• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just lost 50k souls fucking around with this ladder bullshit, for fuck sake >_<

eot

Banned
I haven't been able to figure out how to get a certain item in Lost Bastille.
If you go from the servants' quarters bonfire out the door, there's a tower you can go up, but you can also go out onto another walkway with one of those halberd guys. From there you can hop onto the roof of a building below and get an item, if you look across from there you can see another item on the opposite side. It looks like there's a window you can hop out of to get it, but I can't find it. Do I need to use a lockstone? (I think there's one I've found and not activated).

Simon_K

Neo Member
This game looks glorious on 1440p with 4x downscaling and full settings.. GOD DAYUM! I saved 30 euros on the game (got it in a promo for 50% off) and its all going to Durante. Praise Durante!

If you go from the servants' quarters bonfire out the door, there's a tower you can go up, but you can also go out onto another walkway with one of those halberd guys. From there you can hop onto the roof of a building below and get an item, if you look across from there you can see another item on the opposite side. It looks like there's a window you can hop out of to get it, but I can't find it. Do I need to use a lockstone? (I think there's one I've found and not activated).

Run and jump across the gap to the other rooftop.

There's a small wooden platform you can drop on from the roof. From there you can just jump /run across to the other side.

So...uuh...what's the point of that ship down that elevator-cage-thing ?
Just screenshot material?

It's an alternative entry point to the bastille if you come from another area than the
bird's nest after the pursuer.

Clockwork5

Does it makes sense to level up both Strength and Dex or should I focus only in one of them my good GAFfers? I ask because I can always find a weapon that requires more strength and then another who requires more Dex like Spears. Thanks in advance ;)

I wouldn't level one past 15 until you have the other up to about 40

I will say I went dex and in later levels raising strength boosted dmg considerably even with my dex weapon which only had a D strength scaling.

No, I didn't even get the chance to level up. Probably missed the whole npc somehow.

Wow that would be a tough one to miss! Go to
Majula, if you are at the bonfire looking out to the sea, she should start on the left by a tree, standing up in dark robes. Just talk to her until she runs out of dialog.

Forkball

Just got to (thirdish area spoilers):
No Man's Wharf. I've heard some uh, things about this place. Any tips before I go in?

Also CoOp in this game is fantastic. Yeah, there's a lot of summon fails, but at least you're alerted quickly. You can also get summoned nearly instantly, and turning human after a successful summon is a great way to reward people.

derwalde

game wont launch (whitescreen crash). none of the workarounds do actually work. im pissed....

(HD6950, Win7, Sony Bravia TV via hdmi)

Gregorn

Try jumping down
where the floor is broken after the pursuer area. There's a nice shield and then some.

Did you beat the
Pursuer in Forest of Giants (the second time, the fight with the Ballistas not the first "surprise" fight). If so, go through the small door at the other end of his room, behind him. This leads to the nest that takes you to the Bastille. Don't go in the nest, instead look for the big chasm in the floor and fall down it, you will find a corpse with the Dranliec shield (and armour and sword), but the shield is 100% block and pretty nice.

Cool, thanks.

I really hope Ars does a article as that would give us not only information on how well this release is doing, but give us precedent going forward where we can approximate how well a title is doing.

I seem to recall in one of their articles that they would entertain individual game requests by email (unless they got too many). Might be worth a shot to ask them.

Just got to (thirdish area spoilers):
No Man's Wharf. I've heard some uh, things about this place. Any tips before I go in?

Also CoOp in this game is fantastic. Yeah, there's a lot of summon fails, but at least you're alerted quickly. You can also get summoned nearly instantly, and turning human after a successful summon is a great way to reward people.

1)
Take it slow, there is no bonfire between where you started and the boss.
2)
The big things with the long arms are scared of the torchlight and won't attack you (briefly).
3)
If you have a lockstone you can turn on the lighthouse making those long arm things hide for a long time and make the area easier.
4)
The vikings throw urns of oil/pitch at you. If they hit you, they will coat you. Run into water to get it off.
5)
If you get shot with a flame arrow while soaked in pitch, you will explode and most likely die.
6)
If you have a great club/hammer, 2H strong attack smash the long arm things, they will flatten as long as they are not in mid-attack themselves. Then smash them again before they get up for an easy kill.
7)
You need to ring a bell to summon the ship to get to the boss.
8)
The bell is easy to miss. It is in the house after Galvans house, take the stairs to the lit area all the way at the top.
9)
You need to kill the boss with Lucatile to furhter her quest, but she is terrible at staying alive on the way to the ship. If you find her summon, kill everything else and then run back and summon her to go to the boss.
10) I almost forgot!
Take repair powder and a backup weapon! There are a lot of enemies and no bonfire, your weapon won't last from the start to the end, I used 2 powder's myself.

antitrop

I feel like I'm having a much more difficult time figuring out where to go from Majula than I was in Firelink Shrine. Though, there have been some similar "OH GOD, NO, NOPE, NOT THAT WAY" moments, already.

I feel like I'm having a much more difficult time figuring out where to go from Majula than I was in Firelink Shrine. Though, there have been some similar "OH GOD, NO, NOPE, NOT THAT WAY" moments, already.

Similar to the first game,
the depressed warrior gives you hints on where to go. Talk to him up by the monument. Basically, he describes several areas in order (after you talk to him about his covenant) and that's the order I did the "zones" in.

It is still pretty vague though, almost everyone I'm playing with went to areas that were much too hard first ;)

Try following the path with a pre-lit sconce. Should go smoothly.

Majula is pretty but I preferred the way all the early level design linked together around the Firelink shrine.. discovering the elevator and opening short cuts. It doesn't have as much as that. But I guess that's part of making a wider game.

Garcia

Easier solution: Just show the soul memory of the guy you're about to summon. So everybody can decide for themeselves if they want to break their game.

I like this. Also, if you decided to summon someone who is way beyond you own SL or SM there could be a penalty like getting a 50% health reduction.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Let me guess...you took the 500 souls one and still died? :p

first I took the 12k one, went down, it was a locked door. then I got the 500 one, dropped down, actually didnt die (had a sliver), healed, went down to get some items, and then one of the platforms broke and I fell and died

then I went down the 500 one again to try and get my souls back, but this time I DID die from falling from the 500 one, wtf >_>

anyway, you guys werent kidding about the
Rat boss, what the fuck at the little ones instantly giving you toxin from 1 hit >_> what are you supposed to do?

Twinduct

Holy shit, my friend's been playing for two days straight and only killed the
the last giant
. He's stuck at
the purser
Glad I never bought it. Just trying it out on his rig for a few hours had my blood boiling.

Atruvius

Joined the Rat King Covenant, it's pretty cool. :)

I have probably killed 5 or six people in a row now and got killed because of the worst lag ever. When ever I hit the dude he wouldn't lose any health and he could literally hit 10-20 meters away so I couldn't run away from him. He killed me and my camera just stayed there and showed my enemy get hit by nothing and then dying. Didn't get any loots though :(

Principate

Saint Titanfall

The map dudes house with the growling downstairs.... why the fuck would you choose to live there. Nice building or not fuck that shit I'm outta there.

Also the blacksmith's house where you could easily climb in through the window if he tried but he ask to find the key otherwise he ain't doing shit, and don't get me started on the Emerald herald. The place is full of weirdo's.

Yeah, I came from there. Which other routes?
If you try the other routes from Majula you will end up there too. Specifically the route through
Heide's Tower of Flame
, which is actually a very short and easy alternate starting area to Forest of Fallen Giants, slightly harder hitting enemies but still easy.

gaugebozo

first I took the 12k one, went down, it was a locked door. then I got the 500 one, dropped down, actually didnt die (had a sliver), healed, went down to get some items, and then one of the platforms broke and I fell and died

then I went down the 500 one again to try and get my souls back, but this time I DID die from falling from the 500 one, wtf >_>

anyway, you guys werent kidding about the
Rat boss, what the fuck at the little ones instantly giving you toxin from 1 hit >_> what are you supposed to do?

Toxic in one hit? You maybe underleveled or need to find a piece of armor that has better poison resistance. Also try not locking on and just running around the outside of the room. I think when I took this path I was around 90 SL

Just starting. This is the hardest part for me in Souls games. What to do / what class to start / what item to start with. Ugh I'm so indecisive. I've rolled a royal and pyro as my first plays in the past because I'm a baby. I don't know what to do here ._.

Rhaknar

Toxic in one hit? You maybe underleveled or need to find a piece of armor that has better poison resistance. Also try not locking on and just running around the outside of the room. I think when I took this path I was around 90 SL

killed him yay

first of all, stupid black knight greataxe, which ive been trying for a bit because I loved it in 1, was missing half the swings on the little rats, when I switched back to my trusty greatsword, I 1 shot them all with 2 swings

second, without lock on its indeed MUCH EASIER, you can just stay on his back legs the whole time.

its annoying me how many places there are to ue pharros stones here, I have no idea if im wasting them or not :/

edit: oh the
Rat Covenent... should I join? I forget what the deal with it is :(

Shahadan

Did I miss a staff or something? I'm still using the default staff and I've found dozens of different swords but no staves. Not even in shops iirc.
I just beat Pursuer. Killing giants in Heide Tower takes forever D:

Arkanius

Yeah,SL146 is NG+ territory my friend. You are way over leveled. I finished the game on the PS3 at SL120 or so.

I don't understand why though. Other than the Rat Covenant and doing bosses twice for the Coop I didn't do anything that would warrant such a huge SL.

Did I miss a staff or something? I'm still using the default staff and I've found dozens of different swords but no staves. Not even in shops iirc.

Vendors with Staffs will come soon. Finish up Heide's and there will be an NPC to open up a new area for you. The path to that new area has a vendor with Staves. However, the vendor will only talk to you if you have the minimum INT and FTH stats
I believe 8 in each

Grief.exe

Any hints on how to progress here? I'm in Last Bastille around the
sentinels boss. There was a door I had to explode some barrels to get through and now I'm trying to get out onto a ledge.

22mpFw6.jpg

pixlexic

Banned

To be honest I used the starter staff right up near the end on my ps3 play through. Just max it out and it is still better than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom