• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I've died approximately 3 times as many times to these fucking stupid-ass platforming bits than anything with actual fighting involved

The_Monk

Well, I just reach a boss or should I say
three
of them. And there's plenty of enemies before getting there which means precious healing items can be waster before reaching there. This might be a tough one for me.

Hypron

three
of them. And there's plenty of enemies before getting there which means precious healing items can be waster before reaching there. This might be a tough one for me.

The
sentinels
?
You can easily run past everyone by descending the stairs and taking the ladder to get to the boss room.

three

If you're talking about the
Sentinels
then just be aware that
you can avoid going through the gauntlet of royal swordsman near the boss door by going down the stairs near the entrance of the building and climbing a ladder at the bottom.

zkylon

zkylewd
just defeated
mr. sinner prisoner man
. dude wasn't too hard, as most bosses haven't, really. i summoned a sunbro to help with the
gargoyles
boss cos it's the kind of boss fight i really don't enjoy. turned it pretty easy but it's ok.

found out about a lot of new areas that i missed around majula, so got a couple routes i can go, tho i'm not liking most of them heh

that's kind of the point

btw the weird cages in luna belfry are pretty fucking sick. that place in general just freaks me out.

Just beat
Smelter Demon
on Champion mode, phewwwwwwwwww. That sure took a couple of attempts. So many that
the trash mobs were all gone by the last few tries
. For all my complaining about the bosses being too easy in this game, this one sure made up for it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can anyone tell me what im supposed to do with these statues, if anything?

ZaJogbk.jpg

Everytime I come across one theres loads of writing on the floors about looking closely, I honestly have no idea what im doing.

The_Monk

Try jolly cooperation! \[+]/

Tried once, he/she died in less than 5 seconds. I also summoned an NPS or so I believe. I got hit and went bellow and so it started, ha! Need more items too.

The
sentinels
?
You can easily run past everyone by descending the stairs and taking the ladder to get to the boss room.

If you're talking about the
Sentinels
then just be aware that
you can avoid going through the gauntlet of royal swordsman near the boss door by going down the stairs near the entrance of the building and climbing a ladder at the bottom.

Thanks, will try that, this one seems like something for Co-op indeed.

Arjen

ZaJogbk.jpg

Everytime I come across one theres loads of writing on the floors about looking closely, I honestly have no idea what im doing.

That will al become clear very late game, don't worry about it now.

Mistel

Banned
Yep :)

I know there is mostly new bosses it's just a bit disappointing to fight DS bosses again.
Technically speaking it's half of one boss duo with dark instead and six of another so it's not identical. Some bosses are really hit or miss.

ZaJogbk.jpg

You do those later into the game you need to go on a long trip for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
these last few bosses are just destroying me. After
Smelter Demon
, now
Iron King
:/ I wonder how many souls I have now when I retrieve (if I get there alive) every
Iron King
atempt lol

Have not killed any boss in my game but have already helped a butload of people clear
the Last Giant
and
the Pursuer
!

Also, fuck having to reload and relog when you want to quit the game!

Vaporak

Pretty much a newbie to the series and enjoying my time with DS2. My one complaint though is that I don't understand the purpose of losing max health every time you die. Does this system exist just to piss people off?

Just think of it not as losing HP, but that one of the bonuses of being more human is being able to temporally boost your HP. It's mechanically the same, but for some reason people think the human form is the default instead of hollow form, even though human form is the one you can only temporally take and has an expenditure to get to.

ShinNL

I'm always scared to start up this game. And after like an hour of gameplay I have to take a break from it. The fear of death...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Afternoon folks, another glorious day ahead in Dark Souls 2 :p

I was wondering, as I'm playing a faith/cleric build is their much point to using the
boss souls for weapons ?
Looking at a list of them here I don't see anything too standout for my type of class, or at least nothing better than a mace. Thinking of using them up for souls......

Seriously, I've tried killing that
chariot
boss like 20 times.

Killed him 5 times in another game.

But nope.

Edit: make that six times. But I always seem to summon complete noobs.

The_Monk

three

Thank you for tips on this one my good people but will take a break before trying it again. My health is already low enough and I might need better equipment since one hit from one of them and drains my stamina while still taking a bit of health too. I also don't have many Healing items, which can be an issue. Better luck next time, timing is key, too.

cm osi

Thank you for tips on this one my good people but will take a break before trying it again. My health is already low enough and I might need better equipment since one hit from one of them and drains my stamina while still taking a bit of health too. I also don't have many Healing items, which can be an issue. Better luck next time, timing is key, too.

you can skip the three sentinels, if you have 2 pharros stones. but if you can't pass them you'll probably have problems in the next zone. don't know if you have enough STR but a greatshield with 100% damage reduction always help. they attack 2 times at max so you sould be able to keep your guard without running out of stamina. after they attacked they stand still for a sec and that's the moment to attack, but only once. it's a hit and run fight, if you're alone. (there's a npc summon, she doesok damage to them)

zkylon

zkylewd
I just noticed the nest asking silky smooth at the start. What happens when you do it?
gives you some cool items in exchange for silky smooth things like titanite slabs

you gotta leave them in the nest, then when you try to pick them back up it's something new

pretty similar to how it was in dark1 and demon's, but you don't have to reload (praise the sun)

chogidogs

gives you some cool items in exchange for silky smooth things like titanite slabs

you gotta leave them in the nest, then when you try to pick them back up it's something new

pretty similar to how it was in dark1 and demon's, but you don't have to reload (praise the sun)

Cool! Good to know!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
question about zone spoilers
Iron Keep
in one of the giantbomb videos, vinny was walking around in there and all the fire stuff was turned off, how do you do that? Ive killed Iron King which I thought would do it but everything is still the same

speaking of
Iron King
, killed him with a posse, I love the game (well, the series really) but neither am I good enough not do I have the time / patience to try bosses 20 times. I think 10 is my breaking point lol

Im not sure how I feel about doing it with summons either. On one hand, it feels like cheating, on the other, co-op is a big part of the game, even more this time, especially since its a way for people to get souls so...yeah /shrug

cm osi

question about zone spoilers
Iron Keep
in one of the giantbomb videos, vinny was walking around in there and all the fire stuff was turned off, how do you do that? Ive killed Iron King which I thought would do it but everything is still the same

there's a switch near the third bonfire, you can find a ladder in the room before the fog gate (the one with 6 horse head)

Im not sure how I feel about doing it with summons either. On one hand, it feels like cheating, on the other, co-op is a big part of the game, even more this time, especially since its a way for people to get souls so...yeah /shrug

i did the first run no-summon (and some bosses at 50% hp, i'm stingy with consumable items and i didn't know about ring of life protection) and on ng+ and ng++ i always summoned players and tanked the bosses

The_Monk

you can skip the three sentinels, if you have 2 pharros stones. but if you can't pass them you'll probably have problems in the next zone. don't know if you have enough STR but a greatshield with 100% damage reduction always help. they attack 2 times at max so you sould be able to keep your guard without running out of stamina. after they attacked they stand still for a sec and that's the moment to attack, but only once. it's a hit and run fight, if you're alone. (there's a npc summon, she doesok damage to them)

That's good advice, thanks for answering. :)

I tried to summon and I got someone who died in less than 5 seconds then it was just me and the NPC. I had one of those stones but used already, I could buy 2 one of them but I'm not sure about skipping these Bosses. Might want to level up STR a bit more and also, try to find a shield with 100% damage reduction. I'm also trying to stay on top to be more 1-1 but when he fall I often get hit by them when going up. I'll take my time since I don't know where to go or if this is the place to be right now. So far, my best was getting one out of three down.

Rhaknar

there's a switch near the third bonfire, you can find a ladder in the room before the fog gate (the one with 6 horse head)

theres a third bonfire? I have no idea where or where that horse head thing is :/

Lever by second bonfire does that.

theres no lever near the second bonfire (assuming thats the one after
smelter demon
) :(

zkylon

zkylewd

I tried to summon and I got someone who died in less than 5 seconds then it was just me and the NPC. I had one of those stones but used already, I could buy 2 one of them but I'm not sure about skipping these Bosses. Might want to level up STR a bit more and also, try to find a shield with 100% damage reduction. I'm also trying to stay on top to be more 1-1 but when he fall I often get hit by them when going up. I'll take my time since I don't know where to go or if this is the place to be right now. So far, my best was getting one out of three down.
make sure you stay on the platform and you'll only have to fight one guy, then the other two (at least when i played it platform didn't crumble or anything), which i bet is a lot easier than going against three at the same time

you could also explore other areas and come back later

cm osi

also, it seems they're weak to lightning so (i'm just telling you this, i would never do this on my first run lol) you can go down majula's hole (with the cat ring) and reach the end of the gutter, get the fragrant branch of yore and unlock the woods so you can buy gold pine resin.
but it's faster and easier to just level up.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yo fuck The Gutters. This is like feeling my way around a maze by hand.

I actually found the gutters not too bad. Just keep a torch on hand, light up every single thing you can and take it carefully. I was honestly expecting something terrible by going by some of the things I've read about it but The Gutter wasn't that hard at all, thankfully they didn't stick in any reaaaaaaaally difficult enemies apart from at the start, I hate those fucking things.

Onto
Black Gulch
now so maybe my opinion will change :p

theres a third bonfire? I have no idea where or where that horse head thing is :/

theres no lever near the second bonfire (assuming thats the one after
smelter demon
) :(

The lever is actually at the third one, it's relatively close to the boss of the area. Look for a ladder.

Seriously, everyone fucking dies the moment I pull that lever during the FUCKING
chariot boss.

LIKE, WHY AM I SUMMONING IDIOTS ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom