• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

luca_29_bg

Anyone else screenshots the loading screen to read the tips because they load too fast? :D

No patch yet. If you're using AMD I think you can fix it by enabling gpu scaling on CCC, for nvidia what works for me is removing all custom resolution that I've made.

Also if you have the cables, try switching your input from HDMI to DVI or vice versa.

nothing, for me works only win+p and projector mode, but i'm stuck in 1600x900, and i have a full hd tv. So i will wait for a proper patch. Incredible that namco bandai release a game that is bugged for so many people at launch!

Skyzard

Banned
This is the first thing I'm supposed to fight right?

qfFNgym.jpg

I didn't just wander down the wrong path or anything...? Seems kinda big :p

didamangi

nothing, for me works only win+p and projector mode, but i'm stuck in 1600x900, and i have a full hd tv. So i will wait for a proper patch. Incredible that namco bandai release a game that is bugged for so many people at launch!

I've read the first one have this bug too, one of the GAF members here said so and I think he had to do the switch cable thing to fix it as well. It's a shame for sure.

Zeliard

well it's kind of a necessary evil

it's no fun for anyone if the dude that's helping you one-shots the boss

How is it at all helpful to limit co-op based on total souls gained regardless of how you've even used them, or if you've even used them? You can attain great gear and a pretty high level in this game with a relatively trivial amount of souls gained and spent, and all that co-op cares about is the actual soul memory. All this effectively does is punish people who play co-op a lot and gain souls in that fashion.

I've played tons of co-op in Dark Souls 2 on PS3, as a summoned melee guy with a second magic-using phantom who just bombarded the boss and took off chunks of his life with each hit. This isn't really combating that problem.

If you have any patience, there really isn't a need to use an Effigy to return human. I put down a small whitestone, was summoned and killed 2 people and my duty was fulfilled. Returned back in human form and then summoned some help for a boss.

Very seemless.

Any point in putting points into dex if I'm already heavily invested in strength?

Would love to use a spear, but I dunno if it would be worth it at this point

I've been putting points into Dex just to use the equipment I need, think I have 12 now.

fuck you
Ornstein
!

dat placebo effect, I remember I could just summon someone, I did, dude dies in the first 5 seconds of the fight (when I was retrieving my souls lol) and I went on to kill him. I guess that 10% the summon took before he died made the difference :p

edit: whats up with the dude after
Ornstein
? he just tells me im not needed and to fuck off :/

Yeah that guy was tough. I ended up summoning some help. I ended up drawing some fire when he kebobbed me and launched me accross the room.

about that guy :

he is leader of the Blue Sentinels covenant. I believe you need a token of fedilaty (sp), which you get from helping someone kill a boss (large whitestone). Pretty sweet covenant so far.

Garcia

Co-op in general is substantially better except for the soul memory mechanic, which essentially means that the more you amount souls from helping others kill bosses and such, the more you distance yourself from players over time as far as co-op level ranges.

(!!) That is how soul memory works?

Holy hell, that's absurd in every conceivable way :( . Co-op is the best aspect of this game.

This is the first thing I'm supposed to fight right?

I didn't just wander down the wrong path or anything...? Seems kinda big :p
Hahahaha I'd turn back

Dead Man's Warf seems fine, why do people hate it?

Oh wait, fuck you
poison trap chest
>_<
It's kind of annoying to traverse and those monsters with assholes for faces are annoying to deal with when they
decide they're not afraid of fire anymmore

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no boss in Dead Man's Wharf? I think ive exausted the area, some nice goodies here including the
extra load ring woot woot

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If I eat a human effigy, I go from 50% to 100% right? What if I burn it?

zkylon

zkylewd
How is it at all helpful to limit co-op based on total souls gained regardless of how you've even used them, or if you've even used them? You can attain great gear and a pretty high level in this game with a relatively trivial amount of souls spent, and all that co-op cares about is the actual soul memory. All this effectively does is punish people who play co-op a lot and gain souls in that fashion.

I've played tons of co-op in Dark Souls 2 on PS3, as a melee guy with a second magic-using phantom who just bombarded the boss and took off chunks of his life with each hit. This isn't really combating that problem.
yea you might be right, i'm just playing it for the first time so no idea how accessible they made high level gear and spells early on.

hmm, i wonder what they could do to remedy this issue, maybe checking your damage with every item and spell in your inventory? so like if you want to help out lower level people you just drop your mega gear at a bonfire? doesn't seem so far fetched

Gbraga

well it's kind of a necessary evil

it's no fun for anyone if the dude that's helping you one-shots the boss

Just level would be enough for that, Soul Memory makes no sense. If I get millions of souls helping people but don't ever level up, I won't one shot anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Returns you to human (so yes...back to 100% health).

I advise not burning it unless you want a really bad time.
increases difficulty of that area. NG > NG+. NG++ > NG+++
Including
NG+ souls from enemies? Even bosses?

zkylon

zkylewd
Just level would be enough for that, Soul Memory makes no sense. If I get millions of souls helping people but don't ever level up, I won't one shot anything.
sl was a problem in dks1 cos people with high level gear just destroy everything

i remember it happening once and i felt robbed of a boss fight.

Returns you to human (so yes...back to 100% health).

I advise not burning it unless you want a really bad time.
increases difficulty of that area. NG > NG+. NG++ > NG+++

wait what

it only says it repels invasions...

Burning a human effigy prevents summoning/invasions in that area. Burning a bonfire ascetic moves the area into New Game+* difficulty, reviving any enemies who have been extinguished.

*Or rather, adds one + to the area. You can use a bunch to take an area to New Game++++++… The change is permanent and persists through additional playthroughs. So if you use a bonfire ascetic at Cardinal Tower during NG, it goes to NG+. When you complete your NG run, all areas will move to NG+, but Cardinal Tower will move to NG++.

Well, I think I've gone through the game in a "wrong" order for a bit.. I've already killed (boss names)
Lost Sinner
and
Duke's Dear Freja
, but now I'm heading to the direction with
Old Dragonslayer
. Way easy to kill everything around here.

Skyzard

Banned
Is there like a map or something?

Google maps needs to pay this place a visit

I'm just starting off, "Things Betwixt" is the right place to be right? I shouldn't go to the illusion area yet right? Wander around these paths for a bit?

Are you guys even spending any level on vigor? I'm treating as this game's resistance so far.

Just beat the
Sentinels
, they weren't so bad in the end, took me three tries, I just had to be patient and wait for an opening. Almost had a heart attack when my shield went close to breaking, but at that point I was down in the arena with only one of them to deal with so blocking wasn't a necessity.

Calibus

I just posted version 0.2 of GeDoSaTo, and since most of the improvementsare DS2-focused I'm crossposting it here.

The most significant improvements are fixing the Steam overlay issue and a less demanding DoF effect. Also some performance improvements and (mostly) fixed AO.

Edit:
Oh, and a hudless screenshot function. Which is really nice since it allows you to take shots like this:
screenshot_2014-04-26vdka7.jpg

Durante, is the link you posted your DS2 version of DSFix, or is there another DS2Fix somewhere else?

Facism

I'm running a PC with a 660ti and a Phenom II X4 840, should I be able to get something close to a locked 60 fps? That's really my only concern before picking this up.

im running a 660gtx and phenom II x4 810 clocked to 3.2ghz and i'm getting 60fps with everything maxed @ 1080p. It'sa great port.

Are you guys even spending any level on vigor? I'm treating as this game's resistance so far.

Just beat the
Sentinels
, they weren't so bad in the end, took me three tries, I just had to be patient and wait for an opening. Almost had a heart attack when my shield went close to breaking, but at that point I was down in the arena with only one of them to deal with so blocking wasn't a necessity.

Vigor gives a much larger HP-boost compared to other stats. If you've been doing fine without it, you are ready for one of the challenge runs (Company of Champions, No Deaths, No Resting at Bonfires, etc.)

xBladeM6x

im running a 660gtx and phenom II x4 810 clocked to 3.2ghz and i'm getting 60fps with everything maxed @ 1080p. It'sa great port.

I'm not sure about the CPU, but I run a 660 TI and I can beast the shit out of this game, even with downsampling from 1440p.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no man's wharf boss was pretty easy, but him and where you fight him looked GORGEOUS. so I guess theres no avoiding the lost bastille since both places lead there correct?

Am I supposed to be doing the pursuer at level 20? I just got one shot by him (I'm at 50% hp and no effigy's).

You can handle the Pursuer as soon as you have access to him, but there is an alternate way to progress, and if you're at 50% HP with no effigies, I suggest you look for it.

Rhaknar

You already passed by the entrance, you just couldn't open it.

You can go there as soon as you
kill the Dragonrider.

hmm... the place near the dwarf with the statue blocking the switch? wherever it is, which one are you SUPPOSED to go to next, difficulty wise. if its Bastille ill just do that :)

hmm... the place near the dwarf with the statue blocking the switch? wherever it is, which one are you SUPPOSED to go to next, difficulty wise. if its Bastille ill just do that :)
Not there

Also I'm pretty sure it's a good idea to go there before going to Bastille.

Co-op in general is substantially better except for the soul memory mechanic, which essentially means that the more you amount souls from helping others kill bosses and such, the more you distance yourself from players over time as far as co-op level ranges.

Also watch out for extremely high levelled players. I've seen quote a few people purposefully kill themselves, resulting in your Soul Memory going up by 700 000 souls effectively preventing from doing co-op for a long long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom