff as DS1 did.

mannerbot

Huh, I get the feeling I shouldn't be in this area. Just beat the
Ruin Sentinels
at like level 31 or something and someone posted about struggling against them at level 73 earlier in this thread, lol. At least it was fun, the other bosses I've fought so far were pushovers.

dammit i'm having a lot of trouble on the
bastille
boss. i've summoned people a couple times and they die! but i don't have any humanity so if it happens then i have to go farm some souls to buy some humanity from that lady in the forest giants area.... but even then she only has 2 more left!

its a tough boss :(

Huh, I get the feeling I shouldn't be in this area. Just beat the
Ruin Sentinels
at like level 31 or something and someone posted about struggling against them at level 73 earlier in this thread, lol. At least it was fun, the other bosses I've fought so far were pushovers.

All the bosses in that area are the first real gut check, everything leading up to it was a pushover. I think that may be why there is some disappointing sentiments about DS2 due to the slow boss ramp. However, it does ease new players into it a little better.

Levyne

Banned
If there is a message saying that there is an illusion wall, how do I get the game to know I'm interacting with the wall and not he message if it's right in front of it.

I know it might be a lie, but I just want to know that the button press at least registered. I tried attacking.

If there is a message saying that there is an illusion wall, how do I get the game to know I'm interacting with the wall and not he message if it's right in front of it.

I know it might be a lie, but I just want to know that the button press at least registered. I tried attacking.

Interactive walls have priority over messages, so you will never have an issue opening them. You are either not in the right spot or they are trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom